Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum (27658 Views)

Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / ~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ / How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2010
fhemmmy,
you dey run from your own native food? haba! amala na your food oooo! grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by denzel2009: 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2010
While in Lagos,I got to know the Amala before knowing where Shitta is. Amala Shitta is da bomb.

There used to one buka beside GTB in VI too,chai early morning dose. The Amala is out of this world by 12 noon, sleep go come dey worry person for work.

What I now crave for is rice in a leaf with ata dindin.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 4:48pm On Oct 04, 2010
well, your in luck here. i could package and send some for you via dhl or ups-if you go sort me well. wink
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 2:57am On Oct 05, 2010
knotty:

Now calling what our forebears have been eating for ages POISON is being uncharitable.

if you are unlucky to have had a harrowing about experience with Amala because an old Auntie got it all wrong, sorry about that. But please, move on. forget about polluting other people`s minds about this ``i hate the stuff``

[b]If my description was offensive, I am not too big to apologize, but that was just to let you know how much i hate it, but once again, I am sorry.
Now, could we shake hands and be happy?
When do u expect a deal from you, cos i wanna be your dealer too . . . wink
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by knotty(m): 7:48am On Oct 05, 2010
Your maturity is always disarming. Sword sheathed, anger doused, frown replaced with a smile.

No wahala, Sir. we stay together.

as for the dealership, the Q7 project is on for 2011. When i am ready, i`ll beckon.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 4:15pm On Oct 05, 2010
fhemmmy,
your reversing your hatred for amala because of that suv deal? wink
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2010
George_D:

fhemmmy,
you dey run from your own native food? haba! amala na your food oooo! grin

The main food from my town . . . My parents town is Pounded Yam and Egunsi . . . . .So Amala is not it, so gimme the Poundo yam made on the stove with Ogbono with lots of meat and make i top am with palm wine, i will be your best friend
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2010
knotty:

Your maturity is always disarming. Sword sheathed, anger doused, frown replaced with a smile.

No wahala, Sir. we stay together.

as for the dealership, the Q7 project is on for 2011. When i am ready, i`ll beckon.

Thanks for the comment, Sir
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
George_D:

fhemmmy,
your reversing your hatred for amala because of that suv deal? wink

Chief, I am yet to love Amala, but just gave apology for making those that loved it angry . . . . . Besides, with a nice SUV like that sold to the chief, it means, i will be able to afford nice Ogbono with yellow gari
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 11:24am On Oct 06, 2010
fhemmmy,
looks like we're on the same page with that poundo stuff and ogbono. as for the suv, won't i'm sure it'd be a win-win deal when we eventually hit it off wink
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2010
George_D:

fhemmmy,
looks like we're on the same page with that poundo stuff and ogbono. as for the suv, won't i'm sure it'd be a win-win deal when we eventually hit it off wink

I am so glad that i have someone on my side on the poundo stuff.
I cant wait for us to hit off the SUV dealssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss . . . . note all the "s"
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2010
pundo + suv! what a sweet combo! grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2010
George_D:

pundo + suv! what a sweet combo! grin

Poundo inside the SUV while the e-fork is nice and spicy . . . u wont even notice any bump on the e-roads.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2010
fhemmmy,
ahhhhh! you better leave the e-thingy for maedan on the ogbono thread.
unless you want our proposed deal to fall through. wink
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2010
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2010
chaircover:

Hot fluffy Amala and ewedu or ogbonna is the best food in the world

What kinda Amala is this one . . . It is not black and not white.
I have never seen this one before now.

This one look kinda good oh, but i cant stand my food on same plate with the stew. . . . . But this looks nice, now i blv that never say never till you sure of it all.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn . . . .Only the cover of the chair, but tell me, is this one hard of soft, cos the black one made me to hate Amala cos of the soft thing that turns watery before the morning.

George_D:

fhemmmy,
ahhhhh! you better leave the e-thingy for maedan on the ogbono thread.
unless you want our proposed deal to fall through. wink

Chief, Na lie oh, me and you for Nigeria, we will make the deal, and i will e-stop the e-thing, one time
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 07, 2010
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2010
chaircover:

Femi you dont know what you are missing.

What do you mean by black amala?

This is the correct colour.

And let me tell you something; having your soup on the same plate as the amala is the best.

Boy you are getting too posh for my liking. I need to take you to Belgium buka in Lagos shapr sharp before you start serving cavier at your parties tongue grin.

For real, i wish i could see the picture for the Black Amala, cos this aint black at all, these one is gray in color now.

I like my stew in separate plate, so that i will have a lot of it and i can enjoy it better.

When i visit Nigeria, i will surely ask for that place, i beg send me the contact of the restaurant you talking about
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 07, 2010
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2010
chaircover:

Ive just posted a picture

Belgium Na buka o!

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$HHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

But you are yet to answer my question oh, will this one turn watery if left all night too/
How come this is not black in color but gray.

Buka could be classy too, If you could eat there, i am sure i will be aiight there too, cos i just cant eat where they build on gutter and dirty places, so you will give me the address of the place, so that i could go and bukalize myself when i visit Nigeria.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 4:42pm On Oct 07, 2010
The last picture is scary, dont like that one. . . . . . . Maybe it is cos it is not Okra Ogbono . . . .
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 07, 2010
--
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2010
chaircover:

LOl femi. . . . .

You need to marry an Ibadan lady cool

I dont know the black amala you are talking about o! maybe someone can help here

I dont think you can eat in a buka . . . you are wayyyyyyyyyyy to posh. Na only Tantalisers Amala you fit chop grin

Dont be fooled by the net oh . . . . i no posh oh, you see posh people selling automobiles and Technology stuff.
I beg send me the address of the Buka Jare, make i go enjoy myself.

I am surprised that you dont know the black Amala . . . . could someone help us out please, and post the picture of the Black Amala?
the one i remember is way darker than this one.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2010
fhemmmy,
there is amala and there is amala. maybe your used to the type made with discarded yam peelings and that's why you dislike it. when you eat the real thing made from real yam flour (not the dead skin) or best still plantain flour you will lick your finger well, well! smiley
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 7:09pm On Oct 07, 2010
George_D:

fhemmmy,
there is amala and there is amala. maybe your used to the type made with discarded yam peelings and that's why you dislike it. when you eat the real thing made from real yam flour (not the dead skin) or best still plantain flour you will lick your finger well, well! smiley

That means my big aunt was feeding me with garbage . . . . Na wa oh, it is sad when u no sabi anything
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by knotty(m): 6:26am On Oct 08, 2010
Amala (food)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Àmàlà is a thick brown paste or porridge made from yam skin, which had been peeled, cleaned, dried and then blended into a flour.[1] It is eaten in West Africa, primarily among the Yorùbá of Nigeria. Àmàlà is made by slicing yam which is a very popular vegetable in Nigeria, drying and grinding it into yam flour which is then sieved and processed into amala by mixing the powder into boiling water and stirring it to a desired texture. It could be served with a variety of ọbẹ (soup), such as ẹfọ, ilá, ewédú, or gbegiri (black-eyed beans soup).

[edit] Types

There are generally two types of àmàlà. One is àmàlà iṣu, which is derived from sliced, dried, ground and processed yams tubers into yam powder. When this processed yam powder is added to hot water, it gradually turns into a black/brown dough. This can be eaten with a variety of soups (ọbẹ) and vegetables (ẹfọ).

There is another type of àmàlà derived from cassava tubers and referred to as àmàlà láfún. This is commonly eaten among the Yorùbá. The cassava tubers are peeled, dried, ground and sieved to remove any shafts or lumps. This type of àmàlà will usually become a white dough when added to water.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amala_%28food%29
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 11:15am On Oct 08, 2010
fhemmmy,
looking back in retrospect, i almost hated amala too years back when i lived in lagos. the common practice was to dry rotten yam and dead yam skin in the sun which is later ground unto flour and used to prepare amala. it was so appalling and you could see it everywhere! tell me what nutrient man can get from rotten yam?
unfortunately as we speak the practice still thrives in a lot of our commercial centres! grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2010
George_D:

fhemmmy,
looking back in retrospect, i almost hated amala too years back when i lived in lagos. the common practice was to dry rotten yam and dead yam skin in the sun which is later ground unto flour and used to prepare amala. it was so appalling and you could see it everywhere! tell me what nutrient man can get from rotten yam?
unfortunately as we speak the practice still thrives in a lot of our commercial centres! grin

I guess those are the kids Amala i had oh.
So i will have to look for the real thing and i try, if i no like am, i will fight you oh . . . But i still have to wait till i visit Nija sha . . . angry
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 1:42pm On Oct 08, 2010
knotty:

Amala (food)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Àmàlà is a thick brown paste or porridge made from yam skin, which had been peeled, cleaned, dried and then blended into a flour.[1] It is eaten in West Africa, primarily among the Yorùbá of Nigeria. Àmàlà is made by slicing yam which is a very popular vegetable in Nigeria, drying and grinding it into yam flour which is then sieved and processed into amala by mixing the powder into boiling water and stirring it to a desired texture. It could be served with a variety of ọbẹ (soup), such as ẹfọ, ilá, ewédú, or gbegiri (black-eyed beans soup).

[edit] Types

There are generally two types of àmàlà. One is àmàlà iṣu, which is derived from sliced, dried, ground and processed yams tubers into yam powder. When this processed yam powder is added to hot water, it gradually turns into a black/brown dough. This can be eaten with a variety of soups (ọbẹ) and vegetables (ẹfọ).

There is another type of àmàlà derived from cassava tubers and referred to as àmàlà láfún. This is commonly eaten among the Yorùbá. The cassava tubers are peeled, dried, ground and sieved to remove any shafts or lumps. This type of àmàlà will usually become a white dough when added to water.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amala_%28food%29

That is so nicely defined.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 7:16pm On Oct 08, 2010
fhemmmy,
look for the real thing and you'll not regret it. wink
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 7:33pm On Oct 08, 2010
George_D:

fhemmmy,
look for the real thing and you'll not regret it. wink

Now u making me to add that to the list of food that will be my friend when i land Nigeria for a visit . . . . Not sure when yet sef, but now i am missing home more.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2010
just let us know when you make up your mind and we'll be there to welcome you! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Download Free Video On How To Make Chocolate Cake / Unveiling Peak Yoghurt 1 Litre Strawberry Flavour / What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.