Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt (5754 Views)

Man Treks From Lagos To Abuja To Fulfil The Vow He Made If Buhari Wins (photos) / Results From Abuja - Vanguard / Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 9:58am On Apr 27, 2012
Is there any law in Nigeria against moving the capital from Abuja to Port Harcourt on a temporary basis??

If there are any Laws in support of these, I wouldn't know but there should be an alternative to relocate the Capital in the case of natural or man made disasters. At the moment, I think we have a man made disaster at hand. A good time to 'temporarily' relocate the seat of power.

Lagos is super congested and difficult to manage security wise. PH, Enugu, Benin or Asaba will be perfect. Is there any law against it?

1 Like

Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Lheyhe(m): 10:34am On Apr 27, 2012
Calebsky: Is there any law in Nigeria against moving the capital from Abuja to Port Harcourt on a temporary basis??

If there are any Laws in support of these, I wouldn't know but there should be an alternative to relocate the Capital in the case of natural or man made disasters. At the moment, I think we have a man made disaster at hand. A good time to 'temporarily' relocate the seat of power.

Lagos is super congested and difficult to manage security wise. PH, Enugu, Benin or Asaba will be perfect. Is there any law against it?
You are bias in posting this topic, why should the federal capital be moved to south south or south eastern zone? and why not Akure, Ijebu, Ado-ekiti, Oke-ogun or Oshogbo in the south west. Nonsense
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 11:03am On Apr 27, 2012
^ hey bro, wtf is wrong with you. I simply asked a question, made some suggestions, and waiting for some logical answers and opinions. Citing the Capital in any of the places will not be bad either. Albeit, i think Calabar had a shot much earlier before Lagos, and now it will seem fair to move up east or centred South South. Just my opinion. Just give reasons why you think it should be where and why? grin
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 11:16am On Apr 27, 2012
@
Lheyhe:
You are bias in posting this topic, why should the federal capital be moved to south south or south eastern zone? and why not Akure, Ijebu, Ado-ekiti, Oke-ogun or Oshogbo in the south west. Nonsense

Ok. now i get your drift. you must be a tribalist. Calabar (South South) had it, Lagos (South West) had it, Abuja (North Central) is having it with the attendant man-made problems or disaster,whatever. Now i think it will only be fair to push it down east and Enugu (South East) will be perfect. No bias huh! Mind you i'm not an igbo man.
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by 9jaIhail(m): 11:19am On Apr 27, 2012
@Op i think the three states you mentioned suited the capital of Nigeria.But if Gej should do it they will scream tribalism whereas we all witness what had been happening in Abuja series of bombs that have been going off in abuja.take for example if the capital was in ph/enugu or anywhere south and bombs kept going off as it has been going right now in Abuja a lots of Nigerians would have pressurize the sitting president to relocate because their target is his life.Now Gej has very good reason to relocate the capital of Nigeria but it seems he is not bold enough or what should i call it.
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 11:50am On Apr 27, 2012
Oh GEJ!!! I wish he had balls. This would have been a perfect opportunity to temporarily relocate the Capital to a more peaceful and serene environment ready for industrialization and growth.
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by aljharem(m): 11:55am On Apr 27, 2012
Calebsky: ^ hey bro, wtf is wrong with you. I simply asked a question, made some suggestions, and waiting for some logical answers and opinions. Citing the Capital in any of the places will not be bad either. Albeit, i think Calabar had a shot much earlier before Lagos, and now it will seem fair to move up east or centred South South. Just my opinion. Just give reasons why you think it should be where and why? grin

Calabar was the former capital or was it not ? Yes or No ?
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 12:21pm On Apr 27, 2012
alj harem:

Calabar was the former capital or was it not ? Yes or No ?

Yes bro. Please also read this and tell me what you comprehend. Am not a tribalist angry
Calebsky: @

Ok. now i get your drift. you must be a tribalist. Calabar (South South) had it, Lagos (South West) had it, Abuja (North Central) is having it with the attendant man-made problems or disaster,whatever. Now i think it will only be fair to push it down east and Enugu (South East) will be perfect. No bias huh! Mind you i'm not an igbo man.
Calebsky: @

Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2012
Is there any law in Nigeria against moving the capital from Abuja to some more serene location on a temporary basis??
Somebody, help answer the question.
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Ejine(m): 12:26pm On Apr 27, 2012
Calabar is definitely the best bet! Or he could just move it to Obudu.

Remember the Northerners cited fears that the capital in Lagos would make the president too vulnerable to attacks? What are they going to say now that the bombs are going off in the president's veranda?
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by aljharem(m): 12:30pm On Apr 27, 2012
Calebsky:

Yes bro. Please also read this and tell me what you comprehend. Am not a tribalist angry

I am not saying you were, Don't get me wrong. You presented you argument by saying this

I am sure their is no law stopping it from being moved to Niger state as well. Or is their

BTW I hope GEJ could move the capital from Abuja. I think it is about time. Do you agree ?
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by aljharem(m): 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2012
Ejiné: Calabar is definitely the best bet! Or he could just move it to Obudu.

Remember the Northerners cited fears that the capital in Lagos would make the president too vulnerable to attacks? What are they going to say now that the bombs are going off in the president's veranda?

Lets stop this north south venting. I support the OP

Moving the capital develops the state it is being moved to, eg Abuja from nothing, Lagos, Calabar etc

Yes moving it to port harcourt or Edo would make perfect sense
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2012
@Poster, why did you create this thread? What is the point of this?
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2012
Do we need national assembly concurrence to temporarily relocate the seat of govt? I doubt. The govt can function from any part of the country. We are at war with terrorists and everything that is necessary should be done to avert terrorists over running our presidency. Even Ibadan can be the capital or Abeokuta. But Lagos will present worse security challenges than Abuja.
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2012
Again I ask . . .

Kobojunkie: @Poster, why did you create this thread? What is the point of this?
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2012
Kobojunkie: @Poster, why did you create this thread? What is the point of this?

I want a modern future city in nigeria, and moving the capital from Abuja will create a seemingly new one in record time giving the way i view things. I do not care what part of the country it is located, provided, that part of the country gives us next to absolutely minimal security worries. The Bokoharam sect is making the current seat of power and the entire north a cause for serious security concerns.
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by CyberG: 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2012
So running away to the South and spending billions of dollars to re-invent the wheel is more expedient than having a government that can stand to do it's job of protecting every part of the country? What if after running to the new capital, another problem or same problem repeats, then the government will run again into the sea to build a capital?
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by ATMC(f): 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2012
alj harem:

Lets stop this north south venting. I support the OP

Moving the capital develops the state it is being moved to, eg Abuja from nothing, Lagos, Calabar etc

Yes moving it to port harcourt or Edo would make perfect sense
if moving d capital leads to development of d state where it is moved...i then suggest moving it to anambra.
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by ATMC(f): 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2012
CyberG: So running away to the South and spending billions of dollars to re-invent the wheel is more expedient than having a government that can stand to do it's job of protecting every part of the country? What if after running to the new capital, another problem or same problem repeats, then the government will run again into the sea to build a capital?
d running continues, there will always be a reason, from calabar to lagos to abujagrin
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Bawss1(m): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2012
It's reasoning like this that keeps the size of our government bloated. Every hamlet wanting a piece of federal action even when it is undeserving. Here's a thought; how about each city harnessing it's own potentials and being the best it can be without FCT aspirations? How about that? No mention is made about how ludicrous the idea is of moving the nation's capital every time. . . or the wastage that would ensue if such nonsense is embarked on.
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2012
Calebsky:

I want a modern future city in nigeria, and moving the capital from Abuja will create a seemingly new one in record time giving the way i view things. I do not care what part of the country it is located, provided, that part of the country gives us next to absolutely minimal security worries. The Bokoharam sect is making the current seat of power and the entire north a cause for serious security concerns.

Are you high, or something?
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Ngodigha1(m): 5:01pm On Apr 27, 2012
Asaba will do a good job.
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Are you high, or something?

I have been ever since i discovered that the unity in diversity we wanted wasn't really working out cheesy
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by aljharem(m): 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2012
ATMC: if moving d capital leads to development of d state where it is moved...i then suggest moving it to anambra.

I have always wanted Anambra to hold an important part of our country anyway, whether executive capital or technological capital

1 Like

Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Callotti: 11:14pm On Apr 27, 2012
Typical cowards.
Instead of dealing ruthlessly with terrorists. . . the plan be is to move Abu-HA to Ivory Coast.
Only in Africa.
Tufiakwa.
If na to r-ape and and do pedo-philia, Nigerians go take Grade A1!
God forbid!!! grin
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by CyberG: 12:03am On Apr 28, 2012
^Hmmn...shows the base thinking of some people. A government with powers and resources to arrest, detain, try, gather intelligence, fight and kill terrorism, crime, kidnapping of < 1000 people and empower its 160M+ people, educate them, train them in every way and grow its economy, so that the < 1,000 people are totally isolated, captured, punished rehabilitated or killed REFUSED TO DO IT EFFECTIVELY. Rather, it will UPROOT his home base and run away like a coward to another place until the bad eggs arrive (only now much stronger) and then pull the base again until it is chased into the sea or relocates to a foreign country because IT WILL NOT DO THE RIGHT THING! Well, the suggestion is ONLY possible because the leader of the pack is a school child and mentally incompetent and totally inept. When Nigeria actually had (though imperfect) but STRONG leaders like Obasanjo, Buhari, Muritala, etc who know what it is to actually LEAD, this sort of ridiculousness would not even arise. You know that even when you want to be stupid, there are some people you should move far away from because they will summarily make you permanently unavailable BUT not this TOTALLY RETARDEEN.ED bottom SUCKER Goatathan Chimpluck!
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Musiwa49: 3:00am On Apr 28, 2012
the law does not allow him to move it to port harcourt.
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by naptu2: 4:11am On Apr 28, 2012
1) Have you read section 298 of the constitution?

2) I wonder why you want to run away from a problem rather than solve the problem.

3) Don't you think your suggestion will lead to waste of money and corruption?
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Afam4eva(m): 11:44am On Apr 28, 2012
For fairness, i think the capital should be moved to the south-east because it has gone round the country. Though i think Asaba will make a perfect capital and io think our eastern brother's wouldn't mind because it's still in their territory.
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2012
ahh! i just came back from the field...now let me answer you one after the other
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 5:27pm On Apr 30, 2012
Callotti: Typical cowards.
Instead of dealing ruthlessly with terrorists. . . the plan be is to move Abu-HA to Ivory Coast.
Only in Africa.
Tufiakwa.
If na to r-ape and and do pedo-philia, Nigerians go take Grade A1!
God forbid!!! grin

am so surprised. you speak like a child. instead of answering and giving your opinion with an open mind you resort to insults. you may not do well in a public debate if you go on with this attitude.
Re: Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt by Calebsky(m): 5:32pm On Apr 30, 2012
CyberG: ^Hmmn...shows the base thinking of some people. A government with powers and resources to arrest, detain, try, gather intelligence, fight and kill terrorism, crime, kidnapping of < 1000 people and empower its 160M+ people, educate them, train them in every way and grow its economy, so that the < 1,000 people are totally isolated, captured, punished rehabilitated or killed REFUSED TO DO IT EFFECTIVELY. Rather, it will UPROOT his home base and run away like a coward to another place until the bad eggs arrive (only now much stronger) and then pull the base again until it is chased into the sea or relocates to a foreign country because IT WILL NOT DO THE RIGHT THING! Well, the suggestion is ONLY possible because the leader of the pack is a school child and mentally incompetent and totally inept. When Nigeria actually had (though imperfect) but STRONG leaders like Obasanjo, Buhari, Muritala, etc who know what it is to actually LEAD, this sort of ridiculousness would not even arise. You know that even when you want to be stupid, there are some people you should move far away from because they will summarily make you permanently unavailable BUT not this TOTALLY RETARDEEN.ED bottom SUCKER Goatathan Chimpluck!

no base thinking here bro. just simple opinions. and i can go ahead and analyze the wrongs and ills of your so-called STRONG leaders.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Reliable Statistics On Nigeria's Poverty Rate- World Bank / US Court Documents Reveal Aisha Buhari’s Involvement In Fraudulent Transfers! / FG Plans Additional $2.8bn Foreign Loan To Finance 2018 Budget - This Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.