Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,622 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer (5076 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / He Reveals His True Identity And Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 7:30pm On Apr 25, 2012
michelin89:

How much where you paid by the chauvinists on this board?

Nothing i'm a female. Since you have made up your mind go to the divorce court, you might think your going mad now, but when your kids are asking about their dad, you might find it hard to deal with. He is a womanizer he always gonna be that way, focus on your business ignore this man before you know it he gonna be chasing you and trying to spend time with you, I know from my own personal experience with such a man.
Whatever decision you make all the best.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by moremi2008(m): 7:36pm On Apr 25, 2012
agiboma:

Nothing i'm a female. Since you have made up your mind go to the divorce court, you might think your going mad now, but when your kids are asking about their dad, you might find it hard to deal with. He is a womanizer he always gonna be that way, focus on your business ignore this man before you know it he gonna be chasing you and trying to spend time with you, I know from my own personal experience with such a man.

I think we all know that you chose to stay married to a randy goat for reasons best known to you. However, what works for you might not work for others. Some women come from good families and make their own money, so they don't need to stay in a marriage that puts them at risk of HIV and other STDs. This woman has a thriving business that can support her kids; she doesn't have to put with grossly irresponsible behavior or put her health at risk to survive and live well. Different things work for different people.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 8:43pm On Apr 25, 2012
moremi2008:
Different things work for different people.

Exactly well said so dont generalize my way of life, because my norm does not meet up to your standards whatever they may be. Unlike you i dont look towards my partner to be the source of my happiness @ lease the randy GOAT as you call him has a wife and family unlike you, single guy surfing NL. You are infact the true GOAT, jobless LOSER that needs to go get a life. FCK off you morone. I am very happy with my life and I'm not on here complaining about anything. See the problem is that people like you who have very little enlightenment cannot understand many concepts associated with marriage and children. I dont blame you, for having a lack of understanding and infact lack of intelligence. My reason's for staying you could never understand in this life unless you get an infusion of billions of brain cells. Dont worry hopefully one day some common sense will be your portion.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by ifyalways(f): 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2012
@OP,have you got one already?

I sat myself down today and went soul searching.I love my husband and family sooooo very much that i wonder if i would "really" walk away without a fight if ever things go awry.Hmmn,my honest answers to myself hit me so hard that i quickly went down on my knees to pray.No be mouth oh,na only God!

@Agiboma,I don't know all the whats or whys to your marriage but all i got to say is that "you are strong,woman",very strong!
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by gabbytabby: 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2012
If you have an unrepentant adulterer for a husband you dont need to leave him especially when you have 3 children. Provided he is a provider, contributes to helping raise the children, he is not a wife beater then my advice is for you to change the nature of your relationship (in your mind oh).

You dont want him to give you any decease so not only do you have headache, it has turned to migraine oh let loose a public dog. If you can change your job to part-time so that you can spend more time with your children and make them the focus of your life at this point.

Mr unofficial-exHusband is now your children's father, provider and house mate. If you have a seperate room in the home that you can stay in so that your blood does not boil over when he comes in smelling of other women and/or at unholy hours of the night, stay there and have a good night sleep as na him know wetin loss for him hand wey he dey look for.

There is one things that men take note of and that is when they are doing something that they expect you to react negatively to and you act like you have not even noticed or worse you dont care. Be civil to him, talk to him about what is close to your heart and is making you happy ie your children etc he is expecting a miserable woman and you come across as happy. He go fear small oh and might start to gabble about what he is up to when you no ask am nothing oh.

One of 2 things will happen, he will either change his ways(if he is able) or you then know that you have lost him as a husband but eh you got 3 lovely kids out of the AO.

No stretch yourself for public dog oh. Get someone to wash, iron and do stuff you need done abi no bi money he go spend where he dey go. How monkey(you) go they work and baboon (the women wey he dey follow) go dey chop.

When your children reach the age where it is easy for you to cope with them single handedly (sorry oh na when the last one enter Uni) then you have the option to decide what you want to do if any. This way, your children get to grow up in a home with both parents. Unfortunately you picked him but it does not mean that your children have to be deprived because of the decision you made. At this point its not about you really.

Goodluck whatever you decide
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by moremi2008(m): 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2012
agiboma:

Exactly well said so dont generalize my way of life, because my norm does not meet up to your standards whatever they may be. Unlike you i dont look towards my partner to be the source of my happiness @ lease the randy GOAT as you call him has a wife and family unlike you, single guy surfing NL. You are infact the true GOAT, jobless LOSER that needs to go get a life. FCK off you morone. I am very happy with my life and I'm not on here complaining about anything. See the problem is that people like you who have very little enlightenment cannot understand many concepts associated with marriage and children. I dont blame you, for having a lack of understanding and infact lack of intelligence. My reason's for staying you could never understand in this life unless you get an infusion of billions of brain cells. Dont worry hopefully one day some common sense will be your portion.

I think you've been beaten up enough on Nairaland. Good luck with your marriage! I hope you find true happiness in the end.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2012
@ Ify thanks very much its only when you are placed in a situation you will find your true strength. I have decided to be the true source of my happiness, i do things such as meditation and prayer to renew my spirit. I started a business and also keep busy with that, my marriage these days is good the dynamics have changed because i have changed my mind and the way i treat my husband. He in turn has changed, he spends more time @ home now, we talk, laugh and go out together, its like we are dating again. I would not be enjoying this in my marriage if i divorced. Things are working out great for us we are even planning another wedding ceremony to renew our vows. What I want to let OP know is that even womanizers can change and become the man the wife wants and needs. I have expereinced this in my home, but its only patience and understanding that saw me through. Once your husband see's the change in you he will begin to chase you and become interested in being a great husband to you again. That has been my advice to OP and all other women that come on NL with the "my husband is a womanizer complaint".
gabbytabby: If you have an unrepentant adulterer for a husband you dont need to leave him especially when you have 3 children. Provided he is a provider, contributes to helping raise the children, he is not a wife beater then my advice is for you to change the nature of your relationship (in your mind oh).

There is one things that men take note of and that is when they are doing something that they expect you to react negatively to and you act like you have not even noticed or worse you dont care. Be civil to him, talk to him about what is close to your heart and is making you happy ie your children etc he is expecting a miserable woman and you come across as happy. He go fear small oh and might start to gabble about what he is up to when you no ask am nothing oh.

Goodluck whatever you decide
Well said.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by taryour(f): 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2012
ifyalways: @OP,have you got one already?

I sat myself down today and went soul searching.I love my husband and family sooooo very much that i wonder if i would "really" walk away without a fight if ever things go awry.Hmmn,my honest answers to myself hit me so hard that i quickly went down on my knees to pray.No be mouth oh,na only God!

@Agiboma,I don't know all the whats or whys to your marriage but all i got to say is that "you are strong,woman",very strong!

i completely agree with u 100% ify,agiboma is indeed a strong woman,she is a true virtous woman. I respect her alot.
@agiboma,may God continue to bless ur family n may u never know pain in ur family IJN.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
taryour:

i completely agree with u 100% ify,agiboma is indeed a strong woman,she is a true virtous woman. I respect her alot.
@agiboma,may God continue to bless ur family n may u never know pain in ur family IJN.

Thank you very much my sister NL needs someone on here that does not conform and belong to the divorce club grin grin grin
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by taryour(f): 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2012
agiboma:

Thank you very much my sister NL needs someone on here that does not conform and belong to the divorce club grin grin grin

u are most welcomed madam,abeg dont forget to invite me to d party for renewing ur weddings vows ooo. Lol
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 25, 2012
agiboma: @ Ify thanks very much its only when you are placed in a situation you will find your true strength. I have decided to be the true source of my happiness, i do things such as meditation and prayer to renew my spirit. I started a business and also keep busy with that, my marriage these days is good the dynamics have changed because i have changed my mind and the way i treat my husband. He in turn has changed, he spends more time @ home now, we talk, laugh and go out together, its like we are dating again. I would not be enjoying this in my marriage if i divorced. Things are working out great for us we are even planning another wedding ceremony to renew our vows. What I want to let OP know is that even womanizers can change and become the man the wife wants and needs. I have expereinced this in my home, but its only patience and understanding that saw me through. Once your husband see's the change in you he will begin to chase you and become interested in being a great husband to you again. That has been my advice to OP and all other women that come on NL with the "my husband is a womanizer complaint".

Well said.

Congratulations,dear.
I want to suggest that you invite all the members of the divorce club cabal/Kabal to the renewal of vows between you and your husband whenever it comes up.
Did you see them on this thread spewing their vitriol and giving the OP ideas on how to get a lawyer?
What they do not understand is people can change and a bad husband today can become a good husband tomorrow.
The only thing permanent in life is change.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by kcheerful(f): 11:27pm On Apr 25, 2012
thanks to all those who showed empathy. and to all the bad mouthed people. maybe i should ask God to let u av a feel of what i am going thru so we will see if u will react differently.
what m,akes the situation hopeless is dat is parents are dead. they died shortly after we got married. his mum just had 2 of dem and he he the one feeding his brother so dat one cant even open nhis mouth to advise him.
my parents av spoken with him severally and i av told them to leave him alone
in short he has no one to report him to. he acts like he is cursed with that womanising spirit.
sometimes when i catch him, he promise to stop, but he'll be back into it again in a few weeks.
and he is getting more and more reckless about it
10 years is no joke for those who think i av not persevered enough.
for me itsa a new dawn.
let me free him.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 1:37am On Apr 26, 2012
Richvkunt:

Congratulations,dear.
I want to suggest that you invite all the members of the divorce club cabal/Kabal to the renewal of vows between you and your husband whenever it comes up.
Did you see them on this thread spewing their vitriol and giving the OP ideas on how to get a lawyer?
What they do not understand is people can change and a bad husband today can become a good husband tomorrow.
The only thing permanent in life is change.

ooo yes oo i will send out the invitation for all NL grin grin grin grin
@ OP you have made up your mind to leave so i wish you and your kids all the best, my hubby also has no one to advise him, his mom died and his dad]s like 85 but he does not listen to him, so i know where you coming from.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Nobody: 1:42am On Apr 26, 2012
kcheerful: thanks to all those who showed empathy. and to all the bad mouthed people. maybe i should ask God to let u av a feel of what i am going thru so we will see if u will react differently.
what m,akes the situation hopeless is dat is parents are dead. they died shortly after we got married. his mum just had 2 of dem and he he the one feeding his brother so dat one cant even open nhis mouth to advise him.
my parents av spoken with him severally and i av told them to leave him alone
in short he has no one to report him to. he acts like he is cursed with that womanising spirit.
sometimes when i catch him, he promise to stop, but he'll be back into it again in a few weeks.
and he is getting more and more reckless about it
10 years is no joke for those who think i av not persevered enough.
for me itsa a new dawn.
let me free him.

Dont mind the bad mouthers jooo. You wear the shoes, do what's right for you
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Nobody: 2:44am On Apr 26, 2012
agiboma:

As someone who grew up with a similar father to the OP's hubby, watched a lot of division and strife in my parents marriage and harboured resentment for my mother for not leaving him (all my 3 other siblings felt the same way); I completely disagree that the kids will be better off no matter how bad the father is. I'm not sure why you think every kid wants a dead beat, disconnected father in their lives just because he is their biological father.

Also when you say she should focus on herself and ignore the man, you are condemning her to a life without love, intimacy, emotional connection to a partner. Not every one wants that for the rest of their lives. She should at least give herself a chance to find love abi. Also she can't have her freedom as long as she stays married even if they are each doing their own thing. She is still in the eyes of the world a married woman and will still have to adhere to those standards.

She has tried, spent a decade with him without change. She has persevered enough, her decision for them to free each other is justified.

5 Likes

Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by moremi2008(m): 3:31am On Apr 26, 2012
ileobatojo:

As someone who grew up with a similar father to the OP's hubby, watched a lot of division and strife in my parents marriage and harboured resentment for my mother for not leaving him (all my 3 other siblings felt the same way); I completely disagree that the kids will be better off no matter how bad the father is. I'm not sure why you think every kid wants a dead beat, disconnected father in their lives just because he is their biological father.

Also when you say she should focus on herself and ignore the man, you are condemning her to a life without love, intimacy, emotional connection to a partner. Not every one wants that for the rest of their lives. She should at least give herself a chance to find love abi. Also she can't have her freedom as long as she stays married even if they are each doing their own thing. She is still in the eyes of the world a married woman and will still have to adhere to those standards.

She has tried, spent a decade with him without change. She has persevered enough, her decision for them to free each other is justified.

GBAM! So many traumatized children walking around today because their mum's couldn't muster the courage to walk away from really bad marriages. I still tell everyone that cares to listen that my mum walking away from her marriage to my late Dad was the best thing that happened to her and to us, the kids! I am so grateful to her for bearing the shame and carrying her cross to spare us the pain of living with my Dad. People that mocked us then or said we would turn out badly because we had no "father-figure" are stunned at how well each one of us turned out; in fact, we turned out so much better than children with two happily-married parents, our old friends still can't believe it! But nah so life be oh! If the world gives you lemons, you cry unto God and he'll help you make fantastic lemonade out of them! Ile oba to jo, ewa lo bu si, indeed!

3 Likes

Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Johndoe100(m): 3:31am On Apr 26, 2012
Sometimes I really wonder at the way people on this board think. Womanizing and being a serial womanizer is SOP (standard operating procedure) in Nigeria. Most women have come to understand that as long as the man takes care of his home and family they have nothing really to complain about. This woman is talking crap because the man has girlfriends? What if he decides to marry one? Can she or the fools who live in Australia and timbucto egging her on stop him? If she wants to leave let her, what is her fate going to be? She will end up the mistress to someone else's husband in a year or so when she wants to have sex.
Women who come on here to complain of this are really the foolish ones. The wise ones have come to terms with the reality of life in Nigeria. I mean if you are not insane like the internet Nigerian fools who come here to escape their miserable lives, would you be complaining about girlfriend in a country where men can legally marry multiple wives?
To the OP, please divorce your husband and free him from your trouble. Nothing spoil. He has already told you that you can go, you must really be a liability.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by SisiKill1: 4:50am On Apr 26, 2012
Timbuktu. . .Tim-Buk-Tu!

Carry on!
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by moremi2008(m): 8:26am On Apr 26, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Timbuktu. . .Tim-Buk-Tu!

Carry on!

LOL! It's like a game of whack-a-mole on these boards. Just when you think we've reached a consensus that women are human beings, another one pops up! grin
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 26, 2012
moremi2008:

GBAM! So many traumatized children walking around today because their mum's couldn't muster the courage to walk away from really bad marriages. I still tell everyone that cares to listen that my mum walking away from her marriage to my late Dad was the best thing that happened to her and to us, the kids! I am so grateful to her for bearing the shame and carrying her cross to spare us the pain of living with my Dad. People that mocked us then or said we would turn out badly because we had no "father-figure" are stunned at how well each one of us turned out; in fact, we turned out so much better than children with two happily-married parents, our old friends still can't believe it! But nah so life be oh! If the world gives you lemons, you cry unto God and he'll help you make fantastic lemonade out of them! Ile oba to jo, ewa lo bu si, indeed!

i've always said that few little attitude from people could tell a lot about them, i was being sceptic about you being a product of divorce the way you were posting comments in support of divorce. my dear divorce is NOT the ultimate solution to marriage-difficulties. 'when the going gets tough, the tough gets going'. don't forget you are a man, you will soon have your own family. it is better to make up than to break up, the failure is when we try to make up all by ourself. my message to you is that 'you should never be proud/boastful that your mum divorced your father(R.I.P)' it was never her wish from the wedding day, it was absolutely unfortunate, and you don't wish to experience the same in your time.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by moremi2008(m): 9:33am On Apr 26, 2012
991:

i've always said that few little attitude from people could tell a lot about them, i was being sceptic about you being a product of divorce the way you were posting comments in support of divorce. my dear divorce is NOT the ultimate solution to marriage-difficulties. 'when the going gets tough, the tough gets going'. don't forget you are a man, you will soon have your own family. it is better to make up than to break up, the failure is when we try to make up all by ourself. my message to you is that 'you should never be proud/boastful that your mum divorced your father(R.I.P)' it was never her wish from the wedding day, it was absolutely unfortunate, and you don't wish to experience the same in your time.

Blah, blah, blah... abeg, save the commentary for somebody that truly cares. You don't know the story; you didn't live our lives. Marriage is not a life sentence in jail; you can only fight for it for so long. Wisdom is knowing when to try harder and knowing when to walk away. My Mum walked away from the severe beatings and cheating after struggling to keep her marriage together for 9yrs; she had little regret. She remarried a richer and saner man, built a fantastic career and business and raised 4 amazing children. My Dad? He continued his lifestyle of wanton womanization, lavish spending on rubbish, heavy drinking and smoking. He died absolutely broke, having squandered his vast wealth; he was drinking while driving. It was my Mum and stepdad that paid for his funeral and none of his many girlfriends bothered to show-up.

No, I am NOT a product of divorce. I am the product of a woman's hard work, sheer determination and fervent prayers. Stop bothering me with your nonsense theories that have zero correlation with reality.

6 Likes

Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 10:03am On Apr 26, 2012
[quote author=Johndoe100]Sometimes I really wonder at the way people on this board think. Womanizing and being a serial womanizer is SOP (standard operating procedure) in Nigeria. Most women have come to understand that as long as the man takes care of his home and family they have nothing really to complain about. This woman is talking crap because the man has girlfriends? What if he decides to marry one? Can she or the fools who [b]live in Australia [/b]and timbucto egging her on stop him? If she wants to leave let her, what is her fate going to be? She will end up the mistress to someone else's husband in a year or so when she wants to have sex.
Women who come on here to complain of this are really the foolish ones. The wise ones have come to terms with the reality of life in Nigeria. I mean if you are not insane like the internet Nigerian fools who come here to escape their miserable lives, would you be complaining about girlfriend in a country where men can legally marry multiple wives?
quote]

lol I could not agree more, let her divorce him with 3 kids ok ma. The grass is certainly greener on the other side. Good luck. At the bolded part that is the biggest LOSER on NL, talking nonsense every chance she gets. BUt op listen to her oooo, divorce move on, while she remains in her miserable marriage deceiving herself all is well.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 10:11am On Apr 26, 2012
ileobatojo:

I dont blame you she should leave. Then go to the Romance section put up an add single mature mother of 3, looking for a good man. ok oooo, good luck with that in this Nigeria i'm afraid the only thing she gonna find is married men looking for fun. Well all the best to OP.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by taryour(f): 10:28am On Apr 26, 2012
[quote author=agiboma][/quote]

Lol
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by jaybee3(m): 10:30am On Apr 26, 2012
agiboma:

I dont blame you she should leave. Then go to the Romance section put up an add single mature mother of 3, looking for a good man. ok oooo, good luck with that in this Nigeria i'm afraid the only thing she gonna find is married men looking for fun. Well all the best to OP.
Are you basically saying Divorce is not advised under any circumstance whatsoever?
The OP never for once suggested she wanted to go find happiness outside (moving in with another man) so your talk of the grass is not greener outside just don't wash.

Why should someone be in something and be unhappy?

1 Like

Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 26, 2012
moremi2008:

Blah, blah, blah... abeg, save the commentary for somebody that truly cares. You don't know the story; you didn't live our lives. Marriage is not a life sentence in jail; you can only fight for it for so long. Wisdom is knowing when to try harder and knowing when to walk away. My Mum walked away from the severe beatings and cheating after struggling to keep her marriage together for 9yrs; she had little regret. She remarried a richer and saner man, built a fantastic career and business and raised 4 amazing children. My Dad? He continued his lifestyle of wanton womanization, lavish spending on rubbish, heavy drinking and smoking. He died absolutely broke, having squandered his vast wealth; he was drinking while driving. It was my Mum and stepdad that paid for his funeral and none of his many girlfriends bothered to show-up.

No, I am NOT a product of divorce. I am the product of a woman's hard work, sheer determination and fervent prayers. Stop bothering me with your nonsense theories that have zero correlation with reality.

Your mum Did the right thing, look how well you all have turned out. I remember telling you once on serubawon's thread that after now one mumu girl will come from nowhere and want you to hate your mother, the woman that fought so hard to see you all through school and stuff. She chose life instead of marriage and that was a pretty smart move. Chose life and live for your kids.

Some men are just not worth the stress.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 11:00am On Apr 26, 2012
jay bee:
Are you basically saying Divorce is not advised under any circumstance whatsoever?
The OP never for once suggested she wanted to go find happiness outside (moving in with another man) so your talk of the grass is not greener outside just don't wash.

Why should someone be in something and be unhappy?

What I am saying is:

Op says she wants romance, intimacy, faithfulness etc. Her husband does not give it to her because he is a womanizer, and she knew this befor entering into the marriage. Now she wants to leave with 3 children OP needs to be realistic about her life in this Society. The chances of her finding prince charming and a loving partner and bright future together is very low. She should know what most likely awaits her divorce. People on here cheering her on to divorce ok, they wont be the one raising those kids alone and being some married man's girlfriend. The future for OP with 3 kids is not looking very bright in terms of catching a young, rich faithful professional. But all the best to her.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 26, 2012
agiboma: [/quote]
lol I could not agree more, let her divorce him with 3 kids.

[quote author=Johndoe100]Sometimes I really wonder at the way people on this board think. Womanizing and being a serial womanizer is SOP (standard operating procedure) in Nigeria. Most women have come to understand that as long as the man takes care of his home and family they have nothing really to complain about. This woman is talking crap because the man has girlfriends?

Honestly, the fact that you "completely agree" with this complete and utter rubbish post is troubling.

agiboma:

Suffering and smiling is not for everyone. We don't know if the OP will be ever interested in finding another guy. If she isn't there's nothing wrong with that, she will still have her freedom and her sanity. Her kids will grow up in a healthier, loving environment and not learn to model their father's behavior as they grow older.

2 Likes

Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by livapul86(m): 11:11am On Apr 26, 2012
agiboma:

To be very SINCERE, this is the most illogical, defeatist and low self esteem statement that i have ever seen. Woman, you need a serious REOREINTATION. So you define your own self worth and sanity on the ability to answer Mrs? Though, you've made your own choice of sticking with a Man that disrespected you and i totally applaud you for that, but that is your own CHOICE. As a man, i would feel disgusted if a woman defined her sanity and self-worth as a HUMAN BEING on being tied to the apron strings of a USELESS MAN. The Op is the one suffering a tide of abuses in her marriage and her DESIRE to end it all has my ABSOLUTE SUPPORT.

5 Likes

Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by jaybee3(m): 11:13am On Apr 26, 2012
agiboma:

What I am saying is:

Op says she wants romance, intimacy, faithfulness etc. Her husband does not give it to her because he is a womanizer, and she knew this befor entering into the marriage. Now she wants to leave with 3 children OP needs to be realistic about her life in this Society. The chances of her finding prince charming and a loving partner and bright future together is very low. She should know what most likely awaits her divorce. People on here cheering her on to divorce ok, they wont be the one raising those kids alone and being some married man's girlfriend. The future for OP with 3 kids is not looking very bright in terms of catching a young, rich faithful professional. But all the best to her.

Do you actually understand the reason why women are looked down on in the nation called Nigeria when it's somewhat acceptable for men to maltreat them and they still being expected to accept because of society or better still the inability for them to raise their respective wards themselves.

You see, the world has evolved and women are now being empowered. Most men these days (myself included) have just the one thing to offer women which is our JT. Women should be viewed as equal and thus shouldn't be maltreated.
There are so many strong single mothers out there flying the flag and doing proud things. No one should ever be encouraged to be in an unhappy relationship.
Yes divorce shouldn't be the first point of call and neither should it be taken off the table when it comes to infidelity and obvious lack of care towards either party.

A man showing lack of respect will never change. They may slow down but holding on to the false hope that change will occour will leave the person concerned with grey hair in no time.

Emotional abuse is about the worst thing you can do to one's partner

1 Like

Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 26, 2012
ROTFL, I am so happy that men are seeing this and responding from their own point of view and not Jenny's this time.

I don't know if it is because I have been away from Nigeria for so long BUT who agrees with a man who sees cheating and sleeping arond as normal as long as he takes care of his family? Sometimes you agree with a statement just to spite someone unbeknownst to you, youve just shot yourself in the leg

I cannot wrap my head around this.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 26, 2012
livapul86:
To be very SINCERE, this is the most illogical, defeatist and low self esteem statement that i have ever seen. Woman, you need a serious REOREINTATION. So you define your own self worth and sanity on the ability to answer Mrs? Though, you've made your own choice of sticking with a Man that disrespected you and i totally applaud you for that, but that is your own CHOICE. As a man, i would feel disgusted if a woman defined her sanity and self-worth as a HUMAN BEING on being tied to the apron strings of a USELESS MAN. The Op is the one suffering a tide of abuses in her marriage and her DESIRE to end it all has my ABSOLUTE SUPPORT.

You are on the money, bravo!

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Unbelievable Ways To Have A Fun Filled Honeymoon In Nigeria With Little Expenses / He's 21, I Am 19 And We Are Happily Married / 7 Qualities Of An Ideal Wife (wife Material)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.