Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? (16188 Views)

Why Do Women Really Hate Football? / Won't You Hate Football If Lionel Messi Wins The Wopty Awards Again In Barca / Does Any Guy Hate Football? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2012
Though I'm an avid football fan, I believe we should respect the preferences of others. Though I may not (maybe NEVER) understand why a man in this part of the world would hate football, that fact doesn't make him a homo.

Just part of the diversity of life, I guess. undecided undecided
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Reference(m): 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2012
BABE!:

Any man who brushes his teeth twice a day is [i]ga[/i]y. Olodos!!! Americans (in general) don't fancy Football/soccer, that makes them gay? Football is the most popular sport in the world, you've tried watching the/any super bowl? That makes America a colony for [i]ga[/i]ys?

OP, good for you. Mr. A is yet to pay his child's school fees, he's busy weeping for Barcelona. lol. I used to be like Mr. A, but I've finally seen the light ... [s]when Arsenal won gimme high BP at my old age[/s]. grin

Most people supporting teams and squandering their tuition on celebrating their team's victory are clueless. They don't know jack about nothing (especially the females). The whole situation is messed up. grin Only God can save them football fans. The sport is dangerously powerful.

Well, I think those who love the sport are more willing to put their emotions on the line rather than hiding them, perhaps with a view to discovering something about themselves they didn't know or seriously misjudged.

Every aspect of a typical season is a reflection of life itself. Barca were a walking collosus but stumbled when it mattered. What does that teach you. Chelsea was once a basket case. Today they are celebrated. That is another solid lesson. So it is with United, City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool. Every team has d story and a topsy-turvy character building one. That is the story. That is the drama. That is that is the attraction.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by sandysprax(m): 4:16pm On Apr 25, 2012
puplin: Ok..which means you still like football...op sees it as pure waste of time.

I watch it only when i dnt have options.People can use it to relax as against making it an obsession.It's not a waste of time if u control ur obsession and do the right things at the right time.Most students these days would rush their exams inorder to catch up with a football game.My own brother starved himself the other day cos chelsea lost a match.I see that as utterly uncalled for really....As for me, could'nt care less.

@HNosegbe, u've spoken like an elder.Well done
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by gegee(m): 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2012
its simple u have too much female hormones estrogen and progesteron so better go watch all them nigeria movies with ur mother and ur sisters or ur wife and her friends tongue tongue tongue
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2012
I told my wife, Any man who does not love football loves a lot of women( meaning a womanizer) and thats true,since then she wants me to love football even more than b4, Now she has join me in loving football grin grin grin
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2012
Count me in poster, I don't like football at all. My reason is i see it as a total waste of time. I gain nothing from it, absolutely nothing. Call me old fashioned(am 23yrs btw) but I would rather seat back and watch a nice documentary on discovery/natgeo/history . The "excitement" football watchers get when watching a match is the same i get when watching an educative documentary, though the difference is they loose some intelegence (by shouting,screaming,jumping senselessly), On the other hand i gain intelegence by concentrating and learning something. grin

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2012
CHESSBOARD: I told my wife, Any man who does not love football loves a lot of women( meaning a womanizer) and thats true,since then she wants me to love football even more than b4, Now she has join me in loving football grin grin grin

aha ah aha ha Funny grin
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by BABE3: 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2012
Reference:

Well, I think those who love the sport are more willing to put their emotions on the line rather than hiding them, perhaps with a view to discovering something about themselves they didn't know or seriously misjudged.

Every aspect of a typical season is a reflection of life itself. Barca were a walking collosus but stumbled when it mattered. What does that teach you. Chelsea was once a basket case. Today they are celebrated. That is another solid lesson. So it is with United, City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool. Every team has d story and a topsy-turvy character building one. That is the story. That is the drama. That is that is the attraction.

How the Mighty have fallen.. The young shall grow.. You'll make it with determination and hard work..

You have to be a football fanatic before those cliches sink into your head? ? Those are normal, everyday, lessons. How many people actually pay attention to those things while watching football sef...? How many people really reflect? ?

My guy, too much of everything is bad..bad..bad. I'm a fan of people supporting their clubs/teams normally, with moderation. However, when your fanaticism starts to affect you and people around you, (where's Coogar? grin )then something needs to change.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by jennyb2: 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2012
i wonder wat kind of guy dat doe not luv football; i need to marry a futball luver odawise d house will be very boring. besides sports is d best exercise for d brain find out!
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2012
stagger: Football is a true man's sport; it is not for the chicken hearted who are better off in their mother's kitchens.

What can beat the ability to tackle and take a tackle?

I broke 5 bones for football growing up. The sport made me popular in the university and got me some of the finest girls then. Nothing beats it. If I had more guidance, I would have gone to Europe to play it after my university days.

My wife cannot understand my passion for it; but she knows that when it is soccer time on DSTV, those romantic comedies and thrillers that she watches as any typical woman does, gives way totally. NON-NEGOTIABLE!

_
You want a man's sport? Go back in time to the era of the Romans and fight for your honour in the Arena.
_
The Romans will be rolling over in their graves if they could see what is being considered as men's sport now. Smh!
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by MmuoOkija: 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2012
stagger: Football is a true man's sport; it is not for the chicken hearted who are better off in their mother's kitchens.

What can beat the ability to tackle and take a tackle?

I broke 5 bones for football growing up. The sport made me popular in the university and got me some of the finest girls then. Nothing beats it. If I had more guidance, I would have gone to Europe to play it after my university days.

My wife cannot understand my passion for it; but she knows that when it is soccer time on DSTV, those romantic comedies and thrillers that she watches as any typical woman does, gives way totally. NON-NEGOTIABLE!

Dude so true. . .

Real men play football... When we first arrived Ghana, there was so much hostility between the Nigerians & the Ghanaians that we had to look for a middle ground. . Guess what we used?! YES! Football. . The Nigerian side that had very few players still managed to pull a win over them and that made our rivalry turn into something more productive as the Ghana/Nigeria match became a once per semester event till date. .

If you aint watching football, its cool as long as you are into other manly sports like Basketball, (womens) Lawn Tennis or any other racket or ball related sport except lacrosse and other such ga'y sports. . .

Its either you are playing/loving football or you are playing/loving "MAN balls"
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by puplin(f): 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
sandysprax:

I watch it only when i dnt have options.People can use it to relax as against making it an obsession.It's not a waste of time if u control ur obsession and do the right things at the right time.Most students these days would rush their exams inorder to catch up with a football game.My own brother starved himself the other day cos chelsea lost a match.I see that as utterly uncalled for really....As for me, could'nt care less.

@HNosegbe, u've spoken like an elder.Well done
But football is mostly on weekends and occasionally on weekdays...its not an obsession for me since it's not an everyday thing. Everyone has his/her own obsessions, what is yours?
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2012
CHESSBOARD: I told my wife, Any man who does not love football loves a lot of women( meaning a womanizer) and thats true,since then she wants me to love football even more than b4, Now she has join me in loving football grin grin grin

Na wa o.... Chai!!! grin grin
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Emphasis(m): 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2012
@poster wow a lot of ladies are already tripping for u... How does that make u feel?
Its amazing how much u know about football, yet u claim to hate it. Football is a game, and people do make a career out of it, like any other game its entertaining, informative and educative. Its a social forum, affords u the avenue to get to meet people, etc. The importance/impact of football can not be over emphasized... People pay to be entertained, so i see no big deal in paying to watch matches @ viewing centre.
What exactly is ur area of interest? Nigerian movies? Gossiping? Anyway u claim to rather spend ur football time on productive/intellectual things, what have u really invented/created? Why is ur name not heard in politics/business? I know great achievers in life who are football lovers, yet there are equally excelling in their careers.
Did i hear u ask if u are alone? No u aren't alone, the ladies are all over ur side... And thats where u belong.

4 Likes

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Emphasis(m): 5:45pm On Apr 25, 2012
There is a difference between obsession and passion. Have seen people love football without losing their heard. Dont focus on the negativity that comes with football... The positives are enormous.
DiD i hear someone say americas don't fancy football/soccer? Hahahahahaha thats a laugh, and am sure they don't fancy basketball? Lol. Get ur facts n figures right.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by francis247(m): 5:54pm On Apr 25, 2012
bolargeez: Football is a crowd sport, and I believe crowd is senseless. Why would I waste my two hours watching a game that would soon fizzle out of my memory like a scoop of ice cream. The time is better spent doing something more intellectually rewarding. Aside the crowd mentality syndrome invoke by the game, the game has programmed the people's mind to accept it as a modern day gladiators spectacle.

The shout and war of colours are so maddening. Up Blues, Red for life, I wonder what happens to Green for life. We are so engrossed with foreign own sports we neglect our own local league. Many homes are in jeorpardy simply because the bread winner has turned viewing center to his second home. A guy in my area has turned to complete Chelsea Brand Ambassador. Whereever, he his ready to flunt his blue car, sneekers, jersey, bandana, muffler and his blue girlfriend.

I beg dont discuss with me the game of yesterday, I have a more potent dough of today to make.
FOOTBALL HATERS INC.

I hope I am not alone, blunt and candid opinions are welcomed.
oh man! Know Thyself. You are who you are. One man's meat will forever be another man's poison so loving or hating/being allergic to any (artificially invented) game whatsoever does not make you more/less of a man; You are who you are, you just have to know yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 25, 2012
@op not everybody will like football and dat shouldnt be enough reason 4 u to crucify those that like it.. Likewise almost every americans like basketball does mean they should crucify dose that doesnt.... And nobody will crucify u 4 not liking the game

In nigeria situation whereby all u here is terrorism, embezzlement etc.. People need sumtin to cheer themselves up...

And those that are saying nigerians dnt support their local league... If the league is up to standard people will support it... Besides supportin european is not only a nigeria thingy... Its world wide thing... So wtf
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2012
Vikin: OP, most ppl supporting you here are Ladies...so what does that tell you tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
that he is a she cheesy grin
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by BABE3: 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2012
Emphasis: There is a difference between obsession and passion. Have seen people love football without losing their heard. Dont focus on the negativity that comes with football... The positives are enormous.
DiD i hear someone say americas don't fancy football/soccer? Hahahahahaha thats a laugh, and am sure they don't fancy basketball? Lol. Get ur facts n figures right.

Will you sharap?! Americans fancy Baseball, American Football, Basketball, Hockey and Golf.

Just so you know, Hockey and Golf come before Football/soocer in the United States.

You wanna compare NFL to MLS...in terms of popularity...in America?
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by sandysprax(m): 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2012
puplin: But football is mostly on weekends and occasionally on weekdays...its not an obsession for me since it's not an everyday thing. Everyone has his/her own obsessions, what is yours?

Knowledge.Like someone said earlier, i'd rather be caught watching NATGEO or Discovery than Super Sports 3 or whatever channel it is u guyz watch it.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by oomen(m): 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
I hate football with passion! The attention being invested on it by it's fans is really upsetting and not worth it.No serious minded man with a good ambition would sit for that long period of time that a match lasts.I would prefer basketball.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2012
@OP,
Different strokes for different folks,but man what is wrong with you?You gotta love football!Well to each his own..
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by JojoArmani(m): 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2012
@poster is ur choice if u dont like football but dont hate those dat love it. Guiness said football is more dan a game so u need more dan a ................ Lol

I wonda wat else dis poster do for fun. Am just guessing.
Maybe he loves africa magic,

maybe he is a gaaaay

maybe a programmer

maybe he is . . . . . . . . No offence
U can include why u think he hate football.

Even girls dat dont watch it maybe is takin their men away from them for a while.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2012
odiaero: How does this relate to romance?
Lmao...d thing taya me
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by kilimanjaro(m): 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2012
mukina2: Football is a way of life.

its not a must for every man to like it. each to his own i guess.

Just like you have females who hate things almost every female likes grin we cant all be barbies cheesy grin

that does not make non-barbie females lesser females.

its a universal sport that unites people of every race/language etc.

hate it or like it. to some its like a religion.

i love/live/breathe football and when i have a male child he MUST love it cheesy

U nailed it! I love football.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by kilimanjaro(m): 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2012
oomen: I hate football with passion! The attention being invested on it by it's fans is really upsetting and not worth it.No serious minded man with a good ambition would sit for that long period of time that a match lasts.I would prefer basketball.
You don't sound normal! Just a comment.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2012
kilimanjaro:
You don't sound normal! Just a comment.
Rude!!!!!! grin grin
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2012
Fellywood: [sup][/sup]

grin grin grin grin Football was sweet until chelsea wacked their way to the finals grin grin grin
Lwkmd...hahahahahahaahah...this defeat really broke all your joints....ahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahaahahahahah....take heart man
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2012
BABE!:

Any man who brushes his teeth twice a day is [i]ga[/i]y. Olodos!!! [b]Americans (in general) don't fancy Football/soccer, [/b]that makes them gay? Football is the most popular sport in the world, you've tried watching the/any super bowl? That makes America a colony for [i]ga[/i]ys?

OP, good for you. Mr. A is yet to pay his child's school fees, he's busy weeping for Barcelona. lol. I used to be like Mr. A, but I've finally seen the light ... [s]when Arsenal won gimme high BP at my old age[/s]. grin

Most people supporting teams and squandering their tuition on celebrating their team's victory are clueless. They don't know jack about nothing (especially the females). The whole situation is messed up. grin Only God can save them football fans. The sport is dangerously powerful.

While I have nothing against the essence of your post,I totally disagree with your postulation that Americans in general don't fancy football.
Since the 1994 World cup tournament that took place in the United States Footballor soccer as it is called states side has been on the rise as a sport in America.This rise in intrest can also be seen in the position of the American team in all the world cup tournaments that have taken place since 1994.
The American MLS franchise is also one of the fastest rising leagues in the world if you consider the amount of money used to prise David Beckham away from Europe.
I do not think football/soccer is more dangerously powerful than Music or movies or television.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by global129: 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2012
your answer is YES!u re on your own (OYO)!!! SEE Fans!!!Barca unclothedness

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by oomen(m): 6:30pm On Apr 25, 2012
I hate football with passion! The attention being invested on it by it's fans is really upsetting and not worth it.No serious minded man with good future ambition would sit to watch football for that long period of time that a match lasts.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2012
Fellywood:

grin grin ;DBros, GOALLLL is sweet when beautiful football is played....not the kind chelsea plays grin grin grin grin I dey look for trouble abi? grin grin grin
Still hurting?...lmao...dude,grow up...u win some,u loose some...welcome to the no-trophy-league-for-2011/2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Highest Paying Sports In The World. / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals / FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.