Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll (10575 Views)

PDP Will Win Gubernatorial Poll In 24 States – Mu’azu / Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) / Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by MrGlobe(m): 5:45pm On May 07, 2012
The Senator representing Anambra South Senatorial District, Dr. Andy Uba at the weekend confirmed the rumour that he was interested in the 2014 governorship race in Anambra State, urging his people of Old Aguata Union (OAU) to brace up for the contest.

Uba who paid a thank-you visit to the three local governments that made up OAU, Aguata, Orumba North and Orumba South, assured his people that in one year, the state would wear a new look, that the people would regret not having him as Governor over the years.

He said, “I am just here to thank you all for coming out to vote for me again.
You voted for me the first time, our opponents went to court and after everything they asked us to go back for a re-run. My opponents because they own government, went about sharing rice, wrapper, money and even organized a victory party before the election because they were assured by their cohorts of victory.

“My opponents plotted all their ways of ensuring that we did not win, they did every thing but they forgot to do one thing and that is they forgot to put God in their plan but for us God is the ultimate. He is the one that gives power and he has given us.

“What I want to tell you people today is that this is just the beginning, we are heading somewhere and I know if it is the wish of God we will get there and if we get there, just give us one year and you will see that Anambra will be different. I will bring in here people who will bring their wealth and invest here for our youths to get job. That airport will be built and many more things.”

He urged the people of OAU to unit and fight a common goal, stressing that all he wanted was to develop his state and his area as God has already blessed him.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2012/may/07/newsbreak-07-05-2012-001.html
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Funkymallam(m): 5:50pm On May 07, 2012
Hmmmm
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by NwaNimo1(m): 5:51pm On May 07, 2012
Abi na Dr Andy Uba dey run - has he finished his exams this time!

Anyway, the Uba's have long been a nemesis in Anambra politics.

Lets wait until Chris Uba enters the equation . . .
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by MrGlobe(m): 5:52pm On May 07, 2012
I knew Anambra state would have been a million times better than it is today if this man was allowed to become governor. How much is he going to steal? He has all the money he could need and he commissioned an airport project just 1 week into office, unfortunately the sadist peter obi canceled it for nothing. However Andy should leave 2014 for soludo. he should focus on the senate (likewise ngige) and leave the governorship or soludo. soludo is the blueprint for the state.They should not allow the bickering that cost them the seat in 2010 to repeat itself in 2014. They should settle for soludo. and soludo must ensure he sends peter obi to jail or argentina (like sylva) whn he becomes governor. that man is a cruel thief.

1 Like

Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by MrGlobe(m): 5:53pm On May 07, 2012
soludo too is from aguata
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by amosy007: 5:55pm On May 07, 2012
Its funny how God they sweet dis politrickian to call when they want peoples mandate buh embrace devil totally when they want to loot sad
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Onlytruth(m): 6:10pm On May 07, 2012
Mr. Globe:
I knew Anambra state would have been a million times better than it is today if this man was allowed to become governor. How much is he going to steal? He has all the money he could need and he commissioned an airport project just 1 week into office, unfortunately the sadist peter obi canceled it for nothing. However Andy should leave 2014 for soludo. he should focus on the senate (likewise ngige) and leave the governorship or soludo. soludo is the blueprint for the state.They should not allow the bickering that cost them the seat in 2010 to repeat itself in 2014. They should settle for soludo. and soludo must ensure he sends peter obi to jail or argentina (like sylva) whn he becomes governor. that man is a cruel thief.

Well said, only that I hate PDP with a passion.
Somehow I cannot divorce our problems from PDP.

If they allow independent candidacy, then Soludo should run as an independent candidate.
Infact I advise every serious gubernatorial candidate in Anambra state to leave PDP, because that party is a den of thieves!
As for Andy, I like his ambition. Anambra needs a very ambitious governor. His main Achilles heel is his brother Chris Uba.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by deshclones(m): 6:25pm On May 07, 2012
Mr. Globe:

you are so on point...peter obi is and will remain the worst governor after that dim wit mbadinuju...its a pity Anambrarians vote based on sentiments and religious affiliations esp d roman catholics..like i always argue with my uncle..The ubas are really eager to redeem their already bruised and over dented reputation in anambra nay ala-igbo...andy uba has all the money he needs dude is on a salvage mission..too bad we mis-interpreted him, guess the inactions of his heavily demon possesed brother is still fresh in our memory..but i think he should take a bow and leave the stage for the nnukwu mmanwu charles soludo..thank God APGA is in disarray now..so soludo is definitely the man to beat...i rest my case till 2014 cool cool cool
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by MrGlobe(m): 6:41pm On May 07, 2012
deshclones:

you are so on point...peter obi is and will remain the worst governor after that dim wit mbadinuju...its a pity Anambrarians vote based on sentiments and religious affiliations esp d roman catholics..like i always argue with my uncle..The ubas are really eager to redeem their already bruised and over dented reputation in anambra nay ala-igbo...andy uba has all the money he needs dude is on a salvage mission..too bad we mis-interpreted him, guess the inactions of his heavily demon possesed brother is still fresh in our memory..but i think he should take a bow and leave the stage for the nnukwu mmanwu charles soludo..thank God APGA is in disarray now..so soludo is definitely the man to beat...i rest my case till 2014 cool cool cool
Well said brov
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by chino11(m): 7:05pm On May 07, 2012
Eze Igbo NL, kedu ije nwanne mu. Is like you went to the North Pole (Greenland) precisely. lol

Back to the topic: I sincerely believe that Andy Uba is for good and that the young man has come to right the many wrongs. Though I believe in Peter Obi too, but having come from same town Uga with Andy am sure it will not affect my position on the achievements of Obi.

Andy Uba we support you all the way. cool

2 Likes

Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by ak47mann(m): 7:23pm On May 07, 2012
soludo should take APGA ticket for 2014..............

1 Like

Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:22pm On May 07, 2012
Onlytruth:

Well said, only that I hate PDP with a passion.
Somehow I cannot divorce our problems from PDP.

If they allow independent candidacy, then Soludo should run as an independent candidate.
Infact I advise every serious gubernatorial candidate in Anambra state to leave PDP, because that party is a den of thieves!
As for Andy, I like his ambition. Anambra needs a very ambitious governor. His main Achilles heel is his brother Chris Uba.

Eze,where have you been ? We miss you. Hope you are well.
On a serious note; Andy will never become the governor of Anambra.
Soludo
Ngige
Akunyili.
One of the three names mentioned above holds the staff ! But it will be one of the most toughest gubernatorial election in the history on Nigeria. Lots of big weights!
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Ekans: 11:25pm On May 07, 2012
When will the UBA family realize that Anambrarians hate them with a passion.Tufia to his candidacy,all these sponsored replies in his favour are just full of shit.God himself will fight Andy(illitrate)Uba.Somebody say a big Amen to that.

1 Like

Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Abagworo(m): 11:32pm On May 07, 2012
Mr. Globe:
I knew Anambra state would have been a million times better than it is today if this man was allowed to become governor. How much is he going to steal? He has all the money he could need and he commissioned an airport project just 1 week into office, unfortunately the sadist peter obi canceled it for nothing. However Andy should leave 2014 for soludo. he should focus on the senate (likewise ngige) and leave the governorship or soludo. soludo is the blueprint for the state.They should not allow the bickering that cost them the seat in 2010 to repeat itself in 2014. They should settle for soludo. and soludo must ensure he sends peter obi to jail or argentina (like sylva) when he becomes governor. that man is a cruel thief.

I wish some other Igbos will come to terms with this reality. Anambra missed out when Peter Obi ingeniously won that election through unconventional means.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:36pm On May 07, 2012
Mr. Globe:

You think Soludo can outwit Ngige in Anambra politics ? I dey laff sef. You need to understand that Ngige is a GOD FATHER in Anambra politics. He defeated Soludo in the last governorship election. Dude is like the proverbial cat with seven lives. The only reason why Peter defeated him is because he(peter) has brought brought lots of basic infrastructures and also with the power of incumbent. This will be a tough election and dont count Akunyili out.

Nri Priest speaking.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:40pm On May 07, 2012
Abagworo:

I wish some other Igbos will come to terms with this reality. Anambra missed out when Peter Obi ingeniously won that election through unconventional means.

"Unconventional means"; can you elaborate more on that ?
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by cantell(m): 11:46pm On May 07, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

If you really don't know, why bother?
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Onlytruth(m): 11:46pm On May 07, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Eze,where have you been ? We miss you. Hope you are well.
On a serious note; Andy will never become the governor of Anambra.
Soludo
Ngige
Akunyili.
One of the three names mentioned above holds the staff ! But it will be one of the most toughest gubernatorial election in the history on Nigeria. Lots of big weights!

Ezemmuo Nri, anokwa m ya o.
@Bolded, I have to agree that anything Uba in Anambra state is almost like anathema. Only a miracle opportunity will enable Andy Uba to demonstrate his true abilities and wishes for ndi Anambra. I wish him luck though.
For now, we may have to settle for men with proven integrity: Soludo, Onwa Anambra state (Ngige) and maybe Akunyili if she is the APGA candidate. I'm for any one of them.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Abagworo(m): 12:21am On May 08, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Anambra has a population of over 4million and less than 300,000 elected the Governor.That accounts for less than 10% of the population. How justified is such an election?

According to INEC announcement, Governor Obi overwhelmingly won the election with 97,843 votes, ahead of closest rival Chris Ngige of Action Congress (AC) opposition party, who amassed 60,240. Chukwuma Soludo of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) came in third with 59,365 votes.

http://nigeriamasterweb.com/blog/index.php/2010/02/07/peter_obi_winner_of_anambra_election_1
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by belovedaja(m): 12:30am On May 08, 2012
Mr. Globe:
I knew Anambra state would have been a million times better than it is today if this man was allowed to become governor. How much is he going to steal? He has all the money he could neffice, unfortunately the sadist peter obi canceled it for nothing. However Andy should leave 2014 for soludo. he should focus on the senate (likewise ngige) and leave the governorship or soludo. soludo is the blueprint for the state.They should not allow the bickering that cost them the seat in 2010 to repeat itself in 2014. They should settle for soludo. and soludo must ensure he sends peter obi to jail or argentina (like sylva) whn he becomes governor. that man is a cruel thief.

orji kalu also have all the money before he became abia governor in 1999. He was even richer than abia state but what happen after 8 years in office. Stop deceiving the ignorant anambra people.

1 Like

Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by oluoma1: 12:31am On May 08, 2012
That's remind me do we have governor in Anambra State, hahahaha!!!!!. Those people are they not ashamed? ''Tufiakwa'' God forbid bad tin. Every time same tori, who are they fooling. Anyway no comment yet but what am saying is dat if dey no repent from there evil ways of stealing what happens to ''Ibori'' will come upon dem. they will spend the rest of there lives in ''CUBA PRISON''. NONSENSE..

1 Like

Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Metalgoong(m): 12:38am On May 08, 2012
@ Abagworo

You are as dumb as mess!! . . . I'm not being harsh, it is just the reality.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Onlytruth(m): 12:49am On May 08, 2012
For me, Soludo it is, provided he is not in PDP.
He is the most ambitious. We need a very ambitious governor in Anambra state.
Ngige was good in building roads, but we need much more. We need industries, international business and financing ideas needed to transform the state.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Cupidkc(m): 12:58am On May 08, 2012
Anambra wil most definitely be hot in 2014...with the likes of; Andy Uba
Soludo
Ekwunife
Ben Obi
Ngige
Ifeanyi Ubah
Dora...na so on,
All seeking for the no 1 citizen of Anambra.
Huh!
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:50am On May 08, 2012
Abagworo:

Anambra has a population of over 4million and less than 300,000 elected the Governor.That accounts for less than 10% of the population. How justified is such an election?
!

http://nigeriamasterweb.com/blog/index.php/2010/02/07/peter_obi_winner_of_anambra_election_1

Did any of the contestants reject the results ? I dont think so. That election was one of the most free and fairest election since 1996 presidential elections. Peter Obi is a man of integrity and the record is there to speak for its self. I have realized that your disdain for Peter knows no bound; reason? I dont know. Leave peter obi alone,Abagworo! He is the best thing that has happened to Anambra since its creation. He is not the kind of governor that embarks on white elephant projects that will take eternity to finish,he rather focuses on the most basic infrastructural needs of the state. People will not see the good work of this man until he leaves the office. He has made the foundation for Anambra to grow on and even most these governorship aspirants and the former governors of the state attested to that.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by ziccoit: 3:29am On May 08, 2012
See how the sons of the soil are discussing matter related to the progress of their homeland without a single disturbance from outsiders. I wonder what would have happened; had it been a gathering of other ethnic nationalities. Many interjections and false claims would have deranged this thread by now. God dey o.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by BLESSEDPETER(m): 3:59am On May 08, 2012
@Abagworo(sychophant of mrs Peter Obi)last Anambra state governorship election was not d most free and fair rather d most brilant croocked rigging,ur Obi is a failure,Anambrarians regrets voting him,where is d industries he promised us?where is d job he promise we d youth?even d teachers recruitment process he started wat happened to it?what is happening in our govt schools?can't he learn from Imo state?what is happening to our local govt funds?and what is holding d elections?Obi has failed.@Mr Globe,y talking 2 us abt a man who is so selfish even to his own self,kindred and comunity (Isofia)pls wat did we Anambrarians benefited all d tenures he was in CBN,infact he is only gud in policy formulation,dat is nt wat Anambra state needs,well 4 ur informations Sir Emeka Ofor is also warming up.well b4 I rest my case,CONGRATS Dr Andy Uba.4rm OKWUTE IGBO NILE.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by WhoIGoAsk: 5:21am On May 08, 2012
Let the race begin
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Nobody: 5:26am On May 08, 2012
Ngige will surly take over
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by coolguy2002: 5:41am On May 08, 2012
hmm politics for them
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Bonchux(m): 6:10am On May 08, 2012
For now from my research it was soludo that sponsored ngige to go for the senate so that both of them can work towards 2014 governorship race, as for now soludo is coming out under ACN with full ngige support in pdp i think is a big battle of the anambra south between andy uba and nicholas ukachukwu.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by deshclones(m): 6:46am On May 08, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

peter obi connived with the roman catholics hierarchy..infact rev fathers specifically devoted morning and evening masses to talk about the supposed good of adaobi...the catholics were all asked and cajoled to vote for him...infact on election day proper...the bells of all the catholic churches in the state sounded at exactly 10am and 12.30pm..signalling and reminding the catholics to troop out and vote for the rev's anointed candidate adaobi..ask around... wink wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Katsina Speaker, Aliyu Muduru Impeached / 2015: CPC Wants Sanusi As Presidential Candidate / Ministry Of Information Fails To Account For N561.6m - Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.