Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? (33470 Views)

What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? / Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? / Japanese Cars Vs German Cars - Which Do You Prefer To Use In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by PBundles(m): 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
Funny you state that Omar. I have a contact here who has a fleet of cars to die for ( can you imagine having that as a job). Anyway his exact words were: Nothing beats the sound of an Italian Car but......... you will be going back and forth to the garage to get it repaired. He had a Maserati Quattroporte, that was at repairs like every other month. When I asked if that was normal he was like, its Italian.

omar22:

Just talking about Speed and power (Super sport car) nothing rivals the Italians, on the other hand Le Man have been dominated by Audi powered engines.

So which one will you choose?

McLaren F1 or Ferrari Enzo

or Bugatti or Pagani Zonda
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by omonnakoda: 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2013
PBundles:
Funny you state that Omar. I have a contact here who has a fleet of cars to die for ( can you imagine having that as a job). Anyway his exact words were: Nothing beats the sound of an Italian Car but......... you will be going back and forth to the garage to get it repaired. He had a Maserati Quattroporte, that was at repairs like every other month. When I asked if that was normal he was like, its Italian.

Maybe 20 or 30 years ago .These days there is no such thing. Cars are INTERNATIONAL with lots of input ideas and parts made all over the world and even COMPETING companies come together to do research so as to reduce costs. You will find sometimes the exact same components in different marquees
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by elektra80: 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2013
asala1:
How many Toyota Crowns do you see on Nigerian roads or in Auto marts compare to 190?

You are not being fair. Ask urself when did Toyota and other Japanese cars start shipping many cars to Nigeria? Back in the day, it was regular Benz and Peugeot that plied our roads. After world war 2, the Japanese economy was affected and Toyota struggled to survive. The first Toyota car that was shipped into north America was in the late 50's, and then in late 60's they shipped 2 cars to Europe. You cannot compare the evolution of Toyota to that of Mercedes Benz who have been around internationally for a long time. The influx of Japanese cars into Nigeria started in the late 80's, and then it took time for people to show their loyalty. This is why u see more 1980's Benz on our roads than u will a Toyota crown. Fast forward many years later and the story is different. Toyota are there at the top now. No wonder in the top global brand of 2013, Toyota tops other automobiles sitting at no 10, with Mercedes Benz and BMW at 11 and 12 respectively. At no 1 is Apple, google at no 2 and coca cola no 3.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by PBundles(m): 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
This is not hearsay, its someone I know personally that has a fleet or cars (+40) ranging from US performance cars ( Shelbys) to the latest Ghost. I see him a lot as he lives near me and we converse. I know for a fact the Mas has been to the garage at least 3 times this year. Why would I lie about it

I remember a case where a Lambo Gallardo he owned ( he sold it) had 2 freak fires in the engine compartment. In honesty looking back all his rides had issues here and there, but the italian ones just seemed severe. I recall him stating how much it cost to keep the italian cars roadworthy, it was insane. The porsches on the other hand were a fraction of that.

omonnakoda:
Maybe 20 or 30 years ago .These days there is no such thing. Cars are INTERNATIONAL with lots of input ideas and parts made all over the world and even COMPETING companies come together to do research so as to reduce costs. You will find sometimes the exact same components in different marquees
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2013
omonnakoda:

In some ways, you're right. Though shared components will be limited to sensors, switches, brake pads, calipers, etc. The real heart of the car remains the engine. Sure, two different marques can share the same engine, but use different engine management. Different combinations and power outputs can mean one engine's more highly strung than the other, despite sharing a common block.

Which is why two different cars, with the same engines may have different reliability issues. Italian exotic cars ARE highly strung, and more fragile than the average daily hack. A Toyota Supra will outlive a Ferrari Testarossa, a Mazda 3 MPS will outlive a Lancia Delta, and that's a fact. The Toyota can be driven every single day of the year, beat up on and abused, and it'll survive. Ferrari is an Italian exotic, not built to be hammered day in day out. It's a weekend toy, to be enjoyed on occasion. I don't know any Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Maserati, Pagani owner who owns one of these exotics, and no other car. That drives these cars daily, and covers thousands of miles every year.

The tolerances built into Italian supercars means they're not forgiving when it comes to abuse.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by omonnakoda: 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2013
Siena:

In some ways, you're right. Though shared components will be limited to sensors, switches, brake pads, calipers, etc. The real heart of the car remains the engine. Sure, two different marques can share the same engine, but use different engine management. Different combinations and power outputs can mean one engine's more highly strung than the other, despite sharing a common block.

Which is why two different cars, with the same engines may have different reliability issues. Italian exotic cars ARE highly strung, and more fragile than the average daily hack. A Toyota Supra will outlive a Ferrari Testarossa, a Mazda 3 MPS will outlive a Lancia Delta, and that's a fact. The Toyota can be driven every single day of the year, beat up on and abused, and it'll survive. Ferrari is an Italian exotic, not built to be hammered day in day out. It's a weekend toy, to be enjoyed on occasion. I don't know any Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Maserati, Pagani owner who owns one of these exotics, and no other car. That drives these cars daily, and covers thousands of miles every year.

The tolerances built into Italian supercars means they're not forgiving when it comes to abuse.

I think you are straying from the matter under discussion. How many people have seen a Ferrarri in their lives. We are talking the kinds of cars that people on this thread or most people know about and we are talkingg Japanese/German . I don't know what you mean by outlast but very few people aim to grow old together with their cars. I think the comparison here is mainly Japanese Sedans eg Toyota Avensis /Camry versus Passats BMWs and maybe Mercedes versus Lexus
I have already posted earlier links of collaboration on the Engines. There are few secrets as far as engines are concerned these days and there is little difference in the engines on NON-racing cars . Manufactures may downgrade to save costs but if you live abroad you can ask for more powerful engines if you are willing to pay. Subaru have some of the best engines but are not very popular
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by addictiv(m): 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2013
depends on who s asking.....i think german cars are more exquisite and almost at par with likes of jaguar, Rolls Royce, land rover etc in terms of longevity and performance
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by addictiv(m): 11:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
baby-boy:

Japanese car industry uses less raw materials to make a car, thats why you hardly see a Japanese car that rust, you are more likely to see rust on a Merc than a Honda
any car can rust. so long it is exposed to forces of nature....thats why you have a garage.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by eaglechild: 1:36am On Oct 24, 2013
Siena:

I agree. Ownership of a marque may change, but the heritage remains the same.

Italian cars are the best on planet Earth? I disagree with this.

Mainstream Italian cars, like Fiat, Lancia and Alfa Romeo compete against the mainstream German marques. These Italian cars are high maintenance, and can be described as fragile. The average comparable Japanese car may not match the performance of the Italian rivals, (which are argueably real driver's cars) but are streets ahead in terms of durability. As a daily driver, An Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS is highly strung, a Toyota Corolla Sport, BMW 120 M-Sport or Audi A3 1.8T Sport isn't.

The supercar sector has been dominated by the Italians - Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti, Pagani, Maserati for many years. Then the Nissan Skyline R32 / R33 came along, narrowing the gap. Today, the Nissan GTR is a formidable contender, a sport Grand Tourismo, with 4 seats and performance to seriously threaten the Italian masters. Very few Italian supercars are practical as daily drivers, and definitely not for a family. Then there's the Porsche, which is as practical as it gets, especially the Panamera, which has supercar performance in a 5-door, 4 seater body. It will also outlive the Italians.

Down the road from me is Verdi Ferrari, all they cater for is supercars. Google them, and see what they're up to. Italian supercars spend a lot of time undergoing surgery, as they break often. I like them, but as a daily driver (and sole means of transport) not practical. If you're referring to outright pace, then a Caterham 7 will run rings round the average Italian supercar.
Oh my goodness,
you almost made me come by mentioning PAGANI, CATERHAM and NISSAN SKYLINE etc in the same sentence.
You know your cars.

Pagani is as exclusive as it gets.
Just like the Caterham.

My take is, no one knows how to make a car drive better than the Germans, for now.
However, when it comes to reliability the Japs have it.

Very practical example, my friend got a new BMW 5 series some years back 2007 with a full BMW motor plan and warranty, along the line (3 years) he just had to give up the car as he was always at the dealership.
Broken AC(my old maxima has its AC running for 6 years)
Faulty electricals i think power seats/nav
Kept changing the light bulbs
etc
Bear in mind you have to use PREMIUM everything from petrol to oil to run flat tires.
I once drove the car and i have never experienced any family car that drives better.

He did not upgrade his model but opted for a 2012 Toyota Fortuner which has not seen the dealership except for routine.

I think German cars are too finicky, they need premium everything including maintenance for you to enjoy them.
Only VW maybe is an exception,
Yes they are mostly luxury brands but lexus and infiniti are not that choosy.

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by nairaner(m): 9:45am On Oct 24, 2013
Most people seem to be saying that German cars consume a lot of fuel which is either what they have read from unreliable sources or heard from people who may not have ever driven a german car.

I have owned various species of Japanese cars as well as German cars. They will BOTH CONSUME fuel if they have big engine sizes.

Compare fuel consumption of a German 1.8 Litre engine against a japanese 1.8 Litre engine and you will see that they are same.

Compare fuel consumption of a German 2.5 Litre engine against a japanese 2.5 Litre engine and you will see that they are same.

Reason for this misconception is that, most of the german cars in Nigeria have the big engine sizes 2.5 or above while most of the japanese have the smaller engine sizes of 2.0 or lower. The comparison people make unknowingly/ignorantly usually over looks the engine sizes and conclude that german cars consume more fuel.

Simple!!!!!!!!!!!! wink

3 Likes

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by omar22(m): 11:19am On Oct 24, 2013
addictiv:
any car can rust. so long it is exposed to forces of nature....thats why you have a garage.

I dont think so, car bodies are built with fibre-glass, they do not rust!
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by omar22(m): 11:26am On Oct 24, 2013
naira-ner:
Most people seem to be saying that German cars consume a lot of fuel which is either what they have read from unreliable sources or heard from people who may not have ever driven a german car.

I have owned various species of Japanese cars as well as German cars. They will BOTH CONSUME fuel if they have big engine sizes.

Compare fuel consumption of a German 1.8 Litre engine against a japanese 1.8 Litre engine and you will see that they are same.

Compare fuel consumption of a German 2.5 Litre engine against a japanese 2.5 Litre engine and you will see that they are same.

Reason for this misconception is that, most of the german cars in Nigeria have the big engine sizes 2.5 or above while most of the japanese have the smaller engine sizes of 2.0 or lower. The comparison people make unknowingly/ignorantly usually over looks the engine sizes and conclude that german cars consume more fuel.

Simple!!!!!!!!!!!! wink

I beg to differ....

Its like saying a BMW 520i consume the same amount of fuel as a Mazda 626 despite both have 1991 CC engine! They might be the same engine size but the miles to the gallon is way different!
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
addictiv:

So if I was going to buy a Mercedes-Benz from a dealership, and questioned corrosion protection, you'd tell me "that's why you have a garage"? And you'd truly expect to make a sale? Cars are exposed to "forces of nature" whilst being driven. I guess the option is to buy the car, and keep it under cover as an expensive paper weight.

And when the car's in service, as in being driven, I suppose the garage is taken along? Car's are meant to have a certain degree of corrosion protection - galvanised or similar. MB has minimal protection, or the steel used is poor quality, who knows?

The fact remains they rust faster than the average competition.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by dante23: 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
iheneme: What would you say about Mercedes 190?
The Benz 190 is such an astounding car. If you are trying to make indications about the dashboard, pls search for japanese cars that are age mates with the 190.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by tonychristopher: 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
when was the last time you saw Toyota,mazda,mitshibushi and subaru win a formular 1 race or grand prix

when was the last time you see an asian jeep used in real warfare, who started the manufacture of cars

comparing japos with german cars is like comparing lizard.with an aligator

have you ever driven a Benz and appreciate the handling then you drive a Mazda it looks as a paper

been largest producer of autos isn't quality but quantity

German cars have their niche market but japos are all comers affair

IT'S LIKE COMPARING A ROLEX DATEJUST CHRONO WITH CASIO. WHAT A TRAVESTY.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by elektra80: 12:24am On Oct 26, 2013
tonychristopher: when was the last time you saw Toyota,mazda,mitshibushi and subaru win a formular 1 race or grand prix

when was the last time you see an asian jeep used in real warfare, who started the manufacture of cars

comparing japos with german cars is like comparing lizard.with an aligator

have you ever driven a Benz and appreciate the handling then you drive a Mazda it looks as a paper

been largest producer of autos isn't quality but quantity

German cars have their niche market but japos are all comers affair

IT'S LIKE COMPARING A ROLEX DATEJUST CHRONO WITH CASIO. WHAT A TRAVESTY.

How many times have u seen a lotus, Ferrari 312T, pagani zonda, McLaren, Tyrell p34, etc drive by... Because these are a few of F1 cars. So its very silly of u to ask how many Japanese cars have won the F1 when u know F1 cars are not street cars. I am not taking it away from German cars. They have come a long way and the brand that is Mercedes and BMW are respected. But believe it or not, Toyota have been getting better scores recently. In fact the Toyota brand has leap frogged Benz and BMW in the chat of top brands in 2013, u can google it urself. If they can be that, it means they are doing something right.

it is not comparing a lizard with aligator... Well it might be when u are comparing a Mercedes Benz e320 with a Toyota Camry or an accord, but it becomes tighter when u compare it with a Lexus or an Acura... Or are these not japs? Germans have been in the game for long. Japs came in with their own strategy which was to produce economy cars to win customers and believe me,over the years they have improved, bringing a balance to economy, performance and reliability, something the Germans don't care about. Its not just about performance, what about reliability? Its no secret Toyota and Honda sell more cars, its because of their reliability. Go to Owode Onirin, u will see what I'm talking about. I have seen some VW and Skoda cars that are terrible, are they not Germans? Or are German cars just Benz and BMW? What about Infiniti? Is that not Japanese? Or does that feel like paper when u are driving it? Have u driven the Hyundai Equus? That is one hell of a car that gives the S class a run for its money. Lets take,for example. An average bachelor that wants to get his first car for driving around the city to and from work, would u buy a Benz or a Toyota? Of course majority would buy a Toyota. But if u are rich, u get the 2. The Benz for weekend things and Toyota as,everyday car. So its a win win, both have their advantage or disadvantage. Mistakes people make is comparing a top class luxurious Mercedes Benz e class or clk with a Toyota Camry when they should be comparing with a Lexus or Infiniti. Check attached pictures of Hyundai Equus.

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by elektra80: 1:09am On Oct 26, 2013
elektra80:

How many times have u seen a lotus, Ferrari 312T, pagani zonda, McLaren, Tyrell p34, etc drive by... Because these are a few of F1 cars. So its very silly of u to ask how many Japanese cars have won the F1 when u know F1 cars are not street cars. I am not taking it away from German cars. They have come a long way and the brand that is Mercedes and BMW are respected. But believe it or not, Toyota have been getting better scores recently. In fact the Toyota brand has leap frogged Benz and BMW in the chat of top brands in 2013, u can google it urself. If they can be that, it means they are doing something right.

it is not comparing a lizard with aligator... Well it might be when u are comparing a Mercedes Benz e320 with a Toyota Camry or an accord, but it becomes tighter when u compare it with a Lexus or an Acura... Or are these not japs? Germans have been in the game for long. Japs came in with their own strategy which was to produce economy cars to win customers and believe me,over the years they have improved, bringing a balance to economy, performance and reliability, something the Germans don't care about. Its not just about performance, what about reliability? Its no secret Toyota and Honda sell more cars, its because of their reliability. Go to Owode Onirin, u will see what I'm talking about. I have seen some VW and Skoda cars that are terrible, are they not Germans? Or are German cars just Benz and BMW? What about Infiniti? Is that not Japanese? Or does that feel like paper when u are driving it? Have u driven the Hyundai Equus? That is one hell of a car that gives the S class a run for its money. Lets take,for example. An average bachelor that wants to get his first car for driving around the city to and from work, would u buy a Benz or a Toyota? Of course majority would buy a Toyota. But if u are rich, u get the 2. The Benz for weekend things and Toyota as,everyday car. So its a win win, both have their advantage or disadvantage. Mistakes people make is comparing a top class luxurious Mercedes Benz e class or clk with a Toyota Camry when they should be comparing with a Lexus or Infiniti. Check attached pictures of Hyundai Equus.

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Originalsly: 5:28am On Oct 26, 2013
Japanese or German? I would prefer a Japanese car in the same class. The main reason is reliability. Until the Germans can get their whole act together I can't bank on them. Too often I see their cars stranded on the highway...fairly new cars...and my first thought would be it ran out of gas...but I know better. If checked online the Japanese hog almost all of the top ten spots when it comes to reliability. However...I think German cars are more luxurious, sturdier, handle better, gives better protection in case of accidents and have a superior AWD system....but....not reliable. Did you ever pause to think why Toyota is mainly used in expeditions and almost never any German SUV? I think reliability problem.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by experience16: 7:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
Originalsly: True..the GTR is a breed all by itself. I think Nissan cars are usually faster than other cars in the same class. The Maxima is a family sedan and also very fast...how fast should someone be driving with his family?...the Maxima would clock 120mph and you would think you're cruising at 90. Where do you want to go with your family at such speeds?...Heaven?
Do u know how much the nissan maxima 2005 or 2006 model Tokunbo car will cost? I just fall in love with dat car and I want to buy it before the end of this year
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by kingschild123(m): 3:51pm On Oct 27, 2013
I know from experience that Japanese
cars last much longer than anything else.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by auhanson(m): 10:14pm On Oct 27, 2013
Siena:

Probably more than one who has to resort to verbal abuse to get his point across. I challenge you to defend your preferred marque, constructively, and without verbal abuse, or swearing.

Can you manage that?

smiley

Siena, i beg you , forget this guy with his distraction for some cheap kind of recognition, we aint interested. Continue your detailing , i'm enjoying it.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by PBundles(m): 12:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
Thought Hyundai was Korean. And though the Equus may give the S a run for its money at the end its S all the way. There are many links comparing the two actually. The analogy on Toyota vs MB isnt true to me. I dont any ANY BACHELOR who given the chance and finance to buy either would choose a Toyota sorry.

elektra80:

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Jagermeister(m): 10:01am On Nov 07, 2013
Siena:

The Nissan GTR is an awesome beast, that's for sure.

But, Japanese tend to have high-performance models only in Coupe form. The Germans build high-performance models in more body styles, to appeal to a wider market.

Sedan.
Wagon.
Coupe.
Hatchback.
Roadster.
SUV.

The Japanese offerings tend to be non-family friendly 2-door Coupes. It's nice to have a powerful car that is a beast, blisteringly quick, handles well, yet can take the whole family on a trip, and all their luggage too.

Nissan Skyline / GTR - a mean machine, but not practical for a family, so it loses out to the Germans on flexibility.

Absolutely Siena, Practicality is essentially crucial for a complete car regardless of its power...on the plus side, the Mazda rx-8 is a wankel-rotary engine with 226 bhp, I don't know its top-speed but it posseses fabolous handling(I've driven one) , although its a 1.8, it gets up to 9,000 rpm... To think of it, its Japanese...what do u think of it?
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Jagermeister(m): 10:04am On Nov 07, 2013
Siena:

The Nissan GTR is an awesome beast, that's for sure.

But, Japanese tend to have high-performance models only in Coupe form. The Germans build high-performance models in more body styles, to appeal to a wider market.

Sedan.
Wagon.
Coupe.
Hatchback.
Roadster.
SUV.

The Japanese offerings tend to be non-family friendly 2-door Coupes. It's nice to have a powerful car that is a beast, blisteringly quick, handles well, yet can take the whole family on a trip, and all their luggage too.

Nissan Skyline / GTR - a mean machine, but not practical for a family, so it loses out to the Germans on flexibility.

Absolutely Siena, Practicality is essentially crucial for a complete car regardless of its power...on the plus side, the Mazda rx-8 is a wankel-rotary engine with 226 bhp, I don't know its top-speed but it posseses fabolous handling(I've driven one) , although its a 1.8, it gets up to 9,000 rpm... Now to being practical, it beats the GTR because it has space for two in the back(@ least for kids)...To think of it, its Japanese...what do u think of it?
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 07, 2013
^^^ Jager, the Mazda RX8 is not a 1.8. it's a 1.3. and it' not a Wankel. It's a Renesis. Wankel ended with the Mazda RX7.

Rotary engines are not practical, they are thirsty on both gas and oil. Yeah, 220 hp sounds good on paper...but it lacks torque, due to the Rotary design. Twin rotors. The RX8 performs best at high rpm, poor at low rpm with 4 adults on board.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Jagermeister(m): 10:27am On Nov 07, 2013
[quote author=elektra80][/quote]
Accurate illustrations, but Skoda isn't German, its Czechoslovakian!
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Jagermeister(m): 10:32am On Nov 07, 2013
[quote author=elektra80][/quote]
Well detailed, I couldn't agree any better, but skoda isn't German, its Czechoslovakian!
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Jagermeister(m): 10:44am On Nov 07, 2013
Siena: ^^^ Jager, the Mazda RX8 is not a 1.8. it's a 1.3. and it' not a Wankel. It's a Renesis. Wankel ended with the Mazda RX7.

Rotary engines are not practical, they are thirsty on both gas and oil. Yeah, 220 hp sounds good on paper...but it lacks torque, due to the Rotary design. Twin rotors. The RX8 performs best at high rpm, poor at low rpm with 4 adults on board.
Yes boss, I meant to say 1.3 (typo error)... Both the RX-7 & RX-8 have standard wankel engines only there was an upgrade in the RX-7's successor, the RX-8 is a Renesis(wankel).. I've seen a documentary of this car on Top-Gear & Jeremy can't be wrong... I agree also that wankels are gas-thirst because they aren't regular gasoline engines! They perform poorly @ lower rpm's because although, they have space for four, they were not designed to deliver with a loaded back-seat! One thing is basic still, Its handling is phenomenal..
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Jagermeister(m): 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2013
omoeso: Enough said... Now you guys should ask yourself this simple question, why do so many multi-millionaires/billionaires use german cars. Also, notice most presidents and head of states prefer german cars as official cars. Very simple....absolutely un-comparable!
Ur comment is utterly biased & plain sentimental, it lacks proper backing... What u just potrayed is big-money, I once rode in a plain 2010 toyota Avalon that was bullet-proof, that car can conveniently protect any head-of-state without a qualm...I was thrilled when i read its statistics, so what's ur point mate?
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Jagermeister(m): 7:09pm On Nov 07, 2013
Sorry I'm derailing, I jst want to share this grin, my dad used to own this car back in the '90s & quite admittedly it was a huge delight @ d time...it was red-coloured!

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 07, 2013
^^^ Lada Niva!! shocked This was one of my mom's official cars back in the '80's, in the absense of the almost obligatory Peugeot 504 GL. I loved it, tough Russian tank.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Jagermeister(m): 11:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Siena: ^^^ Lada Niva!! shocked This was one of my mom's official cars back in the '80's, in the absense of the almost obligatory Peugeot 504 GL. I loved it, tough Russian tank.
Hell yeah, it was our regular family car back in the mid-nineties.... Real Russian tank!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know / How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? / Price Of A Toyota Rav 4 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.