Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Nigeria's Woes: A Problem Of Leadership Or 'followership'. A Reexamination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Woes: A Problem Of Leadership Or 'followership'. A Reexamination (5287 Views)

Blame Obasanjo, Other Leaders For Nigeria’s Woes — SARAKI / Is Nigeria's Problem Bad Leadership Or Weak "followership"? / Leadership Or Followership: Which Is The Problem Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Woes: A Problem Of Leadership Or 'followership'. A Reexamination by BIGERBOY1: 5:00pm On May 06, 2012
I have heard times without number that one of the problems of Nigeria and by extension Africa is bad leadership, but hardly do you find the masses been examined for any iota of fault.

Now I am proffering a new paradigm to this self perpetuating evil of leadership. It's my humble belief that the masses share more blame than is admitted due to the following.

1. Most well governed society have highly educated populace with foresight of what benefits their nation before self, ethnic or regional consideration

2. Every nation gets a leader from it's people nowhere in the world is a leader of a nation imported from somewhere else. It therefore follows that any country saddled with successive bad leadership is an indication of deccay in the majority of the society

3. Another indication of bad followers rather than leaders is the approach of the public to national issues. Take for instance the serial corruption in the Nigeria oil industry, there are still a sizeable population who still believe this a smear capaign on a particular region or group and hence support the stance of the the govt not to take action. A more objective assessment would have been: fact- there is corruption in the Nigerian oil industry. Assumption- indictment is targeted at a group. Now any nation that thrives on assumption, rumours or presumptions in the stead of facts is definitely a sign of uneducated, semi educated or assumed educated masses.

Due to all of the above I believe nigeria's problem is mostly of bad and ill educated masses and not necessarily that of leadership.

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Beats Jamaica To Become Number One Indian Hemp(weed) Smoking Country. / Bursted : Lying Buhari Supporter Exposed (pictures) / PDP Mocks Buhari Over 'failed' Abuja Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.