Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:09 PM

Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? (3305 Views)

Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? / Czech President Impeached For State Pardon / Why Isn't CNN Reporting The Recent Acorn Scandal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by BigB11(m): 4:47am On Nov 12, 2007
There is nothing hobbles a President so much as impeachment, but in Pres Bush's case it seems that impeachment is out of the question; even though, impeachment is clearly written all over his face and actions.

I wonder why it was OK for Americans to quickly consider President Clinton to be impeached over personal issues, but on the other hand, it's OK for President Bush to continue with his illegal operations and drag American economic through the dark brutal mud without any impeachment consideration?

I smell fish!
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by ettehgate(m): 1:11pm On Nov 12, 2007
@big bi,
no let our americanised bro catch you o
if davidilan and co catch you

IMPEACH gOD?
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by TayoD1(m): 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2007
@Big B1,

Can you please itemize the impeachable offences commited by Bush? You need to back up your list with the relevant laws that were violated. That you want him impeached does not mean he deserves it.

@ettehgate,

Why the naming of names and not addressing the issue? These tendencies to run around in circles is making nairaland uninspiring. We are meant to discuss issues and not get hung up on personalities. Please desist from these acts.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2007
OH BROTHER!!!!
Tayo-D:

@Big B1,

Can you please itemize the impeachable offences commited by Bush? You need to back up your list with the relevant laws that were violated. That you want him impeached does not mean he deserves it.

@ettehgate,

Why the naming of names and not addressing the issue? These tendencies to run around in circles is making nairaland uninspiring. We are meant to discuss issues and not get hung up on personalities. Please desist from these acts.

I concur,
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Iman3(m): 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2007
@Big B1

Has it occured to you that the reason why Democrat leaders are not even mooting the possibility of impeachment is because there are actually no grounds for impeaching Bush.You can read all the tripe you find on the web,but once you strip away the Bush hating frenzy,nothing Bush has done is ground for impeachment.

Clinton lied under oath which in the US is a felony.If it was you that lied under oath in the US,you would have ended up in jail.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Mamajama(m): 4:09pm On Nov 12, 2007
@I-man Clinton lied under oath my ass. What credibility does Bush has in invading IRAQ?

Was the war not perpetuated by deception?

What part of the world do you live in. This administration is watching people loosing their houses to foreclosure and nothing has been done. The forclosure rate is over 2 Million people have been defrauded with Mortgage scam.

This administration cant rebuild New Orleans and yet we are wasting innocent soldiers life in IRAQ and Afghanistan.

I just Wish the democrats have some balls and do what they were elected to do. BUSH and Chaney should have been impeached long before now.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Mamajama(m): 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2007
9/11 less than 4000 people were killed . BUSH war has destroyed many lives and families.

Over 20,000 injured soldiers.

There have been 4,161 coalition deaths -- 3,858 Americans, two Australians, 171 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, one Czech, seven Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Fijian, one Hungarian, 33 Italians, one Kazakh, one Korean, three Latvian, 22 Poles, three Romanians, five Salvadoran, four Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians -- in the war in Iraq as of November 9, 2007, according to a CNN count. (Graphical breakdown of casualties). The list below is the names of the soldiers, Marines, airmen, sailors and Coast Guardsmen whose deaths have been reported by their country's governments. The list also includes seven employees of the U.S. Defense Department. At least 28,327 U.S. troops have been wounded in action, according to the Pentagon. View casualties in the war in Afghanistan and examine U.S. war casualties dating back to the Revolutionary War.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/index.html

Look at the casualties of war?
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by BigB11(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2007
The topic says "why isn't Bush impeached" not "why Big B1 isn't impeached"

Stay focused and direct your post to the topic!
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Iman3(m): 5:02pm On Nov 12, 2007
Mamajama:

@I-man Clinton lied under oath my ass. What credibility does Bush has in invading IRAQ?

Was the war not perpetuated by deception?

What part of the world do you live in. This administration is watching people loosing their houses to foreclosure and nothing has been done. The forclosure rate is over 2 Million people have been defrauded with Mortgage scam.

This administration can't rebuild New Orleans and yet we are wasting innocent soldiers life in IRAQ and Afghanistan.

I just Wish the democrats have some balls and do what they were elected to do. BUSH and Chaney should have been impeached long before now.

All the things you mentioned,foreclosure,New Orleans,the war in Iraq,are not impeachable offences.Was the war not perpetuated by deception?Absolutely not.If it was,Democrats would have started impeachment proceedings.Bush has approval rating in the 30s,what do Democrats stand to lose if they start impeachment proceedings if they have grounds for impeachment?

Nothing. . . .they can't start impeachment proceedings,because people who are smarter and more knowledgeable than you know that you can't start proceedings when the proceedings will expose the whole"Bush lied,people died" meme as misleading.

Bush lied that there were WMDs in Iraq?,when Clinton was in office,he justified the sanctions on Iraq(which cost 1 million lives) on the basis of Iraq's collaboration with Al-Qaeda and its possesion of WMDs. . . . .so if Bush was lying,what was Clinton doing?Having intercourse with the facts?The guy even came down to the UK then,to tell us that if he was still President,he would have invaded Iraq. . . . .if Democrats seek to impeach Bush for something they were asserting to be true-that Saddam had WMDs-then it will boomerang on them.They are smarter than that and they know what they are doing.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by McKren(m): 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2007
What can be more hideous than taking a country to war on false intelligence

Perhaps it is not a big enough offence because those dieing in Iraq are mostly the children of those who have no say in the future of America.

Has any Senator lost his son or daughter in Iraq?

Watch out for the movie Lions for Lambs, and see the true picture.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Iman3(m): 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2007
McKren:

Lawyer McKren. . . .taking the country to war on false intelligence is not an impeachable offence.Have you heard of a man called JFK?He put Americans in Vietnam which eventually cost 58,000 American lives.American soldiers were dying at the rate of 300 a week. . . . .neither he nor LBJ have attracted much criticism nor suggestion that they should have been impeached.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by BigB11(m): 5:12pm On Nov 12, 2007

Perhaps it is not a big enough offence because those dieing in Iraq are mostly the children of those who have no say in the future of America.

Incredible point!
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by fakedavid: 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2007
Because there are no arm chair critics and pessimistics in America as it is in Nigeria.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by McKren(m): 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2007
I-man:

Lawyer McKren. . . .taking the country to war on false intelligence is not an impeachable offence.Have you heard of a man called JFK?He put Americans in Vietnam which eventually cost 58,000 American lives.American soldiers were dying at the rate of 300 a week. . . . .neither he nor LBJ have attracted much criticism nor suggestion that they should have been impeached.

Well I was expecting you to tell me the false intelligence for which the Vietnam War was based on not at the rate or amount of lives lost. What makes an intelligence false is not the amount of lives lost
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Iman3(m): 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2007
McKren:

Yet US military personnel keep voting Republican and voted overwhelmingly for Bush in the last 2 Presidential elections.Many of these law makers know what military combat is. . . .there are many veterans in Congress and Senator James Webb's son is serving in Iraq but he hasn't even considered impeachment as justified. . . .go figure

A movie,Lion for Lambs,is your source of information?
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by McKren(m): 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2007
davidyland@yahoo.com:

Because there are no arm chair critics and pessimistics in America has it is in Nigeria.

Nope!!!

Americans easily get carried away by "we against them scenario"

A President who has no clue whatsoever how to revive his country's dwindling economy can simply create a "we against them scenario" just to earn popularity amongst Americans. Just like Bush is trying to do with Iran instead of tackling the failing american economy.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Iman3(m): 5:23pm On Nov 12, 2007
McKren:

Well I was expecting you to tell me the false intelligence for which the Vietnam War was based on not at the rate or amount of lives lost. What makes an intelligence false is not the amount of lives lost

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_Incident

You might want to read up on the Gulf of Tonkin incident

That intelligence is false is not an impeachable offence.If it was,Clinton committed an impeachable offence by relying on that same intelligence to tell us that Iraq had WMDs and were collaborating with Al Qaeda.Which brings us back to square one,as the Democrats would not impeach Bush for saying in effect what his predecessor was saying
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by McKren(m): 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2007
A movie,Lion for Lambs,is your source of information?

Lets say hypotethically that it is my source of information like you want to make it look. Tell me why I should take you more seriously than Robert Redford.

Post your CV online to support your argument
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by McKren(m): 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2007
LOL a man who does not think a Movie by Robert Redford is credible enough to be cited in an argument is quoting wikipedia.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Iman3(m): 5:35pm On Nov 12, 2007
McKren:

LOL a man who does not think a Movie by Robert Redford is credible enough to be cited in an argument is quoting wikipedia.

The Gulf of Tonkin incident is well known.Google it,its history and not a movie. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Gulf+of+Tonkin+incident&btnG=Google+Search

Ok,you want to learn history from Hollywood?You have Robert Redford,I have Chuck Norris who has a different perspective.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Seun(m): 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2007
Movies are for entertainment while encyclopedias are for information.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by McKren(m): 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2007
The truth is what you choose to bellieve

But was just making a point that citing the views of a well accomplished Business man in his movie is a more credible reference than a version of history from an unedited public  acsessed website like wikipedia.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2007
I'm just wondering why Yar Adua has not yet been impeached. Thousands are dying too in Nigeria everyday.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Iman3(m): 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2007
McKren:

The truth is what you choose to bellieve

But was just making a point that citing the views of a well accomplished Business man in his movie is a more credible reference than a version of history from an unedited public acsessed website like wikipedia.

There are thousands of "well accomplished business men" who disagree with Robert Redford.Since when did movies become a source of historical facts because they were made by "well accomplished business men"?
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by McKren(m): 5:58pm On Nov 12, 2007
Ok agreed

The movie is not a credible reference

Back to the topic

Do you also disagree that Gorge W Bush is a waste of space as President.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Iman3(m): 6:02pm On Nov 12, 2007
McKren:

Back to the topic

Is that also an impeachable offence ? grin The question has no bearing to the issue of impeachment
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by BigB11(m): 6:06pm On Nov 12, 2007
This is what I think:

It is obvious that Bush's opponent refuses to impeach Bush not because he's unimpeachable, but simply to protect the image and future of United States.
Impeaching Bush at this point has enormous punitive damages than being advantageous to the image of America to the outsiders (who also crave for her downfall).
This is also why leadership standard in United States is untouchable. The oppositions are not only thinking about selves or today; they are more concerned about the future of the great image of the United States of America. And they clearly understand that carrying out an impeachment process for President Bush could result into a major impractical collapse of the great country.

If Bush gets impeached successfully:
It will also give a solid premise to successfully try president Bush for War crime.
American president being considered or tried for war crime will send a wrong message, which will further capacitate the stamina of the enemies.

I truly believe that this is the main reason why Bush must be left alone to finish his despicable and disreputable term.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2007
McKren:

Considering you are neither a US citizen neither do you live in the US . . . it is strange that you should be a lot more concerned about the US president than your own waste of space er . . sorry president.
Is Yar Adua better than GWB?
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Iman3(m): 6:16pm On Nov 12, 2007
Big B1:

This is what I think:

It is obvious that Bush's opponent refuses to impeach Bush not because he's unimpeachable, but simply to protect the image and future of United States.
Impeaching Bush at this point has enormous punitive damages than being advantageous to the image of America to the outsiders (who also crave for her downfall).
This is also why leadership standard in United States is untouchable. The oppositions are not only thinking about selves or today; they are more concerned about the future of the great image of the United States of America. And they clearly understand that carrying out an impeachment process for President Bush could result into a major impractical collapse of the great country.

It will also give a solid premise to successfully try president Bush for War crime.
American president being considered or tried for war crime will send a wrong message, which will further capacitate the stamina of the enemies.

I truly believe that this is the main reason why Bush must be left alone to finish his despicable and disreputable term.

The simple answer is that are no grounds for impeachment.Given the modern fad to hate Bush,just look at this thread,impeaching Bush would "improve America's image".
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Afam(m): 6:32pm On Nov 12, 2007
Big B1:

This is what I think:

I completely agree with the post above.

It is all about protecting the office of the president and not the president himself.
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2007
Big B1:

This is what I think:

The same people who came within a hair's breath of impeaching an even more successful Bill Clinton? shocked
Re: Why isn't Bush Impeached as yet? by Iman3(m): 6:39pm On Nov 12, 2007
davidylan:

The same people who came within a hair's breath of impeaching an even more successful Bill Clinton? shocked

When the facts elude them,they resort to fantasy explanations.

How would an impeachment harm the image of America when Bush hating is the modern fad around the world?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is Israel! (warning:pictures Are Horrific!) / Who Of These United States Presidents Looks Scared Of President Putin Of Russia / Russia Will Forcefully Take Back Alaska From U.S, If Provoked (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.