Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here (80775 Views)

OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum / Direct Entry Candidates 2013/2014. Let Us Meet Here / Oau Direct Entry , How To Check The Admission List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by munex007(m): 8:37am On Jul 01, 2012
i was at oau this weekk and i had to return back to lagos because the Non teaching staff were on strikeM
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by highb1(m): 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
pls my guys in d house, whch 1 is advisable, is it gud 4 me 2 tak my transcript 2 IFE myself or i shld order my sch. 2 send it ? because i heard dat dey wil b querying person wen we tak it by hand 2 thre dat au did we get it out of sch... Pls i need ur coment ... Highb92 on 2go tanx.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Olajide327: 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2012
Pls i want to knw if i can apply for OAU without firstly doing Nysc from Uniosun and is it posible 4me to do chemical engineering or medcine in Oau cos am currently doing physics in uniosun. If posible wil i start 4rm 200l or 300l
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by wollex007: 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2012
Pls is it mandatory to submit the academic transcript to the admission office?
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by jayp2: 11:02pm On Jul 01, 2012
Thank you so much. This information is life-saving. I really appreciate it and if you're on BBM, here's my PIN 3060D256. Thanks.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by jayp2: 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2012
@ RemmyAlex:
Thank you so much. This information is life-saving. I really appreciate it and if you're on BBM, here's my PIN 3060D256. Thanks.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Olajide327: 11:10pm On Jul 01, 2012
Pls ans my ques oh
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by RemmyAlex(m): 10:09am On Jul 02, 2012
@jay p: you're welcome. I'm on BBM but just make use of the mail I dropped, I'll prompt reply you as I have been doing since when I dropped it to other colleagues on this forum. I'm doing this to be very plain and clean because of the high sensitive of social media but if I realized that your complain or issue need such add up...I will definitely do after much chat via the gmail. I do googletalk too. You can add me up there.
@wollex: its not only mandatory but your pass for addmission. If you can bring your transcript by hand to the admission office fine and well but if your school doesn't allow.. Its better you ask them to post it to the address I dropped in my last msg.
@Olajide.., I'm nt certain abt the medicine because of its high competentiveness. All D E students starts from 200Level(stand to be corrected)

Note Again: D E admission involves strict complinance to the rules of the admission processing, nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks y'all
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Olajide327: 10:35am On Jul 02, 2012
Tanks
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by aykay45(m): 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2012
RemmyAlex: For D E addmission in OAU.
From experience because I got admitted as a D E student two years ago and I have been assisting people on various information needed to become a successful D E candidate of OAU.

1. Upper credit or Second Class upper Division in whatever field.

2. Make sure you collect and duly fill the 'White Form' paper formally 'Green Form' which is obtainable at the Principal Assistant Registrar Office 'New Senate Building' upon the tender of your D E acknowledge slip with O'level result(s) free of charge.

3. Process your original transcript, sealed and stamped by a recognized authority of your school and duly address to the Registrar, OAU, Ile-Ife. Osun.

4. Frequently check the Admission officer/clerk of your proposed faculty to confirm whether your forms have been collated and taking to the Faculty for admission processes. This is very important because some forms will be left behind without process as a result of incomplete, below required CGPA, inadequate O'level results or mistaken mixed up of files.

5. Once you've been assured and you check your 'white form' at the faculty towards the last 2months of 2nd semester. Relax and Pray to God for admission.

Note: 1. if you applied for social sciences and administration courses, its pertinent you look for a SPONSOR. A sponsor is a term used in D E admision proceedings determining the kind and level of someone sponsoring the D Entry admission for that particular candidates. E.g staffs: lecturers & Non academic staffs, student(to some extent) etc.
For other disciplines like sciences...D E admission is not that stressful because of the nature of the courses involved. For sciences, pls refer to JAMB brochure to ascertain if OAU accept admission to your preffered course.

2. Direct Entry admission into OAU is free of charge right from the processing stage to the admission stage. Don't give anybody your money. You will be admitted if you merit it. If you don't merit the admission, please don't bother applying because your form will not be process at the initial stage.

3. These are vital information, adhere strictly to it, you can get intouch with a friend on campus to help you in checking the level of your form application at the Senate building from time to time. This is very essential.

Transcript is not require at the point of collecting 'white form', you can start processing others while you transcript is not available but make sure it get to OAU either by post or you drop it to the secretary of the Registrar by hand in due course

***submission of transcript do not usually close early but its advisable you submit latest 2months before admission list which one more can ascertain but the Senate Council. For this year(2012)
, you're stil safe til early August.***

Thanks...I wish you all the best, see you in next academic session.

For questions and more information
Call ********cant release****please.

remisco999@gmail.com
So very essential... Tanks. We appreciate

1 Like

Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by segun4christ: 5:02pm On Jul 02, 2012
wen is d closen date for d submision of d transcrip to d amission office
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Beckyconr(f): 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2012
guys please advice. I registered KWASU as my DE second choice and didnt go for their entrance exam. I want to know if it is possible to change Direct Entry my second choice institution to Kogi State University? Or is it possible to go for any school university direct entry exam without choicing them? Any info. Please call be 08186535252. Becky
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Gladden: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2012
Pls am a graduate of unilorin wt third class in Microbiology & wish to go back 4 course like Geology or computer science tru Direct entry. Pls will O.A.U accept me, Need an urgent & honest reply so dat I ll know wat to do b4 jamb DE form close.Expectin reply soonest.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by RemmyAlex(m): 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2012
@Gladden, you're good to go but I doubt if JAMB DE form is still on except you're talking about next year addmision form from Jamb.
@Segun4christ: we are just going on 1st semester break, maybe a month after resumption is still good for the submission.
@Aykay, my pleasure.
@becky: why not check uniosun, Kwasu and Kogi varsities trending on Nairaland. I hope you'll get more information as regards it. Or visit www.myksuportal.com
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by jayp2: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
@remmy: can I submit my O'level result and D.E printout at JAMB's office with Provisional Admission slip but WITHOUT my Notification of Result.
The D.E Acknowledgment slip is also D.E printout and would be presented alongside the O'Level result for the collection of the Green Form at the Senate building in IFE? Please correct if need be. Thanks
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Gladden: 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
Thanxs Alex, but I confirmd DE form has been extend to july 10. Is it still advisable to pick it up & start d processing from 2moro. Expectin ur reply soonest.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by samphem(m): 10:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
Lets be praying that oau should favour we d.e candidate
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Akinsegun06: 11:29pm On Jul 03, 2012
@ remmyalex; i so much appreciate your contributions/info on this thread they're really informative and factual.we'll make u a GRANDPATRON on this thread ooo. LOL, May i know your dept pls?
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by spenca: 8:59am On Jul 04, 2012
The last time i check oau accepts norin buh 2nd class degrees ,so be it lower or upper , ur good,now also depends on the institution  ur got  ur degree from
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by RemmyAlex(m): 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
Jay_p: yes, you can submit it because transcript is not of Jamb but your preferred schl.

Gladden: yes, all hope is not lost then. Best Luck

Samphem: favour is of God...'Faith'
Akinsegun06: Grandpatron ke...I dey lol like Obj. I'm a proud member of NAPAS OAU. Research it!
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by PopoolaTaiwo(m): 8:44pm On Jul 04, 2012
Pls i want 2 knw weda if i brng my transcript, i wl b abu 2 submt cox i hrd dat non teachin staff r on strike.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by GboyegaD(m): 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ijaolatai: @ursa23... Pls, though my sch wil send d transcripts and, aw wld I knw dat d transcript had gotten to OAU?... N pls, where it is submitted in OAU?

It used to be Room 206 at the Senate Building back then but I do not know of now. I would suggest you go there and they should be able to help with the information you seek.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by GboyegaD(m): 10:37pm On Jul 04, 2012
Buyusjesus: I'm have banking & finance @ the polytechnic ibadan and want to put in for economics in o.a.u and u.i what are chance? And does o.a.u accept second? choice u can holla me 2go "buyusjesus".

I doubt either of the universities admitting you into their economics program. I know Ife only admits those with either A Levels or ND/HND in Statistics into their Economics program.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by GboyegaD(m): 10:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
dafoly: to other polytechnic it's upper but mine is lower credit

Can you be more explicit please? what poly is yours and why would they have different standards for different schools?
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by GboyegaD(m): 10:53pm On Jul 04, 2012
sparko1: please help me my school does not give the transcript until you are given admission before they send it over. Please any student in oau that can help fill the greenform? I live in lagos and the major problem is i dont have anyone one around that area and have not being there before (i can scan and send the copies of my credencials, ssce result, e-slip, and statement of result, i would pay for charges please any genuie person who want to help can reply or call this 08174516514) thanks in advance.

I am forced to reply you. What does it cost you to go from Lagos to Ife or would you be needing someone to also help you attend lectures when you eventually get admitted? you need to be up and doing and learn to do your things yourself. Also, you need to convince your school to send your transcript otherwise your form would not be processed.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by ursa23: 12:44am On Jul 05, 2012
JUST PASSING BY....
Observing.

1 Like

Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by aykay45(m): 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
Had to go to jamb office today to attach my transcript to my previous document I submitted, they said its nt essential tho n was so api to find out dat dos dat submitted ders APRIL, MAY n JUNE have been processed and names even typed jst left wt dos of JULY n dos still submittin.
We'll @ikoyi statistics showed dat UNILAG n OAU had d highest turnout of DIRECT ENTRY applicant, dey jst so much even wen u dnt see dem on ds thread, guys jst start stretching ur legs, GOD dey
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Faithlovewinner: 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2012
Pls can anybody hlp me out?is DE 4rm stil on sale?tanks
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Akinsegun06: 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
Faithlovewinner: Pls can anybody hlp me out?is DE 4rm stil on sale?tanks
Jamb D.E registration is still on till Tuesday July 10. you can confirm this on jamb.org.ng.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by jayp2: 12:24am On Jul 07, 2012
Faithlovewinner: Pls can anybody hlp me out?is DE 4rm stil on sale?tanks
@ faith: yes. 1st thing Monday morning go to Jamb office with your O'level, purchase the form for 4600 register online and submit instantly with your O'level 2copies each of the document.
Then if you are choosing IFE, check if the Non Academic Staff are now working, go there and fill the Green form on the tendering of your Jamb and O'level printouts.
The next, forward or take your transcript to IFE and pray...all is well....I just did mine on thursday and would be closing on Tuesday ..bye
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by jayp2: 12:29am On Jul 07, 2012
Hi Guys! I was in OAU on Thursday to collect, fill and submit the Green form but the Non Academic Staff were on strike and they couldn't attend to me.
I just hope this isn't gonna affect the admissions for this academic year.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by PopoolaTaiwo(m): 12:07pm On Jul 07, 2012
Pls i want 2 knw weda if i tak my transkrpt 2 ife, dae wud colect it 4rm because of non teachn strike. Pls smbdy help me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Ami Victor Ugochukwu: IAUE Student Who Returned Missing Phone To Staff Rewarded / See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break / "If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.