Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,446 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Is Ican Recognized Globally? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Ican Recognized Globally? (4334 Views)

List Of Internationally Recognized Nigerian Universities And Their World Ranking / List Of Universities In Ghana Accredited & Recognized In Nigeria / University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ican Recognized Globally? by Ugosample(m): 1:02am On May 02, 2012
I just wanted to know whether ICAN certification is recognized globally. I just started the journey and i want to know if the certification would be recognized globally. I never wanted to go for ACCA because i have faith in anything organized by Nigerians. A positive response to this post will be highly appreciated.
Re: Is Ican Recognized Globally? by contra(m): 10:03am On May 02, 2012
ICAN is a member of the global accounting body (IFAC). In this regard i believe its recognised globally. Having said that i believe also that some countries might demand that you provide further requirement b4 you can practice. This might be due to differences in the local laws of these countries.
Presently, wit the ICAN syllabus you're being prepared for the global market as financial statement are prepared in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). An average ICAN Certified member can fit into any society that uses the new IFRSs.
Re: Is Ican Recognized Globally? by franktolk(m): 10:56am On May 02, 2012
My Guy dont get deceived oooo. I qualified as a Chartered Accountant under ICAN in 2003, and I can boldly tell you that in reality ICAN is not 100 percent globally accepted. For Instance, I live in the UK and I've never been considered for an accounting Job simply becos I dont have ACCA or CIMA. The only instance where I've seen its acceptance is Australia, and that is when you want to join one of the accounting Bodies; they do accept accountant from an accounting body registered under IFAC.

My Best advice for you is to go for ACCA,CIMA or even CFA. once beaten , twice shy ooooo.
Re: Is Ican Recognized Globally? by kellyjessy1gma: 11:35am On Feb 14, 2013
ICAN is very important for every successful accountant.
Contact Topfield Tutors for ICAN ATS, Foundation Intermediate and PE I in Lagos, Quiz Packs available
1, Onasanya Close, Awodi Ora, Ajegunle, Apapa, Lagos
Call 08020647499, 07041850660
or Email: gbolaboonasanya@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Admission On Jamb & That On School Website / In Dependence By Sarah Ladipo Manyika - Free PDF Download / MAPOLY FRESHERS ::: Cheap Accomodation Info For You; Click Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.