Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity (1046 Views)

** Religious Intolerance In Nigeria- Who Is Culpable?? ** / Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? / Christianity Vs. Islam And The Problem Of Evil by Arnie Gentile Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity by logicboy: 4:14pm On May 05, 2012
Comedy is sometimes a sketchy thing. Comedy can mock certain things, including religion. After watching the clip below and realising that it was filmed in the UK which is secular but still has many christians, I wondered to myself how many mslim countries will allow comedy like this. About half the crowd were christians

I am asking Nigerian christians if comedy like this would be allowed in Nigeria because I doubt that it would be allowed, which says a lot about freedom of expression in Nigeria and UK.

Also, I want to see if any muslim can show me a video where comedy like this is allowed in any muslim country if their religion is so tolerant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WPvSo8AYdM
Re: Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity by LogicMind: 4:38pm On May 05, 2012
logicboy: Comedy is sometimes a sketchy thing. Comedy can mock certain things, including religion. After watching the clip below and realising that it was filmed in the UK which is secular but still has many christians, I wondered to myself how many mslim countries will allow comedy like this. About half the crowd were christians

uk is not secular.
the head of the church is the head of state
bishops sit in the house of lords which is the second chamber of parliament.
Re: Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity by DeepSight(m): 5:20pm On May 05, 2012
Yeah, but that's tradition. In practical terms, its secular enough.
Re: Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity by logicboy: 5:29pm On May 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

uk is not secular.
the head of the church is the head of state
bishops sit in the house of lords which is the second chamber of parliament.

You disappoint me.

The queen is only a ceremonial figure.

futhermore, the bishop thing is only tradition.

UK is very secular
Re: Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity by LogicMind: 7:42pm On May 05, 2012
logicboy:

You disappoint me.

The queen is only a ceremonial figure.

futhermore, the bishop thing is only tradition.

UK is very secular

please do not derail your own thread.
Re: Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity by logicboy: 7:44pm On May 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

please do not derail your own thread.

Ironic after you derailed it first, isnt it?
Re: Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity by LogicMind: 7:49pm On May 05, 2012
logicboy:

Ironic after you derailed it first, isnt it?

i just pointed something out.
if you want to debate it we can debate it.
although they may act secular, uk is constitutionally very far from secular.
this is a country where a law governing its citizens everday lives have to be approved by a body comprising of bishops. and you call it secular?
the queen may be ceremonial, but the fact remains that she is the head of state as well as the head of the anglican church.
although societally they may look secular, contitutionally, they are not.
Re: Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity by logicboy: 8:02pm On May 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

this is a country where a law governing its citizens everday lives have to be approved by a body comprising of bishops. and you call it secular?
the queen may be ceremonial, but the fact remains that she is the head of state as well as the head of the anglican church.

You pointed out something that is both irrelevant and only technically correct.

You can argue that UK is not secular on only a technicality.

The UK is very secular when it comes to laws passed and the society.
Re: Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 05, 2012
the 'LOGIC' battle... this has to be EPIC.. make i relax watch this one joor..
[img]http://woahnigeria.files./2011/06/block.jpg[/img]
Re: Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity by logicboy: 8:02pm On May 05, 2012
musKeeto: the 'LOGIC' battle... this has to be EPIC.. make i relax watch this one joor..

The troll has arrived. keep watching
Re: Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity by logicboy: 8:08pm On May 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

BTW, please, I need your input here;
https://www.nairaland.com/930183/favourite-christian-memes
Re: Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity by LogicMind: 8:10pm On May 05, 2012
logicboy:

You pointed out something that is both irrelevant and only technically correct.

You can argue that UK is not secular on only a technicality.

The UK is very secular when it comes to laws passed and the society.

thanks for accepting that i am "technically correct".

you should have qualified your statement on the secularity of great britain. the omission of this qualification triggered my attempt at emendation.

we both agree and should let it be. ok?
Re: Religious Intolerance Vs Islam Vs Christianity by logicboy: 8:11pm On May 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

thanks for accepting that i am "technically correct".

you should have qualified your statement on the secularity of great britain. the omission of this qualification triggered my attempt at emendation.

we both agree and should let it be. ok?

Okay

(1) (Reply)

Patience-a Sine Qua Non: Story That Touches The Heart / Yahweh's Death Penalty Acts. / Pope Escapes Hell With Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.