Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Does Any One Knows If Tinapa Has Been Opened To The Public ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Does Any One Knows If Tinapa Has Been Opened To The Public ? (987 Views)

The Tinapa Project Is So Stupid. / Pls Cost Of Lodging At Obudu Ranch/tinapa / Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Any One Knows If Tinapa Has Been Opened To The Public ? by darkroll(m): 6:10am On Nov 09, 2007
Does any one knows if TINAPA has been opened to the public ? cause am plaing to vist Nigeria soon .
Re: Does Any One Knows If Tinapa Has Been Opened To The Public ? by vikiviko(m): 11:38am On Nov 09, 2007
Tinapa was opened to the public on the 2nd April 2007 by the immediate past President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo

Woodin textiles is among 20 international merchants and labels who have commitment in the trade free zone.
Re: Does Any One Knows If Tinapa Has Been Opened To The Public ? by VOR(m): 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2007
It was certainly commissioned on this date.

But whether business has commenced at this
glorified shopping mall and it is actually open to the public
I am not sure of.

Is there anyone here who has actually bought anything from there?
Re: Does Any One Knows If Tinapa Has Been Opened To The Public ? by darkroll(m): 9:57am On Nov 10, 2007
I know it was commissioned April , but has the shops opened yet .

Has anyone bought something there yet ?
Re: Does Any One Knows If Tinapa Has Been Opened To The Public ? by 50kobo: 12:47am On Nov 11, 2007
as of 24th august only one shop was open - woodin,
the other shops are not yet open. dunno what they are waiting for!
Re: Does Any One Knows If Tinapa Has Been Opened To The Public ? by PapaBrowne(m): 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2007
I just read something on thisday today that federal government regulation as regards Tinapa's status as a free trade zone hasn't been properly defined and hence it's affecting investors that hitherto indicated interest as issues like customs excise duties, taxes etc would have to be settled before they open shop.

But 4 me I think the whole Tinapa & and Calabar project as a whole lost steam when Duke left office.
I hope the present Governor can bring it 2 life.
Re: Does Any One Knows If Tinapa Has Been Opened To The Public ? by VOR(m): 9:07pm On Nov 12, 2007
As I said, Tinapa is nothing but a glorified shopping mall.

I sincerely hope I am wrong but if care is not taken it
may turn out to be just another addition to the number
of Nigerian white elephant projects. embarassed undecided embarassed
Re: Does Any One Knows If Tinapa Has Been Opened To The Public ? by Nautillus(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2007
Tinapa is open and business has commenced so its open to the public,

The catch is that only halve is operational now, the otherhalf is still under construction but the open halve is more than big enough to fill ur tourist enquiries

grin grin
Re: Does Any One Knows If Tinapa Has Been Opened To The Public ? by PapaBrowne(m): 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2007
Nautillus:

Tinapa is open and business has commenced so its open to the public,

The catch is that only halve is operational now, the otherhalf is still under construction but the open halve is more than big enough to fill your tourist enquiries

grin grin

Mr Nautilus:
Whence did thou get thy info. Has thou ever shopped at Tinapa or does thou knwest anyone who has>
I really don't think its open.
Re: Does Any One Knows If Tinapa Has Been Opened To The Public ? by Busta(f): 7:51pm On Nov 13, 2007
What is Tinapa
Re: Does Any One Knows If Tinapa Has Been Opened To The Public ? by Arnold1(m): 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2007
Busta:

What is Tinapa

Visit this thread for details regarding tinapa
Re: Does Any One Knows If Tinapa Has Been Opened To The Public ? by darkroll(m): 1:19pm On Nov 21, 2007
does anyone knows about southern sun resort opening at Tinapa ?

(1) (Reply)

South African Valentine Promo With Nnc / In Need Of A Guarantor For E-passport / Dv-2012 Lottery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.