Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi (35193 Views)

The Reason Why Gen. Azazi Was Killed? / Gen.Azazi,Gov.yakowa Dead?...sahara News / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by cold(m): 12:42am On Apr 28, 2012
Azazi blames Boko Haram attacks on PDP

The retired General made this known during the second day of the South-south economic summit where the collapse of the nation’s security challenge was deliberated on.

Tracing the rise of Boko Haram’s attack, the chief security adviser to the president stated that “the extent of violence did not increase in Nigeria until when there was a declaration by the current president that he was going to contest.”

“PDP got it wrong from the beginning, from the on-set by saying Mr A can rule, Mr A cannot rule ……according to PDP’s convention, rules and regulation and not according to the constitution and that created the climate for what has manifest itself, this way.”

He added that there is some level of political undertone to the problem.

He also noted that the bombings, suicide attacks and jail breaks that have been raging the northern part of the country “could be traced to the politics of exclusion of the PDP in the region.”

Blaming the notion of anointing candidates and the ‘do or die’ attitude of the political party, Retired General Azazi asked why “is it possible that somebody was thinking that only Mr. A could win, and that if he could not win, there would be problems in this society?”

“Let’s examine all these issues to see whether the level of violence in the North East just escalated because Boko Haram suddenly became better trained, better equipped and better funded, or something else was responsible.”

“It takes very long for somebody to be a sniper,” Mr. Azazi said.

He affirmed the level of sophistication of the group but also gave assurance that the government is aware of all their doings in a bid to addressing the issue. “I can assure you that Boko Haram can garner that level of sophistication over time, if it has not got it already. There are a lot we know that they are doing, and there are a lot that could be done to address the problem.”

“But, then I must also be quick to point out that today, even if all the leaders that we know in Boko Haram are arrested, I don’t think the problem would end, because there are tentacles. I don’t think that people would be satisfied, because the situations that created the problems are not just about the religion, poverty or the desire to rule Nigeria. I think it’s a combination of everything. Except you address all those things comprehensively, it would not work” he added.

On a final solution, the security adviser discourage just the use of force but called for a collective effort to address the economic problems of the north saying “it is not enough for us to have a problem in 2009 and you send soldiers to stop the situation, then tomorrow you drive everybody underground. You must look at what structures you need to put in place to address the problem holistically. There are economic problems in the North, which are not the exclusive prerogative of the Northerners. We must solve our problems as a country.”

He noted that the relationship between national security and development is inseparable, because “one cannot do without the other” the NSA said.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/04/27/azazi-blames-boko-haram-attacks-on-pdp/

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Balyz: 12:56am On Apr 28, 2012
Excellent analysis Azazi, excellent

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by CyberG: 1:05am On Apr 28, 2012
@Post: Is this for REAL? This guy makes a LOT of SENSE and he made BOLD statements that people are still hiding from even the school child Jonadumb Goatlock. But what can this invalid president do?
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Demdem(m): 1:12am On Apr 28, 2012
Av always known and even said it on this forum that the killer party - pdp is the evil boko haram itself. No wonder the retardeen has given a June deadline. Goodluck to them.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by otss(m): 5:57am On Apr 28, 2012
I have alwys known dat pdp, is the boko haram nd dat d death of pdp will only end BH. Nice one azazi bt sha bcareful coz both pdp nd BH no dey sleep.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by CyberG: 6:22am On Apr 28, 2012
so BH is Jonashaite personal army to whip the tribalistic and religious bigoted Nigerians out of life! tongue grin
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by nuclearboy(m): 6:35am On Apr 28, 2012
The PDP propaganda brigade will be here soon so let me give them something to think about

1. How come each time someone is linked to Boko Haram, the person is PDP?

2. How come terrorists are always linked to PDP bigshots?

3. Why has there never been a Boko Haram attack against PDP even though Boko Haram claims its fight is against government? Is the PDP secretariat and homes\family of PDP bigwigs better secured than the US embassy, Police HQ, ThisDay newspapers?

4. Why is it whenever PDP needs to win an election or to cover a scandal (like DAMs kleptomania) that Boko Haram strikes, thus changing the issues in the polity? What manner of coincidence is this?

5. All those who threatened Jonathan were PDP

I could go on!

Any honest sincere Nigerian ought wonder at these things!

19 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by citizenisb: 6:36am On Apr 28, 2012
http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/23141/2012/04/28/blame_rise_boko_haram_attacks_pdp_nsa.html

The national security adviser (NSA), Gen. Andrew Owoye Azazi, has blamed the internal wrangling in the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for the rise of insurgency by the Boko Haram sect in the country.

Azazi  made this disclosure yesterday at the second South-South summit in Asaba, the Delta State capital, where the collapse of the nation’s security challenge was deliberated on.

“ PDP got it wrong from the beginning, by saying Mr. A can rule, Mr. A cannot rule…. according to PDP’s convention, rules and regulations and not according to the constitution and that created the climate for what has manifested itself in this way.” He said.

Azazi said that the “extent of violence did not increase in Nigeria until when there was a declaration by the current president that he was going to contest’, adding that there is some level of political undertone to the problem.

The PDP, in its reaction, said that the NSA was “quoted out of contest.” National publicity Secretary of the party, Chief Olisa Metuh, maintained that the party is against terrorism, the activities of Boko Haram and all it represents.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by sammyzacks(m): 7:05am On Apr 28, 2012
Azazi you can be more specific. Who and who in PDP are behind it? Is it Atiku, Chiroma, IBB?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Abbeypremium(m): 7:49am On Apr 28, 2012
Azazi has spoken, whether out of context or inside content, there is an iota of truth. PDP has always being enemy to itself, infact the only vibrant opposition party we have in this country against PDP govt is PDP. That's why they could not make a tangle success as a govt, on the lives of Nigerians cos they work at cross purposes. But what baffles me is that each differing groups or factions cannot move out and stand alone as a party or better still join another one, they prefer to stay put under the overcrowded umbrella.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Vigilante: 8:19am On Apr 28, 2012
See how beaf will put a spin on this
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by adasi678: 9:33am On Apr 28, 2012
That is the whole truth.Azazi got it right

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by GarbaAudu: 9:38am On Apr 28, 2012
Haba abokina azazi! What took u so long before u split d beans? Or is it now that discover the hopelessness in crushing the bokites? Mr. NSA we all know that this is a mafia war only the devil can win. I'm seeing u resigning from ur post soon. Allah tsine muku baki daya!

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 28, 2012
SMH! Bloody Hypocrite. Just like his boss.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by onatisi(m): 9:49am On Apr 28, 2012
actually he has said nothing new but only confirming what opposition leaders,foreign goverment,nd which over 80%of nigerians know that boko haram has a political undertone.nd that it stems from pdp.but some fools on nl believed that usa and uk were the ones behind bh.well silence is the best answer for a fool.now coming from an insider like azazzi this will let ppl on nl now discuss issues more construtively.even the bombing of thisday two days ago i said the same thing that it was political but

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Sweetjoe(m): 9:50am On Apr 28, 2012
More story Azazi cus u have not said it ALL........ Let de story cont. Give me a bottle of beer......Am all earz AZAZIIIII.......

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by beafroast: 9:53am On Apr 28, 2012
cool make una watch out 4 BEAF, coming with 'akara bomb' .
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by greall1: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2012
Its make sense the issue of BH will stop when hausa take over as a president of republic of nigeria becos They hate bro jonna as a presido. I was participated in last election in yobe state city jacusko. When the result released announced bro jonna as a president they were tryin to cause voilence & Sayin that coppers used to rigid election against buhari{CPC}. We all slept at the police station that day. I thank god for my life all d way from lagos to yobe state.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Bontee: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2012
PDP is not the originator of boko haram but the change in dimension is definitely linked to it and to me PDP is not the problem but Nigeria as a whole. It is no mere coincidence that ACN as a party went to pick ribadu after dumping atiku or trying to form an alliance with buhari. It was suppose to be a silent and gentleman agreement between the elites and not necessarily restricted to PDP as a party. The north will still make the same demands on the whole Nigeria come 2015 irrespective of any party that put forth candidates. Leadership position at the national level has always been turn by turn and not merit based or the best candidate should always fit the profile.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by onatisi(m): 9:57am On Apr 28, 2012
some ppl on nl here dont have the ability to accomodate and discuss other ppl points once it doesnt match their own.they are abusive by nature.pls when we come here lets always try to accomodate each others veiws and try to accept others veiws if they are able to prove their point.if not leave them.BH IS A POLITICAL PROBLEM AND IT REQUIRES A POLITICAL SOLUTION.that was the reason obj went to borno,dialogue with them.he proffered carrot and stick.which gej refused now this is where we find oursel

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by emmatok(m): 10:00am On Apr 28, 2012
We all knew this from the beginning.

They are using the-same tactics in OSUN-STATE.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 28, 2012
As the National Security Adviser, what's Azazi doing? He is part of the PDP government. Is he and all the other Security proffessionals powerless against Boko Haram? What hope are they giving the citezenry by this seeming admission of helplessness.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Silensa(m): 10:04am On Apr 28, 2012
Azazi u got it right but please b more specific
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Shadowblaqq(m): 10:07am On Apr 28, 2012
These insurgents known as Boko Haram are the brain child of dissatisfied politicians who are hell bent on making Naija ungovernable for Goodluck Jonathan
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by xterra2(m): 10:08am On Apr 28, 2012
True Azazi but oh boy you boss would not be happy with you
You don cause wahala for your self
But good to say the truth nevertheless

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 28, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Where is beaf na ? tongue
He's presently brainstorming with Abati to write a rejoinder
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by emmatok(m): 10:09am On Apr 28, 2012
Silensa: Azazi u got it right but please b more specific

He can't be more specific than this.

HMM, AZAZI most be a Muslim Northerner. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Good, this is coming from General Owoye Andrew Azazi.
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by REMMEI(m): 10:09am On Apr 28, 2012
emmatok: We all knew this from the beginning.

They are using the-same tactics in OSUN-STATE.

AND WHAT TACTICS IS BEEN USED IN OSUN STATE?...EXPOUND PLZ,I'VE BEEN HEARING SOME BS COMING OUTTA THAT STATE LATELY..
Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by edicolove: 10:11am On Apr 28, 2012
It seems to me that a lot of folks posting on NL are I.d1iots below 20years. Azazi is makinf a very serious point wirh a lot of undertones and some of you are making stup1d comments. If you cannot understand a simply statement, don't comment! This statement by Azazi is a subtle and indirect indictment on IBB, Chiroma, EL Rufai and Atiku and the whole north. I will like to see how the north responds. Azazi has hit them below the belt here!

I excluded Buhari from that list not because he is CPC, but because he really didn't join in on the consensus move.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by jmaine: 10:17am On Apr 28, 2012
There is no need for the particular suspects on this thread to engage in a fool's dance . . . We all knew their upsurge was largely because the born to rule north . . . Couldnt hold on to power . . And to suggest that Jona is attacking his own government via bombings is plain silly . . .how daft could our conspiracy theory get to . . . .Azazi case presented is nothing special . . .a reason we have being labelling Buhari,IBB and Atiku as their sponsors . .Yes, Buhari is there cos he is still power hungry and his rightful loss also culminated into what we are experiencing

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi by emmatok(m): 10:17am On Apr 28, 2012
REMMEI:

AND WHAT TACTICS IS BEEN USED IN OSUN STATE?...EXPOUND PLZ,I'VE BEEN HEARING SOME BS COMING OUTTA THAT STATE LATELY..

The PDP claimed Osun Governor is training Islamic militants.

They(PDP)are also claiming OSUN-STATE is planing to SECEDE ALONE from Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anti-Igbo Song: Nnamdi Kanu Tells Igbos To Leave The North / Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com / Buhari’s Supporters Considering Jonathan For 2023 Presidential Run - THISDAY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.