Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,191 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Atheist And A Christian In Danger - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist And A Christian In Danger (2665 Views)

Obasanjo, Oyedepo’s Lives In Danger – Prophet Oladele Samuel / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 7:23pm On Apr 29, 2012
toba: guy, have u thought about it that this could happen the other way round as well?

It can not happen the other way around. In both ways, God wont come down from heaven; one friend will help the other out. Humanity before God or religion
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by procedure: 4:27pm On Apr 30, 2012
The commandment is 2 in one love ur neighbour and love god. Asking a fellow man for help is not wrong not beliving god does not mean u aint created by him.
A man can help another man and god can help man by sending a man. The atheist ascribing glory to him self is pride at least all his body parts where never made by him. Helping another man has nothing to do with faith it is a matter of humanity.asking him to call god is ridicule and control waiting for the most stupid time to prove god is not real.

1 Like

Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2012
procedure: The commandment is 2 in one love ur neighbour and love god..

That is a lie. The 2nd commandment is that you shall not use the name of God in vain.

Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by manmustwac(m): 5:48pm On Apr 30, 2012
The story is obviously not true but am sure many atheists like me must've experienced similar stories. I've helped many Christians financially in the past. They usually see me as their personal Savior sent by God not actually knowing that "I" myself am an atheist and then to add insult to injury the Christians would come out with statements like "God will bless you" angry
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2012
manmustwac: The story is obviously not true but am sure many atheists like me must've experienced similar stories. I've helped many Christians financially in the past. They usually see me as their personal Savior sent by God not actually knowing that "I" myself am an atheist and then to add insult to injury the Christians would come out with statements like "God will bless you" angry

That is the point of the story. My atheist friend had a similar situation and that was the basis of the story
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 15, 2013
lol....my crazy old self
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by ooman(m): 11:17am On Apr 15, 2013
atheists have no problem helping the religious but the religious think they are doing the devil a service when they help atheists.
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by plaetton: 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

I am not religious. I believe in the existence of an eternal creative element which I understand to be God. I believe in mankind's spirituality. However I do not believe in the judeo-christian/ arabic precepts of God. I beleive that Jesus was an ordinary human being like you or me. If I were forced to pik a religion, it would probably be buddhism.

Let me rephrase the above in my own words.

I am not religious. Infact, I loathe religion. I have a conviction in the existence of an eternal, impersonal, all-pervading , not immutable, but evolving energy, which, many may refer to as being a God. I believe in mankind's spirituality. However I do not believe in, and strongly repudiate the judeo-christian/ arabic concepts and precepts of divinity. I believe that Jesus was an ordinary human being like you or me.
If I were forced to pick a religion, it would probably be buddhism. [/quote]
wink
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2013
plaetton:

Let me rephrase the above in my own words.

I am not religious. Infact, I loathe religion. I have a conviction in the existence of an eternal, impersonal, all-pervading , not immutable, but evolving energy, which, many may refer to as being a God. I believe in mankind's spirituality. However I do not believe in, and strongly repudiate the judeo-christian/ arabic concepts and precepts of divinity. I believe that Jesus was an ordinary human being like you or me.
If I were forced to pick a religion, it would probably be buddhism.
wink

Wrong...you would have to pick a particular brand of buddhism......................buddism has its own sect of silliness....
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by plaetton: 6:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wrong...you would have to pick a particular brand of buddhism......................buddism has its own sect of silliness....
He he.
That's why I don't have a religion. They are nothing but degrees of silliness.

If forced, I would have to take the least silly.
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
plaetton:
He he.
That's why I don't have a religion. They are nothing but degrees of silliness.

If forced, I would have to take the least silly.

Agreed......however, you seem to be into some spirituality nowadays or has it always been so. I ave no problem with spiritual peeps, it is the religious tat can get really silly.
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by 2good(m): 6:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Agreed......however, you seem to be into some spirituality nowadays or has it always been so. I ave no problem with spiritual peeps, it is the religious tat can get really silly.
Logicboy is back! smiley
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by frank317: 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2013
is crexx now a christian? i thought he used to be an atheist... oboy, whn u repent?
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by mazaje1: 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
frank3.16:
is crexx now a christian? i thought he used to be an atheist... oboy, whn u repent?

He made the post when he was a christian, he joined nairaland as a christain. . . .
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 15, 2013
2good: Logicboy is back! smiley

I'm back smiley
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by plaetton: 11:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

What I try to make folks understand is that the common denominator between myths,mysteries, legends and scientific fact is knowledge, or lack thereof.

I am of the opinion that what are considered spiritual phenomena are simply little understood or yet to be understood natural or scientific laws.

Mental sovereignty affords me the freedom and previledge to speculate without bounds, and without being boxed into any particular isms.
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by PastorOluT(m): 12:11am On Apr 16, 2013
Wow, it takes more faith to be an atheist than a Christian!

Believing all those craps, or rather not believing anything thing despite all that stare you in the face?

As one with a rational mind, please explain this if you can?

How do you explain the perfection in which the world was created or came to be, that everything is just precise? Except there is a master planner somewhere?

How do we came from non life to life?

How do you explain the supernatural occurrence in the world like miracles, actually witnessed and would love to share?

How come there are evil and good, and why is it easier to do evil than good?

more coming
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:22am On Apr 16, 2013
cyrexx: and we should respect each other and not try to convert another person to one's belief system.

JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE LOSING THE BATTLE NOW, WE SHOULD STOP TRYING TO CONVERT YOU FELLOWS TO OUR BELIEFS? ABEG HOW IS THIS FAIR WHEN 80% OF CHRISTIAN OCNVERTS HAVE BEEN SO THROUGH UNFAIR MEANS!

EITHER ALL THESE FELLOWS RECONVERT TO OUR RELIGIONS, ALL DAMAGES REPARED, AND THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH FUND PAGAN SHRINES AND TRIBAL WELFARE AND CULTURE AND RELIGIONS, OR ELSE WE SHALL CONTINUE WITH OUR PROSELYTIZING. angry angry angry angry
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:24am On Apr 16, 2013
Jasiel: I mean no disrespect but I would like to know logicboy better. I'm not interested in preaching to u or even trying to convince you about christianity. I would just like to get to know u. I'm serious

Logicboy you player! now all the chicks are after you! grin tongue
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:25am On Apr 16, 2013
2good:

Remember your black ancestors sold your ancestors to the Europeans.

wtf? why will his ancestors sell themselves. people from other tribes who were not his ancestors sold them. and btw those slavers had no clue whatsoever of conditions in the New World and on board the evil ships.
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by plaetton: 1:26am On Apr 16, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Wow, it takes more faith to be an atheist than a Christian!

Believing all those craps, or rather not believing anything thing despite all that stare you in the face?

As one with a rational mind, please explain this if you can?

How do you explain the perfection in which the world was created or came to be, that everything is just precise? Except there is a master planner somewhere?

How do we came from non life to life?

How do you explain the supernatural occurrence in the world like miracles, actually witnessed and would love to share?

How come there are evil and good, and why is it easier to do evil than good?

more coming

What perfections are you referring to? I have not seen any.
Can you point out some to me.
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:27am On Apr 16, 2013
2good:

You behave like a child trying to force a new learnt believe on others. You don't have to resort to insult before making your point. Who sold the slaves to Europeans? You obviously don't know about the slave trade history. I am not trying to exonerate the white man for their crime, I just want to let you know that the African way of life with selfish interest and non cooperation among blacks fuelled the trade. Blacks were ready to go to war with neighbouring tribes just to get slaves to sell for bottles of gin, mirror, guns, etc.`I am 100% African, an agnostic and at thesame time realistic and analyse things from several perspectives. What you're all doing is failing to take responsibility for the contribution your race made to enslaving your own people, putting all the blame on the white man instead of coming together as a people to try and solve your common problem. The result of your actions is the civil war going on in the whole of Africa.

STOP CLUBBING ALL TRIBES TOGETHER BASED ON RACISM AND SKIN COLOUR! WE ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLES! I AS A HAUSA OWE NOTHING TO THE YORUBAS OR THE IGBOS! THEY ARE NOT MY KIN! angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Demons Are Real - My Encounter With A Demon! Real Life! No Vision! My Story / The Truth About Ark Of Noah: Response to Hardmirror / 666 Is Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.