Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application (25026 Views)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / S'African Police Invade Nigerian Embassy Over Visa Refusal To South Africans / Check Out My Refusal And Tbaba83 (m) Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by diddy11(m): 8:28am On May 01, 2012
Hello house. I seek the help of all those knowledgeable in this area for their advice: I applied for a visitors visa to the uk last year. I submitted all relevant documents such as: my payslip of about 115, ooo, letter of introduction from my employer,letter of appointment, my staff id card ,evidence of current payment to my professional body,nepa bill,evidence of hotel reservation and bank statement of about 1.2 million. However, I was refused on the following grounds: You state that you are an administrative officer and earn 115,ooo per month. I must take into account your personal and economic circumstance in Nigeria when coming to my decision. You have submitted no evidence of assets, savings or property in Nigeria.You have submitted no evidence of strong or financial ties in Nigeria. There4, I am not satisfied that you are seeking a genuine visit or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. 41(i) and (ii) . You have stated that in your visa application form that you will be financing yourself in the UK at a cost of 1500pounds. This is equivalent to 3months salary. You state you know no one in the UK. I am not satified that this amount is genuiely available for your trip or that you intend to spend this amount on a 6 day holiday. There4, I am not satified that you will be genuiely maintained in the UK or that yoy are able to meet the cost of the onward journey. 41(vi) and (vii). I have there4 refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the releveant Parargraph of the UK immigration Rules. Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the nationality immigration and asylum act 2002 (www.legislation.gov.uk). I must say that after going through the ECO decision I was dumbfounded as I felt he was biased in coming to his conclusion, furthermore, I felt a bank statement of 1.2 million was evidence that I could support my trip to the uk, I have no intention to appeal, instead, I want to re-apply, what can I do right this time around? House I am at your mercy.
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by justwise(m): 9:49am On May 01, 2012
diddy11: Hello house. I seek the help of all those knowledgeable in this area for their advice: I applied for a visitors visa to the uk last year. I submitted all relevant documents such as: my payslip of about 115, ooo, letter of introduction from my employer,letter of appointment, my staff id card ,evidence of current payment to my professional body,nepa bill,evidence of hotel reservation and bank statement of about 1.2 million. However, I was refused on the following grounds: You state that you are an administrative officer and earn 115,ooo per month. I must take into account your personal and economic circumstance in Nigeria when coming to my decision. You have submitted no evidence of assets, savings or property in Nigeria.You have submitted no evidence of strong or financial ties in Nigeria. There4, I am not satisfied that you are seeking a genuine visit or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. 41(i) and (ii) . You have stated that in your visa application form that you will be financing yourself in the UK at a cost of 1500pounds. This is equivalent to 3months salary. You state you know no one in the UK. I am not satified that this amount is genuiely available for your trip or that you intend to spend this amount on a 6 day holiday. There4, I am not satified that you will be genuiely maintained in the UK or that yoy are able to meet the cost of the onward journey. 41(vi) and (vii). I have there4 refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the releveant Parargraph of the UK immigration Rules. Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the nationality immigration and asylum act 2002 (www.legislation.gov.uk). I must say that after going through the ECO decision I was dumbfounded as I felt he was biased in coming to his conclusion, furthermore, I felt a bank statement of 1.2 million was evidence that I could support my trip to the uk, I have no intention to appeal, instead, I want to re-apply, what can I do right this time around? House I am at your mercy.

In that letter of appointment did it state how long you have being with the company? If yes. . how long was that?
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by diddy11(m): 9:58am On May 01, 2012
Yes, the introductory letter from my employer dated september 13, 2011 stated that I had been with the company since september 18, 2009 iethat I had been working with the company for close to 2years but I was still refused.
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by justwise(m): 10:40am On May 01, 2012
diddy11: Yes, the introductory letter from my employer dated september 13, 2011 stated that I had been with the company since september 18, 2009 iethat I had been working with the company for close to 2years but I was still refused.

Has your situation changed since the last refusal? Are you married now, have properties, financially stronger? Got promoted?
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by diddy11(m): 11:15am On May 01, 2012
Well, I am financially stronger now but don't have any property yet, so wat do you suggest I dor
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by justwise(m): 12:57pm On May 01, 2012
diddy11: Well, I am financially stronger now but don't have any property yet, so wat do you suggest I dor

I suggest you wait until you have stronger tie to Nigeria, probably married, property, higher pay so as to avoid another refusal.
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by diddy11(m): 2:12pm On May 01, 2012
Hold up, are you sayin if am not married, have no property I might not be given a visa? What if I get someone with strong financial backing eg an uncle, who is willingly to sponsor my airfare, while I just pay for my food and accomodation?
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by diddy11(m): 10:41pm On Aug 11, 2012
Good evening house. I really need the expertis of those in house who know about uk visa refusal and re-application. I applied about september last year but was refused for reasons I have already mentioned in previous correspondence. Albeit, I wish to re-apply say next month with the help of my my uncle who is sponsoring my trip(airfare and hotel). House, I need your advice on the following issues: 1.since my uncle is sponsoring my trip and paying for the hotel accomodation, I on the other hand will be responsible for my spending money in the uk, now the question is this when ask how much money is available during the trip is it just the spending money I will provide that I will mention. 2.how do I address the question that says 'if some1 other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit, how much money will they give you?please also exlain why they are paying for all or part of your visit?'. Thanks house.
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 12, 2012
Think this through yourself, why would anyone want to spend 1500pounds on a 6day trip?
Don't presume that simply because you can show money that it means you will be issued a visa.

Its not about the cash its about what is reasonable.

So using ur uncle as a sponsor will not make a diffrence . Why would a full grown adult who is earning an income require a relative to pay for his trip.

Get a leave letter from your office and I hope ur account shows evidence of salary payments. And answer why you want to go to the Uk? Cos ur application should reflect that purpose.
Lastly - read the thread on reasons why ppl are refused visas. Its useful.

1 Like

Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by justwise(m): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2012
salsera: Think this through yourself, why would anyone want to spend 1500pounds on a 6day trip?
Don't presume that simply because you can show money that it means you will be issued a visa.

Its not about the cash its about what is reasonable.

So using ur uncle as a sponsor will not make a diffrence . Why would a full grown adult who is earning an income require a relative to pay for his trip.

Get a leave letter from your office and I hope ur account shows evidence of salary payments. And answer why you want to go to the Uk? Cos ur application should reflect that purpose.
Lastly - read the thread on reasons why ppl are refused visas. Its useful.

A++++++++
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by diddy11(m): 7:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
Salsera thks a lot, really didn't think of it that way. So are you saying I should discard the idea of my uncle sponsoring me? Thankfully, my account is a whole lot stronger than last time and I have gotten a leta of introduction from the office. What do u tink are my chances if I apply using only my account?
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by Vicjustice: 10:33pm On Aug 14, 2012
diddy11: Hello house. I seek the help of all those knowledgeable in this area for their advice: I applied for a visitors visa to the uk last year. I submitted all relevant documents such as: my payslip of about 115, ooo, letter of introduction from my employer,letter of appointment, my staff id card ,evidence of current payment to my professional body,nepa bill,evidence of hotel reservation and bank statement of about 1.2 million. However, I was refused on the following grounds: You state that you are an administrative officer and earn 115,ooo per month. I must take into account your personal and economic circumstance in Nigeria when coming to my decision. You have submitted no evidence of assets, savings or property in Nigeria.You have submitted no evidence of strong or financial ties in Nigeria. There4, I am not satisfied that you are seeking a genuine visit or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. 41(i) and (ii) . You have stated that in your visa application form that you will be financing yourself in the UK at a cost of 1500pounds. This is equivalent to 3months salary. You state you know no one in the UK. I am not satified that this amount is genuiely available for your trip or that you intend to spend this amount on a 6 day holiday. There4, I am not satified that you will be genuiely maintained in the UK or that yoy are able to meet the cost of the onward journey. 41(vi) and (vii). I have there4 refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the releveant Parargraph of the UK immigration Rules. Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the nationality immigration and asylum act 2002 (www.legislation.gov.uk). I must say that after going through the ECO decision I was dumbfounded as I felt he was biased in coming to his conclusion, furthermore, I felt a bank statement of 1.2 million was evidence that I could support my trip to the uk, I have no intention to appeal, instead, I want to re-apply, what can I do right this time around? House I am at your mercy.
I have carefully examined your posts and I don't seem to understand what you probably did wrong, so i think it was a bad luck that caused your application to be decided by a stringent visa officer, your visa application (if done orderly) should have been approved because your Job is enough to stand as obligation and home tie.
I've seen people who are less financially imposing getting the visa even though their social ties are also less impressive; you were merely unlucky.
I don't think there's anything much that you can do, except to apply again with a consistent reason and purpose of application, DO NOT INVOLVE ANY SPONSOR and do not lodge (unusual lump sum of) money into your account.
When making your next application, ensure to admit that you have been refused a visa before, and when giving the reason for the refusal, be courageous to express your opinion that the Visa Officer was unfair in his judgement.
A reasonable visa officer would reconsider your circumstances and may approve your visa.

Note: Don't be mislead by the expression "Limited rights of appeal" this expression means NO RIGHTS OF APPEAL whatsoever, therefore you can NOT appeal that decision unless you have the FULL RIGHTS OF APPEAL which is not entitled to those who are applying for tourist visa
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
@diddy11
Use your account
Since you are applying as a tourist - please include your plans for the trip. Research on what tourists do in the UK. Show hotel reservation and an itinery.
I mean if you are planning on a holiday then your application should show it.

Since you have a letter from the office, your salary must reflect in that account or you should have some form of payslips to buttress that.

Lastly - no put 1500pounds for 6 days trip when your salary na 115k and you are single oh. Put a value that reasonably covers your hotel and living expenses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by Vicjustice: 11:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
salsera: @diddy11
Use your account
Since you are applying as a tourist - please include your plans for the trip. Research on what tourists do in the UK. Show hotel reservation and an itinery.
I mean if you are planning on a holiday then your application should show it.

Since you have a letter from the office, your salary must reflect in that account or you should have some form of payslips to buttress that.

Lastly - no put 1500pounds for 6 days trip when your salary na 115k and you are single oh. Put a value that reasonably covers your hotel and living expenses
Perfect, well done
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by Vicjustice: 12:05am On Aug 15, 2012

https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/43
diddy11: Calling on justwise, vicjustice and the rest of the gurus in house. I applied for a tourist visa about this time last year and was denied cuz the ECO officer felt: a)I didn't have strong ties in nigeria. B)that my savings of 800k wasn't enuf. C) sorry but the 3rd reason eludes me at the moment. (Although, I was given the option to appeal I decided not to). So now I am in the process of re-applying and I havve been able to get a leta of sponsorhip frm an uncle as well as his bank statement. Now my questions goes thus: 1) 2 d question that states' if someone is paying for you, how much will they give you?please state why they are paying for you? My ansa is:' 35o for airfare and hotel accomodation for 6nites, then because am his ward.' 2)under additional information asides from listing all the documents I would be submitting with my application what other thing can I say without sounding desperate for the visa. Callin on the Visa gurus in house to kindly come to my aid. Thanks guys
Are you even lying to us? It will be utterly silly to be lying to us while you expect reasonable advice.
Please, explain the discrepancies in the context figures highlighted in Red.
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by diddy11(m): 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
@ vicjustice, i must state that I have no reason to lie about any thing. I made the mistake of quoting 8ook as supposed to 1.2million. i quiet appreciate all your comments though and have decided not to use my uncle as a sponsor, however, I mentioned that I would be taking 7oopounds with me as spending money for a 7days trip(ie 6nites). Do you think the amount I quoted is reasonable. Thanks
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by adelejane: 7:10am On Sep 03, 2012
hi justwise and everyone in the house...i need urgent advise and opinion on this issus....note im a ghanaian
i invited my hushand to vist me in the uk, and he was refused....the decision states:

the decision:
you state that you will finance your intended travel to the uk and have submitted 2 bankstatements in support of this. i note that the barclays bank statement you have submitted is in your company name, and has a closing balance of ghs2771.70 (£923.90 based on £1= ghs3.00). you have also submitted a personal zenith bank statement that shows a closing balance as on 23-7-2012 of ghs999.61 (£333.17).you business account shows a closing balance as on 27-04-12, as this was over 2months prior to your application, i cannot be satisfied that it shows the most recent state of your business finances. i'm therefore unable to be satisfied that there are sufficient funds in this account to cover your flight. regarding your personal account, with a return ticket to the uk csting on average £800.00 (ghs 2400.00) there are insufficient funds to cover the cost of the flight. therefore i am not satisfied that you can support and accomodate yourself and also meet the cost of onward travel from the uk
given the above, i am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry to the uk as a visitor for lesss than 6monts who intened to leave the uk ot that can suppot and accomodate yourself and meet the cost of onward travel from the uk as required by paragraph 41(i) (ii) (vi) and (vii) of hc395.
i have therefore refused your appliation because iam not satisfied on the balance of probabilities, that you meet ll of the requirements of the relelvant paragraph of the unitedkingdom immigration rules.

please justwise and all points to note:

he has been given a right to appeal against this deision under section 82(1) of nationality, immigraion and asylum act 2002.

he submitted a 3months bank statement of his barclay bank account which is his business account starting from 1st april 2012 and ends in june 29 2012 with closing balance of over £3600... this was just weeks prior to application and officer claims he only saw statement of 2months prior to aplication....application was 27th of july 2012.

from what the visa officer has written he claims he only saw an april statement that shows a closing balance on 27-04-2012 meaning he failed to go through my husbands company bank statement carefully and he claims the company bank statement my husband sumitted was over 2months prior to my his visa application so he is not satisfied it shows my husbands most recent state of business finance and he is not satified there are sufficient funds in the business account to cover cost of his flight ( note 3months statement was submitted ending june 2012).

also note my husbands business account runs and operates very well because money goes in and out as he runs his business. i don't know how the officer was blind to see is statement for may and june and he claims he can see just april closing balance which as at end of april had just £923 as clsoing balance... well we still have the bank statement my husband applied with cos the same officer return them.

officer saw his personal bank statement which closing balance as on 23-07-12 was just £333.17. he based his decision on this as he didnt see the other bank statement. i dont know why the officer didnt check carefully before making his decision.

please also note i had boldly indicated in my invitation letter that i was going to be able to accomdate him throughout the duraton of his stay and i even attached my rent agreement. so i dont know why visa officer claims he can't accomodate himself. he seem to ignore documents and didnt go trhough them at all.

my questions:
what do we do next because this decision was made on the 31st of august 2012 and we have got just 28days to send in the appeal.

we want to do the written appeal but i don't know how to go about it. im in uk and he is in ghana.

i know we can either send it in to the tribunal in uk or to the embassy in ghana, but which is the quickest and do we need to get a lawyer in ghana or in the uk. im so confused right now and i need people who know to please advise us on the process to go about it.
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by justwise(m): 8:30am On Sep 03, 2012
adelejane: hi justwise and everyone in the house...i need urgent advise and opinion on this issus....note im a ghanaian
i invited my hushand to vist me in the uk, and he was refused....the decision states:

the decision:
you state that you will finance your intended travel to the uk and have submitted 2 bankstatements in support of this. i note that the barclays bank statement you have submitted is in your company name, and has a closing balance of ghs2771.70 (£923.90 based on £1= ghs3.00). you have also submitted a personal zenith bank statement that shows a closing balance as on 23-7-2012 of ghs999.61 (£333.17).you business account shows a closing balance as on 27-04-12, as this was over 2months prior to your application, i cannot be satisfied that it shows the most recent state of your business finances. i'm therefore unable to be satisfied that there are sufficient funds in this account to cover your flight. regarding your personal account, with a return ticket to the uk csting on average £800.00 (ghs 2400.00) there are insufficient funds to cover the cost of the flight. therefore i am not satisfied that you can support and accomodate yourself and also meet the cost of onward travel from the uk
given the above, i am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry to the uk as a visitor for lesss than 6monts who intened to leave the uk ot that can suppot and accomodate yourself and meet the cost of onward travel from the uk as required by paragraph 41(i) (ii) (vi) and (vii) of hc395.
i have therefore refused your appliation because iam not satisfied on the balance of probabilities, that you meet ll of the requirements of the relelvant paragraph of the unitedkingdom immigration rules.

please justwise and all points to note:

he has been given a right to appeal against this deision under section 82(1) of nationality, immigraion and asylum act 2002.

he submitted a 3months bank statement of his barclay bank account which is his business account starting from 1st april 2012 and ends in june 29 2012 with closing balance of over £3600... this was just weeks prior to application and officer claims he only saw statement of 2months prior to aplication....application was 27th of july 2012.

from what the visa officer has written he claims he only saw an april statement that shows a closing balance on 27-04-2012 meaning he failed to go through my husbands company bank statement carefully and he claims the company bank statement my husband sumitted was over 2months prior to my his visa application so he is not satisfied it shows my husbands most recent state of business finance and he is not satified there are sufficient funds in the business account to cover cost of his flight ( note 3months statement was submitted ending june 2012).

also note my husbands business account runs and operates very well because money goes in and out as he runs his business. i don't know how the officer was blind to see is statement for may and june and he claims he can see just april closing balance which as at end of april had just £923 as clsoing balance... well we still have the bank statement my husband applied with cos the same officer return them.

officer saw his personal bank statement which closing balance as on 23-07-12 was just £333.17. he based his decision on this as he didnt see the other bank statement. i dont know why the officer didnt check carefully before making his decision.

please also note i had boldly indicated in my invitation letter that i was going to be able to accomdate him throughout the duraton of his stay and i even attached my rent agreement. so i dont know why visa officer claims he can't accomodate himself. he seem to ignore documents and didnt go trhough them at all.

my questions:
what do we do next because this decision was made on the 31st of august 2012 and we have got just 28days to send in the appeal.

we want to do the written appeal but i don't know how to go about it. im in uk and he is in ghana.

i know we can either send it in to the tribunal in uk or to the embassy in ghana, but which is the quickest and do we need to get a lawyer in ghana or in the uk. im so confused right now and i need people who know to please advise us on the process to go about it.

Your husband's business account is for the running of his business and can only serve as his tie to Ghana, the ECO will not consider that account interms of his expenses for the trip.

The focus is on his personal bank account/his saves, if the money on that account is not enough for the trip then getting a visa will be an issue.

Your husband will not spend his business money on leisure trip and come back to Ghana to nothing, that is the problem with his application.

The fear might be that he will stay back in the UK since he has not much to go back to in Ghana.
Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 06, 2012
goodmorning.... pls i applied for tier4 visa and got rejected after 3 weeks of waiting and i want to re-apply and i want to know if it will take another 3 weeks wait or they will speed up the processing since i have applied before... please help!!!!! justwise an other people.... how long will it take?.... i have already rectified the reason for refusal

1 Like

Re: Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application by justwise(m): 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
workinprogress: goodmorning.... pls i applied for tier4 visa and got rejected after 3 weeks of waiting and i want to re-apply and i want to know if it will take another 3 weeks wait or they will speed up the processing since i have applied before... please help!!!!! justwise an other people.... how long will it take?.... i have already rectified the reason for refusal

https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4

1 Like

(1)

Trailer Crushes Commercial Buses On Oshodi-Apapa express / Governor Sanwo-Olu Visits Plane Crash Site, No Casualties (Pictures) / A Final Year Student Of Oscohtech Died From Accident Today (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.