Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,640 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors (10428 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Where Is Amaechi? A Great Lesson To Others About Back Stabbing Your People! / Patience Jonathan Back In Abuja From German Hospital (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 08, 2012
hercules07: You guys are just incredible, Fashola guaranteed the right of people to protest, you could see it in his body language that he supported the subsidy removal, where GEJ lost him was to send soldiers to Lagos without his consent, GEJ needs to learn how to play politics and stay on the side of those who give him tacit support. GEJ also needs to have some grey matter, he left leprosy and was curing ring worm.
Why do I think you are foolish ?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 08, 2012
kingoflag: Yeah, we hear you Retardeen. These same turncoat Governors are also the ones that force you to eat $30,000 per day meals and read N500,000,000 newspapers.

SMH. What a bloody crook. Chief Presidential terrorist. Instead of trying to buy sympathy why not try telling us about the missing Trillions from NNPC that your homegirl Diezani-Madueke has pilfered into her private accounts? Is this also the fault of the Governors or are you going to drop a few more bombs just to divert prying eyes from scrutiny as you've always done in the past?

I can't believe some morons are actually defending this lying crook.
Why do I think you a daft ?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by alahamad(m): 9:06pm On May 08, 2012
Increament in fuel prices nd now in power supply.....please is naija having light now?....cos my siblings tell me light is messed up in Lagos nd my mom says PHCN is purnishing them in kano.....so which power are we talking about here please?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by moshoodn(m): 10:45pm On May 08, 2012
LeoMax: Why do I think you a daft ?
I think you think he's daft because you are also. . . Right?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Beaf: 11:01pm On May 08, 2012
Olaolufred:

I CAN'T JUST TAKE YOUR LIES JUST BECAUSE YOU TOLD IT.
WHERE ARE YOUR EVIDENCES?
ALL DECISIONS ARE MADE BY YOUR PDP DOMINATED GOVERNOR'S FORUM.
OR HOW WOULD 5 GOVERNORS HAVE WON IN THE MIDST OF 36?
BE SINCERE WITH YOURSELF FOR ONCE.

Fortunately, you are the only liar here.

[size=14pt]Governors Urge FG to remove fuel subsidy[/size]

A major showdown is imminent over the N18,000 minimum wage.

Governors have asked the Federal Government to immediately remove subsidy on petroleum products and haul the proceeds into the Federation Account to be shared. This, in their view, will give the states more cash to pay the least paid worker N18,000.

But labour seems to be opposing the removal of subsidy as a pre-condition for the implementation of the law on the payment of the minimum wage.

The governors took the decision to press for the removal of subsidy on petrol products, which the government says costs billions monthly at the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) meeting on Tuesday night in Abuja.

Besides removal of subsidy, the governors insist on the need to review the revenue allocation formula, which is lopsided in favour of the Federal Government.

It takes 52 per cent. The 36 states share 26.72 per cent and the 774 local governments take 20.60 per cent.

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola Committee raised by the governors has recommended a review of the revenue allocation as follows: Federal Government (35 per cent), States (42 per cent) and local governments (23 per cent). The report has been approved by the Forum.

The implementation of that report topped the agenda of the governors’ delegation’s meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday at the Aso Villa in Abuja.

The governors’ delegation was led by Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi, who is also the chairman of the Forum. Other members of the seven-man team are Governors Fashola (Lagos), Tanko Makura (Nasarawa), Murtala Nyako (Adamawa), Sullivan Chime (Enugu), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo) and Patrick Yakowa (Kaduna).

http://ekoakete.com/2011/06/23/governors-urge-fg-to-remove-fuel-subsidy/
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by 4ifyomedon(m): 11:35pm On May 08, 2012
U really mean u r planning to increase d light tarrif? Wat is d subsidy money, if not to make life better. Pls dont pour fuel to d fire ohh. Guys, pls lets revisit this matter well well oh
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by 1025: 12:10am On May 09, 2012
@beaf,
who is urging ur president to increase electricity tariff now? local govt chairmen i guess? when these govs urged him to increase the fuel price, where did they urge him to keep the money? one day, we will hear that commissioners urge jonathan to sleep with the wife of tony annenih or obasanjo.
in fact, i want urge jonathan to resign.
before i forget, who urged jonathan to use soldiers against protesters? the answer must be BEAF.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Demdem(m): 8:07am On May 09, 2012
jaybee:

i agree with you on this point totally except the use of the word retardeen[/b]which i don't quite comprehend the meaning, especially as relates to mr. president.

[b]Now u know right? abi u wan make i expatiate further?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Mynd44: 8:12am On May 09, 2012
The retartdeen wants to cry? I say give him a bucket
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by olajide8(m): 9:38am On May 09, 2012
What a government they have done it again FRAUD! Nigerians FRAUD!! Cluelessness, the cart before the horse, increase in tariffs before the provision of our basic right, light! What can we do they have 3years to go, if you as an individual gave them a price quotation for a job and came back complaining of an increase in price of materials they wouldn't allow it, so why should these people request the same of us, draw a comparism, believe you me, if you try it, they would hand you over to the police Nigerians shout FRAUD!!! And insist you do the job, We haven't seen the light! we are in total darkness! yet they are increasing tariffs for our hanging wires. Nigerian's they want to have reason to disconnect your wires (PHCN, federal govt so you wouldn't know what they are doing to our economy, so we wouldn't be able strike so information about their lawlessness would continue and cluelessness will hold sway) and keep in their so called offices, FRAUD O!!!! GEJ- FRAUD its only in this country a clueless person would do this, they still wouldn't give you light, even if you pay they would only show you these things on paper, just like the fuel subsidy issue, the cart before the horse they are looking for money to repay the loans they have borrowed, for power and looted amongst themselves, they haven't performed PDP, GEJ FRAUD have you ever seen a govt pay in advance for a service it wants to render contracts(except they want to loot and steal) so why should we pay in advance for light we haven't seen FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See this network O! Since yesterday
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by muyoto: 11:35am On May 09, 2012
unprecedented increase in poverty, mind-boggling revelations of corruption occurring under his watch, yet our dear GEJ has considered it timely to increase the cost of two very essential commodities that have a direct impact on the average Nigerian, fuel and electricity tariff, in less than a year.

Oga Jona you do well o! sad
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by johnwell(m): 12:51pm On May 09, 2012
dayokanu: I have never seen a more reetarded president on this earth who gives excuses and seeks to shift blame for every action

today its the governors who advised you remove subsidy?

What a Retardeeen
It's so unfortunate that The Destiny of a Great nation (Nigeria) lies in the hands of a COMMON fisherman (Gee-Ee-Jay ) undecided
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Beaf: 12:55pm On May 09, 2012
johnwell: It's so unfortunate that The Destiny of a Great nation (Nigeria) lies in the hands of a COMMON fisherman (Gee-Ee-Jay ) undecided

The foolishness in Nigeria is encapsulated in ethnic bigotry. You take the fools crown, bro. Clap for yourself.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Beaf: 12:59pm On May 09, 2012
muyoto: unprecedented increase in poverty, mind-boggling revelations of corruption occurring under his watch, yet our dear GEJ has considered it timely to increase the cost of two very essential commodities that have a direct impact on the average Nigerian, fuel and electricity tariff, in less than a year.

Oga Jona you do well o! sad

If GEJ had not kicked against the subsidy, would you have known from now till doomsday, what has been going on for decades?
For the first time, we have a President who wishes to end the system, but there are old bats, winshes and demons who feel so pained by his decision that they blame hime for saving the country from such a tragic path.

Pity.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:09pm On May 09, 2012
This thread explains perfectly the problem with Nigerians, they obviously know what the problem is and know what the solution is (apparently) but when it comes to applying these solutions to fixing a 5-decade old problem, we start looking for which ethnic group to blame or which seating president to lay the hack on. so GEJ is not solving the problem, did OBJ solve it, did Yar-adua solve it, did Abacha solve it, did IBB solve it, did Buhari solve it, did Shagari solve it, the old farts who founded Nigeria are still called Senators and Party leaders - This goes to show you that we are the ones who must solve it. yet we allow ethnic rivalries, political allegiances and religious differences to blind us to the fact that we do not have the WILL to support the Truth so we manage the LIES until they blow up in our faces like the subsidy probe and MEND and Boko-Haram and other devious deeds that are currently going on and we refuse to accept.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by johnwell(m): 2:42pm On May 09, 2012
Beaf:

The foolishness in Nigeria is encapsulated in ethnic bigotry. You take the fools crown, bro. Clap for yourself.
"he who knows not that he knows not is a full"
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Beaf: 2:45pm On May 09, 2012
johnwell: "he who knows not that he knows not is a full"

Funny stuff! grin
Are you an illiterate too?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Demdem(m): 3:33pm On May 09, 2012
Beaf:

If GEJ had not kicked against the subsidy, would you have known from now till doomsday, what has been going on for decades?
For the first time, we have a President who wishes to end the system, but there are old bats, winshes and demons who feel so pained by his decision that they blame hime for saving the country from such a tragic path.

Pity.

Shattap my friend. we all knew the rot going on especially the NNPC who itself is a major importer itself. The KPMG report released months before this also shed more light on the mess going on. The RETARDEEN (show ursef dumbo grin) simply wanted to sweep the rot under the carpet and start another fraud but we all said No.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Beaf: 3:42pm On May 09, 2012
Demdem:

Shattap my friend. we all knew the rot going on especially the NNPC who itself is a major importer itself. The KPMG report released months before this also shed more light on the mess going on. The RETARDEEN (show ursef dumbo grin) simply wanted to sweep the rot under the carpet and start another fraud but we all said No.

[size=13pt]Atiku toilet roll, you always lovingly mention this "retardeen." Is he or she or it one of your beloved ancestors?
Beat the drum jare! Ge gu gu ge ge! And sing praises to Alhaji Adeleke [b]demdem [/b]Retardeen! grin[/size]

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/683289[/img]

Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Demdem(m): 3:45pm On May 09, 2012
ACCURSED doesn't disappoint grin grin grin

When will ur lineage stop Evolving grin grin grin
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 09, 2012
LeoMax: Why do I think you a daft ?

Show your girl your post. Now show her mine. Dont tell her who is who. Now kill yourself as you hear her call the writer of your piece an imb.ecile. Try not to strangle her either.

Mo%ron!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:56pm On May 09, 2012
kingoflag:

Show your girl your post. Now show her mine. Dont tell her who is who. Now kill yourself as you hear her call the writer of your piece an imb.ecile. Try not to strangle her either.

Mo%ron!

Why your eye dey chook for dis mata sef grin
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by johnwell(m): 8:04pm On May 09, 2012
Beaf:

Funny stuff! grin
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by johnwell(m): 8:05pm On May 09, 2012
Beaf:

Funny stuff! grin
this sounds like one of the fishermen from BS
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by egift(m): 8:31pm On May 09, 2012
johnwell: It's so unfortunate that The Destiny of a Great nation (Nigeria) lies in the hands of a COMMON fisherman (Gee-Ee-Jay ) undecided

Oga Presido (BSc in Fisheries and PhD in Zoology) - Please what job can one do with these qualifications? I need object answers.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Solomonadejo(m): 5:37am On May 10, 2012
Beaf:

Fashola caused the most shock, especially as he was the chief promoter of subsidy removal.

Fashola was the head of the committee of governors that first recommended it to the FG. But in an acrobatic move of dazing proportions, he became the chief lover of Ojota park.
Beaf:

Fashola caused the most shock, especially as he was the chief promoter of subsidy removal.

Fashola was the head of the committee of governors that first recommended it to the FG. But in an acrobatic move of dazing proportions, he became the chief lover of Ojota park.
Beaf:

Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Solomonadejo(m): 5:39am On May 10, 2012
Solomonadejo: O BOY
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Olaolufred(m): 10:40am On May 10, 2012
Beaf:

Fortunately, you are the only liar here.

http://ekoakete.com/2011/06/23/governors-urge-fg-to-remove-fuel-subsidy/

From your attached News, Governor Fashola supported the bid based on lies sold to them all by;
(1) Okonjo Iweala-PDP
(2) Sanusi
and (3) Allison.

But the insensitive zeal that made a Mumu announced it in the most insensible time in the year begs for answers.
Even if Governors had supported it, they would not have told Mumu to go ahead on a day that most Governors knows that their domain is in joyful mood.n Jonathan is the most wicked sadist I ever knew.

The Governors are very sensible,
They know from the protest that followed that Nigerians are now more informed, and also wondered how Data and Information are flying the streets about the secret being kept by Federal Government to decieve Nigerians-and the Governors inclusive. So, when the Governors found out Jonathan's cabinet grand deceit, they had to feel that people are really being mortgaged. You can never defend a man who decieved you when you had discovered it was a real deceit.
Thanks beaf.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by Olaolufred(m): 10:56am On May 10, 2012
Beaf:

Pity.

beaf, He is not ending anything.
He Inherited 272 billion Naira Subsidy in 2007.
GEJ and Yaradua made it 3 times in 2008.
Made it 1.3trillion in 2011 only.(though House of Rep probe now found out it is 3 million). (3T/2.72B means it is 11x what it used to be in 2007).
Nigerians asked whether our population had increased 11 times, but no one could answer.We asked whether our population had doubled what it was in 2007, and they were mute like a dumb. So Beaf where comes your justifications?
Why should he be praised for a demonic system He created.
He definitely would have been quiet if not that He is engulfed in the pit of corruption he dug for himself in the sector within two years after the demise of Yaradua. He was looting our treasury until the money there becomes too lean for more withdrawal. Then He felt masses should suffer for their 3 trillion scandal.
How do you now praise such a Man? You may, but Nigerians are wiser than that.
Thanks.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by johnwell(m): 2:33pm On May 10, 2012
Olaolufred:

beaf, He is not ending anything.
He Inherited 272 billion Naira Subsidy in 2007.
GEJ and Yaradua made it 3 times in 2008.
Made it 1.3trillion in 2011 only.(though House of Rep probe now found out it is 3 million). (3T/2.72B means it is 11x what it used to be in 2007).
Nigerians asked whether our population had increased 11 times, but no one could answer.We asked whether our population had doubled what it was in 2007, and they were mute like a dumb. So Beaf where comes your justifications?
Why should he be praised for a demonic system He created.
He definitely would have been quiet if not that He is engulfed in the pit of corruption he dug for himself in the sector within two years after the demise of Yaradua. He was looting our treasury until the money there becomes too lean for more withdrawal. Then He felt masses should suffer for their 3 trillion scandal.
How do you now praise such a Man? You may, but Nigerians are wiser than that.
Thanks.
thank you, good talk Olaolufred. Goodluck is an embezller. Most people are commenting under the influence of alchohol and tribality. Fools, telling me what to & what not to post.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by kodded(m): 10:35am On Dec 15, 2015
dayokanu:
I have never seen a more reetarded president on this earth who gives excuses and seeks to shift blame for every action

today its the governors who advised you remove subsidy?

What a Retardeeen
idiot what you said four years ago have come back to hunt you
Re: Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors by kodded(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2015
egift:
The worm is looking for pity. Ain't giving any. He knows it was a bad policy, yet he agreed and now want some sympathy. Jona, everything ends on your table - you are a spineless leader. Always prostrating before your gang with policies against Nigerians.

And here, uncooked Kanda and his thugs will want us to believe Governors in opposition parties are the majority. How many PDP governors sided with the people against the horrible policy, I guess that will not matter - bunch of lepers - keep plaguing the place.
hypocrite

cc whynotthetruth

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Ijaw Girl Reply To Hausa/fulani Man / Osun Governorship Dispute: Tribunal Directs PDP, Adeleke To Open Case Monday / Malami: FG To Deploy Tucano Jets Against Terrorists, Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.