Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,134,563 members, 7,747,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 February 2024 at 04:51 PM

I Know What Obasanjo Did Last Easter...written By Jude Egbas - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Know What Obasanjo Did Last Easter...written By Jude Egbas (538 Views)

Jude Okoye Shares Photo With His Daughter… Can You See The Resemblance? / I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye / "Goldie Keeps Telling Me That I Know Who Killed Her" - Denrele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Know What Obasanjo Did Last Easter...written By Jude Egbas by amakaikeng(f): 9:31am On Apr 25, 2012
Poor General Olusegun Obasanjo! There are times when, faced with allegations as deprecating as sleeping with your son’s wife and turning the facts on its head on National Television, even battle hardened Generals retreat to lick their wounds.

Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo, did not have a particularly good Easter holiday. And not even he can laugh about this. They are Generals who are regarded as self-effacing and taciturn. But ‘Baba Iyabo’ is certainly not one of those.

He loves the spotlight; ever the rabble rouser, he craves our attention. He loves being feted. The General, like the archetypal village headmaster, loves it when we cower in his presence and let him launch into a harangue bordering on norms and decent practices. He loves to hear himself speak. And in doing so, oftentimes, shoots himself in the foot.

Take his blatant denial of supervising an infamous third term bill in the twilight of his second term as Nigeria’s democratically elected president back in 2007, for instance. It was revisionism at its best. Hear the Ota warlord as a guest of a Channels TV Program-- Network Africa…
“It (third term bill) was not an Executive bill. You are extremely wrong. If I wanted a third term, that would have come from me….none of the people who were close to me will ever tell you that I told them to go and work for me for a third term. So all of you talking about a third term are very unfair….you are mischievous and you are….I don’t know what else to call you”.

For starters, you can call us ‘Stupid’, Sir. You can even add ‘gullible’ and ‘poor students of history’ to your list, Sir. Like the obedient students that we are, we would accept your revisionist theory and believe that that mad scramble by your team to have your name on the ballot again for a third time never happened. Oh, how completely fouled up our sense of recall is!

But please do not sell your theory, Baba, within earshot of Sen Ken Nnamani, who was Senate President at the time and under whose watch billions of money exchanged hands for the purposes of....continue to read more here http://amakaikenga..com/2012/04/i-know-what-obasanjo-did-last-easter.html

(1) (Reply)

Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber Highest Paid Young Celebrities / Kegan Or Prezzo / Report Naija: Peter Okoye Expecting Second Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.