Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,322 members, 7,780,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:35 PM

11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight (1453 Views)

10 Easy Tips To Keep Your Teeth Whiten Naturally / How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet….5 Easy Tips You Can Use / Price Of Edmark Meal Replacement Therapy For Losing Weight 07085055001 Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by luckynzo(m): 6:29am On Nov 13, 2007
Tip 1: Never Skip a Meal

Eating petite and more frequent meals helps to level your caloric intake during the day and keeps your blood sugar in a balanced state. Rather than eating 3 large meals, try to eat 5 - 6 smaller meals throughout the day.

Tip 2: Allow Yourself a Treat

Every person has his or her favorite treat(s). Simply give yourself a tiny indulgence sporadically, but be mindful of the frequency and the quantity. Eliminating all of your favorite treats usually leads to an early relapse.

Tip 3: Understand Your Labels

A product labeled with a fat-free claim does not necessarily mean that it is also low in calories. Similarly, a product labeled as low-carb does not mean it is also low in fat. Always carefully read the nutrition label on the packaging to ensure that you know exactly what you are receiving.

Tip 4: Determine Exactly How Many Calories You Need

[Daily Caloric Need] = [Body Weight in lbs.] x 15 + ([moderate activity in minutes a day] x 3.5)

Since you wish to lose weight, your target = [Daily Caloric Need] - 500 cal

For example, if you weigh 160 lbs and you achieve 20 minutes of moderate activity every day:

You Daily Caloric Need in this example would equal (160 x 15) + (20 x 3.5) = 2400 + 70 = 2470 cal. Subtract 500 calories from that total; 2470 - 500 = 1970 cal.

Therefore 1970 cal is your daily caloric intake goal for losing 1 lb per week!

Tip 5: Eat Raw, Whole, Organic Foods

If possible, purchase only fresh foods and avoid all processed and convenient foods such as fast food. Packaged and processed foods are often much higher in sodium and fat content, and contain less nutritional value.

Tip 6: Eat at Least 5 Servings of Fruits and Veggies Every Day

Fruits and vegetables are full of beneficial vitamins, fibers, and antioxidants. They fill up your stomach fast, so you feel full earlier. And, they are also very low in calories.

Tip 7: Watch your Portion Sizes

One serving of pasta would generally equate to 1/2 cup of pasta. However, most every restaurant you visit will serve a pasta dish with about 4 servings of pasta!!! Take home the leftovers.

Tip 8: Stay Away from Worthless Drinks

Juices, soda, & sugar in your coffee all add up. Always drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. This will keep you full, hydrated, and feeling great.

Tip 9: Keep a Food Journal

This can be tough to do, but is worth its weight, literally. A food journal allows you to pinpoint your eating habits and enables you to easily modify them.

Tip 10: Exercise, Exercise, Exercise

Most authorities recommend 30 to 60 minutes of activity a day for optimum health. It is also beneficial to try and work-in some weight-bearing exercises at least 2 times a week.

Tip 11: Get That Sunshine!

God created us to get some sun every once in a while. The body needs the vitamin D produced from taking in that sunlight, and we need to be active in order to live a healthy life. And, the fresh air feels great!
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by gbengeoou: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2007
I won go 4 lunch o
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by Bosiano(f): 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2007
mo dun ni won ba temi, so, why should i fake myself to someone else, i wouldn't do that.
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by Bosiano(f): 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2007
Don't worry, u will see me on sunday by God's grace. won ni fi elomi se mi, the pix i sent to u is real me, emi gangan niyen, emi ABOSEDE ADEYINKA OLAJIDE.
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by Bosiano(f): 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2007
why should i hide myself when am not bad, i think u saw my pix, abi something do me?
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by Bosiano(f): 3:22pm On Nov 19, 2007
iwo gan laya mi ja fun tori mo ti re e,
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by gbengeoou: 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2007
just keep ur finger crossed till sunday way we go see each other abi?
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by Bosiano(f): 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2007
are u dere? if u'er dere send me something.
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by Bosiano(f): 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2007
no wahala.
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by Bosiano(f): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2007
kilo je fun LUNCH?
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by gbengeoou: 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2007
so wot do you have 4 lunch?i guess u no take plenty food o?
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by gbengeoou: 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2007
i took ur favorite EBA !!!!!! i don heavy now,
E se ur don check ur e-mail add. 2day? wetin u self take 4 lunch?
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by Bosiano(f): 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2007
U made mentioned of something that seeing is believing abi, wa ri mi LIVE ni jo sunday. my finger is crossed already.
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by Bosiano(f): 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2007
anyway, i took AMALA for lunch.
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by gbengeoou: 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2007
which soup and meat? mine na ewedu and ogunfe. with 1 chilled fanta. Mo le wa pa ara mi jare.
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by Bosiano(f): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2007
i av checked the last message u sent to my box, or is there something new?
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by gbengeoou: 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2007
when u wake up dis morning? i beg charge ur battery very well o. because i no enjoy dat nite call rara.

I don`t want 2 tell you dis b4, dat my Dad is very sick and addmitted in LUTH. Se maa bami gbadura o.
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by Bosiano(f): 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2007
i took amala with eforiro and ogunfe, then i used water to flush it down (nigba temi naa o waye alaye)
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by Bosiano(f): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2007
lati ijo wo niyen and what's the nature of his ailment?
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by gbengeoou: 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2007
woo lati 2weeks ago, the doctor said his heart is been enlarged, but Oluwa ti gba ogo.
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by Bosiano(f): 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2007
why did you refused to tell me all this while? i was on phone with u this morning but u didn't tell me that, why?
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by Bosiano(f): 4:14pm On Nov 19, 2007
adupe lowo olorun, i think i should be offline.
Re: 11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight by gbengeoou: 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2007
se ki a soro 4 nite? immediately you close 4 day call me 2 hear ur voice.

(1) (Reply)

Diseases From Cockroaches / How Do You Wash Your A: S: S? Or Yansh? / How Effective Is Swissgarde Product On Staph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.