Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris (10436 Views)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife / Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 4:57pm On May 07, 2012
Kay 17: There are two separate Gods in the old and new testament. One is almighty without rivals. The other is all good with a necessary twin the Devil.

For example, somewhere in Isaiah or Psalms God claims to have created Evil.

We need to understand prophecies .they are acts of faith. It comes in pictures ,feelings or inner voice. It comes in part. There is human part to prophecies . That's why someone can blow wrong grammar in prophecies .

2 people gave two different accounts here. One attributed to God ,the other attributed to Satan

1 Chronicles 21:1
Chapter 21
1 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

2 Samuel 24:1
Chapter 24
1 And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by nuella2(f): 5:00pm On May 07, 2012
Goshen360:

Thank you jare my sister. At least we will all learn. I believe "IN" God there is no darkness as per the verse you quoted from Joagbaje's comment. Now my question is, in Genesis 1:2. The bible says, ....and darkness was upon the face of the deep". God had not created anything at this time. My question is, where did this darkness came from?

Words mean different things according to the usage in scriptures. In Genesis there was darkness like NEPA took light kind of darkness,so God created light so we can see. Then darkness also mean also evil, the kingdom of Satan is called the kingdom of darkness. So what we are discussing in this thread is not just mere darkness.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 5:01pm On May 07, 2012
Joagbaje:

Your dishonesty in the other thread gives a different picture of you. I value words and commitment .

My brother, no be fight o. cool down. People wey get Holy Ghost no dey fight,lolz. I wasn't dishonest in anyway. I was playing safe from you and you know it. I only need the 2nd answer to my question then so i can have that as a defend should you turn the table. It is as simple as that. Why won't I say my opinion openly in that thread? why? But I know where you are heading to in that thread hence I asked for answer to the 2nd question. If you had answer the 2nd question whicj Nuella too was there and I went ahead to ask 3rd question. Then you can label me dishonest but you answered only one question out of 2. Anyway make we no derail this very thread, can you asnwer my question to Nuella now you can see am not a mocking neither do I want to ask questions to mock you.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 5:07pm On May 07, 2012
No need to play safe with truth. Truth is truth.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 5:23pm On May 07, 2012
nuella2:

Words mean different things according to the usage in scriptures. In Genesis there was darkness like NEPA took light kind of darkness,so God created light so we can see. Then darkness also mean also evil, the kingdom of Satan is called the kingdom of darkness. So what we are discussing in this thread is not just mere darkness.

I understand but I want to use it to drive a point from Joagbaje's OP. However, when we do word study along with our bible study. We understand from context like "kingdom of darkness" that it doesn't mean darkness like NEPA took light. Darkness is literal and figurative. My question you still didn't answer. When/if you can answer my point, then it will lead us into Joe's thread. Where did that darkness in Gen.1:2 came from? That is the first time darkness was mentioned in the bible. Where did it came from? You are the one interpreting it like NEPA took light but that is not what we are told. We are just told..."darkness was upon the face of the deep" and nothing had being created yet. This only first thing we see created was God said, let there be light. So where did that darkness came from before God said let there be light?
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 5:25pm On May 07, 2012
Joagbaje: No need to play safe with truth. Truth is truth.
Well, let's not derail this thread with side talk from another thread. I know where you are heading on that thread and you didn't answer my 2nd question. It's very simple and that is why i didn't answer yours.

Can you now answer the question am asking Nuella?
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by nuella2(f): 5:40pm On May 07, 2012
Darkness is the absence of light. There was no light in the beginning.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 5:43pm On May 07, 2012
nuella2: Darkness is the absence of light. There was no light in the beginning.
So are you saying God created the earth like that? in the absence of light in the beginning? Is this what you are saying?
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by ijawkid(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2012
Joe and goshen wetin dey happen??

Ona wan turn to messi and christiano ronaldolol

What's d beef here

@goshen....what's ur point??
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 07, 2012
Joagbaje: In the old testament time , there was little knowledge of demons or devil. So every incidence is attributed to God either good or bad. And God spirit use people according to the level of their understanding to a great extent.
And yet all Scripture was written by the Inspiration of the HOLY SPIRIT.. Do you always have to twist the Scripture, till it fits your interpretations?
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by nuella2(f): 6:29pm On May 07, 2012
Goshen360:
So are you saying God created the earth like that? in the absence of light in the beginning? Is this what you are saying?

If you have something to say go ahead and say it, the bible says there was darkness first then he called forth light. You like asking questions like a principal jare.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 6:32pm On May 07, 2012
nuella2:

If you have something to say go ahead and say it, the bible says there was darkness first then he called forth light. You like asking questions like a principal jare.
grin. i will prove my point soon. God created the darkness by himself in Genesis 1:2. I will be back to prove my point soon. Okay.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by nuella2(f): 7:47pm On May 07, 2012
Goshen360:
grin. i will prove my point soon. God created the darkness by himself in Genesis 1:2. I will be back to prove my point soon. Okay.

I am waiting.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by mrmayor(m): 8:09pm On May 07, 2012
Joagbaje:

Things are attributed to God . But that doesnt mean he did them. Did Charles Taylor cut the hands of those babies?

O really;what kind of things? Virgin Birth, Red Sea, Walls of Jericho, Ordering Saul to Kill all Amalakites including babies, unborn ( abortion of the foetus and murder of nursing mothers)when Saul refused he was dethroned. Being Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnieverything, which is he not and which is he?

Need I go on?
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 8:23pm On May 07, 2012
Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness:
I make peace, and create evil:
I the Lord do all these things
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 07, 2012
mrmayor:

O really;what kind of things? Virgin Birth, Red Sea, Walls of Jericho, Ordering Saul to Kill all Amalakites including babies, unborn ( abortion of the foetus and murder of nursing mothers)when Saul refused he was dethroned. Being Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnieverything, which is he not and which is he?

Need I go on?
And he wonders why I call him a Crook?
Charles Taylor didn't cut hands but people did it based on his orders. WHo was sentenced last week?
Does a judge jail people?

Apart from that, according to the Bible, all scripture was written by men filled with the Holy GHOST.. Are you now saying the HOLY GHOST attributed things wrongly to GOD? Sometimes, I'm shocked at the length you'd go to make sure your 'bible' FITS your interpretation...
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by harakiri(m): 8:56pm On May 07, 2012
Joagbaje:

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him (Acts 10:3.

A lady gave birth to a child that was blind and started crying, "Oh God, what has this innocent child done to be born blind? Oh God, why did you do this?" She held God responsible for such a misfortune out of her ignorance. Many people ignorantly attribute every mishap to an act of God; this is wrong! God is not the author of the pain, sickness and misery in the lives of many. Rather, He’s the healer, restorer, and mender of broken hearts, broken lives, and broken relationships.

Our opening scripture reveals God’s character and nature of love, kindness, and compassion, while revealing Satan as the one who oppresses people with sickness, hardship, pain and misery. It tells us that God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil, for God was with Him. Notice, it wasn’t God who made the people sick; but it was God who sent Jesus to heal them.

The case of blind Bartimaeus readily buttresses this. The Bible says he was born blind; not satisfied with his condition, he cried out to Jesus for help, and the Lord restored his sight (Mark 10:51-52). In this case, the man was born blind, and then Jesus healed him, proof-positive it wasn’t God who made him blind. A similar case was when Jesus and His disciples met another man who was born blind. His disciples asked Him, "Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?" (John 9:2).

The Lord responded, "...Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him, I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work."

The devil’s work was manifested in the man’s life, which was the blindness, but the Lord Jesus went on to say, "…but that the works of God should be made manifest in him, I must work the works of Him that sent me," (John 9:3-4) and healed the man.

Evidently, God is the healer while the devil is the oppressor responsible for all the sickness, disease and misery that people suffer from! Nevertheless, thanks be unto God; He’s given us power to heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead and cast out devils (Matthew 10:. Like Jesus, you ought to go about doing good, healing those who are oppressed of the devil, for God is with you.

WOW!!! grin grin cheesy
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Kay17: 9:19pm On May 07, 2012
Joagbaje:

We need to understand prophecies .they are acts of faith. It comes in pictures ,feelings or inner voice. It comes in part. There is human part to prophecies . That's why someone can blow wrong grammar in prophecies .

2 people gave two different accounts here. One attributed to God ,the other attributed to Satan

Chapter 21
1 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

Chapter 24
1 And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

IF you read the account in Kings, it says God. Satan means adversary. You can't find Satan in the New Testament, but rather Devil. In the OT, Satan was whoever opposed, just like the angel that was to kill Balaam. And didn't have the preserve to do evil
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by buzugee(m): 11:15pm On May 07, 2012
Joagbaje:

God does not give people sickness. It's the devil that afflicts people. Sin do open a person up for satanic affliction.

Luke 13:16
And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?

Ok i believe i need to clarify the difference between devil and satan as you referenced both names. the word devil simply means 'deciever' or 'liar'. this is a physical being. anyone ( could be your relative or friend ) who deceives you will be correctly labelled a devil. satan is the spiritual force behind the devil. i say this to say that the satanic spirit behind the devil, as you rightly alluded to is what afflicts you with sickness and diseases. for example, the depopulation going on in central africa by way of immune system destroying vaccines. there is a reason why this is done by the west. the people in the west go in there and decieve the people that the vaccines are good for them ( making them devils ) and they spread sickness to these people that will kill them off. the spirit motivating these devils to do this is the satanic spirit in them.

however, all human spirit is made by God ( ecclesiastes 12 vs 7 ). God makes spirits, as he makes everything he has created to have 2 sides, one opposing the other. This is done so you can exercise your freewill. the spirit in man made by God has an evil and a good side. both opposing each other. its that simple. the evil side is satan. the good side is your godly side sirach 33 vs 15 Observe, then, all the works of the Most High, two by two, one opposite the other.

God is absolutely in charge of everything. he is not impotent. nothing evil or good happens without him sanctioning it. he uses the satan in every human he has created for his own purpose proverbs 16 vs 4 All the works of Lord Jehovah are for those that submit to him, and the evil are kept for the day of evil[/b]this means he stores the satanic powers in people for the day of evil, like say he wants someone to kill a rapist, he will use the satanic power of someone who is ready to commit evil and bring their path together.

every step you take in life and what you do and were you go is directed by the lord. you have an illusion of freewill with your comings and goings but the lord is who directs your steps PSALMS 20 VS 24 [b]A man's steps are from the Lord; how then can man understand his way

SO THE POINT TO THIS WHOLE THING IS THAT, YES, DEVIL IS WHO AFFLICTS YOU WITH SICKNESS, AND YES SATAN IS WHO MOTIVATED THE DEVIL TO AFFLICT YOU WITH SICKNESS, BUT SATAN BELONGS TO GOD ( ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7 ) AND GOD IS WHO SENT SATAN TO AFFLICT YOU WITH SICKNESS, AND SATAN DOES NOT EXIST INDEPENDENTLY AS A SPIRIT, HE LIVES IN PEOPLE, AND IN THIS CASE IN A PERSON WHO HAS NOT SUPPRESSED THEIR SATANIC SIDE BY ALIGNING WITH GOD, WE SHALL CALL THIS PERSON DEVIL BECAUSE ANYONE WHO FUNCTIONS FROM THEIR SATANIC SIDE WILL HAVE DECEPTION AS A SYMPTOM. AND WHY DOES GOD SEND SATAN TO AFFLICT YOU WITH SICKNESS ?
2 ESDRAS 16 VS 19 Famine, epidemics, troubles, and suffering are sent to punish and correct people. and when you get afflicted what happens ?
HOSEA 6 VS 1[b] In their affliction they will seek me early, saying, Let us go, and return to the Lord our God; for he has torn, and will heal us[/b] ( YOU RUN BACK TO HIM AND SEEK HIM. SEE, HUMANS ONLY UNDERSTAND PAIN AND SUFFERING. WITHOUT PAIN AND SUFFERING NOBODY WILL TURN AWAY FROM SIN )
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by buzugee(m): 11:23pm On May 07, 2012
JeSoul: Buzugee, thanks for your scriptures on that other thread, I did see them.
There's something very direct and unapologetic about the way you use and post scripture verses - though I don't always agree with you but I still find it quite fascinating smiley.
wish i can take credit for all the posts Sis, but i am simply parroting the words of God. no need to be apologetic about the truth grin trust you had a great weekend.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 11:58pm On May 07, 2012
nuella2:

I am waiting.

God created the darkness in Genesis 1:2. Please cross reference with Job. 38:1, 4-9 nkjv

Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said: "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell [Me], if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy? "Or [who] shut in the sea with doors, When it burst forth [and] issued from the womb; When I made the clouds its garment, And thick darkness its swaddling band;

So we see from this verse that, when God created the earth, it was created with initial darkness. It is God who created it that way to manifest His other side of light. My point is God is the God of good and bad even though He does not tempt with Evil. He is the God of the mountains and also the God of the valley. He is the God of the good time and also the God of the bad time. He is the God of light, in Him their is no darkness but He is also the God that can create darkness. He is the God that can make alive and can also kill. He is the God who can create one whole and also create another deformed for His glory. He is the God that curses and also the God that blesses.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by buzugee(m): 12:05am On May 08, 2012
Goshen360:

God created the darkness in Genesis 1:2. Please cross reference with Job. 38:1, 4-9 nkjv

Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said: "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell [Me], if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy? "Or [who] shut in the sea with doors, When it burst forth [and] issued from the womb; When I made the clouds its garment, And thick darkness its swaddling band;

So we see from this verse that, when God created the earth, it was created with initial darkness. It is God who created it that way to manifest His other side of light. My point is God is the God of good and bad even though He does not tempt with Evil. He is the God of the mountains and also the God of the valley. He is the God of the good time and also the God of the bad time. He is the God of light, in Him their is no darkness but He is also the God that can create darkness. He is the God that can make alive and can also kill. He is the God who can create one whole and also create another deformed for His glory. He is the God that curses and also the God that blesses.
nice one Goshen * thunderous applause *
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Nobody: 3:38am On May 08, 2012
The issue here is its PASTOR CHRIS SAYS vs THE BIBLE SAYS... and unfortunately GOshen is fighting a losing battle..
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:02am On May 08, 2012
Kay 17:

IF you read the account in Kings, it says God. Satan means adversary. . . .l

That's my point, one portion says God did it, another' portion says Satan did it. The writing were based on the understanding of the people.

Chapter 21
1 And Satan stood up against Israel , and provoked David to number Israel

Chapter 24
1 And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah

Question is , who actually made David do it. Was it God or the devil. This should help us in understanding scriptures and prophecies . People wrote according to their personal level of understanding .
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by nuella2(f): 6:19am On May 08, 2012
[quote author=Goshen360]

So we see from this verse that, when God created the earth, it was created with initial darkness. It is God who created it that way to manifest His other side of light. My point is God is the God of good and bad even though He does not tempt with Evil. He is the God of the mountains and also the God of the valley. He is the God of the good time and also the God of the bad time. He is the God of light, in Him their is no darkness but He is also the God that can create darkness. He is the God that can make alive and can also kill. He is the God who can create one whole and also create another deformed for His glory. He is the God that curses and also the God that blesses. [/quote

Darkness is not a creation, is the absence of light. If I build a house and there is no electricity supply in the house yet, at night the house will be dark. So did i create the darkness? Job only described how the clouds looked without light, he didn't say God created darkness at any time. Did God create lies? The absence of truth its a lie. Every good and perfect gift is from God, God do not hard sorrow to his gifts. In him there is no darkness. God created Lucifer who turned to a devil cos we are not created to be robots but we got free will.

Good is a good God that can allow evil depending on circumstances but he didn't create the evil.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by buzugee(m): 6:20am On May 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

That's my point, one portion says God did it, another' portion says Satan did it. The writing were based on the understanding of the people.

Chapter 21
1 And Satan stood up against Israel , and provoked David to number Israel

Chapter 24
1 And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah

Question is , who actually made David do it. Was it God or the devil. This should help us in understanding scriptures and prophecies . People wrote according to their personal level of understanding .
actually Jo i think those 2 verses prove that the lord uses satan to fight his battles when his anger is kindled.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:28am On May 08, 2012
buzugee: Ok i believe i need to clarify the difference between devil and satan as you referenced both names. the word devil simply means 'deciever' or 'liar'. this is a physical being. anyone ( could be your relative or friend ) who deceives you will be correctly labelled a devil. satan is the spiritual force behind the devil. i say this to say that the satanic spirit behind the devil, as you rightly alluded to is what afflicts you with sickness and diseases. for example, the depopulation going on in central africa by way of immune system destroying vaccines. there is a reason why this is done by the west. the people in the west go in there and decieve the people that the vaccines are good for them ( making them devils ) and they spread sickness to these people that will kill them off. the spirit motivating these devils to do this is the satanic spirit in them.

Satan into different from the devil. He is referred to as the devil in scriptures. Man was never referred to as the devil. The only beings referred to as devils are demons of darkness.

however, all human spirit is made by God ( ecclesiastes 12 vs 7 ). God makes spirits, as he makes everything he has created to have 2 sides, one opposing the other. This is done so you can [exercise your freewill. the spirit in man made by God has an evil and a good side. both opposing each other. its that simple. the evil side is satan. the good side is your godly side sirach 33 vs 15 Observe, then, all the works of the Most High, two by two, one opposite the other.

God made good things, we have the choice of using it wrongly. The fact that men used plane to bring down twin tower doesn't mean the plane was created for such. It is abuse.

God is absolutely in charge of everything. he is not impotent. nothing evil or good happens without him sanctioning it. he uses the satan in every human he has created for his own purpose proverbs 16 vs 4 All the works of Lord Jehovah are for those that submit to him, and the evil are kept for the day of evil[/b]this means he stores the satanic powers in people for the day of evil, like say he wants someone to kill a rapist, he will use the satanic power of someone who is ready to commit evil and bring their path together.

[b]James 1:17

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

God didn't create evil

every step you take in life and what you do and were you go is directed by the lord. you have an illusion of freewill with your comings and goings but the lord is who directs your steps PSALMS 20 VS 24 A man's steps are from the Lord; how then can man understand his way

Every step of man is not directed by God. We have a choice to know his will and to do it. God doesn't force his will on people.

SO THE POINT TO THIS WHOLE THING IS THAT, YES, DEVIL IS WHO AFFLICTS YOU WITH SICKNESS, AND YES SATAN IS WHO MOTIVATED THE DEVIL TO AFFLICT YOU WITH SICKNESS, BUT SATAN BELONGS TO GOD ( ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7 ) AND GOD IS WHO SENT SATAN TO AFFLICT YOU WITH SICKNESS

God is not in partnership with Satan dear. Rather on the opposite side .

1 John 3:8
. . .. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil

Acts 10:38
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

AND SATAN DOES NOT EXIST INDEPENDENTLY AS A SPIRIT, HE LIVES IN PEOPLE,

Satan doesn't live in people , it is demons that live in people. Satan exist an an independent being . And he will be judged by God whom you call "his partner"

AND IN THIS CASE IN A PERSON WHO HAS NOT SUPPRESSED THEIR SATANIC SIDE BY ALIGNING WITH GOD, WE SHALL CALL THIS PERSON DEVIL BECAUSE ANYONE WHO FUNCTIONS FROM THEIR SATANIC SIDE WILL HAVE DECEPTION AS A SYMPTOM. AND WHY DOES GOD SEND SATAN TO AFFLICT YOU WITH SICKNESS ?
2 ESDRAS 16 VS 19 Famine, epidemics, troubles, and suffering are sent to punish and correct people. and when you get afflicted what happens ?
HOSEA 6 VS 1[b] In their affliction they will seek me early, saying, Let us go, and return to the Lord our God; for he has torn, and will heal us[/b] ( YOU RUN BACK TO HIM AND SEEK HIM. SEE, HUMANS ONLY UNDERSTAND PAIN AND SUFFERING. WITHOUT PAIN AND SUFFERING NOBODY WILL TURN AWAY FROM SIN )

God created man perfect . Theres no satanic part of man. Isatan only had influence in the world because man fell through the sin of Adam . Jesus has died to bring change to that. That's why we teach the gospel.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:28am On May 08, 2012
buzugee: Ok i believe i need to clarify the difference between devil and satan as you referenced both names. the word devil simply means 'deciever' or 'liar'. this is a physical being. anyone ( could be your relative or friend ) who deceives you will be correctly labelled a devil. satan is the spiritual force behind the devil. i say this to say that the satanic spirit behind the devil, as you rightly alluded to is what afflicts you with sickness and diseases. for example, the depopulation going on in central africa by way of immune system destroying vaccines. there is a reason why this is done by the west. the people in the west go in there and decieve the people that the vaccines are good for them ( making them devils ) and they spread sickness to these people that will kill them off. the spirit motivating these devils to do this is the satanic spirit in them.

Satan into different from the devil. He is referred to as the devil in scriptures. Man was never referred to as the devil. The only beings referred to as devils are demons of darkness.

however, all human spirit is made by God ( ecclesiastes 12 vs 7 ). God makes spirits, as he makes everything he has created to have 2 sides, one opposing the other. This is done so you can [exercise your freewill. the spirit in man made by God has an evil and a good side. both opposing each other. its that simple. the evil side is satan. the good side is your godly side sirach 33 vs 15 Observe, then, all the works of the Most High, two by two, one opposite the other.

God made good things, we have the choice of using it wrongly. The fact that men used plane to bring down twin tower doesn't mean the plane was created for such. It is abuse.

[b]James 1:17

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

God didn't create evil

every step you take in life and what you do and were you go is directed by the lord. you have an illusion of freewill with your comings and goings but the lord is who directs your steps PSALMS 20 VS 24 A man's steps are from the Lord; how then can man understand his way

Every step of man is not directed by God. We have a choice to know his will and to do it. God doesn't force his will on people.

SO THE POINT TO THIS WHOLE THING IS THAT, YES, DEVIL IS WHO AFFLICTS YOU WITH SICKNESS, AND YES SATAN IS WHO MOTIVATED THE DEVIL TO AFFLICT YOU WITH SICKNESS, BUT SATAN BELONGS TO GOD ( ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7 ) AND GOD IS WHO SENT SATAN TO AFFLICT YOU WITH SICKNESS

. . .. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

AND SATAN DOES NOT EXIST INDEPENDENTLY AS A SPIRIT, HE LIVES IN PEOPLE,

Satan doesn't live in people , it is demons that live in people. Satan exist an an independent being . And he will be judged by God whom you call "his partner"

AND IN THIS CASE IN A PERSON WHO HAS NOT SUPPRESSED THEIR SATANIC SIDE BY ALIGNING WITH GOD, WE SHALL CALL THIS PERSON DEVIL BECAUSE ANYONE WHO FUNCTIONS FROM THEIR SATANIC SIDE WILL HAVE DECEPTION AS A SYMPTOM. AND WHY DOES GOD SEND SATAN TO AFFLICT YOU WITH SICKNESS ?

God created man perfect . Theres no satanic part of man. Isatan only had influence in the world because man fell through the sin of Adam . Jesus has died to bring change to that. That's why we teach the gospel.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by buzugee(m): 6:35am On May 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

God didn't create evil

isaiah 45 vs 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:42am On May 08, 2012
1 John 1:5
. . . God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by nuella2(f): 6:43am On May 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning

God didn't create evil

Thank you I was so blessed reading your post. Have a great day.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by buzugee(m): 6:46am On May 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

1 John 1:5
. . . God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
grin grin Chief Jo, at this point we are just going to have to agree to disagree. you are strong in your conviction and i am strong in mine. thats what its all about. we edify each other and learn from each other and enjoy each others perspective.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pitfalls Every Christian Should Avoid / How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe / Happy Happy Birthday To Bishop, Dr. David O, Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.