Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church (34161 Views)

Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel / Living Faith Church Has Six Million Members Across 147 Countries – Oyedepo / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 10:05am On May 05, 2012
The Apostolic Faith church started in far away United States of America in the year 1906. Since then it has spread to Nigeria and Africa. In Nigeria it has been here for over sixty years.
A church where preaching of holiness and preparation for heaven takes the centre stage.
Prosperity preaching takes the very back stage.
There is nothing like offering time during any of their services.
Nobody monitors or pressures u to pay your tithe. They ll always tell you that its between you and God. They have tithe corner where u can go and put your tithe or offering anytime you want to do it.
No big man is given special attention or special treatment whatsoever in the church. All attention goes to Jesus.
Money is never an issue in the church.
They have so many rich and educated people yet you wont identify them when u come because humility reigns there.
They have the best choir and orchestra in Africa.
Inspite of all these, the membership of the church keeps growing rather than reducing. Na wa o.
Glad to know that there are Nigerians that still hunger and thirst after righteousness rather than all this money money thing that most churches are preaching this last days.
The message of seek ye FIRST the KINGDOM OF GOD and HiS RIGHTEOUSNESS is lost most churches.
Na wa o.

21 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by duality(m): 12:46pm On May 05, 2012
are yyou a pastor in the church?

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 2:38pm On May 05, 2012
Am not a pastor in the church. The main message here is the kingdom of God and his righteousness which this church sticks to. Do u know the church and have you come across them before?

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by OmoPastor(m): 7:02pm On May 05, 2012
love your description of the church and really its cool.

wish the church greater growth and more land to possess.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by duality(m): 9:00pm On May 05, 2012
ok good church. do they have a branch in lekki-ajah area?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 10:52pm On May 05, 2012
i ll try and find out if they have a branch in Lekki and the exact location then i ll let you know soonest.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 05, 2012
alexleo:
They have the best choir and orchestra in Africa.
I have neighbours who attend this church and this i can testify to. The whole family members are in the choir and play all sort of musical instrument. But i think they spend too much time in church. They usually leave for church around 8 a.m and don't return until btw 4 - 6 p.m.

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Goshen360(m): 12:24am On May 06, 2012
I love this church. I know them in the United States here. My the Grace of God, as God is leading me into ministry in the future, I hope to teaching God people the truth like this kind of church - NO TITHE but only biblical Giving. God help us all in Jesus Name. (Amen)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 12:36am On May 06, 2012
From experience, it is a good church, but they are against taking medicine in any form or shape. In fact they are anti the medical profession. Maybe things have changed.

Another thing is they do not believe that the truth can be found elsewhere in terms of the preservation of the one and true faith, the undiluted gospel.
Again maybe things have changed.

But they love God and are very much aligned with the will of God with regards to the doctrine of giving , holiness etc.

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by JoeEINSTEIN(m): 1:11am On May 06, 2012
I'm a member of the Apostolic Faith,infact, was given birth to there! I was quite surprised when i found this post here on NL,but i'm happy alexleo and zeddicus have both spoken the truth....i think someone has been blessed.Anyone could contact me for any info about this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Kay17: 1:36am On May 06, 2012
Praise the Lord!! *waving hands*

And you can find all colours of candles: red, pink, black, indigo, blue, green and those ppl can trek barefooted from Lagos to abuja. But jesus is Lord!
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 9:50am On May 06, 2012
The church is not against hospital but they believe in divine healing. That is to say that even when u r taking medication, dont forget the fact that God is the healer and not medicine. It is some members of the church that give their various interpretations to this. The church can not preach to u not to go to hospital.
Coming to their service, the morning section starts from 9am and end 12 noon while the evening service starts around 5pm and end 6pm or 6.30pm so the people that go in the morning and come home in the evening are those who decided to stay for the morning and evening services. Its not all members that do that. For this reason some branches of the church has a relaxation centre in the church premises where those who want to stay till evening service relaxes.

4 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by duality(m): 4:34pm On May 06, 2012
what about hypocrisy? the church teaches that watching television, using the computer/internet is a sin.but i learnt that most of the pastors have jettisoned that idea. i also learnt that they dont use powder and colognes etc that those things are iniquities

now @poster you give the impression that giving is not stressed in the church.but don't forget that their are blessings in giving. although the criminal nature its being used in churches these days lives much to be deserved.

responds from those who attend the church shows that they do not sing any other songs other than hymnals. which i think is quite limiting. though we also have good hymns; but only hymns is like confining you to a funny system where you cant express yourself and praise God as led by the holy spirit. besides only hymns makes the service dull.

a friend who visited told me they never beveled/ agreed he was born again. he said after the service one sunday evening, the church members pounced on him mounting pressure on him to remain on his kneels praying for his soul as he was heading to hell fire. according to him he wondered if these people had designing spirit. he felt somewhat embarrassed.
according to him also. their testimony system requires that you stick to your being born again and nothing more eg if you testify that God blessed you with a car, you'l be made to shot up.

is the church aroud lekki-ajah area? coz i'd like to visit. among other things i was told the church is similar to deeper life, mountain of fire and maybe chosen ministries. which are good churches.

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by duality(m): 4:43pm On May 06, 2012
what about hypocrisy? the church teaches that watching television, using the computer/internet is a sin.but i learnt that most of the pastors have jettisoned that idea. i also learnt that they dont use powder and colognes etc that those things are iniquities

now @poster you give the impression that giving is not stressed in the church.but don't forget that their are blessings in giving. although the criminal nature its being used in churches these days lives much to be deserved.

responds from those who attend the church shows that they do not sing any other songs other than hymnals. which i think is quite limiting. though we also have good hymns; but only hymns is like confining you to a funny system where you cant express yourself and praise God as led by the holy spirit. besides only hymns makes the service dull.

a friend who visited told me they never beveled/ agreed he was born again. he said after the service one sunday evening, the church members pounced on him mounting pressure on him to remain on his kneels praying for his soul as he was heading to hell fire. according to him he wondered if these people had designing spirit. he felt somewhat embarrassed.
according to him also. their testimony system requires that you stick to your being born again and nothing more eg if you testify that God blessed you with a car, you'l be made to shot up.

is the church aroud lekki-ajah area? coz i'd like to visit. among other things i was told the church is similar to deeper life, mountain of fire and maybe chosen ministries. which are good churches.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 6:07pm On May 06, 2012
@Duality,
you got it wrong. The church does not preach against TV rather they preach against bad TV programs and tell their members not to watch. Again they dont preach against colgne and powder rather they tell u to be moderate in all. Yes they sing hymns and classical and thats a matter of choice. Even when they sing choruses they sing it in classical way with their choir and orchestra instruments and there's nothing wrong about it. All churches cannot sing the same way.

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by duality(m): 7:18pm On May 06, 2012
@alexleo, ok no probs wink don't worry about all what i stated up there. just send me the address of the nearest branch to me or give me that of ur branch. i'll like to attend. and more importantly hope to find a wife there grin cos i learnt you guys have beautiful, godly, and well groomed babes in ur church especially in the choir and orchestra wink or lets do it this way, invite me to ur branch. i'll be of good behavior wink, join the choir and orchestra and probably learn how to play the trumpet. coz i wan sabi blow trumpet. and then you may introduce me to any of the good sisters wink i'm a lover of natural beauty. imagine beauty of the lord without pancake and tiroo grin allaluyah! seriously dude next sunday i hope to be running this package. hope you are game.

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 06, 2012
When i was in Secondary school in Akure, My uncle use to attend this church. Nice choir, Humble people. BUT they will force you to kneel down and pray by staying over your shoulder as you kneel with 1 usher assigned to you. LOL. we always go to church with foot-mats.. I love those days sha. their Choir sings good music!!
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by firebrand: 2:37pm On May 07, 2012
I have been privilege to attend the church on several occations. I attended their carol few years back and I can testify that they indeed have the largest orchestra in Africa. I was also at the funeral service of the late African Overseer, Rev. Soyinka. The church is not well spread as expected in terms of branches but, every branch is a true reflection of the other.

I love the church for their sound biblical doctrine which is second to known. But for sure they have their own share of imperfection. No dancing during praises, etc. The main focus of every message is always Christ, salvation sanctification, and holy ghost baptism as prerequisite for entry into God's kingdom.

I learnt Pst Kumuyi once attended the church before he founded DCLM.
An ideal church for those who truly thirst for the truth, and are looking forward to the 2nd coming of Christ, and not for fun/pleasure seeking xtians.

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 7:44pm On May 07, 2012
I dont see lack of dancing as an imperfection in the church rather its a choice of worship style which is not bad. Not everybody likes to dance even in churches that dance. You will still see some people who ll rather stand and be clapping to rythm of the music while others beside them are dancing like there will be no tomorrow. Those who studied music will tell you that orchestra is a form of music, rap is on its own, african music is on its own, R &B is on its own jazz is on its own etc. So you make your choice.
I think the main thing is the holiness without which no man can see God which the church is maintaining.
Again the reason they are not quick in spreading is so as not to lose the standard. The reason why some churches have lost the core message of the bible is because they are quick in laying hands on people and ordaining them pastors even when they are not ripe for it. Whats the point opening branches here and there and at the end of the day the churches loses the truth of the bible due to unriped pastors. Rather than the church becoming a place to pepare souls for heaven it then becomes house of hell preparation.
The church is spreading but carefully and gradually. Whatever happened to slow and steady wins the race. .
I hope to get the addresses of their churches round Africa and beyond and post here so that people can visit the church.
This is a church where members are discouraged from owing people. Infact if you are holding any post in the church and you are owing somebody and the person reports you to the church, you ll be relieved of your post once there is an evidence.
If you cheat either your spouse or in your work place or in your business relationship with someone and there are evidecne to prove it, you ll be relieved of your post in the church wether you are a rich man or not nobody cares. Holiness must be maintained.
They dont beg for money to do any project. If you want to give money to any project they are doing it must be by your own choice and not that you ll be pressured to do it. And they will still advise that if you are not genuinely born again that its better you get saved from your life of sin first rather than giving them money because there's no amount of money that you ll give them that will take you to heaven except holiness.
Discipline, holiness and humilty are virtues you see there.

3 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by firebrand: 10:44am On May 10, 2012
"I dont see lack of dancing as an imperfection in the church rather its a choice of worship style which is not bad. Not everybody likes to dance even in churches that dance. You will still see some people who ll rather stand and be clapping to rythm of the music whits own, R &B is on its own jazz is on its own etc".

I made mention of dancing as an imperfection not because dancing is a criteria for gaining heaven but because it is not unbiblical. I dont enjoy highlighting the shortcomings or imperfection of an individual, how much more the body of Christ. I love AF for there sound doctrine, but I maintain that they definitely have there shortcomings. If you dont mind I can share them with you one-on-one, but not on a forum like this where the infidels would hijack it and desecrate the body of christ.

2 Likes

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by OilSubsidy: 1:13pm On May 10, 2012
When I was growing up in Akoko, Ondo State, the pastor of the Apostolic Faith Church in the town impregnated his house girl!! What a Shame to that man!

Anyway i guess that is his own cross to carry sha!
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 6:45am On May 11, 2012
@oilsubsidy,
if a pastor does that in the church then be sure he ll be relieved of his post immediately. The very pastor you are talking about wont still be a pastor by now. I dont know of the branch u are talking about. And of course you know that children of God are in battle field in this life so anybody can be hit by the devil's bullet. What matters is your attitude when the bullet hits you. If you humble youself and run back to christ for redemption thats the best but if you start covering and defending yourself thats heading to doom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 7:58am On May 11, 2012
@firebrand,
Thanks for your response, i ll like to get in touch with you on your email for more discussion. We keep improving in life when our imperfections are pointed to us and we accept it and work towards improvement.

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by adetunrayo(f): 8:54am On May 11, 2012
would luv to know their branches and address in Lagos.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 12:59pm On May 11, 2012
adetunrayo: would luv to know their branches and address in Lagos.
There is one in Anthony Village which is the headquarter. Another one is at 49 moloney street, Ebute meta. I ll get more but this are the ones i know for now.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by honeric01(m): 1:21pm On May 11, 2012
How do they treat their poor members? What about their stand on being rich? How's their wedding ceremony like? Courtship and also stands on baptism?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 8:15pm On May 11, 2012
@honeric01,
There are a lot of rich men in the church but nobody will give any post or special treatment to you because u are rich. Everybody is respected both rich and poor. Post are giving based on area of gift and calling, commitment to attending church programs and purity in your life style etc. Not wealth.
We have a welfare Directorate where if u have anything, cloth or whatsoever you want to give to the poor you go and drop it there, when we are holding our charity service, those things are shared to the poor. You can pick up somebody and sponsor in school or any trade or skill. This things are done out of your freewill. Nobody will force you or worry you with preachings that will compel you to do it. They will even tell you that riches without Christ is not complete because you cant go to heaven becauxe you are rich or because you give to the church or to the poor. Salvation of your soul and preparation for eternity remains the main message. Pre marital sex is not allowed, courtship must be with utmost caution. once pre marital is done the couple will not be wedded by the church. They believe in receiving the Holy Spirit and they also believe in water baptism by immersion not by sprinkling water on somebody's head.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by honeric01(m): 10:08pm On May 11, 2012
alexleo: @honeric01,
There are a lot of rich men in the church but nobody will give any post or special treatment to you because u are rich. Everybody is respected both rich and poor. Post are giving based on area of gift and calling, commitment to attending church programs and purity in your life style etc. Not wealth.
We have a welfare Directorate where if u have anything, cloth or whatsoever you want to give to the poor you go and drop it there, when we are holding our charity service, those things are shared to the poor. You can pick up somebody and sponsor in school or any trade or skill. This things are done out of your freewill. Nobody will force you or worry you with preachings that will compel you to do it. They will even tell you that riches without Christ is not complete because you cant go to heaven becauxe you are rich or because you give to the church or to the poor. Salvation of your soul and preparation for eternity remains the main message. Pre marital sex is not allowed, courtship must be with utmost caution. once pre marital is done the couple will not be wedded by the church. They believe in receiving the Holy Spirit and they also believe in water baptism by immersion not by sprinkling water on somebody's head.

How long have you been in this church?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by honeric01(m): 10:09pm On May 11, 2012
alexleo: @honeric01,

How long have you been in this church?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 12:52pm On May 13, 2012
Worship with the Apostolic Faith Church at any of their branches accross Nigeria at 9am, 10.50am and 5pm respectively. Or visit our website
www.apostolicfaithweca.org to view our service on webcast.

@honeric01,
I ve been in the church for over 30 years and still counting by God's grace. Let me also say that the number of years spent in the church is not more important than serving Jesus in spirit and in truth.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by honeric01(m): 1:46pm On May 13, 2012
alexleo: Worship with the Apostolic Faith Church at any of their branches accross Nigeria at 9am, 10.50am and 5pm respectively. Or visit our website
www.apostolicfaithweca.org to view our service on webcast.

@honeric01,
I ve been in the church for over 30 years and still counting by God's grace. Let me also say that the number of years spent in the church is not more important than serving Jesus in spirit and in truth.

Uhm, 30 years... smiley
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by akinol02: 10:59pm On May 29, 2012
Nice 1 bro, may God keep Apofaith I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ doing just what will get us to heaven. If U̶̲̥̅̊ can make i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ try and visit any °ƒ the Apostolic Faith branch church and U̶̲̥̅̊ will never regret i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ but an advice, G̶̲̥̅̊☹ with U̶̲̥̅̊я heart not U̶̲̥̅̊я ego. I av bin and still enjoying God @ sea with the fundamental foundational gospel messages I had since my baby day till now and I can't do without God and the people °ƒ God are all I have during my time off. I recommend Aposfaith Fø̲̣̣я̅ any heaven bond person who really need τ̲̅o hear and get close τ̲̅o God. God I pray U̶̲̥̅̊ will touch my heart, our heart and prepare us Fø̲̣̣я̅ U̶̲̥̅̊я rapture becos all Τђe signs I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ revelations are all happening I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ our time. Advice: seek God when he may be found, call on Him, when He is near! Time is short and RAPTURE IS NEARER than We can imagine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / 2019: Nigeria’s Messiah Will Come From North - Pastor Tunde Bakare / I Never Told Anyone That I Will Die Soon - Odumeje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.