Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:57 PM

Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done (5825 Views)

Jonathan Reconciles Gov. Obiano And Peter Obi (pix) / Onitsha-Enugu Road Looking Brand New With Street Lights (Picture) / Beggars’ Strange Prayers: May Jonathan Not Fix Onitsha-Enugu Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by billante(m): 10:49am On May 04, 2012
Once enugu-onitsha expressway is reconstructed modernized and beautified from bridge head to awka with street lights and flowers won't everybody say that peter obi worked! Because every bad conception people have of anambra is because of that road! Its the only eye people use to see onitsha and anambra as a whole especially passersby.

What do you think?
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by achi4u(m): 12:25pm On May 04, 2012
is he the one constructing that road or FG?
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by deshclones(m): 12:40pm On May 04, 2012
achi4u: is he the one constructing that road or FG?

nwanne what is wrong with yellow niggah constructing the said road??

did uduaghan not construct and upgrade the asaba capital territory portion down to river niger,infact complete with street light....so what is stopping yellow niggah aka woman sounding no election conductor peter obi to construct the anambra portion of the road since its obvious 70-80% of people that ply that road are from anambra.. cool cool cool
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by billante(m): 12:57pm On May 04, 2012
@achi4u its FG dat is doing d road presently because it is an FG road! But all d bashing peter obi has received of his govt is because of that road. Even though he has done almost all his own road dat is constitutional his responsibility
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by achi4u(m): 1:18pm On May 04, 2012
@deshclones,the thing tire me oh!,like you pointed out,other serious state govs are working all their roads except SE govonors.look at lagos,gov fashola buldt,contruct and repaired everything on ground not minding weather is FG or State project yet here in the East the revise is always be the case.ok,try travel from Awka to Enugu and Enugu to Abakaliki you will know that the road is a death trap to transporters.which way forward?

n'ikpeazu ogadiriririririri anyi n'ma!
igbo m ji eme onu ekele Oooo cheesy@deshclones,the thing tire me oh!,like you pointed out,other serious state govs are working all their roads except SE govonors.look at lagos,gov fashola buldt,contruct and repaired everything on ground not minding weather is FG or State project yet here in the East the revise is always be the case.ok,try travel from Awka to Enugu and Enugu to Abakaliki you will know that the road is a death trap to transporters.which way forward?

n'ikpeazu ogadiriririririri anyi n'ma!
igbo m ji eme onu ekele Oooo
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by achi4u(m): 1:21pm On May 04, 2012
billante: @achi4u its FG dat is doing d road presently because it is an FG road! But all d bashing peter obi has received of his govt is because of that road. Even though he has done almost all his own road dat is constitutional his responsibility
yea,is FG road but bulding from Onistha to Awka is no big deal.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by billante(m): 2:10pm On May 09, 2012
achi4u: yea,is FG road but bulding from Onistha to Awka is no big deal.

I think he wanted to but FG was drag footing to give him the approval!
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 2:19pm On May 09, 2012
He should fix and beautify the road. The state needs inspiration. I have issues with his choice of fixing roads in Ayamelum and other back areas of Anambra state while neglecting Onitsha the cash cow of the state. If he fixes the money spinning areas, he can tax the areas to raise money to fix rural roads. Anambra should be inspired! The feds can't do that for us.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 2:21pm On May 09, 2012
I also want to warn any Peter Obi supporter here to show us PICTURE PROOF of URBAN ROADS he has build in nearly 6 years of his rule.
If you cannot show us picture proof, then please spare us of talks!
I have one picture of Fegge Onitsha which summarizes my perception of Obis philosophy of leadership, and I will post it here.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 2:25pm On May 09, 2012
Here is Fegge Onitsha! cry angry angry angry

Unless this picture is lying, EVERY Anambrarian should be very angry at this irresponsible neglect of Onitsha.

Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 2:27pm On May 09, 2012
If you take a close look, you would see that fegge is well planned and line up nice. The people are trying by development modern buildings. WHERE IS THE GOVERNOR to build URBAN ROADS? undecided embarassed angry
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by achi4u(m): 2:43pm On May 09, 2012
Onlytruth: If you take a close look, you would see that fegge is well planned and line up nice. The people are trying by development modern buildings. WHERE IS THE GOVERNOR to build URBAN ROADS? undecided embarassed angry
sir,upon all the travels this man has emback on yet he cannot copy or emulate those things out there.
anyway,ther's still time if only he will hear the voice of good people around.though he has tried based on the foundation layed by Chris Ngige(a cat with nine lives)
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by billante(m): 7:45pm On May 09, 2012
Onlytruth: I also want to warn any Peter Obi supporter here to show us PICTURE PROOF of URBAN ROADS he has build in nearly 6 years of his rule.
If you cannot show us picture proof, then please spare us of talks!
I have one picture of Fegge Onitsha which summarizes my perception of Obis philosophy of leadership, and I will post it here.

Am not living at anambra so I can't go on d roads to bring pics! I have only one to upload...but I will list the roads peter did... These are the roads peter obi did:
All most all GRA onitsha roads-( niger drive, park road,new nkisi bent lane hill-otigba cresent etc) enugu road awka rd new & old market rd new cemetry rd,ugwunagbakpa rd,ogbatulenyi rd 33,oraeifti awada!! These and many more just at onitsha...for nnewi: teching hospital road,cutix rd,bank rd,etc for awka: zik avenue and co..and too numerous intra state roads that connect all most the whole villages and towns in anambra

I have an excel sheet that tabulated all the roads in anambra peter and ngige did..ngige did like 150km while peter did like 400km.

Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by ak47mann(m): 10:17pm On May 09, 2012
billante:

Am not living at anambra so I can't go on d roads to bring pics! I have only one to upload...but I will list the roads peter did... These are the roads peter obi did:
All most all GRA onitsha roads-( niger drive, park road,new nkisi bent lane hill-otigba cresent etc) enugu road awka rd new & old market rd new cemetry rd,ugwunagbakpa rd,ogbatulenyi rd 33,oraeifti awada!! These and many more just at onitsha...for nnewi: teching hospital road,cutix rd,bank rd,etc for awka: zik avenue and co..and too numerous intra state roads that connect all most the whole villages and towns in anambra

I have an excel sheet that tabulated all the roads in anambra peter and ngige did..ngige did like 150km while peter did like 400km.
GRA onitsha na my place,guy,niger drive i pass through there all the time coolGRA onitsha is beautiful cool and quiet and well planned..........
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 2:07am On May 10, 2012
billante:

Nwanne those roads (apart from those awada roads) have always been tarred. I want to see the following roads tarred:
Port Harcout road
Ozomagala (assuming it retains bad)
Silas works
Zik's avenue
Creek road
Miss Elem's
Mbonu Ojike
Uga street
Nkrumah
Modebe (though I think that road used to be always tarred)
The whole Iweka road (upper and lower)
Bishop Shanahan street
Ozubulu street
Ofili street
Ukpor street
Niger road
and basically all other FEGGE roads.

Those are the roads that give Onitsha life, making it possible for the beauty of the town to spring forth.
Onitsha remains dead for as long as FEGGE remains dead.

I wish the governor God's speed! cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:38am On May 10, 2012
Onlytruth: Here is Fegge Onitsha! cry angry angry angry

Unless this picture is lying, EVERY Anambrarian should be very angry at this irresponsible neglect of Onitsha.

^^^He's so far spent about six fuc/king years and all we hear are stories and excuses angry? Granted that hardly any infrastructure worthy of note was onground when he resumed office, but you would have expected that by now all roads in Onitsha -at the very least- would be tarred and be looking presentable.

You see why when you discuss with his supporters on here concerning his achievements, all you get are long-winded epistles and plenty grammer, with no pics to back up their claims: it's b'cos there's near fuc/kall to show that's why angry angry angry!!!

Anambra and Abia are punching way below their weight and it's a bloody disgrace.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:41am On May 10, 2012
And please, stop posting pics of roads in GRA Onitsha as part of Obis' achievements b'cos those roads have always been tarred right from when i was in secondary school.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by ak47mann(m): 10:02am On May 10, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
And please, stop posting pics of roads in GRA Onitsha as part of Obis' achievements b'cos those roads have always been tarred right from when i was in secondary school.
true cool
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by billante(m): 2:23pm On May 10, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

guy i grew up at GRA onitsha...all those roads you say are tarred were done as far back as jim nwobodo govt,and all roads as you know have a life span...all those GRA roads were in a deplorable sitation B4 peter rehabilitated them.

Fegge has refused to pay their taxes thats why peter is somehow neglecting them. but port harcourt rd zik avenue miss elems and co were already done by ngige so i dont know why you say they are bad.

fine and good peter obi has not been a marvel in doing big things because his policy has always been even in his private life to live according to the size of your coat.which you may think is poor performance.....but lets give godswill akpabio anambra state budget and let see if he can do what people say he is doing in akwa ibom now with it....for crying out loud 80 billion is anambra state budget this year! what do you expect to be accomplished with that kind of peanut, after paying the huge recurrent expenditure dat came about because of the new minimum wage....and anambra citzens has refused to pay their taxes well because if you ask me thats the only way to raise money to develope the state since we dont receive huge derivation oil money from federation account like akwa ibom rivers delta state etc.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by ak47mann(m): 2:44pm On May 10, 2012
billante:

guy i grew up at GRA onitsha...all those roads you say are tarred were done as far back as jim nwobodo govt,and all roads as you know have a life span...all those GRA roads were in a deplorable sitation B4 peter rehabilitated them.

Fegge has refused to pay their taxes thats why peter is somehow neglecting them. but port harcourt rd zik avenue miss elems and co were already done by ngige so i dont know why you say they are bad.

fine and good peter obi has not been a marvel in doing big things because his policy has always been even in his private life to live according to the size of your coat.which you may think is poor performance.....but lets give godswill akpabio anambra state budget and let see if he can do what people say he is doing in akwa ibom now with it....for crying out loud 80 billion is anambra state budget this year! what do you expect to be accomplished with that kind of peanut, after paying the huge recurrent expenditure dat came about because of the new minimum wage....and anambra citzens has refused to pay their taxes well because if you ask me thats the only way to raise money to develope the state since we dont receive huge derivation oil money from federation account like akwa ibom rivers delta state etc.
so when will anambra state start receiving bigger budget like NDDC states?we have join the league abi.......
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by billante(m): 6:21pm On May 10, 2012
ak47mann: so when will anambra state start receiving bigger budget like NDDC states?we have join the league abi.......
not yet.....will take a while
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 11, 2012
peter obi is wasting our time in anambra state. he cannot point to any major project
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by CyberG: 12:14am On May 12, 2012
Wait, let us get this straight: Are you suggesting if he fixes this one road in 8 years, it will be enough to give high marks to his administration of 8 years?
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by billante(m): 10:29am On May 12, 2012
CyberG: Wait, let us get this straight: Are you suggesting if he fixes this one road in 8 years, it will be enough to give high marks to his administration of 8 years?

In being prudent he will be rated high...in being visionary he will be rated low! He worked with what was available....but won't be said to have embezzled money!! Someone that is leaving office dat is not grooming any successor to me shows he has nothing to hide or has stolen money blindly...he may have used his office to do business! But I don't think they will find anambra money missing when he leaves office.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 6:07pm On May 12, 2012
If I were Obi, I would stop all RURAL road works for the next two years. Rural areas don't pay tax!
I would use the money to fix this road Onitsha-Enugu road, making it an 8 lane corridor with a light rail line in the middle or the side. Then, I would plant TREES and lush green lawns and flowers in the middle areas to shed the entire corridor. The entire stretch should have side walks with paved prefab concrete with a low wall separating the road from the sidewalks.
The whole idea is to give Anambra state a PHYSICAL vision of how the whole state should develop. It should be a yardstick for measuring how other roads should be developed, and inspire economic and recreational activities along the corridor and adjourning areas. Multinational companies and banks will come to locate their offices along this corridor.
I would spend as much as feasible to make this stretch of road a visual guide to Anambra's aspiration as major center of commerce and industry. And yes I would borrow if I have to! cool
I would also design and build a world class international airport somewhere near Onitsha, and I would fix ALL Onitsha roads because that town can fund Anambra state if well developed and inspired. The next governor can then tax Onitsha businesses to fund the rural areas.
Obi should stop wasting our money in Nmiata and Ayamelum. angry
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by MrGlobe(m): 6:48pm On May 12, 2012
^ Hmm... I can bet you that if obi is governor for 30 years he would never think towards this your suggestion. Like the CNPP man said in the other thread, he is too petty. Imagine how the state economy will boom if this is achieved. Is that too much to ask for? Rather he is busy sharing 100K checks to hospitals and building his sabmiller scam brewery. The man is too petty. Its a waste of 8 yrs
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by billante(m): 6:54pm On May 12, 2012
Onlytruth: If I were Obi, I would stop all RURAL road works for the next two years. Rural areas don't pay tax!
I would use the money to fix this road Onitsha-Enugu road, making it an 8 lane corridor with a light rail line in the middle or the side. Then, I would plant TREES and lush green lawns and flowers in the middle areas to shed the entire corridor. The entire stretch should have side walks with paved prefab concrete with a low wall separating the road from the sidewalks.
The whole idea is to give Anambra state a PHYSICAL vision of how the whole state should develop. It should be a yardstick for measuring how other roads should be developed, and inspire economic and recreational activities along the corridor and adjourning areas. Multinational companies and banks will come to locate their offices along this corridor.
I would spend as much as feasible to make this stretch of road a visual guide to Anambra's aspiration as major center of commerce and industry. And yes I would borrow if I have to! cool
I would also design and build a world class international airport somewhere near Onitsha, and I would fix ALL Onitsha roads because that town can fund Anambra state if well developed and inspired. The next governor can then tax Onitsha businesses to fund the rural areas.
Obi should stop wasting our money in Nmiata and Ayamelum. angry

@onlytruth I will disagree with you here..I think it is a waste of scarce resources to do dat! Since FG is already handling it let them finish it ..the best obi can do is to continue to presurizing d FG to finish d job and him to probably beautifying it as he planned to do! That corridor is already congested to actulize ur idea...my best advice to peter obi is to for him to start a new city at otuocha-umuleri axis! There is a lot of empty free haecters of land there! Which is getting scarce in anambra because of the level of individual development dat anambra is know for! That corridor has great potential...it will give d govt opportunity to start from scratch with a good masterplan without demolishing buildings and having law suits to attend to, which actually is what discourages govt from going ahead with modernizing onitsha ,because that's the impediment in beautify onitsha! For example you know what peter obi will go through just to dualize awka road or iweka road! So the best rationale thing is to maintain onitsha as it is retar all bad roads then construct a new city at otuocha well planned with the airport, refinery well structured layouts, shopping malls ,light rail and all basic amenities! Am not saying he should use anambra money to build all these because that will make d project to take eternity to complete....he should just put down d enabling enviroment and bring seasoned investors like fashola is doing with eko atlantic city....I believe dis will de congest onitsha and free it up for controlled administration and good governance.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by MrGlobe(m): 6:54pm On May 12, 2012
billante:

In being prudent he will be rated high...in being visionary he will be rated low! He worked with what was available....but won't be said to have embezzled money!! Someone that is leaving office dat is not grooming any successor to me shows he has nothing to hide or has stolen money blindly...he may have used his office to do business! But I don't think they will find anambra money missing when he leaves office.
very funny. Like we have forgotten the N300million raw cash his boys were caught with in lagos. He cant groom a succesor because anybody he touches will fail from inception. Everybody is distancing themselves from him (ask akunyili). Peter obi is a total failure of leadership. Waste of 8 years
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by billante(m): 7:09pm On May 12, 2012
Mr. Globe:

very funny. Like we have forgotten the N300million raw cash his boys were caught with in lagos. He cant groom a succesor because anybody he touches will fail from inception. Everybody is distancing themselves from him (ask akunyili). Peter obi is a total failure of leadership. Waste of 8 years

I don't think he is a total failure! But not being visionary yes! When a state is in chaos dats when you say someone is a total failure..salaries are being paid road are constructed and rehabilitated old schools are rehabilitated! But model ones like amechi's own is not being done dats why I said he is not visionary. He is just an average leader! 50% pass mark
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by MrGlobe(m): 7:27pm On May 12, 2012
billante:

I don't think he is a total failure! But not being visionary yes! When a state is in chaos dats when you say someone is a total failure..salaries are being paid road are constructed and rehabilitated old schools are rehabilitated! But model ones like amechi's own is not being done dats why I said he is not visionary. He is just an average leader! 50% pass mark
He is not the reason why the state is not in chaos. Its d people. Afterall a certain mbadinuju did not pay salaries and the state was still peaceful. I wonder if he didnt pay salaries, what would he be doing with all the state money because mbadinuju developed STANDARD estates in his time. Do you realize the capital is an eyesore? At a time when most state capitals are construction sites? No planning, dirty, tiny single lane roads, mediocity and all. If he is saying he is working with the little money he has (which in itself is a big lie) what has he ever done to improve the state economy? I hope when his lameduck tenure is over he will relinquish ALL anambra state money he is storing in his Fidelity bank in the name of saving their money (while he is cashing fat interests). I rate him 10% just because of salaries.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Afam4eva(m): 7:37pm On May 12, 2012
@OP
Any government that can fix the Onitsha debacle will have started on a road of the Anambra rennaisance. Vote Soludo for 2014.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by billante(m): 8:06pm On May 12, 2012
afam4eva: @OP
Any government that can fix the Onitsha debacle will have started on a road of the Anambra rennaisance. Vote Soludo for 2014.

Yeah I think soludo is dat visionary go getter leader I have been talking and looking out for! He fits d bill... Its for he to be at d right party and be able to win d election dat is another thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aguleri Is The Ancestral Home Of The Igbos, Not Nri - Daily Sun, July 15, 2014 / Prof. Itse Sagay To Ihejirika(must Read) Pics / Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen: Tales Of Woes From Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.