Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum (27694 Views)

Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / ~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ / How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 3:40am On Nov 01, 2010
George_D:

i ate amala this afternoon with ogbono! wink

Wey mine?
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 11:49am On Nov 01, 2010
yours has been sent with ups. hopefully it will arrive at your end this afternoon. wink
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2010
George_D:

yours has been sent with ups. hopefully it will arrive at your end this afternoon. wink

E never reach oh
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2010
just wait patiently for it . e go soon arrive. only i pray its not among the siezed ups cargo plane ink catridges from yemen! wink grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 5:23pm On Nov 01, 2010
George_D:

just wait patiently for it . e go soon arrive. only i pray its not among the siezed ups cargo plane ink catridges from yemen! wink grin

Lol
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by saiprojects(f): 2:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
AMALA AND OKRA OGBONO... THE BESTEST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tHcXYjsfCA
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by baby124: 2:41pm On Feb 09, 2013
Just what the doctor ordered. I cook a fantastic amala, gbegiri and ewedu. Honestly, nothing in this world has tasted better than that combination. It is like a double hit combo. kiss
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by ayyoshert: 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
toks81:

I ate amala at home growing up and my mum is one person who never encouraged eating outside.The first time i had a foreign amala experience was in OAU ile-ife,at old buka.I was really scared at first because of the environment.Not to clean baby poop somewhere and then the women behinde large cauldrons dishing out the meal looked like overfed witches serving human parts.well i ordered quite little(to feel among say me sef fit chop outside).After i had a five minute crusade binding and casting the devils from my amala i finally settled down to eat.MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!It was experience like a virgin haveing an orgasm after GOOD sex.

That was the first dis-virgining experience!

Then in my final year i went with my friends to UI for research work and one of my 'ajala' friends who has combed IB took us to this place at sabo.Oh boy!the amala na die.I bought oh.Bought in a plastic bowl all the way back to ife.

I enetred a small bus back to Ife that night which was so uncomfortable,if you see the way i clung to my bowl eh,it a was like i was carryin a priceless artifacT.

The Amala/Gbegiri combo is one tagteam that rules anyday.
Even ajebo dey doff cap anytime they experience the combo.
lesson learnt over the years is that good amala is served in not so clean environment.

just pray chop and if u get long throat the combo go teach you lesson grin

NB:Have u heard of fireservice at townplanning area?them good man!try them out.
wat used to scare me were those very giant rats running up and down the buka, but it never discouraged people from coming to visit those 'Egins' as we used to call those 'overfed witches'.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by ZACHIE: 7:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
Funny thing.
Is this gbegiri thing so important?
Was at Shita amala and realised that they are adding SUGAR to gbegiri just to make it sweet.

Madness, per excellence
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
OMG, I'm just seeing this thread. I totally love amala and gbegiri, its just one of the best things in this world Lol. I dunno if anyone has mentioned Skye Bank Amala (popularly called but not the real name) @ Bodija in Ibadan. That amala joint should be a tourist attraction, lol. Its just so gooood.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by freakcin: 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
Can't remember the last time I had Amala and Gbegiri (from Ibadan, that is) must be eons ago.

Where I'm @ there's no semblance of that. Most people think I'm a rice and junk food person, not knowing I keep away from the fake traditional food I see cos it ain' like the real thing! sad

1 Like

Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by tpia6: 11:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
^ you cant cook your own?
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Yeske2(m): 7:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
There's this Yoruba lady along court road close to CPS Onitsha i used to go and enjoy gbegiri and ewedu but she's no longer there. Any advice on any other location in Onitsha?
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Ariyke: 5:21am On Nov 12, 2014
Wow am craving amala right now
There is this woman behind agege stadium her canteen is Ola Sheu mehn her amala is so dope I use to go there more than 3xe a day as my oga like to chop am
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Mariecakes(f): 9:06am On Nov 12, 2014
I love amala n ogbono soup...ogbono that has vegetable n sliced fresh pepper( atarodo) inside..with smoked fish, beef n kpomo..
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
knotty:

OKA (called amala by ajebos) is serious business, very serious matter, i must add. i am a big fan of it and tell you what, when i can help it, i am ready to gorge myself into it everyday.

but the problem is it not everybody that can prepare it very well. so, you often see men journey to far distance to where they know they can get the right stuff.

so please, if you know one damn good place they make correct Amala and Gbegiri where you live, share the address with us.

Shitta in Surulere...Op, don't dull! grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
vivaciousvivi:

Shitta in Surulere...Op, don't dull! grin

Amala kingdom is Ibadan and Oyo town , the average amala joint in Ibadan is 100 times better than Shitta. Remembering my Uni and Secondary school days in U.I and G.C.I respectively , I ate amala like no other in the combined 8 years I spent in Ibadan. Well if it's Lagos , I guess Shitta will do it then.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Amala kingdom is Ibadan and Oyo town , the average amala joint in Ibadan is 100 times better than Shitta. Remembering my Uni and Secondary school days in U.I and G.C.I respectively , I ate amala like no other in the combined 8 years I spent in Ibadan. Well if it's Lagos , I guess Shitta will do it then.

Eh hen! Ibadan? Makes sense actually.... smiley
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by juman(m): 5:44am On Sep 25, 2016
Good food.

It is important to always remember to drink a lot of water daily.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by MsFaith: 8:45pm On Feb 10, 2022
They now sell one konkolo wrap of Amala for #100 cry

I hate this country cry
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Ajokes4: 5:33am On Feb 11, 2022
I have yam flour for sale. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange / Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World / Very Irritating Food Combos I Can Never Cook Or Accept From Any One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.