Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. - Educational Services (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. (63435 Views)

Jamb Computer Based Test To Hold May 18th To June 1st, Result Checking Site Down / A New Scholarship Opportunity For Nigerian Students / Study Abroad Free. Full Scholarship Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by alleviate2002us(m): 3:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
am so going to suscribe for the next batch. @joaquin, i hail you!! you too much. just keep your peeps here posted aite!

many thanks!!
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by wunnam: 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
Wow! it will a pleasure to see the face of sefless Jaoquin64.thanks for the wonderful info. the following statement in the letter make it seem to me that the two semesters turkish course is not compulsory for those of us in the English intructed schools.Could you clarify.
''Students placed in departments instructing in Turkish will get one-year Turkish preparation course (Turkish preparation support is given for one year within Turkiye Scholarships'' thx
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Veneka: 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
joaquin64: @veneka. I just called the university and spoke to their Doctoral program for natural and applied sciences (took a wild guess you are of this field) and confirmed that it is 100% taught in English. Now, I would personally like you to go further and call one of the numbers on their websites to confirm this for yourself as well only problem is that they may find it difficult replying you in English but would transfer you to their international student office. I have gone as far as this to get the information directly from the horses mouth. But feel free to still post the course you are doing and visit their website in English, get a phone number from one of their staffs in your department and feel free to post it here and I would call and ask them. Cheers.

Thanks a lot. You went to a lot of trouble on my behalf, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I am not in that department, I was selected for a PhD in Business Administration. Yea, I did try calling, and I could not get past the Turkish Language barrier as no one I got on the phone spoke more than two words of English. Here is a link to the departmental site: http://sbe.gantep.edu.tr/ (it is in Turkish). I also found this number (342) 317-1895 for a Doç.Dr. Hilmi Bayraktar (Müdür), I called that number as well but the person that answered spoke no English. So if you could please help me find out, I'd be in your debt for real. Thank you once again.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
wunnam: Wow! it will a pleasure to see the face of sefless Jaoquin64.thanks for the wonderful info. the following statement in the letter make it seem to me that the two semesters turkish course is not compulsory for those of us in the English intructed schools.Could you clarify.
''Students placed in departments instructing in Turkish will get one-year Turkish preparation course (Turkish preparation support is given for one year within Turkiye Scholarships'' thx

lol...no escaping it sir...as far as I know, it is an absolute must for every scholarship student. Maybe the rules have changed, I do not know, but I highly doubt it. It is part of your scholarship agreement and it is paid for by them. Please call the embassy to find out as this may have been changed BUT I do not think it has.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2012
Husnaink14: i didnt sign the scholarship contract yet....need some guidance and information......will u help me on this??

My post directly after your last comment was also referring to you sir, in case you did not realize. Please do not be confused. I did not fully understand your problem though. Was nuclear engineering not your choice you wanted? You do know Hacettepe is one of Turkeys best universities right? although in the field of medicine, but still very standard in other fields... and they hardly choose people to get into Hacettepe so I would consider you very lucky. You ma apply for change of course here, but this is usually a very tricky process for undergraduates. Good Luck on whatever decision you take.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by crixix: 7:07pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hello!!
I got the scholarship to study ın Kocaeli University in Izmit to study European Union Politics and International Relations Master Programe With Thesis. I have read all your posts and I wonder if you know wether this university has a good masters degree program or not (I have been told that is quite new and its social student life is very active), If you can choose your university after you sign your scholarshıp contract (not very sure about this point) and if you can sign this contract while being in Turkey (which is my case) I hope someone can help me clarıfy these points! Thank you in advance!!
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by osram(m): 7:25am On Sep 07, 2012
It seems no undergraduate was selected from nigeria...
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by bleshzie: 7:56am On Sep 07, 2012
I'm a Nigerian.I also got a Masters scholarship into KOCAELI university bt I don't knw hw to go about the turkish translation of our documents which we were asked to come with.Can anyone help with any information as regards this? Thanks in anticipation
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by electronicengr: 11:39am On Sep 07, 2012
Hello Dear joaquin64, Glad to see a such helping person, May God bless you.
I have been selected for Masters in Systems and control engineering at Bogazici university, Istanbul.
Do you have any idea regarding the scope of this university and life there?
The program comprises eight courses corresponding to a minimum of 24 credits, a non-credit graduate seminar and a Master's thesis. So exactly how much total time duration will it take. Program is in english medium then do I need to take turkish language classes initially, if yes then how long will it take. I need to complete it as early as possible.
And how much stipend will be provided to masters student and how much amount is sufficient to live a comfort life there?
and what about the accommodation and food expenses?

1 Like

Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by sambagurd: 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2012
Does the turkey scholarship contract to be signed require me to return to my home country as soon as the education time period is over?
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by osram(m): 4:59pm On Sep 07, 2012
sambagurd: Does the turkey scholarship contract to be signed require me to return to my home country as soon as the education time period is over?
which country are you from? are u an undergraduate or masters?
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Husnaink14: 10:42pm On Sep 07, 2012
joaquin64:

My post directly after your last comment was also referring to you sir, in case you did not realize. Please do not be confused. I did not fully understand your problem though. Was nuclear engineering not your choice you wanted? You do know Hacettepe is one of Turkeys best universities right? although in the field of medicine, but still very standard in other fields... and they hardly choose people to get into Hacettepe so I would consider you very lucky. You ma apply for change of course here, but this is usually a very tricky process for undergraduates. Good Luck on whatever decision you take.
i like the field , but i dont know abt the scope of nuclear engineering ....and is it okay for a pakistani muslim to be a nuclear engineer?/
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 9:28am On Sep 09, 2012
Veneka:

Thanks a lot. You went to a lot of trouble on my behalf, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I am not in that department, I was selected for a PhD in Business Administration. Yea, I did try calling, and I could not get past the Turkish Language barrier as no one I got on the phone spoke more than two words of English. Here is a link to the departmental site: http://sbe.gantep.edu.tr/ (it is in Turkish). I also found this number (342) 317-1895 for a Doç.Dr. Hilmi Bayraktar (Müdür), I called that number as well but the person that answered spoke no English. So if you could please help me find out, I'd be in your debt for real. Thank you once again.

I called but could not get through for some reason. Sorry. I will try again. But you can try again or send an email directly to the person.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 9:29am On Sep 09, 2012
Husnaink14:
i like the field , but i dont know abt the scope of nuclear engineering ....and is it okay for a pakistani muslim to be a nuclear engineer?/

Lol. Neither do I have an answer to both your questions...
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2012
electronic.engr:
Hello Dear joaquin64, Glad to see a such helping person, May God bless you.
I have been selected for Masters in Systems and control engineering at Bogazici university, Istanbul.
Do you have any idea regarding the scope of this university and life there?
The program comprises eight courses corresponding to a minimum of 24 credits, a non-credit graduate seminar and a Master's thesis. So exactly how much total time duration will it take. Program is in english medium then do I need to take turkish language classes initially, if yes then how long will it take. I need to complete it as early as possible.
And how much stipend will be provided to masters student and how much amount is sufficient to live a comfort life there?
and what about the accommodation and food expenses?

Bogazici(the g is silent) is Turkeys Number 4. The best for Social sciences and in general. Total English. Istanbul is a great place to be. Lots of tourists and a fast life. 2years (4 semesters) for a masters course, first for your school courses and the last year for your thesis. However you can split your courses to span the entire 4 semesters. for instance you can take only 3 courses in each semester. Graduate seminar is compulsory and though is usually a 3 credit course, it is not counted to your total credit load. Except the rules have changed, I am sorry but you MUST still do the turkish language class for one year (7-8months) before you can begin your university next year september. As for the rest of your other questions, Kindly read my earlier posts as all details are there. Good Luck.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Husnaink14: 10:50am On Sep 10, 2012
any undergraduates here im an undergraduate ,got scholarship and got admission in hecettepe uni in nuclear power engineering....are there anymore undergrads??
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
@joaquin64

Thank you for this useful thread. It is the best source of info about Turkish scholarships on the Internet.

I have recently received the Turkish Govt scholarship for PhD at Istanbul University (Dept of Electrical and Electronics Engineering). But their website does not have enough information, so I would be obliged if some one can give me the foll info:-

- Where is the Dept of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of Istanbul University located in Istanbul ?
- If some one does not stay in University accomodation, how much money is given for rent ? (I have a family, so I will not be staying in dormitories)
- You mentioned that transportation in Istanbul is free for scholarship students. How to avail this facility ?
- I have been asked to apply for Student Visa by 21 Sept 2012. Then I have to attend Turkish Language course. But I dont know when the session will start ?
- Any one studying at Istanbul University on this forum ?

Thanks.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2012
AlphaCentaur: @joaquin64

Thank you for this useful thread. It is the best source of info about Turkish scholarships on the Internet.

I have recently received the Turkish Govt scholarship for PhD at Istanbul University (Dept of Electrical and Electronics Engineering). But their website does not have enough information, so I would be obliged if some one can give me the foll info:-

- Where is the Dept of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of Istanbul University located in Istanbul ?
- If some one does not stay in University accomodation, how much money is given for rent ? (I have a family, so I will not be staying in dormitories)
- You mentioned that transportation in Istanbul is free for scholarship students. How to avail this facility ?
- I have been asked to apply for Student Visa by 21 Sept 2012. Then I have to attend Turkish Language course. But I dont know when the session will start ?
- Any one studying at Istanbul University on this forum ?

Most of your questions you will need to find out when you are here and not from me. I don't live in Istanbul so I cannot tell you where your department is located. Your answers are in my previous threads. Please take time to go through and read all. Good Luck.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2012
ok ... thanks ...

joaquin64:

Most of your questions you will need to find out when you are here and not from me. I don't live in Istanbul so I cannot tell you where your department is located. Your answers are in my previous threads. Please take time to go through and read all. Good Luck.

Thanks.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by crixix: 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hello again, does anybody know something about Kocaeli university? I have been told its a very bad university and not well known in turkey, and also, do you know if you can change the university? Thank you!!
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Veneka: 8:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
I really don't know about the changing university part because the contract you will be made to sign explicitly forbids you from requesting for a department or university change....something to consider.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by nacida: 9:41pm On Sep 13, 2012
Hi!! First of all thanks for telling us your experience, it has been so interesting to read it. I´ve just got one question (I couldn´t find any post speaking about it if you have written before I´m sorry). but, do you know if in the contract you are signing something about continuance? I mean, I´d have to study one year turkish before my master so I´m wondering if after that year, imagine, I get a job (I have a kind of an offer which is not sure for next year) and I don´t continue studing the master... would I have to refund all the money they´ve given me before?? Maybe you are signing that you are oblied to finish your master in order to have the scholarship?
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 8:59am On Sep 14, 2012
nacida: Hi!! First of all thanks for telling us your experience, it has been so interesting to read it. I´ve just got one question (I couldn´t find any post speaking about it if you have written before I´m sorry). but, do you know if in the contract you are signing something about continuance? I mean, I´d have to study one year turkish before my master so I´m wondering if after that year, imagine, I get a job (I have a kind of an offer which is not sure for next year) and I don´t continue studing the master... would I have to refund all the money they´ve given me before?? Maybe you are signing that you are oblied to finish your master in order to have the scholarship?

Naaah. I am pretty sure it is not that way. If u finish and feel it is not for you, you can inform them you are leaving. Noone will ask you to pay anything back. Some have left for personal reasons I know. It is totally your decision to go further or not.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
hi all..i recently signed my contract..hope all goes well..

i just need one clarification..is the turkish language training compulsory for every one? ( even if the medium of instruction is english )

if yes, can some one please post a website link here..i need it because i have to prove it to my employer..
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by nacida: 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Thanks for your previous answer, you know more than the workers in the embassy!! hehe. Last questions (I´ll try), when did you start your turkish course? maybe in the middle of october..(to have an idea of when to go to Turkey) and what level do you have to pass to continue studing your master? I mean maybe B2 ..did you know some turkish before going there or did you start learning from 0 level?? THANKSSSSSSS for your help!
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by nacida: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
AlphaCentaur: hi all..i recently signed my contract..hope all goes well..

i just need one clarification..is the turkish language training compulsory for every one? ( even if the medium of instruction is english )

if yes, can some one please post a website link here..i need it because i have to prove it to my employer..
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 2:45am On Sep 15, 2012
nacida: Thanks for your previous answer, you know more than the workers in the embassy!! hehe. Last questions (I´ll try), when did you start your turkish course? maybe in the middle of october..(to have an idea of when to go to Turkey) and what level do you have to pass to continue studing your master? I mean maybe B2 ..did you know some turkish before going there or did you start learning from 0 level?? THANKSSSSSSS for your help!

you have to reach C-1 proficiency in Turkish language before starting your studies ...
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 2:47am On Sep 15, 2012
hi all..my question still remains unanswered..I would appreciate your help ...

i recently signed my contract..hope all goes well..

i just need one clarification..is the turkish language training compulsory for every one? ( even if the medium of instruction is english ) (I got this information from the local Turkish Embassy)

Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
AlphaCentaur: hi all..my question still remains unanswered..I would appreciate your help ...

i recently signed my contract..hope all goes well..

i just need one clarification..is the turkish language training compulsory for every one? ( even if the medium of instruction is english ) (I got this information from the local Turkish Embassy)

Except the rules have changed this year, It is a must for all who accept the scholarship. No exceptions whosoever. I do not know the website link for that though, sorry.

1 Like

Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 4:28am On Sep 16, 2012
joaquin64:

Except the rules have changed this year, It is a must for all who accept the scholarship. No exceptions whosoever. I do not know the website link for that though, sorry.

thanks for the info..but I am desperately looking for a website link, as my employer will not let me avail the scholarship ...
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Fatone91: 9:57am On Sep 16, 2012
hello, does anyone know about the visas... Does the embassy take care of the fees?

1 Like

Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 6:18pm On Sep 16, 2012
Fatone91: hello, does anyone know about the visas... Does the embassy take care of the fees?

there has been no Visa fee for scholarship holders in the previous years ... however, in the emails received this year, it was specifically mentioned that Visa fee is required at the time of applying Visa ... but my local Embassy has told me not to pay the fee, till the make a final clarification with the Ministry ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

GRE And TOEFL Examinations / STUDY IN REPUBLIC OF BENIN,COTONOU 2016/2017 ENROLLMENT / Secrets Of Smashing JAMB With High Scores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.