Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! (1158 Views)

Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by logicboy: 2:47pm On May 08, 2012
My muslim girlfriend always tells me that Islam will make my life better but she doesnt explain much because she is scared of arguing with me because she isnt good at debating and she is afraid that I will convert her to atheism.

So, naturally, I went to the muslim section to ask how islam can improve my already happy life. I didnt get much answers from there.

I see no reason for asking the same question to christians since I was a christian before. However, people on Nairaland are now telling me that I wasnt a REAL christian.
[size=18pt]
So, how does christianity make my life better? [/size]

Benefits of my atheist life;
- I dont have to go to a church or mosque and I have free time
- I can eat any food I want, halal or not
- I can mix with my Eastern European friends who drink a lot (I usually dont drink but I drink during social occasions)
- I was a christian for 22 years, and I was not a very happy person as I used to think God was punishing me anytime something bad happened to me but now I feel free
- No fear of hellfire.
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by logicboy: 4:09pm On May 08, 2012
Christians?
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:34pm On May 08, 2012
we too drink burkutuu. cool
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by logicboy: 4:47pm On May 08, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
we too drink burkutuu. cool

What is burkutuu?
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:46pm On May 08, 2012
our local alcohol. we also use sometimes in religious ceremonies.
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by logicboy: 5:50pm On May 08, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
our local alcohol. we also use sometimes in religious ceremonies.

Christians also use alcohol in ceremonies eg communion.
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by rastamouse: 7:26pm On May 08, 2012
logicboy:

What is burkutuu?

These are the kind of answers that you should expect with your kind of question grin. On a serious note, I will tell you that Christianity is a choice. We don't go into it for what we will gain but because we want to be in it.

Since you shared your life today, let me also share mine with you...

I have been a Christian all my life. Like every other mortal being, except JESUS of course, my walk with GOD has been anything but perfect. I have fallen many times than I had risen. I have struggled all my life to live the life that I believed GOD wanted. My breakthrough however came about just a year ago under very strange circumstances...

Before the experience, I had grown to be a worse person. I was involved in all sins imaginable, not the criminal ones though. I will go out and drink with my friends and chasing girls was the best part of my life despite the fact that I was happily married with two beautiful kids.

On that fateful day, I was heavily drunk as usual and returned to the house. I just called our house girl and told her that she should go and sleep naked (my wife told me this). When wife heard it and confronted the girl. The girl was also very surprised and repeated what I said to my wife. I was so drunk that I never knew when I slept off that night...

However, at about 3 am, I felt a shadow on me. When I opened my eyes, my wife was standing over me and praying for me. She was crying as she did so. Nothing changed inside of me but I remember that I laughed in my head and went back to sleep...

The very next day, my life changed. I had this strange dream. In the dream, I was in a bus traveling with a lot of people. There were in fact two buses and I was in the smaller one. The bus got to a rest stop and I got down to buy something. However, after some time, I found myself wandering very far from the bus. All of a sudden, it occurred to me that I was traveling. I had all along forgotten that I was in a bus and traveling. Strangely enough, I was all alone when I was out of the bus. I then decided to get back to the bus.

I walked for sometime and saw the bus parked at exactly the place that I went off. The two drivers of the buses were standing beside the buses and as soon as they saw me, they hugged each other in a happy mood and beckoned me to come to the bus quickly. I ran to the bus and entered it.

The other passengers were complaining that I had kept the bus waiting but the drivers were very happy for me. They got into the buses and we continued on the journey. I woke up as soon as the buses started moving.

When I woke up, I found that something had left my body. I was light and immediately saw the mess that my life was in. I quickly got on my knees and started praying for forgiveness of my sins. I cried for hours while confessing each and every sin. Afterwards, sin became so irritating to me and my walk with the LORD became a very easy thing. I have been falling along but I am definitely a better person and my wife is of course my hero.

I thank the LORD for a praying wife cool
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by italo: 8:55am On May 09, 2012
Its like an orphan saying he's happy being an orphan because there are no restrictions, no punishment for wrong done, he can do anything he wants etc

How childish!
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by logicboy: 9:58am On May 09, 2012
italo: Its like an orphan saying he's happy being an orphan because there are no restrictions, no punishment for wrong done, he can do anything he wants etc

How childish!

??

How does that even make sense? As an adult, you need imaginary supervision from God to do good??

Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by logicboy: 10:03am On May 09, 2012
rastamouse:

These are the kind of answers that you should expect with your kind of question grin. On a serious note, I will tell you that Christianity is a choice. We don't go into it for what we will gain but because we want to be in it.

Since you shared your life today, let me also share mine with you...

I have been a Christian all my life. Like every other mortal being, except JESUS of course, my walk with GOD has been anything but perfect. I have fallen many times than I had risen. I have struggled all my life to live the life that I believed GOD wanted. My breakthrough however came about just a year ago under very strange circumstances...

Before the experience, I had grown to be a worse person. I was involved in all sins imaginable, not the criminal ones though. I will go out and drink with my friends and chasing girls was the best part of my life despite the fact that I was happily married with two beautiful kids.

On that fateful day, I was heavily drunk as usual and returned to the house. I just called our house girl and told her that she should go and sleep naked (my wife told me this). When wife heard it and confronted the girl. The girl was also very surprised and repeated what I said to my wife. I was so drunk that I never knew when I slept off that night...

However, at about 3 am, I felt a shadow on me. When I opened my eyes, my wife was standing over me and praying for me. She was crying as she did so. Nothing changed inside of me but I remember that I laughed in my head and went back to sleep...

The very next day, my life changed. I had this strange dream. In the dream, I was in a bus traveling with a lot of people. There were in fact two buses and I was in the smaller one. The bus got to a rest stop and I got down to buy something. However, after some time, I found myself wandering very far from the bus. All of a sudden, it occurred to me that I was traveling. I had all along forgotten that I was in a bus and traveling. Strangely enough, I was all alone when I was out of the bus. I then decided to get back to the bus.

I walked for sometime and saw the bus parked at exactly the place that I went off. The two drivers of the buses were standing beside the buses and as soon as they saw me, they hugged each other in a happy mood and beckoned me to come to the bus quickly. I ran to the bus and entered it.

The other passengers were complaining that I had kept the bus waiting but the drivers were very happy for me. They got into the buses and we continued on the journey. I woke up as soon as the buses started moving.

When I woke up, I found that something had left my body. I was light and immediately saw the mess that my life was in. I quickly got on my knees and started praying for forgiveness of my sins. I cried for hours while confessing each and every sin. Afterwards, sin became so irritating to me and my walk with the LORD became a very easy thing. I have been falling along but I am definitely a better person and my wife is of course my hero.

I thank the LORD for a praying wife cool

Cool story but you forget something;

1) You were not "sinning" because you were an atheist. You were a christian

2) Your wife might have prayed but redemption could only come from you

3) There was no Jesus in your dream
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by rastamouse: 10:25am On May 09, 2012
logicboy:

Cool story but you forget something;

1) You were not "sinning" because you were an atheist. You were a christian

2) Your wife might have prayed but redemption could only come from you

3) There was no Jesus in your dream

You are right in all those observations but the bottom line is that I am now a better person. I was a hypocrite at first but now, I am serious about my relationship with JESUS.
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by logicboy: 10:27am On May 09, 2012
rastamouse:

You are right in all those observations but the bottom line is that I am now a better person. I was a hypocrite at first but now, I am serious about my relationship with JESUS.

It still doesnt make the bible accurate. If you were born a muslim, you would have prayed to Allah after your dream
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by rastamouse: 10:35am On May 09, 2012
logicboy:

It still doesnt make the bible accurate. If you were born a muslim, you would have prayed to Allah after your dream

Let's stay on the topic of your thread for now. That is another debate for another time. I was just showing you how your life could be better by having an encounter with JESUS.
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by logicboy: 11:10am On May 09, 2012
rastamouse:

Let's stay on the topic of your thread for now. That is another debate for another time. I was just showing you how your life could be better by having an encounter with JESUS.

okay
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by Callotti: 1:03pm On May 09, 2012
I don't see how. . .especially after seeing how miserable Christians really are.
I don't wanno be sorry azzzed creatures like them hypocrites o!

Awon phock now, repent later!

Mu he he he he he he he

OTURUGBEKE O! :d
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by Nobody: 7:47am On May 10, 2012
Jesus salvation is free. Believe in Him and you will be save from everlasting punishment.
Because Heaven is real and Hell is real, don't try to "'have no fear of hell'".

logicboy: My muslim girlfriend always tells me that Islam will make my life better but she doesnt explain much because she is scared of arguing with me because she isnt good at debating and she is afraid that I will convert her to atheism.

So, naturally, I went to the muslim section to ask how islam can improve my already happy life. I didnt get much answers from there.

I see no reason for asking the same question to christians since I was a christian before. However, people on Nairaland are now telling me that I wasnt a REAL christian.
[size=18pt]
So, how does christianity make my life better? [/size]

Benefits of my atheist life;
- I dont have to go to a church or mosque and I have free time
- I can eat any food I want, halal or not
- I can mix with my Eastern European friends who drink a lot (I usually dont drink but I drink during social occasions)
- I was a christian for 22 years, and I was not a very happy person as I used to think God was punishing me anytime something bad happened to me but now I feel free
- No fear of hellfire.
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by Jenwitemi(m): 8:57am On May 10, 2012
FEAR rules, eh. grin
Living his life in fear of hell would really make his life much better. All praise to the christian religion.
East: Jesus salvation is free. Believe in Him and you will be save from everlasting punishment.
Because Heaven is real and Hell is real, don't try to "'have no fear of hell'".

Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 22, 2012
bUMP..
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by raffite: 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
@logicboy

and when you die, what next?
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by UyiIredia(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
logicboy:

Christians also use alcohol in ceremonies eg communion.

They don't they use non-alcoholic wine. This is yet another example of you spewing out false information.
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by UyiIredia(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
Double Post
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by UyiIredia(m): 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2012
Benefits of Christianity

- meaningful relationship with Christians at your local church
- belief that death is a gateway to a more fulfilling reality
- moral guidance etc
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by aletheia(m): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
Christianity may actually make your life worse.
Re: How Will Christianity Make My Life Better? An Atheist Asks! by AtheistD(m): 7:56am On Dec 29, 2012
This is actually a good question.

How does Christianity make ones life better?

Imagine you met a non believer ont he street and you were evangelizing them. If they asked:

Why should I worship your god?
How will being s xtian make my life better?

How would you approach it. Bear in mind they do not know anything about xtianity so quoting scripture wont be convincing.

(1) (Reply)

Allegations Againist Islam's Prophet / Church Of Satan Registration Site. / U.K Investigates Winners' Chapel Over Alleged Misappropraition Of N4bn Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.