Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? (33478 Views)

What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? / Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? / Japanese Cars Vs German Cars - Which Do You Prefer To Use In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 4:57am On May 07, 2012
I have been thinking about this topic for a while and I reealy need your honest view about your experience with either Japanese or German vehicles. I have used both and I think German cars are more rugged, more fuel efficient, more durable,and more elegant. On the other hand, the Japanese vehicles seem to have parts and technicians available everywhere than Germans. The cost of parts for German vehicles seem to be higher, while the Japanese parts seem to be cheaper, but German vehicle parts last longer compare to that of Japanese parts. Japanese vehicle seem to have better interior than most German cars, but in recent times, German cars manufacturers have improved the interior design of their vehicles.

What is your take?

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by wopy(m): 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
This is the first time...... What an opportunity to b d first to respond...

GERMAN CARS ALL D WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
german are stronger ... like mercedes
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Lilimax(f): 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
Give me German cars anyday... smiley
German machine...

3 Likes

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Eyop: 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
German cars (Mercedes Benz to be precised) any day anytime. Because of its durability.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by yuzedo: 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
Biafran car like Chisco, Dan dollar, Ekenedilichukwu, Ifesinachi, etc etc! angry

24 Likes

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
some will say one is chinko and the other na machine, but they've never step their leg into either one since they were born.

6 Likes

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Jobig(m): 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
japanese cars has the highest on road accidents in 9jiria roads.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by tmaigari: 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
German or Japanese, it depends on your maintenance culture, default and any can die even the day you bought it.

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Fazhy: 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
There is a reason it's called 'GERMAN MACHINE'.

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
Please anyone knows any site I can check up on for cars in Germany cos I heard is not expensive over there....
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by bashorunbazok: 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
Its a tough question for me.I believe Japanese cars are more fuel efficient and ofcos their spare parts are readily available. However, my ultimate love for Mercedeez, BMW and Audi would make me go with German machines. Talk about German machines, talk about elegance, talk about class. wink

4 Likes

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by icekidjten(m): 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
german technology all d way cool cool
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Heagle(f): 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
grin##team Chinese car# ;
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
Japmobiles. . .hmm

I'll have an RWD, German mechanical piece anytime. cool

I still dig that GTR though. wink
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by ikekings1: 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
Fazhy: There is a reason it's called 'GERMAN MACHINE'.
Eziokwu bu ndu!!! Na true you talk..

1 Like

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by otijah(m): 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
China cars are more effecient and profitable than both
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by toskut(m): 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
German cars, Air Conditioning is always on point
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Guddy(m): 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
German Machines all the way
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by SUNNY45: 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
As much as i love German cars, i think the cost of maintenance isnt too friendly.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by tmaigari: 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
Jobig: japanese cars has the highest on road accidents in 9jiria roads.

Blame it on the Mechanics, not the cars, in this time and age precision is required in coupling these parts, Our mechanics are not upgrading at all, they replace these part in their own way without OEMs specification and configuration, the result to that is failure, failure = Accident.

3 Likes

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2013
pautex: 7th to comment. i will get day someday.
are u dreaming

cant't you see the long queue?

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by pautex: 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2013
payless: I have been thinking about this topic for a while and I reealy need your honest view about your experience with either Japanese or German vehicles. I have used both and I think German cars are more rugged, more fuel efficient, more durable,and more elegant. On the other hand, the Japanese vehicles seem to have parts and technicians available everywhere than Germans. The cost of parts for German vehicles seem to be higher, while the Japanese parts seem to be cheaper, but German vehicle parts last longer compare to that of Japanese parts. Japanese vehicle seem to have better interior than most German cars, but in recent times, German cars manufacturers have improved the interior design of their vehicles.

What is your take?
my Golf 3 can speak better. Machine is an understatement.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Eyop: 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2013
Who told you it's not expensive? It depends on the model you are buying. The older version will be cheaper while the newer ones will be expensive. Except you are looking at buying Mercedes Benz flat boot,VBoot,190 whether ruler or padded then you will get it very cheap.
ik.swiss:
Please anyone knows any site I can check up on for cars in Germany cos I heard is not expensive over there....
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
Japanese all the way....comparable performance to German counterparts.....but has superior durability.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by MAYOWAAK: 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
When shall we have NIGERIAN CARS?A nation of consumers!

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by pautex: 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
Eyop: Who told you it's not expensive? It depends on the model you are buying. The older version will be cheaper while the newer ones will be expensive. Except you are looking at buying Mercedes Benz flat boot,VBoot,190 whether ruler or padded then you will get it very cheap.
germancars.com
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by oguash: 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
german cars all the way. u cant actually compare a BMW or Benz to any japanese product na. Germans are known for their quality. German machines all the way
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by anonimi: 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
Interesting thread- bookmarked.
Any chance to compare with Korean cars too, the Hyundais, Kias etc

1 Like

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by spade: 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
German cars are generally made for rugged driving and excessive nitro. There's a certain kind of adrenaline rush you get when you're kicking it with these beasts.
[img]http://2.bp..com/-CRHZDY8mzrU/UQ5hxW8Af7I/AAAAAAAAA-8/ysCGPib6jzI/s1600/13C41_86.jpg[/img]
Although, from my observations, they tend to burn quite a lot of fuel.

Errr... I go for Japanese grin
Japanese cars are far more reliable and fuel-economical. If you're a family person, it's the best car for you too.
I see no point in owning a super-fast German car in an area where most of its speed is even illegal.

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by pharmow: 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
There is no basis for comparison.........................is like comparing iphone and sendo phone

German cars all the way.......................Nothing beats Be My Wife (BMW) and Being Everywhere Navigating Zealously (BENZ)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? / 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know / Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.