Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? (17484 Views)

Spam Mails Every Day In Yahoo Mail! / ***send Your HTML Bulk Mails Direct To Inbox Using My Online Mailler*** / Unsolicited E-mails Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by minute(f): 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2007
@nwando-------thank you very much. rightly said.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2007
mamaput,I agree with thou.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2007
minute:

@nwando-------thank you very much. rightly said.

My sister,I am shocked at these responses here.
Some are advocating it's the man's right to read the wife's mail
says who?
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by samix(m): 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2007
nwando:

moody smiley,it's not about hidden agenda,it's about respect.
It's about a woman having her own space
It's about her right to be an individual.

Can you imagine a situation where a woman's family member sends her an email complaining about something the husband or his family did or even calls him names.
Do you think the wife should shield her husband from such trauma or he ought to read it himself.
Or a potentially harmful news is received?

In marriage,yes,people become one but they don't lose their individuality.
A married woman can let her husband read her mail if she chooses but that should be her choice and I think she's entitled to it.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU BRO!!!!!!! once i leave my fathers "house" and get married my old nuclear family becomes my extended family and then i start my own nuclear life. wake up bro, will you be able to vouch for your wife without knowing virtually everything going on in her life? if u say YES then u are a dumbass
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2007
nwando:

moody smiley,it's not about hidden agenda,it's about respect.
It's about a woman having her own space
It's about her right to be an individual.[/b]Can you imagine a situation where a woman's family member sends her an email complaining about something the husband or his family did or even calls him names.
Do you think the wife should shield her husband from such trauma or he ought to read it himself.
Or a potentially harmful news is received?

In marriage,yes,people become one but they don't lose their individuality.
A married woman can let her husband read her mail [b]if she chooses but that should be her choice and I think she's entitled to it.

Respect has nothing to with this issue

And why are you trying to change this gender into a gender thing

What other privacy does he/she want after marriage, they both gave up that "privacies" after they said "I DO"

Why in the world will a wife family member send her an email complaining about her husband, don't you think its’ a bit risky, why can't they agree to meet in a private place to discuss the problem? I don’t think anyone in their right mind will do something foolish like that.

Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by omoge(f): 9:49pm On Nov 09, 2007
@ Moodylady, i agree with you. couples should learn to be open/share with each other. Once they are married, they should have a joint email address. what are they hidding? well, there is nothing hidden under the sun.

@ Nwando, what kind of space? a guy/lady should not marry if they are looking for space. I have all my space right now and when i finally settle down i will still want the same space?

i think it is more fun to do things together. i heard of some guys putting their cell phone under the pillow while they sleep  grin
easy to hack into your computer and read that emails you are hiding anyway. don't forget phishing/many other ways to get that password u don't want to give out  grin.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 10:04pm On Nov 09, 2007
omoge:

@ Moodylady, i agree with you. couples should learn to be open/share with each other. Once they are married, they should have a joint email address. what are they hidding? well, there is nothing hidden under the sun.

@ Nwando, what kind of space? a guy/lady should not marry if they are looking for space. I have all my space right now and when i finally settle down i will still want the same space?

i think it is more fun to do things together. i heard of some guys putting their cell phone under the pillow while they sleep grin
easy to hack into your computer and read that emails you are hiding, don't forget phishing/many other ways to get that password u don't want to give out grin.

Abi oh, what is she/he hiding, sometimes it makes me wonder if people actually know what marriage is all about. When you start hiding things from your wife/husband he/she will start getting suspicious, digging information that might lead to big argument then next thing they are getting divorce over unnecessary things, so why not afford trouble by your password freely.

When people get marry they are suppose to cancel their old email acct, by leaving the past behind, then start a new life, but no oh, they want to keep in touch with their ex's e.t.c create a new email and you can give it out to friend you want to keep in touch with, this are the only ways to avoid troubles
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2007
I disagree with Nwando . . . of course i don't believe in looking for her email password but what privacy are a husband and wife entitled to after marriage? Am i entitled to go out with the boys till goodness knows what time and the wife has no liberty or right to demand that i return home at a certain time?

Any family member is wise enough to know that you don't have ANY right to complain to me about my wife. If you don't like her that is your problem . . . na me marry am. Dont come to me with complaints for i wont listen to you and i expect it to be the same with her too.
If we have any problems it shld be solved between us and not with a third party coming to poke his/her nose.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 09, 2007
davidylan:

I disagree with Nwando . . . of course i don't believe in looking for her email password but what privacy are a husband and wife entitled to after marriage? Am i entitled to go out with the boys till goodness knows what time and the wife has no liberty or right to demand that i return home at a certain time?

Any family member is wise enough to know that you don't have ANY right to complain to me about my wife. If you don't like her that is your problem . . . na me marry am. Dont come to me with complaints for i wont listen to you and i expect it to be the same with her too.
If we have any problems it shld be solved between us and not with a third party coming to poke his/her nose.

Et tu David?

For the record,I don't believe in couples being secretive.
The example of email from family was just for purposes of illustration.
I have had plenty ocassions to give my hubby my password to send an email for me or print me out an email.
And I can assure you he did just that and did not go reading anyother mail.
He is that secure in himself.

Having said that,I would not be thrilled to come into our computer room and see Mr osisi grin logged on reading through my mail without my consent.
I would wonder what he were searching for.
I've never bothered about his email contents and he's never bothered about mine and I like it that way.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2007
trouble siddon, yanga wan wake am!!
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 09, 2007
omoge:

@ Nwando, what kind of space? a guy/lady should not marry if they are looking for space. I have all my space right now and when i finally settle down i will still want the same space? i think it is more fun to do things together. i heard of some guys putting their cell phone under the pillow while they sleep  grin
easy to hack into your computer and read that emails you are hiding anyway. don't forget phishing/many other ways to get that password u don't want to give out  grin.

You should not loose your identity with marriage.
You will thank me someday for this wise piece of advice.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 09, 2007
By the time a man is so bent on reading his wife's email,there are one of two problems

1.Trust issues

2.Control issues

In the same measure,a wife that is ransacking her husband's briefcase and smelling him for female perfumes also has
either trust issues or even self esteem issues.

Perfect love casts out all fears

You should love your spouse enough to trust that they are exactly what they claim to be.

let's see what the poster said at the beginning of the thread.

my wife refuse to give me her e-mail password, is she up to something?

The question should be,why is he so bent on reading his wife's email?
Must she say yes to request?
Is it his right to read her mail?
can she make the same demand of him?
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 09, 2007
omoge:

If I had a trumpet I would blow it loud and clear that a woman after marriage must have her own savings account,her own email grin,her own retirement account,her own individuality.
She must never ever be solely dependent on anyman.
Marriage is a union where a man and woman become one.
The woman is not lost in that oneness.

I am dealing right now with a loved one who was married and sadly lost herself in the marriage.
She gave all,had all her hard earned cash in a joint account like every good woman is expected.
Now after 3 kids,the efulefu man cleared the whole account,moved out and she's stuck with no savings,nothing,nada,zilch,nunca!! plus 3 kids.

Women need to love their husbands but they ought to exercise their God given common sense.
That is my final answer. grin
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by hbrednic: 11:00pm On Nov 09, 2007
which kin password? abi somebody don crazy?
by the way who send you come?
amibo of a husband.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by omoge(f): 11:30pm On Nov 09, 2007
Nwando, what kind of consent grin? so you mean to say anytime either of them feel like?--- ''darling, i permit you to read my email today only"? do you have to give him the password each time you want him to print out something for you?

better he already has it and you just ask him to help in printing.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by RichyBlacK(m): 11:59pm On Nov 09, 2007
diva_naija:

undecided wel. . . am kind of confused here since a lotta peeps r soo against the readin yr spouse mail thing.

I for one if married wil most def let my man hav my password if it so pleases him cus am an open person.Now if it were the boyfriend/fiancee who can dump u anytime then that's a differnet story cus he ain't got no right.

Ma sister is happily married n her husband checks her mail 4 her n vis versa cus most times she forget to do that.I don't see anything wrong wit readin yr wife's E-mail unless maybe she's got some surprises she doesn't want u to kno about lik mayb she's planing to invite Micheal Jackson over for yr birthday?? undecided

Jus me and what i think.

@diva_naija,

Very true talk! I agree with you 100%.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by RichyBlacK(m): 12:03am On Nov 10, 2007
What God has put together, no password shall put asunder!
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by theboy0808(m): 1:08am On Nov 10, 2007
lmao
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by almondjoy(f): 2:16am On Nov 10, 2007
It is so, so, so, so amazing that those who are not married are the greatest advocates of this "read your wife's e-mail" gospel.  To take it a step further, saying there is no privacy in a marriage.

He he he he he he he he he! grin grin grin grin grin I dey laff welly, welly!!!!  You are in your boyfriend/girlfriend stages of your lives and how many times have you let your the other read your e-mails or check your text messages? You think it "healthy" to share everything with your spouse? I say I dey laff!!!! Well, ignorance is definitely bliss. Most of you will soon learn the very hard way and cut the crap out of your "puppy crushes".

Please go and get married first and after the first 2 years, come back to Nairaland and tell us "how body"? cheesy  That is if you are still together oh!
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by almondjoy(f): 2:22am On Nov 10, 2007
nwando:

If I had a trumpet I would blow it loud and clear that a woman after marriage must have her own savings account,her own email grin,her own retirement account,her own individuality.
She must never ever be solely dependent on anyman.

Marriage is a union where a man and woman become one.
The woman is not lost in that oneness.

I am dealing right now with a loved one who was married and sadly lost herself in the marriage.
She gave all,had all her hard earned cash in a joint account like every good woman is expected.
Now after 3 kids,the efulefu man cleared the whole account,moved out and she's stuck with no savings,nothing,nada,zilch,nunca!! plus 3 kids.

Women need to love their husbands but they ought to exercise their God given common sense.
That is my final answer. grin

Now you are speaking ma language--abi a don corrupt you for Nairaland? tongue

People like you will have long successful marriages because you know what time it is. Some hear are just in "Disneyland" or should I say "Alex or Alice in Wonderland".  The fish scales will soon fall from their eyes.

The reason I say every woman should work outside the home and not depend on any man for some "chump change spousal support"---When I can do better by myself without looking in his direction for me and my children's upkeep?

Dear college students, please graduate first, get married, stay married first, then come back and tell us about reading emails oh? cheesy

A child carried around, has no idea how difficult it is to walk independently.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 10, 2007
as i get small shame, i must concede that the married ones here must have a point. Nwando and Almondjoy, of a truth we are not married and thus are only speaking from an idealistic point of view. We can only learn from una wey dey kitchen proper.

Oya how una dey do am? oga dey read ur emails
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 2:33am On Nov 10, 2007
almondjoy:

It is so, so, so, so amazing that those who are not married are the greatest advocates of this "read your wife's e-mail" gospel.  To take it a step further, saying there is no privacy in a marriage.

We answered the question based on experience, or don't we have parents that are married, and we have all witness both the success and failure of marriage.

He he he he he he he he he! grin grin grin grin grin I dey laff welly, welly!!!!  You are in your boyfriend/girlfriend stages of your lives and how many times have you let your the other read your e-mails or check your text messages?

And some of us have passed through that boy/girl friend level, and Yea I let my partner check my emails and I check his, in fact got the passwords to everything, neither do I go behind his back to check it, I notify him like "baby I was looking through your mail box and i found this", so people marriage and relationship are based on lies that’s why it so hard for them to give their partners the password to the emails

You think it "healthy" to share everything with your spouse? I say I dey laff!!!! Well, ignorance is definitely bliss. Most of you will soon learn the very hard way and cut the crap out of your "puppy crushes".

Please go and get married first and after the first 2 years, come back to Nairaland and tell us "how body"? cheesy  That is if you are still together oh!
just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for others, and you thing hiding email passwords from your wife/husband is healthy undecided

Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by almondjoy(f): 2:39am On Nov 10, 2007
davidylan:

as i get small shame, i must concede that the married ones here must have a point. Nwando and Almondjoy, of a truth we are not married and thus are only speaking from an idealistic point of view. We can only learn from una wey dey kitchen proper.

Oya how una dey do am? oga dey read your emails

When you are gainfully employed and you know what you have in a relationship--confidence and trust goes a long way.   We understand that when the chips are down--you do not need e-mails to wake you up to tell you the marriage is over.  It is as simple as - I WANT OUT!!!

If oga read my mail--he knows better than discussing it with me because he obviously will have several problems I cannot help him with at all and what he chooses to do next is up to him--not my problem at all. I am not the one complaining. cool

I can never disclose contents of my e-mails to anyone.  I do not go looking for his either.  Just don't care.  Because when you are in a marriage, you have to cover all bases and be prepared for "better for worse too"  This e-mail wahala is for people without trust and gainfull employment.

You only do such snooping around e-mails because you feel threatened by the other.  None existent in ma case.  

So the key is--do not go looking for trouble where there is none.  The "doors" of marriage have no emotional or physical locks---Everyone is free to leave--no wahala.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by almondjoy(f): 2:43am On Nov 10, 2007
MoOdYLaDy:

We answered the question[b] based on experience[/b],

or don't we have parents that are married, and we have all witness both the success and failure of marriage.

And some of us have passed through that boy/girl friend level, and Yea I let my partner check my emails and I check his, in fact got the passwords to everything, neither do I go behind his back to check it, I notify him like "baby I was looking through your mail box and i found this", so people marriage and relationship are based on lies that’s why it so hard for them to give their partners the password to the emails

just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for others, and you thing hiding email passwords from your wife/husband is healthy undecided

I say you are dreaming.  You think boyfriend/girlfriend relationship is the same as husband wife relationship? cheesy  Wait till you have more social and financial responsibilities. Let me see how long this "baby" thing will last. grin

My dear, just leave your parents own for now.  When you get your own--then you can really have the experience.  That boyfriend/girlfriend thing is "universal studio" or "disneyland" kind of thing.  I say you ain't seen nothing yet!!!!

Finally, it is not about lies---It is more about "letting sleeping dogs lie where they are". You will soon learn that it is not everything you see in a relationship that is "open for discussion"--unless you are ready to "walk". You will understand someday what it takes to keep a relationship going--especially marriage. The key ingriedients are "privacy, independence, mutual respect, friendship and open communication--not snooping around e-mails type. Snooping around e-mails is for children. When others are planning for retirement benefits--others are snooping around e-mails?
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 2:49am On Nov 10, 2007
almondjoy:

I say you are dreaming. You think boyfriend/girlfriend relationship is the same as husband wife relationship? cheesy

My dear, just leave your parents own for now. When you get your own--then you can really have the experience. That boyfriend/girlfriend thing is "universal studio" or "disneyland" kind of thing. I say you ain't seen nothing yet!!!!
Dreaming nope grin grin grin, i work towards my dreams by accomplishing what I want in life, and we have passed the boy/girlfriend thing haba grin grin.

Na wa ooooo 4 these married people oh, just because am not married yet, doesn't mean i haven't faced some obstacles in both life and relationship.

And yes i know marriage and been in a relationship isn't the same

I know been married isn't has sweet like it looks, trust me wink
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 2:51am On Nov 10, 2007
almondjoy:

When you are gainfully employed and you know what you have in a relationship--confidence and trust goes a long way.   We understand that when the chips are down--you do not need e-mails to wake you up to tell you the marriage is over.  It is as simple as - I WANT OUT!!!

I can never disclose contents of my e-mails to anyone.  I do not go looking for his either.  Just don't care.  Because when you are in a marriage, you have to cover all bases and be prepared for "better for worse too"  This e-mail wahala is for people without trust and gainfull employment.

You only do such snooping around e-mails because you feel threatened by the other.  None existent in ma case.  

So the key is--do not go looking for trouble where there is none.  The "doors" of marriage have no emotional or physical locks---Everyone is free to leave--no wahala.    

i'm not comfortable with this seemingly nonchallant attitude to marriage. I dont want to believe that my attitude to my wife's privacy should be "i just dont care" . . . i cared enough to have married her and promised to spend the rest of my life with her eh.
I wouldnt be demanding for my wife's password, i expect that she should be able to give it to me if i shld ever need it for purposes different from me wanting to snoop on her.
I shld trust my wife to be enough to give her privacy, i shld also trust her enough to know that she will never keep anything away from me.

This attitude of "be prepared for the worst" . . . will not be my own portion in marriage. The bible tells me to love my wife as Christ loves the chruch, i dont think Christ ever told the church "i just dont care".
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by RichyBlacK(m): 2:53am On Nov 10, 2007
MoOdYLaDy:

We answered the question based on experience, or don't we have parents that are married, and we have all witness both the success and failure of marriage.

I concur with you.

Some people have based their marriage on lies and somehow believe that it (lies) MUST be present in every marriage.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 2:56am On Nov 10, 2007
RichyBlacK:

I concur with you.

Some people have based their marriage on lies and somehow believe that it (lies) MUST be present in every marriage.
Yes oh, lies has destroyed so many happy homes today, that is why the divorce percentage is very high now
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by almondjoy(f): 2:58am On Nov 10, 2007
RichyBlacK:

I concur with you.

Sure, go and get married first and then come back and tell us how truthful you can be.  Some here cannot even keep one boyfriend or girlfriend or spouse and you are here talking about lies.  You guys are really dreamers. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Please ask your parents how they survived so long without splitting.  I am sure some have seen worse things than e-mails! grin

There are "sex, lies and videotapes" in every marriage. The ability to overcome those things make the marriage successful--so wait for your turns please and come back to Nairaland and post your experiences. Till then, just concentrate on graduating and landing your first meaningful job. The journey is far so rest well. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by RichyBlacK(m): 3:03am On Nov 10, 2007
MoOdYLaDy:

Yes oh, lies has destroyed so many happy homes today, that is why the divorce percentage is very high now

The way I see it is this. When some people have seen so many marriages crumble (very common in the "home of the brave"wink, they start to "arm" themselves for any eventualities in their own marriage. The trust is superficial at best, non-existent at worst, and the marriage reduces to "doing time" in some big house in, say, Dallas TX. When the alarm blows, the arsenals amassed will then be deployed. Many marriages have become some sort of armistice.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 3:04am On Nov 10, 2007
almondjoy:

Sure, go and get married first and then come back and tell us how truthful you can be.  Some cannot even keep one spouse and you are here talking about lies.  You guys are really dreamers. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Please ask your parents how they survived so long without splitting.  I am sure some have seen worse things than e-mails! grin
hmmmmmmmm you seem to be talk from experience.
Btw, I know what my parents are capable of us, and no one is beyond committing or fallen into temptation, these are reason why couples should be spiritual strong to avoids things type of adultery from happening.

Off course I know they both would have made some terrible mistakes in the past, but at least they are happy to work it out by the end of the day.

Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 3:05am On Nov 10, 2007
almondjoy:

There are "sex, lies and videotapes" in every marriage.

That is not true. There are millions of marriages who dont have any of the above. It seems you have a problem believing that some people could actuallyy be enjoying some things in marriage that you are not. IF your marriage contains lies . . . rest assured some have built theirs on the foundation of truth and trust.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others / Fix Hdcp Compliant Display Error When Watching Netflix Video In Safari On Mac / Free IWP VPS Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.