Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child (50411 Views)

Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police / An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. / The Story Of An Abandoned Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by talisia: 6:19am On May 01, 2012
^^^talina was banned for some unknown reason
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 6:44am On May 01, 2012
Thanks everyone for ur comments. Like ify suggested, I will take down d child's pictures. I plan to visit dat route I saw d girl again on Thursday cos it is outside Lagos but sincerely I don't think I can wait till Thursday anymore cos I keep thinking dat something bad might happen to her b4 I get dia on Thursday, so I av decided to go there today. Will post updates when am back.

As for moremi2008, all I can say to u is dat silence is d best answer for someone like u.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by talisia: 6:50am On May 01, 2012
I will be waitng for your updates....
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 6:59am On May 01, 2012
talisia: ^^^talina was banned for some unknown reason

i was just about to ask if you had brought one of your friend to band against MBJ, lol!
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 7:08am On May 01, 2012
Weldone Queen, but then be very careful in your act and interactions. Study the environment before interfering so that your act of kindness wouldn't be misinterpreted. Abeokuta is unlike Lagos where you could easily have ur way without anyone raising a bait.

Make proper findings, first before involving NGOs because they'd ask you questions. Speak with the granny, ask for the girl's parents' contacts. Who knows, her mum might be interested in keeping her in the orphanage etc.

#yes, she looks like a child with special needs, and would need special attention. I know of a few Orphanage in Akute, Ogun state. I don't know how close that is to her location? Best wishes, dear! Weldone.
Weldone you, God bless..
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by kambili190: 7:19am On May 01, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^ dont get it twisted sista, they ALL matter......and if you are willing and ready to help this one then you should equally help the others too. she is NO DIFFERENT than the gazillion others. so when you go out tomorrow and see them at traffic lights, HELP THOSE ONES as well!

what kind of answer is this? what is your line of argumentation?
if you help one, help all? but if you can't help all, help none? are you serious?
just because you can't help all of these children, it doesn't mean that you should hesitate to help one.
like honestly!

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 7:31am On May 01, 2012
^^^my point was very simple (wonder why you didnt get it): there are gazillion of such kids, and sista Talina will certainly come in contact with a few of them before she gets to work/school tomorrow. these other ones EQUALLY need help, so instead of focusing on ONE child (who already got someone to help her), people should spread the love to the gazillions of other ones as well (or give to all if they can). duh!

the funny part is that many who throw nice words on this thread probably passed in front of a few of these kids (on their way home) and likely didnt lift a finger.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by kambili190: 10:15am On May 01, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^my point was very simple (wonder why you didnt get it): there are gazillion of such kids, and sista Talina will certainly come in contact with a few of them before she gets to work/school tomorrow. these other ones EQUALLY need help, so instead of focusing on ONE child (who already got someone to help her), people should spread the love to the gazillions of other ones as well (or give to all if they can). duh!

the funny part is that many who throw nice words on this thread probably passed in front of a few of these kids (on their way home) and likely didnt lift a finger.

have I said that I don't get your answer? I perfectly understood the point you were making. still, your line of argumentation doesn't make any sense. just because someone tries to help ONE child, it doesn't mean she / he has to save all children. why? because it's not possible. so it's better to help one than to help nobody! it's you who doesn't get something here.

apart from this, this child doesn't look like someone who is being taken care of. have a look at the pictures. look at them carefully! would you like your daughter to look like this? moreover, if it happens that this child happens to get her attention then let it be. maybe it's a turn in her life. maybe she is just being lucky. and there is nothing wrong with that. as someone said before: one step at a time. what's so difficult to understand?
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by agiboma(f): 11:59am On May 01, 2012
@ OP look fwd to your update
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 2:54am On May 02, 2012
kambili190:
have I said that I don't get your answer? I perfectly understood the point you were making. still, your line of argumentation doesn't make any sense. just because someone tries to help ONE child, it doesn't mean she / he has to save all children. why? because it's not possible. so it's better to help one than to help nobody! it's you who doesn't get something here.

does anyone of you got the address of that kid in the picture?! do you know where she is right now? you are all making mouth here while you may have passed RIGHT BY HER on your way home tonight.......... then you come here and say you want to help. the only way to help this particular child is to consciously help them all. if you only notice them when their sad pictures are posted on NL (while in the comfort of your own home) then i weep for thee.

apart from this, this child doesn't look like someone who is being taken care of. have a look at the pictures. look at them carefully! would you like your daughter to look like this? moreover, if it happens that this child happens to get her attention then let it be. maybe it's a turn in her life. maybe she is just being lucky. and there is nothing wrong with that. as someone said before: one step at a time. what's so difficult to understand?

well how would you feel if someone would drive right by your helpless daughter/son in the street, while claiming they want to "HELP"?
you are talking of helping this child....ok, fair enough. so care to tell us all how you DID help her? do you even live in that city? do you have that kid's mobile number? email? bank account to wire the fund? lol! and yet you are wasting time on NL saying "you wanna help HER", when MILLIONS are right at your door step needing help, and you do absolutely NOTHING.

the ones who need our help are the ones closest to us, so if you live in Abuja then help kids there, if you live in Lagos then help the ones there etc. they ALL need our help!
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 4:11am On May 02, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

does anyone of you got the address of that kid in the picture?! do you know where she is right now? you are all making mouth here while you may have passed RIGHT BY HER on your way home tonight.......... then you come here and say you want to help. the only way to help this particular child is to consciously help them all. if you only notice them when their sad pictures are posted on NL (while in the comfort of your own home) then i weep for thee.

well how would you feel if someone would drive right by your helpless daughter/son in the street, while claiming they want to "HELP"?
you are talking of helping this child....ok, fair enough. so care to tell us all how you DID help her? do you even live in that city? do you have that kid's mobile number? email? bank account to wire the fund? lol! and yet you are wasting time on NL saying "you wanna help HER", when MILLIONS are right at your door step needing help, and you do absolutely NOTHING.

the ones who need our help are the ones closest to us, so if you live in Abuja then help kids there, if you live in Lagos then help the ones there etc. they ALL need our help!

MBJ undecided , Who I choose to help is NONE of your business. You know nothing about me or where I live so please stop your mocking and rudeness.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 2:07pm On May 02, 2012
Updates...

Due to a last min emergency dat I had to attend to, I couldn't make yesterday's trip to visit d location where I saw d abandoned child but I did visit there today and am sending this update from around there.
I went there with a male friend just incase any yawa wants to gas but fortunately nothing dey happen..lol. I was able to see d woman who d child lives with. She said she is d mother of d child's father.

Queenafric: Good afternoon ma. (I explained my mission to her). With so much emotion, she explained that d mother of d child abandoned her since she was 8 months old. The child's mother has remarried now.

Child's grandma: Her name is Ayomide (Surname withheld). She is over 10years old (looked on in shock cos d child look like she is 3-4yrs old). Her mother abandonded her and has remarried now. No one is ready to take d child. I went to her (child's maternal granny) granny to see if we can rotate d child's welfare between ourselves but she refused. Instead she said we should find a big sack, put d child inside and throw it into a big river. That she isn't interested in a child who isn't normal.

The child can't talk but she can hear whatever u tell her. Because of these problems and d shame, I had to leave Lagos where I reside and moved to this village. I have been the one caring for this child since she was 8 months old. As u can see, I make garri for a living(I met her peeling some cassava). I am always busy peeling this cassava that I barely av d time to run after this child all d time( the child roam about when she isn't looking). Each basket of cassava that I peel is N100. People always tell me they use to stop her as she has attempted to cross d highway all d time. I will welcome any help from kind nigerians or d goverment. I don't mind if they take her away to a safe place as long as I can visit her.

Queenafric: mama, I can't promise u anything now till I give feedback to d people that saw my post, but what about her father?

Child's gradma: I gave birth to her father but if u want to meet or talk to her father, I can take u to him or tell him to report to my house here though he lives in Lagos.

Queenafric: ok ma. I will get back to u as soon as possible. Thanks for ur time ma.

Then I collected her phone number. So fellow nairalanders, this is d case o! We need to help this child in whatever way we can. Or any other suggestion pls...
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 2:42pm On May 02, 2012
Picture of d child's grandma wit child in d background.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by kambili190: 3:38pm On May 02, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

in my country, children at this age don't live on streets. so I have never seen a child like that.
however, I still believe that an individual is not able to help EVERYBODY. we are not allmighty. you have the right to have your own opinion and I partly agree BUT I still believe that it is better to help one person / child at a time that to help nobody. to help everybody is impossible.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 4:57pm On May 02, 2012
Hello all,
Was wondering why d child's grandma's pix was showing, then I realised it was because d files were too large. Will re-send pictures when I get back to Lagos. Meanwhile, d appeal is still on to help this child.
Thanks
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 5:47pm On May 02, 2012
Picture of d child's grandma with d child in d background.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 5:51pm On May 02, 2012
The grandma got emotional narrating d child's story.

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by agiboma(f): 6:41pm On May 02, 2012
Well I am totally lost for words here. Is the niraland charity gonna set something up so people can donate if they can?
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by ifyalways(f): 6:58pm On May 02, 2012
Weldone and good job queenafric. May God bless you for your courage.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 7:14pm On May 02, 2012
Thanks Ify, just like agiboma said, I am also lost for words. U need to see this child, u will never believe she is over 10 yrs old. Her skin looks so dry and she is so gaunt.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by moremi2008(m): 7:55pm On May 02, 2012
Thanks for getting back to the boards. My instincts about the child were right. She is a special needs case and she isn't "abandoned." There are two approaches to helping the girl here:

1) Provide some financial aid to the grandmother (this is probably the most straightforward approach but there is no guarantee that the girl's condition will change even with money)
2) Removing the child to some type of orphanage with her guardians' approval: Are there orphanages that open to taking in a child with special needs?

I prefer option 1. I don't think it's fair for a child that has family to take up a spot that would otherwise belong to a truly abandoned child. Just my opinion though. Carry on! Good job Mother Theresa! smiley
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by ifyalways(f): 8:05pm On May 02, 2012
Had to go through your last report again.The saddest part is that Ayomide's mom and dad are somewhere in Lagos having the time of their lives.
They might even be here on nld,fbk-ing or busy on twitter.

Dis life sef.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by armyofone(m): 8:14pm On May 02, 2012
i think that girl lack food/nutrients. 10years old looking like 3years old? she is not eating well.
i think she should be taken from grandma as she does not have the means to care for her.
Ify, can the organization do something about her case?

Moremi, don't go yet. we need ya financial assistance jo.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by r231(m): 12:07am On May 03, 2012
where is the kid
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by OAM4J: 2:41am On May 03, 2012
Well done queenafric for all your efforts.

The child definitely needs help, proper care and special school.

r231: where is the kid

Somewhere in Abeokuta with the grandmother.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 6:24am On May 03, 2012
No matter whatever I decide to give this child and her granny, I acknowledge it can never be enough neither will it ever make a difference except u all chip in ur widow's mite. Therefore, I am appealing to kind nairalanders on this child's behalf to please help them out in whatever way u can. I am not interested in handling any money on their behalf. All am after is for them to be assisted and for a smile to return to their faces. For verification purpose, I am willing to take anyone to where I found them. All u need do is to just nominate a trusted person.

Moderators, pls I need this to be on d HOMEPAGE! I want more people to see it. I don't want this case to die out plssssss..... Am I sounding desperate? Well...at dis point, it doesn't really matter to me anymore.
Thanks for reading.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by r231(m): 9:15am On May 03, 2012
queenafric: No matter whatever I decide to give this child and her granny, I acknowledge it can never be enough neither will it ever make a difference except u all chip in ur widow's mite. Therefore, I am appealing to kind nairalanders on this child's behalf to please help them out in whatever way u can. I am not interested in handling any money on their behalf. All am after is for them to be assisted and for a smile to return to their faces. For verification purpose, I am willing to take anyone to where I found them. All u need do is to just nominate a trusted person.

Moderators, pls I need this to be on d HOMEPAGE! I want more people to see it. I don't want this case to die out plssssss..... Am I sounding desperate? Well...at dis point, it doesn't really matter to me anymore.
Thanks for reading.

please email nairalandcharity@gmail.com or msg https://www./tehnc/

lets talk and see what TeHN can do

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 9:18am On May 03, 2012
the grandma already said that she aint got time for this mute child, so giving money to her wont solve the issue of wandering around busy highways etc. an orphanage or place for special children should be found. i think i saw one of these places advertised here a few weeks ago. this kid needs some better support, and grandma cant provide that.

as for:"Instead she said we should find a big sack, put d child inside and throw it into a big river"......... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 10:44am On May 03, 2012
r231:

please email nairalandcharity@gmail.com or msg https://www./tehnc/

lets talk and see what TeHN can do

This is real good news! Will do dat rightaway.

MRbrownJAY:

as for:"Instead she said we should find a big sack, put d child inside and throw it into a big river"......... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

This comment was made by d child's maternal grandma, not d one she presently live with.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by omorolani(f): 11:38am On May 03, 2012
It's sad. Children the world over are the most hit by the evils of this world. They are abused, abandoned, raped, killed etc. On my blog recently, I wrote about the customs of a particular tribe that allows kids as little as 10 to get pregnant and have children. Ihttp://sistasconnect..com/ I started the piece by stating that children who should still be playing with dolls are actually acting out real mother roles. We can all make a difference by reporting such cases to at the nearest police station. It is the Police that now contacts the nearest orphanage and makes arrangement for them. No orphanage is allowed to take a child in without a Police report and permit.

http://sistasconnect..com/
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 11:49am On May 03, 2012
queenafric:
This comment was made by d child's maternal grandma, not d one she presently live with.

it is still a harsh thing to say from a grandma, about her grandchild.....but then again, the child's parents probably think the same way.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 2:00pm On May 03, 2012
More than harsh and inhuman..and it's so sad.

MRbrownJAY:

it is still a harsh thing to say from a grandma, about her grandchild.....but then again, the child's parents probably think the same way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

My Wife Wants To Leave Me / New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage / Funny Pictures Of Kids And Their Dads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.