Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,175 members, 7,780,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:57 AM

'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark (32120 Views)

Poll: Watz your impression of diz poem?

Good: 0% (0 votes)
Bad: 0% (0 votes)
Excellent: 0% (0 votes)
Fairly good: 0% (0 votes)
Mesmerizing: 100% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Tribute To My Little Sister. «niece» (rap Poetry) / A Tribute To A Living Legend / A Tribute To Garri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by Linusclark(m): 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2012
If you don't know the colours of sorrow:look at my tears,
If you have never known Melancholy :feel the pains in my heart!
O Tears! Why has thou made me an acquaintance,when you know your home dealt not in my heart?

Days were like weeks,
Weeks like months,
and months like years,
Oh sister! Why did u have 2 go?
When will you return?
Who will be my sister?
Where can i find that requited love of yours?

Thy demise was a pearl of thunder,
It struck down the hapiness imbued in the world,
Darkness was high and low,
the Moon out of frustration refused 2 shine,
the splendid Stars wept a million tears!

Oh Ijeoma! Ijeoma! My one and only sister,a doting sister dat broke mountains 2 bring me joy,
If only i could turn back the hands of time,then the pangs of nostalgia i feel at present will be replenished with everlasting Joy and mirth!

May thy gentle soul rest in perfect peace,amen!

Friends,Life is not a bed roses,
It pricks like a thorn,
And destroys like an earthquake,
why then do we lay waste our time and talents?
We must learn 2 glow like the sun by day,and like the moon and stars at night.
Remember:a stitch in time saves nine!

12 Likes

Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by Linusclark(m): 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2012
I wil b glad if u kindly drop a comment after reading diz poem.....plz...
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 31, 2012
Hi Linusclak, I read wit deep sense of sorrow ur poem which is a tribute to ur beloved sister. I must say it's painful especially coming 2 d knowledge dat she is ur only sister, pls dear take heart. I lost ma two beautiful sisters years bak; dis poem has only but brot bak dia memories 2 me, bt wat can one do? Only bear n hope dat someday we shall all pass away. Earthly case is indeed heavenly grace. Linus ur style of poetry is quite graceful. Thanks 2 pple like u who wud write n post online 4 others 2 b blessed. Much Luv bro. I'm also a poet, I hope 2 post some of ma poems soon. Once again, many thanks!

2 Likes

Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by Linusclark(m): 11:36pm On Jun 23, 2012
Thanks bro.
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by mctemmy(f): 12:09am On Jul 05, 2012
Linusclark lovely one if u r interested in a poetry contest,reach mi on osunrindejohn@yahoo.com!dis one is real I won a brandnew laptop and a sum of hundred thousand last year!
U shud get paid for ur talent!
Cheers
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by luvkia(m): 4:43am On Aug 17, 2012
This is a wonderful sad poem that can only come from a good heart. I like it so! much cos d pains of death flows around me and 'am not scare to be remembered. I belief there is a reason why she has to pass, time alway give us reasons to why.
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
angry
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by irecruit(m): 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2012
nice poem, keep it up.
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by mctemmy(f): 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
Woww front page after four months chei!!!!!!!
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by theresechizoba(f): 3:02pm On Sep 08, 2012
[color=#770077][/color] beautiful beautiful beautiful! U brought tears to my eyes.I felt the same way I felt when I lost a cousin,but this time I saw it tru ur pains. Splendid it is.thumbs up
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by deboric: 3:21pm On Sep 08, 2012
Is so touching u make me rememba my luvly cousin dat jst die.
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by bonysmile: 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2012
Beautiful. Memories of my late sis flowing back. It's 14 years now sis. We all still miss u.
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2012
Nice poem. Death is inevitable but the lord is our strenght always. Got me emotional right now.
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by nelllove: 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
Hmmmm touching, if words can bring back the dead, i think urs will do. Take heart
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by Mortiano(m): 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2012
Just rem my late bros, is 12 years now, go well dear
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by Basic(m): 9:42pm On Sep 08, 2012
OP, you did a nice job. But the phrase, "if I could turn back the hands of time..." is a cliche and is not worthy of being included in poetry. Cliches like this dilute a poet's creativity. Please change to a more unique phrase.
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by gidson12(m): 8:06am On Sep 09, 2012
i cant believe that after five months the mods saw reason to push this thread to the front page, this is an amazing piece of peom any body can read and reflect on the role our loved ones play in our lives but these lousy mods had to neglect it, instead they are quick to rush useless, meaningless celebrity gossips and threads that have tendency to spark off tribal war and nationalism because you enjoy the traffic that originates from hate and disunity.......so pathetic

@OP......nice piece, my sincere condolence for your loss, your poem really touched me
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by Dynaman(m): 9:58am On Sep 09, 2012
Sobing I can't hold on
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by waja(m): 10:05am On Sep 09, 2012
In a world where death is cheaper than satchet water, where the earth is insatiable, where our love ones vanish like bubbles, I wish Ijeoma a journey mercy as her name implies. I really know heaven is better. I also wish to use this medium to wish my friend Muolokwu Christopher a journey Mercy unto eternity.
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by zikaengee(f): 10:22am On Sep 09, 2012
I have tears in my eyes while reading ur tribute. I lost my younger sister on Nov.13th 2010 and it still hurt till this very moment. I don't think I will ever forget. May God comfort all of us in Jesus name amen. It is well
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by gidson12(m): 11:08am On Sep 09, 2012
zikaengee: I have tears in my eyes while reading ur tribute. I lost my younger sister on Nov.13th 2010 and it still hurt till this very moment. I don't think I will ever forget. May God comfort all of us in Jesus name amen. It is well
Be strong.......i feel your pain
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by linusbnn(m): 11:35am On Sep 09, 2012
So so touching bro, Wat else can one do?than to hope and pray d dead soul find favour in God's sight..My condolence to u and evry1 passing tru pains and sorrows dis moment..God take control
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by Cuddlemii: 1:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
gidson12: i cant believe that after five months the mods saw reason to push this thread to the front page, this is an amazing piece of peom any body can read and reflect on the role our loved ones play in our lives but these lousy mods had to neglect it, instead they are quick to rush useless, meaningless celebrity gossips and threads that have tendency to spark off tribal war and nationalism because you enjoy the traffic that originates from hate and disunity.......so pathetic

@OP......nice piece, my sincere condolence for your loss, your poem really touched me

Slow down, sir! That was rather too harsh!

How many members visit these parts to read/review serious write-ups?

Do you have to wait till a write up is put up on the homepage to recognize the talents we have here?
Sometimes when good write-ups like these are put up on homepage,
most members complain that its boring and uninteresting and make all sort of derogatory comment about the topics.
So you can't apportion blames on anyone.

Maybe, if everyone can take this section more seriously and embrace literature wholeheartedly then talents would be encouraged & appreciated.
If mountain doesn't come to mohammed, what happens?
Don't wait for the homepage, navigate your cursor to the lit/writing section,
there are amazing & diverse write-ups on this section and we can do with a lot of passionate members like you.Thanks!

We need more support/visits from nl members to encourage the writers(make una no dey abandon us or wait for homepage)
Let it be that the quality & standard of the write-ups attracted you and not because of the homepage effect.

Btw there was no moderator until June ending. Mods are humans too, don't expect 100% perfection,
we are working hard to get this place to greater heights and we are not far from it.

2 Likes

Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by gidson12(m): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Slow down, sir! That was rather too harsh!

How many members visit these parts to read/review serious write-ups?

Do you have to wait till a write up is put up on the homepage to recognize the talents we have here?
Sometimes when good write-ups like these are put up on homepage,
most members complain that its boring and uninteresting and make all sort of derogatory comment about the topics.
So you can't apportion blames on anyone.

Maybe, if everyone can take this section more seriously and embrace literature wholeheartedly then talents would be encouraged & appreciated.
If mountain doesn't come to mohammed, what happens?
Don't wait for the homepage, navigate your cursor to the lit/writing section,
there are amazing & diverse write-ups on this section and we can do with a lot of passionate members like you.Thanks!

We need more support/visits from nl members to encourage the writers(make una no dey abandon us or wait for homepage)
Let it be that the quality & standard of the write-ups attracted you and not because of the homepage effect.

Btw there was no moderator until June ending. Mods are humans too, don't expect 100% perfection,
we are working hard to get this place to greater heights and we are not far from it.
i see, erhm!......i must apologize if i was a lil too harsh, i can understand you point
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by Cuddlemii: 10:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
gidson12:
i see, erhm!......i must apologize if i was a lil too harsh, i can understand you point

it is all love but u owe me from now on.

i will like to see you here often! we need no nonsense patriots like you!

lets not derail this sacred thread further, c u arnd, back to the topic----------
Re: 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark by Evergreen4(m): 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
Linusclark: If you don't know the colours of sorrow:look at my tears,
If you have never known Melancholy :feel the pains in my heart!
O Tears! Why has thou made me an acquaintance,when you know your home dealt not in my heart?

Days were like weeks,
Weeks like months,
and months like years,
Oh sister! Why did u have 2 go?
When will you return?
Who will be my sister?
Where can i find that requited love of yours?

Thy demise was a pearl of thunder,
It struck down the hapiness imbued in the world,
Darkness was high and low,
the Moon out of frustration refused 2 shine,
the splendid Stars wept a million tears!

Oh Ijeoma! Ijeoma! My one and only sister,a doting sister dat broke mountains 2 bring me joy,
If only i could turn back the hands of time,then the pangs of nostalgia i feel at present will be replenished with everlasting Joy and mirth!

May thy gentle soul rest in perfect peace,amen!

Friends,Life is not a bed roses,
It pricks like a thorn,
And destroys like an earthquake,
why then do we lay waste our time and talents?
We must learn 2 glow like the sun by day,and like the moon and stars at night.
Remember:a stitch in time saves nine!

Take heart bro, God has made death to be part of human existence on earth, we can not questn his decision. Its been eleven yrs sinc I lost my dad too bt ur poem has brot bak d memories.... May d souls of d dead rest in perfect peace ...AMEN

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Poets' Café : Chat Room! / Original Love Poems / Best Poem 2005 - Coloured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.