Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah) (3035 Views)

Global Dawah Day Pictures and Updates: Sharing This Beautiful Message / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Parents Attack Daughter With Acid For Talking To Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah) by tbaba1234: 7:27am On May 04, 2012
Tip #1 - Say, THANK YOU...

Start by saying "Thank you..", whenever they try to insult Islam with an abusive question like, "How come you Moslems hate Christians?"

Our belief is, the best way to handle the problems of presenting Islam and putting an end to the abusive attitudes of people from other religions, is to follow the way of Muhammad, peace be upon him, and stop following the ways of the enemies of Islam. This was his way and we try to follow it.

"Thank you for asking me about my religion!.." Imagine their faces when you come back with something very polite and simple. You continue, "You have an interesting question concerning Islam and I congratulate you for seeking correct knowledge about our faith".

Tip #2 - Now you make a statement that usually commits your listener to stay for the answers, "From your question, it seems you really would like to know the real truth about Islam and as a Muslim, it's my duty to share the message of worshipping God as One God, Alone and without any partners."

Tip #3 - Now say - Islam is not what some Muslims do -- Islam is what all Muslims are supposed to do."

Tip #4 - Do not debate or argue. This is against what Allah teaches us in Quran and not what our prophet, peace be upon him taught us. I advise myself and all of us to stop looking for 'loop-holes' in other religions and not to debate with them if it is not necessary. Actually that is a very poor approach if you really want to help others learn the beauty of Islam.

Tip #5
- Muslims cannot lie about anything, especially about our religion. As simple as this sounds, it is something I have found to be important to mention to people in giving dawah. Islam insists on the truth even when it is against us.

Tip $6 - Don't be shy or hesitant to bring the proofs of Islam. Our sources are authentic and still available today in original Arabic language. This is most unique to Islam and not available in other ancient religions.

Tip #7 - Listen closely to what the other person is saying and qualify it against what they really mean. Example: "son of god" may not mean the same to all Christians and may even be a good way to open up the dialog of the Unity of God and how He could not really have a "son" as this would imply many strange things.

Tip #8 - Keep in mind sometimes questions contain statements that are false and should not be treated as questions until the falsehood is removed.

Example: "Is your mother out of jail, yet?" This cannot be answered with "Yes" or "No" because either way it implies that your mother is or has been in jail and this is not true.

Tip #9 - Don't try to be funny, cute or sarcastic. This is distracting and not appropriate.

Tip #10 - Watch for positive feed back. Very often while giving the answer, we hear the person we are talking to saying something like, "I didn't know that." Or they might say, "This is actually something good."

Tip #11
- Stay alert and when this occurs you can ask them, "Are you ready to rethink your position?" Or maybe something like, "Are you prepared to worship your God and your Lord without and partners?"

Yusuf estes
http://www.islamnewsroom.com/answers/48-dawah-secrets-that-really-work
Re: Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah) by tbaba1234: 7:35am On May 04, 2012
Point #1 - Introduce the logic of Aqeedah (correct belief in Allah as the Only One God, Creator, Sustainer and Owner and Ruler of the universe). Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, sent Mu'ath ibn Jabal to Yemen to be the governor and instructed him to, "Teach them At-Tawheed (monotheism of Islam, there is no god to worship except One God and there are no gods beside him). Then if they accept that, teach them the salat (regular ritualistic devotionals often called "prayers"wink, and if they accept that teach them Zakat (charity tax, 2.5% to the poor) and if they accept that teach them fasting (the month of Ramadhan)."

So, even before we discuss salat, zakat or fasting, we must introduce the correct belief of "No god except Allah"

Point #2 - Islam has the proof for everything that it teaches. Authentic and original sources are still available today in the original Arabic language, both in written form and in the recitation and memorization just as it was 1,400 years ago.

Point #3 - Introduce Allahs Quran.com and explain, "It is preserved totally today just as it was 14 centuries ago, in the hearts and minds of over 10 million people walking on the earth today." Or, "It is the only book on earth, that if we lost all the books on earth, we could bring it back exactly, word for word, letter for letter and dot for dot, just as it was during the time of Muhammad, peace be upon him.

Point #4 - Bring up the subject of the hadeeth of the our prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him www.ProphetOfIslam.com and tell them, "More has been accurately narrated and preserved from Muhammad, peace be upon him, than any other living human on earth." Or, "He has been selected as the number one of "The 100 Most Influential Men in History" by Michael H. Hart." Or, "Many famous people have learned the truth about Muhammad, peace be upon him, and have confirmed him to be a true prophet of God.

Point #5 - Take special care in offer your answers. Keep your replies simple and to the point. Do not wander from subject to subject while answering a question.

Point #6 - Patience is an important part of the character of the Muslim and that you must not become angry or outraged at what people say to you or by the questions that they are asking. If you feel that it is too much for you to deal with, then simply walk away.

Point #7 - Stay away from is the so-called miracles about Quran and Islam that are not mentioned in the Quran or in the Sunnah of the prophet, peace be upon him. One example of the idea of some trees in Germany that are twisted around to spell, Laa elaha illa lah, Muhammad rasulullah. This is not true. The picture is a fake and anyone can easily prove this is not real. So where would you be if you had insisted that this was a proof that Islam is the right religion?

Point #8 - Use reason, logic while being gentle. Actually, what is needed most right now, in making dawah, is correct knowledge, gentleness and wisdom. The reason for this is to dispel all the superstitions and lies spread against Islam. All this needs wisdom, patience and perseverance, and such polite methods brings quick results and has rapid effect on the audience.

Consider the wife of Abu Sufyan, Hind and her saying to Muhammad, peace be upon him, after she came to Islam. She said, "I never wanted to see anyone on the face of the earth to be put down more than you and your family. But now, I do not see anyone on the face of the earth more honored than you and your family."

This is a clear example of the prophet's effect on people's hearts and minds through his behavior and manners. Callers to Islam must follow this great example in their efforts to share the message of Islam instead of turning them away.

Point #9 - Always consider your audience and who it is that you are speaking to. If the people are not familiar with the Arabic language, then there is no real need to speak Arabic or make all of your quotes in Arabic and then try to translate everything to English. This is silly and could turn people away.

Remember to keep everything on their level and not try to talk above them or talk down to them.

Finally, we know that you cannot guide anyone to Islam. There is not compulsion in religion. We just plant seeds in the day and then water them in the night (with our tears in the late night prayers, asking Allah to guide these people).

Allah is the All Knower.

All good is from Allah & mistakes were from myself.

May Allah guide us in Truth, ameem,

Salam alaykum - Yusuf Estes -
Re: Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah) by tbaba1234: 7:35am On May 04, 2012
deleted
Re: Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah) by maclatunji: 1:11pm On May 04, 2012
^Excellent! Keep up the good work my brother. May Allah (SWT) reward you abundantly (Ameen).
Re: Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah) by Gbamar(f): 4:53pm On May 04, 2012
May Almighty ALLAH continue to enrich your knowledge. (AMIN).
Re: Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah) by logicboy: 5:06pm On May 04, 2012
I accept that this is a good standard for debating, even as an atheist.

Even still, it doesnt save you from getting questions that would shake your faith a little. Please, tbaba, review this debate you had with me;

https://www.nairaland.com/914444/abandoned-religion-god-today-im/25#10662851

You followed most of your rules but do you think you would win more converts than me if our discussion was a contest?
Re: Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah) by tbaba1234: 7:56pm On May 04, 2012
^My faith can not be shaken by anything you can ask:: Islam has all the answers... Trust me i have had much deeper discussions about faith..

The Quran has dismantled all the contentions, i could possibly have about faith... It will bring you to your knees to if you knew anything about it. Its language alone is mind-blowing...

The tragedy of the muslims is that the Quran is reduced to shallow translations...

I can not guide people to faith.... Only Allah guides!!

1 Like

Re: Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah) by sino(m): 1:47am On May 05, 2012
This is really good. Jazkumullah khayran bro.
Re: Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah) by Tarabye: 6:58am On Nov 26, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Specific Dikr To Recite After Each Fardh Salah In Ramadan. / Can All You Filthy Muslim Terrorists See Your Lives? 500dead And Counting / Share Your Views About Ramadan Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.