Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** (2644 Views)

Poll: When Do You Believe Life Begins

At Conception: 91% (11 votes)
As soon as Scan could Show image of the Child: 0% (0 votes)
At Birth: 8% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

11 Harmful Lies Your Mind Loves To Tell You / Is Life Really Fair To Men? +18 / Is A Meaningful Life Really Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 2:11pm On Apr 26, 2012
The Federal government in Canada once again wants to open a discussion in the House on Abortion.
Some says what is aborted is not life, while others says it is.
What do you say?

Please note that i am not by any means trying to condemn anyone here, we are all architect of our life and our decisions is based on our circumstances.
So please this is not about throwing stones while living in a glass house , , , Cos aint perfect by any means
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2012
I say as soon as the Woman knows she is pregnant . . Life starts

1 Like

Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Killz3(m): 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
Life starts at conception.
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Apr 26, 2012
~Killz~:
Life starts at conception.

We are on same page . . .
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 26, 2012
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by recruitmnt: 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2012
chaircover: What is conception?

Is it when the speerm fertilizes the egg or is it when the embryo is firmly implanted in the uterine wall?

I ask because the minipill, although mostly prevents ovulation, also works by preventing implantation of the fertilized embryo in the uterine wall. The IUD method of contraception also works the same way.

IMO, when you test +ve to a pregnancy test, so... When the embryo is implanted in the uterine wall.
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Killz3(m): 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2012

Is it when the speerm fertilizes the egg or is it when the embryo is firmly implanted in the uterine wall?

I ask because the minipill, although mostly prevents ovulation, also works by preventing implantation of the fertilized embryo in the uterine wall. The IUD method of contraception also works the same way.
It is the fertilized egg that becomes an embryo, right? Life starts even before a woman realizes she's pregnant.
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2012

The Pill prevents the fertilization, but once it is fertilized, what we have is embryo and that is the fetus, a baby in the making.
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by agiboma(f): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2012
IMO life starts at conception when the sperm fertalizes the egg.
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Apr 26, 2012
chaircover: Femi the pill does not always stop fertilization. The pill works in 3 ways.

1. Stops ovulation
2. Is hostile to the speerm
3. If in case there is fertilization, then it thins the womb lining making it impossible for the fertilized egg to implant

I am loving this . . . I have learnt a lot from this alone.
But in all once the pill is not there, and the fertilization has happened, then, life starts
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Apr 26, 2012
agiboma: IMO life starts at conception when the sperm fertalizes the egg.

Agreed . . .
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 26, 2012
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by agiboma(f): 6:32pm On Apr 26, 2012
chaircover:

This is going to be a very interesting debate, so femi I hope you are ready.

Agi says that it starts at conception . . . in which case if you are on the pill and it so happens that somehow the egg managed to get fertilized but the pill stopped the embryo from implantation; is this abortion? Is taking the pill and IUD a form of abortion?

In this example if you take the pill (morning after pill) and the egg does not implant IMO its an abortion. Wheather the mom is aware of the fertilized egg or not, its still abortion IMO.
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by agiboma(f): 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2012
Fhemmmy: The Federal government in Canada once again wants to open a discussion in the House on Abortion.
Some says what is aborted is not life, while others says it is.
What do you say?

Please note that i am not by any means trying to condemn anyone here, we are all architect of our life and our decisions is based on our circumstances.
So please this is not about throwing stones while living in a glass house , , , Cos aint perfect by any means
Since im not @ home now, i didnt see this news, what exactly are they bringing to the legislature? Is it a new bill they want to pass?
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 6:42pm On Apr 26, 2012
agiboma:
Since im not @ home now, i didnt see this news, what exactly are they bringing to the legislature? Is it a new bill they want to pass?

This has been an ongoing thing, maybe to legislate against abortion or to fund it , , , , cool
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2012
agiboma:

In this example if you take the pill (morning after pill) and the egg does not implant IMO its an abortion. Wheather the mom is aware of the fertilized egg or not, its still abortion IMO.

There are so many things that prevent the eggs from fertilization . . . Like the man wont release into the man, that is a method too . . . So to Chaircover, should we call that abortion too?
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2012
chaircover:

Another question is would you consider a spermicide as a form of murder; In a way it is "killing" off live sperrm?

These are just questions that have just crossed my mind now that this topic was started and it will be interesting to hear peoples views about things.

Would we call the man not releasing into the woman form of murder too . . . And besides, maybe on another thread, not all abortion will be regarded as cold murder . . .
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Killz3(m): 7:00pm On Apr 26, 2012
Abortion is the deliberate expulsion of a fetus from the womb. If it's not deliberate, it's NOT abortion!
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2012
~Killz~:
Abortion is the deliberate expulsion of a fetus from the womb. If it's not deliberate, it's NOT abortion!

Yes, but for now, we will try and stick to what life begins, cos i could argue about if all abortion are murder?
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Busybody2(f): 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
[size=14pt]
Ecclesiastes 11:5
As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.
[/size]

Job 31:15

Did not he who made me in the womb make him? And did not one fashion us in the womb

So therefore in response to this interesting and fascinating thread, I subscribe to the school of thought of "Before I formed thee, I knew thee. . .
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Busybody2(f): 7:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
~Killz~:

Gbam.

This is when life begins. Rome wasn't built in a day, this is the 21st century, there are 3D's and 4D's of babies in the womb from conception till delivery which can be obtained for pittance.

They could have been inplanted outside the body, but God kept them inside to protect them from the element amongst other things yet. . .
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2012
Busy_body: [size=14pt]

Job 31:15
Did not he who made me in the womb make him? And did not one fashion us in the womb
So therefore in response to this interesting and fascinating thread, I subscribe to the school of thought of "Before I formed thee, I knew thee. . .

Na lie . . This is not possible to be Busy_body . . . cheesy
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Busybody2(f): 7:31pm On Apr 26, 2012
Wow, I also just stumbled upon this.
https://www.nairaland.com/924221/new-baby-congratulations

2.Upon studying the stages of fetal development, scientists have found that the bones are formed before the flesh. Such a fact was totally unknown at the time of Prophet Mohammad, PBUH. The holy Qur’an, however, has revealed it; Allah, the exalted says:

“Then We made the Fluid
Into a clot of congealed blood;
Then of that clot We made
A (fœtus) lump; then We
Made out of that lump
Bones and clothed the bones
With flesh; then We developed
Out of it another creature.
So blessed be God,
The Best to create!” Muminun or the Believers: 14
All Glory to Allah.[code][/code]
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
^^^ Preach on my Sister . . . I am loving all these.
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Busybody2(f): 7:36pm On Apr 26, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Na lie . . This is not possible to be Busy_body . . . cheesy

Brethren, shock sef still dey grip me oh, but it is the Lord's doing oh,

Ain't i marvellous in your eyes? tongue
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
Busy_body:

Brethren, shock sef still dey grip me oh, but it is the Lord's doing oh,

Ain't i marvellous in your eyes? cheesy

I wont dance yet, i will wait till i see how long this continues . . . Lol, but for now, Preach on sister!
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 12:56am On Apr 27, 2012
Let us all reason together
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by moremi2008(m): 1:02am On Apr 27, 2012
This argument is kinda tired. Nobody's mind is going to changed. I am in support of abortion. The world has enough human beings; no point bringing baby bastards into this world to come and suffer! Abortion is a very private matter between a woman, her body, her goals and her conscience.
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Busybody2(f): 1:27am On Apr 27, 2012
moremi2008: This argument is kinda tired. Nobody's mind is going to changed. I am in support of abortion. The world has enough human beings; no point bringing baby bastards into this world to come and suffer! Abortion is a very private matter between a woman, her body, her goals and her conscience.

You can talk. You are not a woman.
Re: ***Abortion***: When Do Life Really Begins? **Speak Your Mind*** by Fhemmmy: 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
moremi2008: This argument is kinda tired. Nobody's mind is going to changed. I am in support of abortion. The world has enough human beings; no point bringing baby bastards into this world to come and suffer! Abortion is a very private matter between a woman, her body, her goals and her conscience.

So why not prevent the pregnancy instead of terminating it . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

MEN, PLEASE STOP DOING THIS!!!. MY HEART IS BROKEN. SEE WHY / My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay / Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.