Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,198 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:31 AM

Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child (50376 Views)

Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police / An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. / The Story Of An Abandoned Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2012
On my way to Lagos from Abeokuta today, while waiting to get attended to at a mama put joint, I was aroused by people shouting at a little girl who was about trying to cross d highway. Almost immediately, a woman ran towards d little girl and dragged her off d road. I was shocked when after some mins, I saw this same girl standing beside d road again but no one seems to pay her any attention again. I was expecting that at least someone out of all d women I saw there might be d girl's mother and will be worried that their child is by d roadside but that wasn't d case.

Then I got curious and payed close attention to d child. She looked unkept, unhappy, malnourished and gaunt. I called out to her to go stay somewhere shady but she just looked away and remained under d hot sun. I swear...mere looking at this child, I could sense d insecurity and unhappy on her face and it was so touching, I was almost moved to tears. When I asked d buka woman about d child's mother, she heaved and said ha! that one is a lost case o.

I persuaded her to tell me why she said so, she was a bit relunctant at first b4 briefly telling me dat the child's mother dumped her with an old woman and ran away. Since d woman is so old, she can't be running around after d little girl. Hmmm...I can swear dat this child hasn't eating in days as she looks so worryingly thin. She seems disturbed kinda. I tried to chat her up but she just wouldn't respond.

I wanted to buy some food for her but I was afraid of being accused of trying to lure her with the food inorder to make it easier to kidnap her. This is naija and one has to be really careful about things like this. I gave d girl a token which she accepted, then I left. Right now am back home in Lagos but am restless. My mind keeps going back to d little girl.

Dunno what might happen to her but I wish her to be in safe hands and in good health. What do I do? Does anyone know a good NGO that can take her case up? I don't support this kind of unnecessary suffering especially to a child...a supposed leader of tomorrow....

Mature advice needed pls. Thank u all.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by feminineA: 3:32pm On Apr 30, 2012
You can take her to an orphanage maybe one close to your area and decide to sponsor her education or lagos state has a walfare office for kids like this though I don't know where the office is. And you can also adopt her. But you have to be very careful, find out all you can about her from people. Take her for deliverance and be watchful.

The choice is your but be careful before your good deeds will be manipulated
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 3:43pm On Apr 30, 2012
Thanks feminine A for ur contribution but d thing is dat where I saw this child is not in Lagos State, it falls under Ogun State. Also, I can't just take her to an orphanage. From what I was told, she lives with an old woman. If I can at least get d contacts of the Lagos State welfare for kids u are talking about or any good NGO, then I can take them to where I saw this child, so they can take it up.
So pls does anyone have this all important contacts of any NGO that can help this little girl?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by feminineA: 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2012
Ohh thought it was lagos you saw her. Well since she still stays with the old woman while not have a word with her about the child's welfare. Maybe you enroll her in a school around that vicinity and also be sending some money for her upkeep. I doubt if lagos state social service will want to get involved since she's not based here and I don't no much about ogun state social service. Research abeokuta well for an orphanage might see one or two. But though her guardian is old will she release her?
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Ninapha(f): 3:54pm On Apr 30, 2012
speechless. Thousands are going about looking for babies and someone is abandoning hers. What a world.

@ poster, u are right i dont know much about Ogun state welfare services but i would suggest u ask questions and see if there is any way one can get such office and u can also get more close to the grand woman and know her one on one and see what her reactions.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Dyt(f): 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2012
u mean sm1 went thru dose 9mnths of pain, slpnes nyts, horrible childbirth and den decides 2 dump d outcome?
smh
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2012
queenafric: I swear...mere looking at this child, I could sense d insecurity and unhappy on her face and it was so touching, I was almost moved to tears.

I could sense d insecurity and unhappiness on her face. Typo mistake. Got carried away thinking about her there and d word 'unhappy' kept popping into my head. It's a shame that she has to go thru this pain. I cant adopt her...it is a huge responsibility, and not one I can take alone. I will rather want a more capable hand like a welfare for kids to take up her case. I am thinking of going back there on thursday and see if I can speak with the old woman she stays with. Nonetheless, I still desperately need d contacts of any welfare organisation or NGO. Plsssssssssss.....
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2012
More pix. I know there must be someone on this forum that might know one or more contacts of a reputable organisation that can help this little child. Pls don't hesitate to post their contacts...

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2012
Last photo. Pls help out with contacts. I am appealing. I want d best for this poor child.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by kambili190: 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2012
I am not from Nigeria so I don't really know what possibilities you have there but what about contacting UNICEF?

Whatever you do, thank God for people like you. May the Lord bless you!
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by moremi2008(m): 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2012
I think you should mind your business. This child may by malnourished and unkempt, but she is NOT an abandoned child. The child is obviously trying to go after her mother but she'll soon get over it and return back to the old lady. Why do people like to create trouble and drama when there is none? Why don't you focus your energies on the hundreds of babies that are truly abandoned around Lagos every year? When last did you visit an orphanage? Please mind your business and leave the child alone; I hope the end result of this is not trouble for you and your family because I have seen situations where the child's family turns around and accuses the good samaritan of trying to steal the child.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by armyofone(m): 6:08pm On Apr 30, 2012
now this is the problem! Mind your business and leave her that way?
common! at least chip in a good word of someone reaching out to the old woman the lil girl stays with.

this little girl can easily fall prey to pedo/child molestors/ra.pist.

moremi2008: I think you should mind your business. This child may by malnourished and unkempt, but she is NOT an abandoned child. The child is obviously trying to go after her mother but she'll soon get over it and return back to the old lady. Why do people like to create trouble and drama when there is none? Why don't you focus your energies on the hundreds of babies that are truly abandoned around Lagos every year? When last did you visit an orphanage? Please mind your business and leave the child alone; I hope the end result of this is not trouble for you and your family because I have seen situations where the child's family turns around and accuses the good samaritan of trying to steal the child.

being malnourished and unkept calls for others to be their neigbor's keepers don't you think so?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2012
moremi2008: I think you should mind your business. This child may by malnourished and unkempt, but she is NOT an abandoned child. The child is obviously trying to go after her mother but she'll soon get over it and return back to the old lady. Why do people like to create trouble and drama when there is none? Why don't you focus your energies on the hundreds of babies that are truly abandoned around Lagos every year? When last did you visit an orphanage? Please mind your business and leave the child alone; I hope the end result of this is not trouble for you and your family because I have seen situations where the child's family turns around and accuses the good samaritan of trying to steal the child.
U want me to mind my own business? Well, that's impossible, not especially when I saw d state dat child was in. I stated earlier dat she was trying to cross d highway when people screamed and dat caught my attention. From what I heard, she was abandoned by her mother for a long time now, so it is not as if the mother went out and would be back at d end of everyday. A child has a right to good health, good food, and not what I saw today.
Anyway, am sorry to disappoint u, but I aint giving up on her. I'm going back there on Thursday and I will insist on speaking with d old woman.

kambili190: I am not from Nigeria so I don't really know what possibilities you have there but what about contacting UNICEF?

I will google it up and see if I can find their contact. Thanks for d suggestion.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by ijebabe: 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2012
This is truly sad and even worse cos she's not the only one sad. I can only thank God that you want to help this poor child,it might have been His way of blessing her as well undecided
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by kambili190: 7:01pm On Apr 30, 2012

I can't believe someone thinks like this!

it's a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by kambili190: 7:01pm On Apr 30, 2012
queenafric:
U want me to mind my own business? Well, that's impossible, not especially when I saw d state dat child was in. I stated earlier dat she was trying to cross d highway when people screamed and dat caught my attention. From what I heard, she was abandoned by her mother for a long time now, so it is not as if the mother went out and would be back at d end of everyday. A child has a right to good health, good food, and not what I saw today.
Anyway, am sorry to disappoint u, but I aint giving up on her. I'm going back there on Thursday and I will insist on speaking with d old woman.

I will google it up and see if I can find their contact. Thanks for d suggestion.

pls let us know about any progress. so happy to hear someone cares!
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by ifyalways(f): 7:02pm On Apr 30, 2012
Ijebabe,God bless you.
First,can you kindly take down the little girls pictures?The good,bad and ugly are reading,that girl is defenceless.Thank you.

Would you be taking that route tomorrow?If yes and if possible for you,pay the buka woman for food,stay back to make sure she hands the food over to the girl and if your time permits stay back to make sure "she" eats the food.Truth is that the money u gave the girl today would be snatched from her the moment you left.
Can you locate the old woman ie the girls guardian and find out who "abandoned" the girl for her.It could be her son/daughter/or relative or even a stranger.Theres not much you can do now until we get to know how she came about the child.
We'd know a way to help "after" your visit tomorrow.
God bless you.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by moremi2008(m): 7:09pm On Apr 30, 2012
kambili190:

I can't believe someone thinks like this!

it's a shame!

Blah, blah, blah... instead of organizing to protest a thieving, evil government that is depriving MILLIONS of children of basic healthcare, education and nutrition, one woman wants a cheap boost to her ego by "saving" a random unkempt child that lives with her grandmother. Some people just don't think rationally. But of course, it's a free world and she can do as she pleases with her time and money. She came here for opinions and I gave her an educated one. So carry on! Go "save" the "abandoned" pikin and make sure dem no call police on your head for child kidnapping.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by taryour(f): 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2012
queenafric:

God bless u madam
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by kambili190: 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2012
moremi2008:

Blah, blah, blah... instead of organizing to protest a thieving, evil government that is depriving MILLIONS of children of basic healthcare, education and nutrition, one woman wants a cheap boost to her ego by "saving" a random unkempt child that lives with her grandmother. Some people just don't think rationally. But of course, it's a free world and she can do as she pleases with her time and money. She came here for opinions and I gave her an educated one. So carry on! Go "save" the "abandoned" pikin and make sure dem no call police on your head for child kidnapping.

before you complain about the government, no matter how bad it is, try to be the change you wish to see in the world.

apart from this, you don't know the poster so how do you know she needs to boost her ego? is it because you don't do anything that is of no use to your self-esteem?
and yes, it's a free world. so we all have to put up with UNEDUCATED answers s well.
go, hide, do nothing and complain about the government. and if you do anything, make sure, it serves YOUR ego!

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by moremi2008(m): 8:16pm On Apr 30, 2012
kambili190:

before you complain about the government, no matter how bad it is, try to be the change you wish to see in the world.

apart from this, you don't know the poster so how do you know she needs to boost her ego? is it because you don't do anything that is of no use to your self-esteem?
and yes, it's a free world. so we all have to put up with UNEDUCATED answers s well.
go, hide, do nothing and complain about the government. and if you do anything, make sure, it serves YOUR ego!

Hahahaha! I keep my charitable acts to myself; I don't publicize them on NL. Like, I said, carry on! Don't let my comment be a distraction. Go save an "abandoned" child from her grandmother and come back to tell us how that goes. grin
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by agiboma(f): 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2012
@ Op please listen to what Ify has advised. Look forward to your update.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by ifyalways(f): 9:12pm On Apr 30, 2012
Oops, my post was for the OP, queenafric.addressing it to ije babe was an unintended error.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by kambili190: 10:06pm On Apr 30, 2012
moremi2008:

Hahahaha! I keep my charitable acts to myself; I don't publicize them on NL. Like, I said, carry on! Don't let my comment be a distraction. Go save an "abandoned" child from her grandmother and come back to tell us how that goes. grin

I see, you're such a noble person grin
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by mortee: 12:15am On May 01, 2012

Yes, you are a natural pessimist, but then, sis, you could have at least spared a good word for the one who has the heart to care about an innocent little girl. Why on earth would you even think it's just a status booster for the poster? I don't like your line of thought, I must tell you, and you really need to work on it. You are one of those who could run their cars over the girl because you don't see her as good enough to have a life.
And if you keep waiting for the government to take care of situations like this, then the Naija of our dreams won't come soon.
Poster, God bless u jare. Even if you eventually could not locate the girl again, heaven rejoices over you for the care and concern you expressed over the girl. Heaven will take care of you and yours too.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by moremi2008(m): 1:39am On May 01, 2012
mortee:

Yes, you are a natural pessimist, but then, sis, you could have at least spared a good word for the one who has the heart to care about an innocent little girl. Why on earth would you even think it's just a status booster for the poster? I don't like your line of thought, I must tell you, and you really need to work on it. You are one of those who could run their cars over the girl because you don't see her as good enough to have a life.
And if you keep waiting for the government to take care of situations like this, then the Naija of our dreams won't come soon.
Poster, God bless u jare. Even if you eventually could not locate the girl again, heaven rejoices over you for the care and concern you expressed over the girl. Heaven will take care of you and yours too.

LOL! No, I am not a natural pessimist. I am just naturally cynical. Nigerians are typically empty-barrels, inviting God and market-woman emotions into every little thing instead of using their neural cells to think through a permanent, lasting solution. What on earth exactly is the OP hoping to accomplish? Remove the child from her grandmother to an orphanage? Did she bother to talk to the old woman? Did she find and talk to the child's mother first? Does she know if the child is a special needs child, hence why she has stubbornly insisted on hanging out by the roadside? Why do people think they have the right to put somebody else's child in an orphanage because the child looks hungry and unkempt? Why has the OP assumed that because this girl looks desolate, she has nobody in the world to claim her? Some people just like asking for trouble. Sorry, I just have no patience for this kind of thinking (and apologies that I am a little rough around the edges on Nairaland). Like I said earlier, carry on! I am rooting for you all! I hope the poor little girl finds a new home in the home of a kind Nairaland member grin

PS - Run my car over another human being ke? Where did you get that from? God forbid bad thing.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 1:47am On May 01, 2012
yet most Nigerian people would be against ABORTION..........lol! come on now, we see them by the thousands at every street corners of 9ja!
what makes THIS one any different?! there are gazillion of children living off the streets of naija, left to their own, with no one to care for them PROPERLY!

adoption and orphanages are a JOKE in Nigeria therefore if a person is NOT fully prepared emotionally, physically and FINANCIALLY then there is NO REASON they should have a child, N O N E!

yet many bastard pastors would be against abortion but when it is time to help these children in need, they would rather buy private jet instead of helping the needy!!!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Ivynwa(f): 2:03am On May 01, 2012
My heart went out to that poor child, whatever the situation is----abandoned or not abandoned, that child is very unhappy. Whatever made a little child like that have such creases and frowns on her face? What lonesome/frustrated and wretched body language from a child? Whoever birthed her is too cruel to have her looking and feeling like that. She looks like the weight of the world is on her shoulder, how on earth did somebody have that child frowning at life like that? The way she is hanging out unchaperoned like that, the next thing some wicked man with no control over his manhood may want to abuse her.

Miss QueenAfric, i understand your using the picture to pass across your message but it isn't good to leave her picture online too so try and remove it. May God bless you as you seek help for her, I hope that God will through you take off worries off the face of that child.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 5:38am On May 01, 2012
Even if there are hundreds or thousands of these children... I would like to help this child. She matters.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 6:06am On May 01, 2012
^^^ dont get it twisted sista, they ALL matter......and if you are willing and ready to help this one then you should equally help the others too. she is NO DIFFERENT than the gazillion others. so when you go out tomorrow and see them at traffic lights, HELP THOSE ONES as well!
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Ivynwa(f): 6:13am On May 01, 2012
The near wrinkle/frown lines on the face of that child is haunting. I wish from my heart she gets a home and love and care.

Miss Queen do update us on your findings when next you get there, something seems wrong somewhere.I feel so helpless and at the same time wishing that good people of our country will arise and put a smile on the face of that child who had to experience this level of unhappiness and worry at such a tender age when her mates have no worry.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by talisia: 6:18am On May 01, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^ dont get it twisted sista, they ALL matter......and if you are willing and ready to help this one then you should equally help the others too. she is NO DIFFERENT than the gazillion others. so when you go out tomorrow and see them at traffic lights, HELP THOSE ONES as well!

Nothing twisted here MBJ. Im saying ALL matter including her. One step at a time... wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

My Husband Cannot Sexually Satisfy Me, Please Separate Us, Wife / Mother Puts Her Child Inside Pocket (Photo) / My Husband’s “runs Girl” Used Juju On Him; Wife Of Defunct Skye Bank Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.