Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako (5114 Views)

Sunshine Star Fans Beat Referee And Camera Man To Pulp During A Match (pics) / Sunshine Stars Football Club Players Held Hostage By Fans After Football (pics) / NPFL: Sunshine Stars Vs Warri Wolves Fc (2 - 1) On 18 June 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 03, 2012
The unrest in Bamako, the Malian capital took another dimension in the early hours of Thursday as the Malian Army forces stormed Hotel Columbus where the players and officials are lodged and searched their rooms.

The soldiers who stormed the hotel around 2.am (3. am Nigeria time) knocked at the door of goalkeeper Segun Oluwaniyi (Room 218) and thoroughly searched his room as he was asked of his identity.

Meanwhile, other players refused to open their doors for fear of being harmed by the soldiers who were said to be fully armed.

Speaking after the incident from Bamako, Oluwaniyi said he nearly pass out when he saw the solders at his door at that odd hour.

“I have never experience such in my lifetime, they (solders) knocked at my door around 2. am and I asked who is it and they said they are securities, I summoned the courage and open the door and I saw battalions of soldiers in front of my room with a lot of ammunition, I was scared but one of the soldiers who speaks English said they are here because of the situation in the country that they want to check my identity.I brought out my passport and they checked all my belongings.”

“They checked the bathroom, wardrobe; I told them we are still in Bamako because, we missed our flight because of the prevailing situation of the country. He then asked me how many of us are in the hotel and I told , so I told him that we are ten. After that, they left my room and told me to be calm. It was a scary experience but at the same time I give thanks to God.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/malian-solders-storm-sunshine-stars-hotel-as-ondo-state-plans-rescue-mission/
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:25pm On May 03, 2012
Mimiko does what he must, does GEJ do anything at all but condole

1 Like

Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by Mynd44: 8:41pm On May 03, 2012
Wait are you telling me that a governor can order a military aircraft on a mission in a foreign country?
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by kokoA(m): 8:46pm On May 03, 2012
Wetin carry dem go mali? Dem no dey hear news about wetin dey hapen abi to play ball na by force?
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by Yeske2(m): 8:57pm On May 03, 2012
How OP get the story sef?
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 03, 2012
Mynd_44: Wait are you telling me that a governor can order a military aircraft on a mission in a foreign country?
Abi when a presido falls to perform his duty, those who know how would surely assist him
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by muyoto: 9:01pm On May 03, 2012
Speaking after the incident from Bamako, Oluwaniyi [b]said he nearly pass
out [/b]when he saw the solders at his door at that odd hour

becos of soja he wan pass out?? grin grin

BTW where is the source of this story?
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 03, 2012
Yeske!:
Na how OP take get story make u dey find,
Ok I dey Bamako, does dat make u happy?
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 03, 2012

1 Like

Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by Mynd44: 9:33pm On May 03, 2012
ogbeche77:
Abi when a presido falls to perform his duty, those who know how would surely assist him
I am no fan of GEJ but I don't like it when people especially other political office holders try to score cheap political points
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by 999666: 9:57pm On May 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
I am no fan of GEJ but I don't like it when people especially other political office holders try to score cheap political points
So he should abandon ondo state players in mali? Everyone knows that a state governor cannot issue orders to the airforce. The best he can do is to notify the president of the urgency of the situation (if he is not aware) and if permitted liaise with the airfore authority on logistics (e.g provide information about the total number of sunshine stars contingent trapped in mali and their location, make arrangement for their relocation back to ondo state after evacuation and some financial commitment towards the operation if asked/requested). Its not about scoring cheap political point but doing what he ought to do.

1 Like

Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
So trying to rescue stranded Nigerians in a country that is in the middle of a political crises is according to u 'Scoring Political Points'
Mynd u can do better than this, I av been following Ur post on NL for kingdom come but this Ur post fall my hand.. Seriously?

And also don't forget they are players of sunshine stars ( Sponsored by Ondo State Govt)... So who do u think should be responsible for there well being? CAF? U go wait grow methuselah bears
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by Mynd44: 10:12pm On May 03, 2012
ogbeche77:
So trying to rescue stranded Nigerians in a country that is in the middle of a political crises is according to u 'Scoring Political Points'
Mynd u can do better than this, I av been following Ur post on NL for kingdom come but this Ur post fall my hand.. Seriously?

And also don't forget they are players of sunshine stars ( Sponsored by Ondo State Govt)... So who do u think should be responsible for there well being? CAF? U go wait grow methuselah bears
You seem to be missing my point here. I did not say he should abandon them but the article said he ordered the commissioner to arrange for military jet to fly the players back which gives us the impression that it is within the commissioner's powers to do that. That power still reside with the CIC which unfortunately is that retardeen living in Aso Rock
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by Yeske2(m): 6:30am On May 04, 2012
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by LailaIkeji1: 1:12pm On May 04, 2012
Mynd_44:
You seem to be missing my point here. I did not say he should abandon them but the article said he ordered the commissioner to arrange for military jet to fly the players back which gives us the impression that it is within the commissioner's powers to do that. That power still reside with the CIC which unfortunately is that retardeen living in Aso Rock

oh my!! GEJ don suffer. I feel you tho.
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by begwong: 1:13pm On May 04, 2012
Yeske!:
source: www.sunnewsonline.com
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by begwong: 1:13pm On May 04, 2012
muyoto:

becos of soja he wan pass out?? grin grin

BTW where is the source of this story?
www.sunnewsonline.com
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by Xtfield(m): 1:25pm On May 04, 2012
A clear evidence that our government does not value the lives of her citizens. Can this happen to an American or British Team? I'm sure Obama or Cameron would have ordered their immediate evacuation by all means. Let's just pray that the players return home in peace. And some people will admonish that we be ready to die for this nation! A nation that offers its citizens no protection within and outside its borders!
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by kay1one(m): 1:53pm On May 04, 2012
WHY IS IT ONLY BAD NEWS WE GET IN NAIJA THESE DAYS?! HOW ABOUT SOME ECONOMIC OR BIG SOCIAL NEWS?!
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by greentea1: 2:19pm On May 04, 2012
incredible [img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by sireKay: 3:17pm On May 04, 2012
If the Egyptian Government could sent their air force military men to rescue their footballers trapped in Mali, I wonder the kind of government we are parading in Nigeria under the auspices of overwhelmed GEJ. It is well with Sunshine F.C
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by otokx(m): 3:24pm On May 04, 2012
Nigeria is busy making noise in the name of ECOWAS; that is how they always put their citizens in harms way.
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by IFEDILIEZE(m): 7:12pm On May 04, 2012
sire Kay:
If the Egyptian Government could sent their air force military men to rescue their footballers trapped in Mali, I wonder the kind of government we are parading in Nigeria under the auspices of overwhelmed GEJ. It is well with Sunshine F.C
abeg i take God beg u, easy de mention our airforce 4 dis mata, dem no go wan go any rescue op. 4 mali. Pepper soup n stout plenty 4 mess.
Re: Malian Soldiers Raid Sunshine Stars Of Akure FC Hotel In Bamako by jidewin(m): 8:14am On May 05, 2012
IFEDILIEZE: abeg i take God beg u, easy de mention our airforce 4 dis mata, dem no go wan go any rescue op. 4 mali. Pepper soup n stout plenty 4 mess.
Heheheheheh yeheyeheyeheyehe...I laff so tey ppl dey wonder wetin do me...

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Abedi Pele With Kids Andre And Jordan After 1992 Final with CV!! / Is Kanu Nwankwo From Abia State Or Imo State? / Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.