Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,878 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:51 AM

Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay (26684 Views)

Shi’ite Islamic Group Procession After Boko Haram Attacked Their Member (Pics) / Dasuki: Are We Back To The Dark Ages? THISDAY. / Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Super1759: 6:34am On Apr 27, 2012
The Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'awati Wal-Jihad, popularly known as Boko Haram, says it attacked THISDAY Thursday to send a strong message to the media that it would no longer condone reports misrepresenting it in the press, or blaming it for acts it knows nothing about.

Abul Qaqa, spokesperson for the sect told Premium Times, in an exclusive interview, that his organisation was fed up with the deliberate misinformation being peddled about it in the Nigerian and foreign media.

“We have repeatedly cautioned reporters and media houses to be professional and objective in their reports. This is a war between us and the Government of Nigeria; unfortunately the media have not been objective and fair in their report of the ongoing war, they chose to take side,” Mr. Qaqa said.

He identified three instances where he claimed his group was deliberately misrepresented by the media. The first, according to him, was the rumour of his capture by the Nigerian intelligence agencies.

“Some reporters are aware that I am Abul Qaqa, they know my voice through our long interactions and they also know the role of Abu Darda who heads the enlightenment committee and sometimes facilitates interviews; yet they (media) go by the unsubstantiated view of government that Abul Qaqa is in custody and I am the new spokesman or number two,” he said.

Premium Times had continuously reported that Abul Qaqa was not arrested contrary to reports and that it was Abu Darda, another member, that was arrested.

The second misrepresentation, according to Mr. Qaqa, was the reporting on the kidnappings of foreigners in the Northern part of Nigeria.

“Another issue was the recent kidnappings in the north; we were clear with our position as a group during a teleconference with reporters but we were shocked the next day when newspaper headlines added a lot of things which I never said during that interview.”

The third example, Mr. Abul Qaqa said, is the mistranslation of the video the group posted recently.

“Another example is the recent video posted on YouTube by our Imam; I challenge every Nigerian to watch that video again. There is no place our imam either said he will crush President Jonathan or issued an ultimatum to the government in Nigeria; but nearly all papers carried very wrong and mischievous headlines.”

When asked why THISDAY appeared specifically chosen for the attack, Mr. Qaqa said THISDAY’s “sins” are more grievous.

“It is not only THISDAY that has been engaged in negative media campaign, fictional stories and constantly promoting fake stories by the JTF to give an impression that they are making headway against us yet there is no time the media investigated further as an objective and responsible bystander in this war.

“But the sins of THISDAY are more,” he said.

“They once insulted the Prophet Mohammed in 2001 and we have not forgotten. They recently said our Imam executed me which is false. Here I am speaking to you, I am alive and healthy.”

Expect more media attacks

The group’s spokesman further warned of more attacks on the media.

“We have just started this new campaign against the media and we will not stop here, we will hit the media hard since they have refused to listen to our plea for them to be fair in their reportage,” he said.

Mr. Abul Qaqa also said his group would give further information on biases by the media.

“In the coming days we will give details and instances where the media have not been fair to us and why we are going to attack them as well.”
Media should be neutral

“The media in Nigeria are not a problem to us if they will do their job professionally without taking sides,” Mr. Abul Qaqa said.

“But each time we say something, it is either changed or downplayed. But when our enemy says something even without logical proof, it is blown out of proportion.”

"We have repeated asked some reporters to retract some stories or even give us the right of reply but none of these requests were given to us."

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/4843-boko_haram_speaks_why_we_attacked_thisday.html

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by djcmeon39(m): 7:36am On Apr 27, 2012
gej has said it all,"we should learn to live with the bombings"naija,i hail thee
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by OmawumiMegbele(m): 7:57am On Apr 27, 2012
2001, geez they never forget. Plus it this why innocent people should die?
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by emiwanlee(m): 8:36am On Apr 27, 2012
They were leaking to much of boko secrets
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by mcsunny03yahoocom(m): 8:44am On Apr 27, 2012
[quote author=Super1759]Why we attacked ThisDay, others – Boko Haram

By | Published: April 27, 2012

The Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati Wal-Jihad, popularly known as Boko Haram, said yesterday that it attacked Thisday newspaper’s offices in Abuja and Kaduna to send a strong message to the media that it would no longer condone reports misrepresenting it in the press, or blaming it for acts it knows nothing about. Abul Qaqa, spokesperson for the sect told Premium Times, in an exclusive interview, may be this media firms are cooking stories for them to make for money.dats hw they were also giving false report during militant attacks in d niger delta areas.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by ogb5(m): 8:50am On Apr 27, 2012
this is a war that can only be won in cyberspace.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Demdem(m): 9:00am On Apr 27, 2012
Evil BH, ur days are numbered. The retardeen had already told us that u all will be wiped out by June this year.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by ShiftControlAlt(m): 9:47am On Apr 27, 2012
Story!
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by belovedaja(m): 9:48am On Apr 27, 2012
Ceasefire please GOD is not a vampire.

2 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by maclatunji: 9:49am On Apr 27, 2012
This doesn't read coherent to me.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by kingsilly(m): 9:49am On Apr 27, 2012
OmawumiMegbele: 2001, geez they never forget. Plus it this why innocent people should die?

wat waz d content of the 2001 paperdat waz directed to them
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 27, 2012
Super1759: The Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'awati Wal-Jihad, popularly known as Boko Haram, says it attacked THISDAY Thursday to send a strong message to the media that it would no longer condone reports misrepresenting it in the press, or blaming it for acts it knows nothing about.
Abul Qaqa, spokesperson for the sect told Premium Times, in an exclusive interview, that his organisation was fed up with the deliberate misinformation being peddled about it in the Nigerian and foreign media.
“We have repeatedly cautioned reporters and media houses to be professional and objective in their reports. This is a war between us and the Government of Nigeria; unfortunately the media have not been objective and fair in their report of the ongoing war, they chose to take side,” Mr. Qaqa said.
He identified three instances where he claimed his group was deliberately misrepresented by the media. The first, according to him, was the rumour of his capture by the Nigerian intelligence agencies.
“Some reporters are aware that I am Abul Qaqa, they know my voice through our long interactions and they also know the role of Abu Darda who heads the enlightenment committee and sometimes facilitates interviews; yet they (media) go by the unsubstantiated view of government that Abul Qaqa is in custody and I am the new spokesman or number two,” he said.
Premium Times had continuously reported that Abul Qaqa was not arrested contrary to reports and that it was Abu Darda, another member, that was arrested.
The second misrepresentation, according to Mr. Qaqa, was the reporting on the kidnappings of foreigners in the Northern part of Nigeria.
“Another issue was the recent kidnappings in the north; we were clear with our position as a group during a teleconference with reporters but we were shocked the next day when newspaper headlines added a lot of things which I never said during that interview.”
The third example, Mr. Abul Qaqa said, is the mistranslation of the video the group posted recently.
“Another example is the recent video posted on YouTube by our Imam; I challenge every Nigerian to watch that video again. There is no place our imam either said he will crush President Jonathan or issued an ultimatum to the government in Nigeria; but nearly all papers carried very wrong and mischievous headlines.”
When asked why THISDAY appeared specifically chosen for the attack, Mr. Qaqa said THISDAY’s “sins” are more grievous.
“It is not only THISDAY that has been engaged in negative media campaign, fictional stories and constantly promoting fake stories by the JTF to give an impression that they are making headway against us yet there is no time the media investigated further as an objective and responsible bystander in this war.
“But the sins of THISDAY are more,” he said.
“They once insulted the Prophet Mohammed in 2001 and we have not forgotten. They recently said our Imam executed me which is false. Here I am speaking to you, I am alive and healthy.”
Expect more media attacks

The group’s spokesman further warned of more attacks on the media.
“We have just started this new campaign against the media and we will not stop here, we will hit the media hard since they have refused to listen to our plea for them to be fair in their reportage,” he said.
Mr. Abul Qaqa also said his group would give further information on biases by the media.
“In the coming days we will give details and instances where the media have not been fair to us and why we are going to attack them as well.”
Media should be neutral
“The media in Nigeria are not a problem to us if they will do their job professionally without taking sides,” Mr. Abul Qaqa said.
“But each time we say something, it is either changed or downplayed. But when our enemy says something even without logical proof, it is blown out of proportion.”

"We have repeated asked some reporters to retract some stories or even give us the right of reply but none of these requests were given to us."

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/4843-boko_haram_speaks_why_we_attacked_thisday.html

if you live very close to media house u berra listen
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by ziccoit: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2012
Media likes taking side with the strong against the weak in the name of raw cash. That is on a lighter mood.

These BH people are something else o.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by coldiz: 9:58am On Apr 27, 2012
This is a case of Bleep up no dey sour... Even if it lasts for ten years, e go still dey fresh.... 2001?.... Mehn that sh*t cray
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by abhosts(m): 10:00am On Apr 27, 2012
OmawumiMegbele: 2001, geez they never forget. Plus it this why innocent people should die?

True Muslims Never Forgive or Forget. Many Muslims still refer to America as Crusaders -- A religious war waged by the Catholics mostly in the 11th, 12th and 13th Century.

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by raydavinci(m): 10:02am On Apr 27, 2012
This war is just starting o, that also means that more souls would be deported from mother earth into blazes, GOD was I suppose to be a Nigerian?

2 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by otokx(m): 10:04am On Apr 27, 2012
The media should be more professional in their reporting.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by eherbal(m): 10:05am On Apr 27, 2012
Intolerant Bastar.d.In war,propaganda is king.If the JTF Uses the media to win the war against BH,then they should respond in kind by using also using the media to refute the claim and up the casualty on the JTF side.Now that they've made an enemy of the media,they've made a massive mistake,and should be ready for the consequences.That murderer should know that they've lost a mutual Friend The scoundrel should also put in mind,that the pen is mightier than the sword.

5 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by ziccoit: 10:07am On Apr 27, 2012
abhosts:

True Muslims Never Forgive or Forget. Many Muslims still refer to America as Crusaders -- A religious war waged by the Catholics mostly in the 11th, 12th and 13th Century.

I know of uncountable True Muslims that forgive and forget. So, I just busted and buried your stinking insinuation. Olodo. What next?
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by cyril83(m): 10:10am On Apr 27, 2012
Killing innocent soul is highly differed frm fightin corrupt govt,I tink dia's more to this...bsides is it only muslim souls r feeling di pain of di corrupt govt?...I tink diz abul wateva is a psycho and I bliv vry soon u'll be sorried for ursef and all di atrocities u pple hav commited....where's diz country gettin to,he even had di gut and di pride to release his fuckin speech

2 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by noiseless: 10:11am On Apr 27, 2012
We 've not forget they insulted "yawa frofet" well Noiseless doesn't blame you, Noiseless blames those southern fools that can't see life beyond this graveyard of a country who refused to do the right thing by pushing forward to give them their graveyard/sharia republic. Bloody hypocrites the media included.

6 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Okonkwosamuel(m): 10:12am On Apr 27, 2012
Boko boys are really angry. This issue needs prayer and fasting by all nigerian cus our govt has turn deaf ears and nigerians are at the mercy of been hurt by these angry boys. GOD HELP US

2 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by elegungun: 10:13am On Apr 27, 2012
We're in great trouble
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by mizne1: 10:16am On Apr 27, 2012
God is not a panacea [img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by deezed1(m): 10:22am On Apr 27, 2012
And so wt They jst tryna clear their conscience(dts if dey still have any left) and also find justification or get nods from d enemies of d media.
Absolute rubbish!!!
Dis is an early sign of frustration setting in. BH's slowly losin it and nw lookin 4 who 2 throw d blame @.
Abegi!

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by sicily4u: 10:25am On Apr 27, 2012
They have attacked THISDAY to prove that there were no DAILY TRUST for security in all COMPASS. THE NATION is in fear, weeping at her reflection on the MIRROR because she has no confidence in the LEADERSHIP of the land. NEXT from the NEWSWATCH and P.M. NEWS, she beckoned an OBSERVER to TELL MAGAZINE producers to be INDEPENDENT in their BUSINESS HALLMARK in order to change the PEOPLES DAILY lives. ...Experiences from the DAILY TIMES of NIGERIA through the PORT HARCOURT TELEGRAPH makes her a DAILY CHAMPION on a BUSINESS DAY. However they knew that she had a GUARDIAN who was also her VANGUARD. She believes in God despite the PUNCH on her faces, and as the DAILY SUN rises, so will God rise against them and make her TRIUMPH. God will hunt them until they confess to be NEW NIGERIAN(s). Ladies and Gentlemen of the press God is our TRIBUNE.

32 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Dpharisee: 10:26am On Apr 27, 2012
Muslims dont forgive and forget even after the apology from Thisday in 2001 which led to the misworld rioting and thousands of lives lost in the North.
You attack the media and expect the same media to publish the trash you are spewing.

Lets all shout Allahu-Ark-Bomb to Abul Qaqa the Islamic warrior.

4 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by sicily4u: 10:31am On Apr 27, 2012
The suicide bomber who rammed into the
Abuja offices of Thisday newspaper
yesterday was first denied entry at the back
entrance before he drove in through the
main gate in an Isuzu sports-utility vehicle,
witnesses said.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by ignis: 10:49am On Apr 27, 2012
That is why islam is a religion of peace.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by ignis: 10:54am On Apr 27, 2012
ziccoit:

I know of uncountable True Muslims that forgive and forget. So, I just busted and buried your stinking insinuation. Olodo. What next?
Cmon gerrout he is right, true muslims never forgive... The quran preaches no other thing than revenge and war.... Is the symbol of islam not two crossed swords?
Just past few years, imagine thousands of blood that av been shed in the north in d name of a religion that preaches war.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Yuossidavid: 10:57am On Apr 27, 2012
sicily4u: They have attacked THISDAY to prove that there were no DAILY TRUST for security in all COMPASS. THE NATION is in fear, weeping at her reflection on the MIRROR because she has no confidence in the LEADERSHIP of the land. NEXT from the NEWSWATCH and P.M. NEWS, she beckoned an OBSERVER to TELL MAGAZINE producers to be INDEPENDENT in their BUSINESS HALLMARK in order to change the PEOPLES DAILY lives. ...Experiences from the DAILY TIMES of NIGERIA through the PORT HARCOURT TELEGRAPH makes her a DAILY CHAMPION on a BUSINESS DAY. However they knew that she had a GUARDIAN who was also her VANGUARD. She believes in God despite the PUNCH on her faces, and as the DAILY SUN rises, so will God rise against them and make her TRIUMPH. God will hunt them until they confess to be NEW NIGERIAN(s). Ladies and Gentlemen of the press God is our TRIBUNE.
meeeen,i fill ur yawns i don mk my spine cooleeeh, well dats nijiriyastan 4 real

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Leaves Nigeria, Hands Over To SSG Leaving N2billion Debt / Bola Tinubu Visits Shettima, Borno State Governor / Ige Street At Iyana Ipaja Flooded After Rains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.