Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... (87532 Views)

Poll: Which is the best feed?

Coppens. From holland!.: 69% (18 votes)
Chi feed. from ibadan!: 15% (4 votes)
Durante. From ibadan!: 11% (3 votes)
zeigler from usa!: 0% (0 votes)
Vita feed from jos: 3% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Investment In Catfish Farming (things you need to know) / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by TawaTemi1(f): 2:56pm On Nov 17, 2012
miqos02: I can't find it in ibafo area where do you get in lagos.and by the way does it mean u don't use local feeds
I stay in Ikorodu, very close to the fish farm at Laspotech. I do buy my feeds either at Sabo market or at d fish farm.
I do feed with local but that will be in their 3rd month.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by ayosat(m): 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
Using this opportunity to wish everyone MERRY XMAS and prosperous NEW YEAR.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by akonucheinfo(m): 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
fellow farmers, i have about 1000pieces of fishes with body weight of 800grams each to SALE.. please i need buyers, my farm is at Okota, Ago Palace way Lagos. i will appreciate if i can get market contacts here. thanks here is my number 07035649135
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by 007mayokun(m): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
hello boss,i really like d fact dat u r trying to help we young farmers here and i am really glad. i have some experience on catfish farming as i helped my dad wen he wanted to start his. i wanna start mine now and my ponds are ready,i am using an artificial pond(plastic tanks 2000ltr each). i will really need ur advice on how to get good juveniles and how do identify d shooters cos dat is wat i intend buying. is there anyway i can knw dem pls? i dont wanna make my mistake ryt from d start pls...thanks
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by ayosat(m): 7:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
007mayokun: hello boss,i really like d fact dat u r trying to help we young farmers here and i am really glad. i have some experience on catfish farming as i helped my dad wen he wanted to start his. i wanna start mine now and my ponds are ready,i am using an artificial pond(plastic tanks 2000ltr each). i will really need ur advice on how to get good juveniles and how do identify d shooters cos dat is wat i intend buying. is there anyway i can knw dem pls? i dont wanna make my mistake ryt from d start pls...thanks
sorry there is no way you can identify shooters by yourself except the farmer tells u. So just get ur stock from a reliable farmer and u will be rest assured that they will do well. Goodluck.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by 007mayokun(m): 9:18pm On Jan 15, 2013
Thanks bro,God help us
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by crystads(f): 12:15am On Jan 16, 2013
Hi everyone, a very big 10q 2 u all 4 d educative info given here on NL & must @ d same time comend d op 4 d wonderful job he has done here.......kudos 2 u all! smiley

@tawa-temi pls sis, like how much is a bag of aquafeed?

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by TawaTemi1(f): 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
Tawa-temi pls sis, like how much is a bag of aquafeed?[/quote]

N4,700 at Sabo Market,Ikorodu.

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by miqos02(m): 3:12am On Jan 18, 2013
ayosat: sorry there is no way you can identify shooters by yourself except the farmer tells u. So just get ur stock from a reliable farmer and u will be rest assured that they will do well. Goodluck.
what is the maximum number of fishes for a 2000litre plastic tank?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by ayosat(m): 6:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
miqos02: what is the maximum number of fishes for a 2000litre plastic tank?
for maximum growth do not exceed 250 fingerlings.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by miqos02(m): 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
ayosat: for maximum growth do not exceed 250 fingerlings.
thank you, is it compulsory to cover the tanks?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by crystads(f): 4:26am On Jan 19, 2013
Tawa-Temi:
Tawa-temi pls sis, like how much is a bag of aquafeed?

N4,700 at Sabo Market,Ikorodu.

10x a bunch sis......i appreciate!
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by ayosat(m): 6:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
miqos02: thank you, is it compulsory to cover the tanks?
yes but not with d cover that came with it. U can get a capenter to help u make a cover for it using bigger hole mosquito net. It serves as a protector against birds and also guide the fish from jumping out especially when they are big. Also there would be much more air compare to using the cover that came with it.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by samshoz(m): 12:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
God bless u guyz for the enlightenment. Can anyone help me the price of 2500 litres of plastic pond and what is the maximum fingerlings it can take?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2013
if you have a fish farm running and you intend expanding your production but need access to agricultural loan to boost your production or you want to diversify your agribusiness, our reputable financial institution can assist you with agric. funds here in Nigeria.You can contact me on 08063896204 to express your interest and we get the process started.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by miqos02(m): 4:15pm On Jan 31, 2013
ayosat: yes but not with d cover that came with it. U can get a capenter to help u make a cover for it using bigger hole mosquito net. It serves as a protector against birds and also guide the fish from jumping out especially when they are big. Also there would be much more air compare to using the cover that came with it.
thanks bro
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2013
Hello catfish farmers or intending farmers, our fingerlings and juvenile about 30,000pcs is available for sale at a very reasonable prices, fingerlings ranging from 3gram to 4gram, and average length of 3cm to 4cm and juvenile ranging from 5grams and average length of 5cm to 7cm. The fish are produce from a broodstock weighing (male 1.5kg) and female ( 1.8kg), they are produce in a quiet hatchery and they are feed well to meet a good standard, they are healthy and fast growing fish. You can make a booking with us now.

Home delivery is available within or outside lagos.
Large quantity attract a discount

For more information, call 08053018934 or 07089391123. Or send an email to araratnigeria@gmail.com. You can also check our information blog www.araratnigeria..com or website www.araratnigeria.gnbo.com.ng, or ping us 25F845B8.
Or visit oloruntoba estate ilepa, by sango otta ogun state.

A trial will convince you.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by digi101(m): 8:30pm On Feb 07, 2013
chidad: if you have a fish farm running and you intend expanding your production but need access to agricultural loan to boost your production or you want to diversify your agribusiness, our reputable financial institution can assist you with agric. funds here in Nigeria.You can contact me on 08063896204 to express your interest and we get the process started.
please could you explain the procedure and pre-requirements
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by akonucheinfo(m): 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2013
Hello my farmers, good day to you all. i see the way people rush into fish farming and i just laugh, and say they dont know what they do. people rush into it for money, yeah money.but, just know that if you dont do it well, you stand a chance to loose owfully.

co-farmers will tell you feed this feed that, do it like this, do it like that. farmers arent making the profit as people see's it. the MAJOR gainers in fish farming are the FEED SELLERS and RETAILERS.

I doing fish farming now, but not really get the profit i hoped for. so, i trying to channel my route to Feed destribution. like coppens, vital, multi-feed, and so on.

Am presently doing a research on it, to know the challengies involved. so, i will appreciate all help from you all here.

Please what are the necessary things i need to put in place?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by ghazzal: 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
Tablesize catfish available for sale,, please call 08181525188 or 08074499067
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 7:51pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hello catfish farmers or intending farmers, our fingerlings and juvenile over 30,000pcs is available for sale for the month of march stocking at a very reasonable prices, fingerlings ranging from 3gram to 4gram, and average length of 3cm to 4cm and juvenile ranging from 5grams and average length of 5cm to 7cm. The fish are produce from a broodstock weighing (male 1.5kg) and female ( 1.8kg), they are produce in a quiet hatchery and they are feed well to meet a good standard, they are healthy and fast growing fish. You can make a booking with us now.

For more information, call 08053018934 or 07089391123. Or send an email to araratnigeria@gmail.com. You can also check our information blog www.araratnigeria..com or website www.araratnigeria.gnbo.com.ng, or ping us 25F845B8.

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by olamson(m): 10:41am On Apr 10, 2013
Tilapia In Stock
Fingerling, Young Adult, Adult/Breeder

We do not sell Tilapia Fry.
Bring your own container when picking up Live Tilapia
Self pickup (ONLY)

Please call for pickup time and availability 08036320607
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by suigeneris2(f): 12:17am On Apr 11, 2013
Mr. Awesome:

I don't fabricate pelleting machines but I'm sure if u need one,u could find it at Aba,Enugu or Lagos.I recently bought a small one with a 5 horspower electric motor at Aba for 55k.
[b]please where can I get a complete pelleting machine for fish feeds
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by suigeneris2(f): 12:54am On Apr 11, 2013
aquatic1:

@arramyjay, am not really making it an advert thread, I believe this materials will help *US* all. Here are the prices.

1 PH meter is 16k, 18.5k, 24k
2 PH monitor is 24k, 28k, 33k
3 Auto feeder is 14k, 18k
4 air pump 6500, 8k, 15k, 20k
5 air compressor 19k, 26k
6 air blower 40k,70k, 110k, 130k
7 fish 10naira, 20naira 35naira
8 mobile vat (collapse-able tarpaulin) 70k, 90k, 130k, 180k
9 mobile vat non collapse-able plastic) 35k, 45k, 60k
10 pelleting machine 25k, 60k, 120k, 160k, 250k

But all d product size depends, the vary in sizes and shapes.
. Please I want to ask how many kg can 25k pelleting machine produce. And do I need to buy a grinder along side with d pelleting machine. I also want to ask of the local ingredients to mix for the fish feeds b4 making them into pellets. Thanks
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by outseba(m): 2:52pm On Apr 26, 2013
Tawa-Temi:

I stay in Ikorodu, very close to the fish farm at Laspotech. I do buy my feeds either at Sabo market or at d fish farm.
I do feed with local but that will be in their 3rd month.
helloo,longest time,its me Doctor Seby d corperr doctor wit a fish farm in oyo state,pls wld want ur pin so as to restablish contact. I hv bn tryin to get to u to no avail.awaitin ut response,God bless
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by TawaTemi1(f): 9:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
out seba: helloo,longest time,its me Doctor Seby d corperr doctor wit a fish farm in oyo state,pls wld want ur pin so as to restablish contact. I hv bn tryin to get to u to no avail.awaitin ut response,God bless

Hey my Doc, how u dey? My BB is out of reach now cos d antenna is faulty. I do receive poor signal on it, will see if it can come up this week. I would have given you my GSM nos,but u know this is a public forum! If u don't mind, u can drop urs and I will give u a call ASAP.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by robonski15(m): 8:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by Etranshub(m): 5:07pm On May 01, 2013
BETHSAIDAL NAIJA

INVITES YOU TO THE

ONE (1) DAY PRACTICAL TRAINING AND WORKSHOP

ON INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES

IN

FISH AND GRASSCUTTER FARMING

TRAINING OBJECTIVES:

To expose participants to the rudiments of grasscutter/fish farming production and hatchery management
To acquaint participants with modern techniques in grasscutter and fish farming
To equip the participants with financial and relevant knowledge of best practice in aquaculture and rodent farming.
To expose the participants to how to process, package and prepare export document for both catfish and grasscutter
And many moreā€¦..

DATE: Every 4th Saturday of the months of May, June, July, August, September, October, November & December 2013.

VENUE: RCCG Shalom Chapel 20 Mohamed road Abule Egba. Oja Oba bus-stop Lagos

Flowchart: Alternate Process: FEE: N5, 000.00TIME: 10:00am prompt

FEE: N5, 000.00

BENEFIT OF OUR WORKSHOP

v 3 Months free consultation

v Free manual on catfish and grass-cutter farming (Titled...A-Z of catfish and grass-cutter farming)

v Connection to our partner bank for startup loan at low interest rate (Micro-finance bank)

v Golden voucher (This gives you free 100 pieces of fingerlings)

For further enquiries and reservation contact

The Chief Operating Officer

Bethsaidal Farms

45 itele road, otuye bus-stop adeleye aparadija

Ogun State. Tel 08028515745, 08167488947

Twitter:@bethsaidalnaija Facebook:Bethsaidal
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 8:05am On May 02, 2013
For the month of may stocking

Hello catfish farmers or intending farmers, our fingerlings and juvenile over 50,000pcs is available for sale for the month of may stocking at a very reasonable prices, fingerlings ranging from 3gram to 4gram, and average length of 3cm to 4cm and juvenile ranging from 5grams and average length of 5cm to 7cm. The fish are produce from a broodstock weighing (male 1.7kg) and female ( 2.2kg), they are produce in a quiet hatchery and they are feed well to meet a good standard, they are healthy and fast growing fish. You can make a booking with us now.

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by jamp: 5:35pm On May 28, 2013
good job
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 9:04am On Jun 19, 2013
Am very sorry for those that call that I can't meet up with their demand of fingerlings and juvenile, I have some pond construction for my clients, that's why there is little fish available for the month of june, but am now back to produce you better quantity and quality of fish starting from today.

For the month of july stocking

Hello catfish farmers or intending farmers, our fingerlings and juvenile over 40,000pcs is available for sale for the month of may stocking at a very reasonable prices, fingerlings ranging from 3gram to 4gram, and average length of 3cm to 4cm and juvenile ranging from 5grams and average length of 5cm to 7cm. The fish are produce from a broodstock weighing (male 1.2kg) and female ( 1.8kg), they are produce in a quiet hatchery and they are feed well to meet a good standard, they are healthy and fast growing fish. You can make a booking with us now.

Or visit oloruntoba estate ilepa, via ifo by sango otta ogun state.

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
CATFISH FARMING SEMINAR
ARARAT NIGERIA ENTERPRISES

invites you to a one (1) day full practical seminar on investment opportunities in catfish fingerlings production.

TRAINING OBJECTIVES
1) Catfish Fingerlings production and hatchery management
2)Fish disease control and stress management

TARGETED AUDIENCE
1 Aspiring catfish farmer
2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
4 Student
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR
* To see and know how to perform the hatchery on your own
* Free guidelines on catfish fingerlings production
* free testing of your water
* how to extract the male sperm without killing the fish
* how to remove the pituitaries gland from the skull and use to inject
* how to hatch up to 20,000 fries
* free testing of your water pH ( bring your water when coming)
* 10% discount if payment is made
before the date of the seminar

Venue: abeokuta exp way ilepa akokan bus-stop, by oloruntoba estate ifo, ogun state
Time: 10am
Date: saturday 10th august 2013

For enquiry
Visit www.araratnigeria..com
araratnigeria@gmail.com
08053018934, 07089391123 or bb:25F845B8

This is the way ararat nigeria enterprises is helping the intending farmers and establish farmers with a give away price seminar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Strange Bird Killed By Fulani / Giant Fish Caught In Lake At IITA Ibadan. / Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.