Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras (5838 Views)

Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? / Contacts Of Nollywood Cast(actors/actresses) And Crew / Most Annoying Nigerian Actors/Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by Seun(m): 11:42am On Nov 13, 2007
Hello,

This is a casting call for a situational comedy I'm producing.
We need talented and attractive comic actors/actresses.

We need 2 actors and 2 actresses for the central cast and
are building a list of suitable day players and extras.

Send your photo and a brief letter of interest to:

Thanks.
PS: I'll be updating this thread regularly as our needs evolve,
so please make sure you subscribe.

Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by Seun(m): 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2007
The sitcom revolves around a young husband, his young wife, and their two close friends - one male, one female.

[s]The husband is your basic handsome hunk (relatively dark, tall, built like a real man, sounds like a man).

The wife is your ideal domestic belle. Pretty enough to be a model, feminine, petite, delicate, and curvy.

The male friend is a wacko/buffoon. That's all there is to it. Someone like Denrele would do just fine.

The female friend is sensual, sexy, comfortable in scandalous outfits, tall, experienced. You know wink[/s]

Just get in touch please. Thanks.
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by jaybanks(m): 2:43pm On Nov 13, 2007
any other way to apply apart from the email .i mean physically?
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by saucekid(m): 2:53pm On Nov 13, 2007
@ jaybanks,

all you have to do is just send your letter of consent and a snapshot na
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by texazzpete(m): 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2007
jaybanks:

any other way to apply apart from the email .i mean physically?

Um. . .What's so difficult about sending a photo in an email?
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by Seun(m): 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2007
Much of casting is looking the part i.e. what you have on the outside.
If you don't look the part, there's no point wasting your time and mine. wink
(If the script calls for an ugly actor and you're beautiful, what's the point?)

On the other hand, even if you don't fit the parts i have in mind right now,
a future script might require someone just like you and having your photo on file helps.
This is expected to be an ongoing comedy show, with new characters every week.

If you look the part, the next stage is to invite you for an audition at Sango Ota.
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by telescorpy: 3:18pm On Nov 13, 2007
smileyHi Seun,tot i sent a reply ,anyway read ur post and i'm so interested.i'm a model and have dabbled a little in acting.currently anchoring/hosting a show on tv.want to knw,r u a producer/director?.wld like to knw wats up.ciao, smiley
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by Seun(m): 3:28pm On Nov 13, 2007
telescorpy: want to knw,r u a producer/director?.would like to knw wats up.ciao,
Hi! Well, I'm the producer, and I'll be co-directing with a guy who directs cost effective movies and loves sitcoms. We've been able to recruit a small and growing army of freelance writers, and now our focus is on the cast.
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by jazworld(m): 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2007
seun i want in 4 ur casting crew.pls am on line j_arigu4rill@yahoo.com so can give u my pics cool
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by slitty: 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2007
@ seun, i hope you've gotten my mail, but i'll to know if the picture should show the face alone or it should be full lenght,
i am very interested in the sitcom
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by Seun(m): 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2007
@slitty: Yes, I think I've replied you. I believe I asked for your pic.

I'm looking for people who understand and desire the challenge of comedy performance - making people laugh.
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by slitty: 8:33am On Nov 16, 2007
@ seun, i haven't seen your reply and i believe i attached a picture of mine to the mail i sent
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by Seun(m): 9:44am On Nov 16, 2007
@slitty: what's your name and what's your email address?

@others: in order to encourage more people to respond, I want you to know that no acting experience is required. Although acting experience (especially in comedy) really does help, I'm willing to give everyone a chance.
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by slitty: 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2007
@ seun,
my e - add is slittiey@yahoo.com (the mail i sent earlier was not with this ok?
the above will be a better corresponding tool.

i will be waiting to hear from you
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by Seun(m): 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2007
Obviously I want to know the email address you corresponded with me earlier. Otherwise how do I identify you?
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by slitty: 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2007
thats not a problem. i will send another email to your box giving you both addresses. i have my reasons for not wanting to post it on board.

thanks
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by Seun(m): 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2007
Ok. The situation right now is very awful. Only 5 respondents so far?
This goes against the popular idea that everybody wants to be famous.
Even my real estate agent wants me to cast her daughters, and yet
in the whole of Nairaland I only have 5 interested actors? Instead of 50-100? Wow!

Maybe I was too specific? Look, as long as you have some talent, we can give you a shot.

1 Like

Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by ghettochyk(f): 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2007
cool. dis seems nice. congrats on ur sit-com seun. good luck. wink
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by nazzyon(m): 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2007
Seun:

Ok. The situation right now is very awful. Only 5 respondents so far?
This goes against the popular idea that everybody wants to be famous.
Even my real estate agent wants me to cast her daughters, and yet
in the whole of Nairaland I only have 5 interested actors? Instead of 50-100? Wow!

Maybe I was too specific? Look, as long as you have some talent, we can give you a shot.

Don't worry people go soon show face. I guess the geeks are in presently.
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by Tosbi(m): 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2007
Waow. I am very much interested in this and would be immensely glad to be involued.
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by finekid(m): 8:43am On Nov 17, 2007
Wish you all abundant success!
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by saucekid(m): 9:47am On Nov 17, 2007
@ seun,

you know my stance on this

@ all who are interested

going by most of y'all posts,you yak about wanting to be actors and actresses,now's your chance to prove your onions, i know y'all are looking at the big picture but i'll advise to use this opportunity to move yourselves to the big screen
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by niceuzor: 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2007
Seun - and this Sitcom  angry must you post it in every member's account?
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by Seun(m): 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2007
To get more people to respond, obviously. Asking for a photo may be my mistake, but I think it's really needed.
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by predi(m): 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2007
hey man!
wish i could be of any form of help-but iam in abj. weneva u wanna shoot a scene hia, just let me knw beta still if dia's any help yu nid wif casts or script writin?-holla me.

sulebramms@yahoo.co.uk
name is toyeenbramms
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by SugaLips(f): 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2007
Seun, have you got a name for the sitcom?
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by dametallic(m): 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2007
i stay in ib, and i am 6'3
and i really wanna be an actor, yeah i am also dark but not built, can i get a role in the film, iu have no big scaled experience, i just act in mini theatre groups, do i have a chance, people say i am a very good actor, i aint bragging,
its dmt
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by Seun(m): 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2007
Hello damettalic: Okay. Please get in touch with the required items. Headshot, statement of interest.
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by luckies(m): 11:16pm On Nov 18, 2007
HELLO,
THE NAME LUCKY, I AM VERY MUCH INTRESTED IN BEING A PART OF THE SITUATIONAL COMEDY YOU ARE PRODUCING (OR INTEND TO PRODUCE AS THE CASE MAY BE) I AM 6F+ , WELL BUILT (NOT THE MACHO MAN KIND OF BEING BUILT, BUT THE MODEL KIND OF BEING BUILT) AND I THINK I LOOK GOOD (CANDIDLY I THINK I AM OK ) I'V GOT SO MUCH LOVE FOR ACTING (FRINDS SAY I'V GOT SKILLS). I DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODY THINKS, ONE THING I KNOW IS THE FACT THAT ALL UP AND COMMING ARTIST (ACTRO, ACTRESS, COMEDIAN,MUSICIAN, ETC ) NEEDS A CHANCE TO PROVE HIS\HER SKIL.LS, I THINK THIS IS THAT CHANCE I HAV BEEN LOOKING FOR .
I WILL PROCEED TO SENDING MY PICTURE VIA YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS.
HOPE TO HEARE FROM SOONEST.
LUCKY
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by niceuzor: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2007
Seun Still more people re not responding? what are we going to do?  undecided
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by empee(f): 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2007
thumbs up man but wat happens to people like me who are interested and does not stay in lagos or ogun state
Re: Casting Call For New Sitcom: Actors, Actresses, And Extras by Seun(m): 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2007
@empee: where are you located?

(1) (2)

Best Site To Download Latest Hollywood Movies / Your Top 3 Tv Series For 2014 / Whatsapp Group For Movie Lovers (flash, Arrow, Agent Of SHIELD, Supergirl, Etc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.