Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher (2280 Views)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by ApostlePat: 6:48pm On May 04, 2012
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by ApostlePat: 6:49pm On May 04, 2012
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by ApostlePat: 6:50pm On May 04, 2012
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by ApostlePat: 6:51pm On May 04, 2012
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by ApostlePat: 6:54pm On May 04, 2012
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by ApostlePat: 6:55pm On May 04, 2012
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by ApostlePat: 6:57pm On May 04, 2012
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by ApostlePat: 6:58pm On May 04, 2012
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:11pm On May 04, 2012
Haven't bothered watching it but it's just incredible how naive and gullible Nigerians can be as they are swindled and conned of their meagre earnings by the new wave of G.Os, pastors and whatnot in the pentecostal movement where the leaders are worshipped as near-God figures. Leaders who live no differently from politicians. I really despair for this country when I see what blind faith does to desperate people.
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by Ptolomeus(m): 10:15pm On May 04, 2012
The pastor live without working, with luxuries and new car.
The unhappy working all day, restricting their children bread to pay the tithe to the pastor ...
That's not all, the pastor also prohibits sex ...
Nor would the first time, that diezmista's woman is abused by the pastor ... everything can be solved by saying that "Satan tempted him"
Thus the unhappy is the "happiness and peace" in the church ... thanks to your beloved pastor ...
Sadism at the highest level ...
You imagine that pastor working the land on your knees?
That would be divine justice!
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by Jem1: 2:12pm On May 05, 2012
I've watched the debate, Rev Ewuosho was full of superfluous eloquent words. Rich in its verbosity but lacking in the scriptural content required for the engrained, compulsory, monthly, fear ridden (sometimes the fear is based on sublimial messages), 'storehouse only' Tithing required of today Christian.

Inasmuch as he tries to portray it as a principle refusing to label it as following the old testament law, the application of his principle so mirrors an aspect of the Law we might as well concede they have laid down A New Law. Obviously the festival tithe (where the tither ate his tithe) & the poor tithes (for orphans, widows etc.) are ignored (even though it begs a 'Principle' since he loves principles) as they do not put money in the storehouse (now redefined Church/Pastor). (The word 'Storehouse' sends a subliminal message conjuring up images of Malachi curses & the devourer).

The cherry picking is proof that the idea that the Teaching is an act of obedience to God's word is a lie and shows it up as sanctimonious posturing which is inevitable as the foundation for teaching Tithing as compulsory for the Christan is weak.

Maybe we need to have Jesus come back again as It's a shame that the voice for the weak and poor has been silenced by the very ones put in place to be the voice of the downtrodden. The strict demarcation between giving to God and giving to the poor is unnecessary.. It is now part and parcel of giving to God. "When I was hungry you gave Me to eat" NOT "When 'they' were hungry you gave 'them' to eat. When you say the Tithe (today's) belongs to God and it MUST ONLY be taken to 'Your' Storehouse and not the poor, that sir, is another Gospel.

And no Paul was not arguing by seemingly using a sleight of hand for himself to become a Levi or create a brotherhood of a new Levitical Priesthood. It is why he said to "Live off the gospel" NOT "Live off the Temple/Altar". We know they (early Christians) gave generously and cheerfully and the welfare of the people was their primary concern; it is where they directed the Church's resources. 'The poor we always have with us' by Jesus was not supposed to be a cop out asking us to be cold towards them. This is what Jesus meant; NOW Jesus is NOT physically with us, Jesus meant you can now POUR YOUR ALABASTER OIL on the poor.
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by ApostlePat: 3:42pm On May 05, 2012
Hello everybody,

I have been following many other tithe thread on this forum. I am a preacher and I teach tithe in my congregation. I had to go back to God in humility after reading Dr. Russell's book and many other books like that to repent of the lies of tithe I have fed my church with. I had to create another I.D for this forum so as not to be identified, it's because of my personality. This is why I posted the 2 hour video teaching of Dr Russell Kelly and his debate with one Nigerian Pastor on this forum so that many Christians will learn. As a preacher that have heaven in mind, I have to apply wisdom henceforth to stop teaching tithe in my church so they don't see that i have been teaching them lies for long. I will not expose many reasons why we preachers still teach tithe as money but if am to speak for myself, it's all based on taking advantage of the people's ignorant in the word of God and many other things. I will encourage everybeliever to study carefully this subject and especially take time on the subject. We peachers are not honest with this subject because we want money to sponsor many of our lifestyles and therefore we have to use scriptures that favor us and not balance the truth. The problem of many of us is with don't want to leave option for a second thought of what we believed and we believed what we know is true and it must not be wrong. This is unlike Christ. I will urge image123, flourishG and other tithe teachers to consider in their heart if eternity is their goal to back one step back and consider in his heart if truely he is not manipulating the bible verses just to support himself and this tithe teaching. I will also commend goshen, pastorkun, debosky, nuclearboy, jem1, edicolove, BERNIMOORE, KamiLara, russkelly and the likes for their good job on this forum. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by ApostlePat: 3:44pm On May 05, 2012
This is Classic for every Christian.
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by Goshen360(m): 5:14pm On May 05, 2012
What a great eye opener and exposition from Dr. Russell and the debate. A must watch for every believers.
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by PastorKun(m): 5:26pm On May 05, 2012
ApostlePat: Hello everybody,

I have been following many other tithe thread on this forum. I am a preacher and I teach tithe in my congregation. I had to go back to God in humility after reading Dr. Russell's book and many other books like that to repent of the lies of tithe I have fed my church with. I had to create another I.D for this forum so as not to be identified, it's because of my personality. This is why I posted the 2 hour video teaching of Dr Russell Kelly and his debate with one Nigerian Pastor on this forum so that many Christians will learn. As a preacher that have heaven in mind, I have to apply wisdom henceforth to stop teaching tithe in my church so they don't see that i have been teaching them lies for long. I will not expose many reasons why we preachers still teach tithe as money but if am to speak for myself, it's all based on taking advantage of the people's ignorant in the word of God and many other things. I will encourage everybeliever to study carefully this subject and especially take time on the subject. We peachers are not honest with this subject because we want money to sponsor many of our lifestyles and therefore we have to use scriptures that favor us and not balance the truth. The problem of many of us is with don't want to leave option for a second thought of what we believed and we believed what we know is true and it must not be wrong. This is unlike Christ. I will urge image123, flourishG and other tithe teachers to consider in their heart if eternity is their goal to back one step back and consider in his heart if truely he is not manipulating the bible verses just to support himself and this tithe teaching. I will also commend goshen, pastorkun, debosky, nuclearboy, jem1, edicolove, BERNIMOORE, KamiLara, russkelly and the likes for their good job on this forum. God bless you all.

May God continue to reveal himself to you as you strive to serve him in truth and faith.
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by KamiLara: 6:48pm On May 05, 2012
ApostlePat: This is Classic for every Christian.

Goshen360: What a great eye opener and exposition from Dr. Russell and the debate. A must watch for every believers.

Russell turned the table on Rev Mike Kola Ewuosho's sounding-like-a-broken-record "principle" regurgitates
and the lame dogma he tried forcibly to assert, that, tithing is a principle.

Russell counteracted, toyed with the word principle a bit before he then unpretentiously introduced "The First Hermeneutic"
- Hermeneutics incidentally is the study of the principles of interpretation concerning the books of the Bible

Russell set out explaining to a now sheepish Rev Mike Kola Ewuosho that
"The first principle of interpretation when you look at the Bible, is to whom was it written to ..."

Makes you wonder why the Reverend hasnt yet considered claiming his tuition back from the seminary that ordained him.
Or was it an online ordination?

"Everything in the Old Testatament is for our learning
but not everything is for our application
"
- Dr. Frank Chase Jr., Thd.
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by ApostlePat: 7:50pm On May 05, 2012
Kamilara,
You are right and very correct. God bless you and keep doing the good work. Grace be multiplied to you and others on this forum.
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by ATMC(f): 8:50pm On May 05, 2012
@apostlepat, someone pls transcribe d message for me, i don't have access to a system nd my java phone won't download it...i must commend u apostle for making a u-turn.
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by ApostlePat: 3:55am On May 06, 2012
@ Atmc,
Am sorry. You really have to make out time to watch the video. It's an eye opener. All it says however is exposing the fraud of tithe I had been involved in with my church. By the wisdom of God, I will reverse my false tithe teachings. So help me God.
Re: A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher by ijawkid(m): 7:36am On May 06, 2012
Now many are coming to realize this things....

But its unfortunate that only individuals will understand these truths....

When will an organised church teach ""no tithing principle""

Its gonna be hard....

I think I'll give the Jehovahs witnesses a very big hand shake in this area of christianity...

They are one christian organisation that has never tithed,preached tithing or paid tithes since they began because theyv always known it stopped with d nation of isreal....theyv always being against it..

I just wonder how they do it...

I think others shuld imitate them...

(1) (Reply)

Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses / Iya Adura Rev. Mother Esther Abimbola Ajayi Portrait Painting / Top 10 Best Nigerian Worship Songs 2018(free Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.