Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. (21428 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Heads To Roll As President's Anti-Corruption War Kicks Off / Jonathan Flags-Off Building Of 700MW Hydro-power Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Go Down)

Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Gbawe: 6:07pm On May 08, 2012
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=85358:osun-kicks-off-n300m-hydro-power-project&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

Osun kicks off N300m hydro-power project
Monday, 07 May 2012 00:00 Editor News - National

A THREE-HUNDRED million hydro-power station, named “O’POWER” and located at Ikeji-Ile in Oriade Local Council Area, has been initiated by the Osun State government.

The Commissioner for Regional Integration and Special Duties, Mr. Bashiru Ajibola, disclosed this to journalists after the State Executive Council meeting in Osogbo, the state capital.

He said when the project is completed, it would generate enough electricity for the Ijesa-axis of the state for a start.

Ajibola explained that the sum of N180 million had been released for the project and work had started in earnest on the project.

In a statement, the Director of Bureau of Communications and Strategy in the Governor’s Office, Semiu Okanlawon, said the project is linked with another scheme considered at the council meeting, which is the establishment of International Modern Market at Owena Ijesa.

He said the town, being the boundary of Osun and Ondo states and the traditional market for food produce, had caught the attention of the current administration.
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 08, 2012
Interesting!
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Gbawe: 6:12pm On May 08, 2012
shymmex: Interesting!

Indeed. At some stage the Penny will drop and most serious administrators will realise that they must start making plans that bypasses whatever the FG claims it is doing. 'Non-hostile autonomy' if you like.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 08, 2012
Gbawe:
Indeed. At some stage the Penny will drop and most serious administrators will realise that they must start making plans that bypasses whatever the FG claims it is doing. 'Non-hostile autonomy' if you like.

I concur 100%!!
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Fhemmmy: 6:20pm On May 08, 2012
Looking forward to seeing how this goes . . .
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Gbawe: 6:30pm On May 08, 2012
Fhemmmy: Looking forward to seeing how this goes . . .

Same here. Another Nigerian Governor is lamenting below.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/may/07/national-07-05-2012-007.html

Nigeria, only country without stable power supply –Gov. Ahmed
By ZIKA BOBBY
Monday, May 07 , 2012

Governor Abdufatah Ahmed of Kwara State has said that Nigeria is the only country in the world without stable electricity supply. He spoke at the Special Business Luncheon, organised by the Kwara Professionals Lagos (KPL), where he was conferred with the Distinguished Professional Award, in recognition of his contribution to agricultural development in the state:

“Without electricity businesses die. Even in The Gambia that is half the size of Kwara State has electricity. Even if these countries have problem, it is certainly not electricity. “The people must know what government is doing with their resources, that is why government must meet with the people from time to time. That is what we have done today. Today, it is Civic Centre (Victoria Island, Lagos), tomorrow it might be Ijora, Badia. We are bringing government to the people.

“We have a team of media men who reports to the people on a daily basis through newspapers, radio, television and on the Internet. Even our brothers and sisters in the Diaspora are not left out. Kwara has come to recognise the need to move forward despite its limited resources.
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by seanet02: 6:36pm On May 08, 2012
See Good performance by [size=30pt]Aregbesuccess[/size]
PDp come and learn governance
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by wesley80(m): 6:40pm On May 08, 2012
Why are the details so scanty? How long would it take to be completed? How many mega watts of power are we talking abt here? who's handling the project? Why isn't there enough details for one to weigh the project objectively?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by seanet02: 6:44pm On May 08, 2012
you can call [size=30pt]080Aregbesuccess[/size] for more info
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 08, 2012
aregbe nice one
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by WhoIGoAsk: 6:55pm On May 08, 2012
Good
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by kaiter: 6:56pm On May 08, 2012
Very good![img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by wesley80(m): 7:00pm On May 08, 2012
I smell a rat - a huge rat!
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by ayox2003: 7:00pm On May 08, 2012
Very Courageous Fella at the helms of affairs.
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On May 08, 2012
Fhemmmy: Looking forward to seeing how this goes . . .

I hope this government works towards achieving this among other things.

This is an idea one can label progressive. Not the many road construction projects wey full Nigeria like say na latest thing.
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 08, 2012
I quiet like this, but how far has the work gone (10%, 20%)? when is it going to be completed?
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by wesley80(m): 7:09pm On May 08, 2012
wesley80: I smell a rat - a huge rat!

wesley80: Why are the details so scanty? How long would it take to be completed? How many mega watts of power are we talking abt here? who's handling the project? Why isn't there enough details for one to weigh the project objectively?
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by ektbear: 7:13pm On May 08, 2012
Why is everything in Osun named "O"?

O meal, O power, etc.
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by wesley80(m): 7:16pm On May 08, 2012
ekt_bear: Why is everything in Osun named "O"?

O meal, O power, etc.

Cos the governor is an O-lodo!

10 Likes

Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Fhemmmy: 7:16pm On May 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I hope this government works towards achieving this among other things.

This is an idea one can label progressive. Not the many road construction projects wey full Nigeria like say na latest thing.

I totally agree with you.
As a matter of fact, if his regime could deliver on only this, i will say he has done so well, however, like you said, if he could add more to this and get them done, we will be glad.
But i would love to know if they have a timetable at all for the completion so that we could check along with them
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by ayox2003: 7:17pm On May 08, 2012

O meal, O power, etc.
What alphabet does Osun starts with?

1 Like

Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Fhemmmy: 7:19pm On May 08, 2012
O meal, O power, etc.

Lol . . .
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by sammirano: 7:20pm On May 08, 2012
O Power. lol
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:27pm On May 08, 2012
Hmmmmn. addressing one of key needs of the people of Osun. laudable. It would be "nice" (for lack of a more forthright word) to see every state produce some form of sustainability framework and business cases (for posterity and academic research f'course) on infrastructure projects they initiate and complete successfully.

I like the fact that $1,893,330 (believe me it is not easy to maneuver power projects with such amounts) is slated for this - a very slim figure for an Off-Grid Electricity Generation project. it could be a model for other projects that may attract private sector participation. I would definitely love to see status updates on this particular project. anyone?
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Ejine(m): 7:31pm On May 08, 2012
O'Yes, O'Reap, O'Meal and now O'Power?

I wonder what he'll call his waste management program.

Probably "O'Shiit!!!"

4 Likes

Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Tczar(m): 7:35pm On May 08, 2012
O.k[i]O.k[/i]O.k
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:35pm On May 08, 2012
Ejiné: O'Yes, O'Reap, O'Meal and now O'Power?

Probably "O'Shiit!!!"

ha ha
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 08, 2012
Gbawe dey find Beaf wahala! He'll soon be here to post Tawun this, Tawun that grin

1 Like

Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On May 08, 2012
Good one Aregbe
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by picoba(m): 7:41pm On May 08, 2012
[size=18pt]Good news[/size]
The need of the people. kare jooooooo
But please help us call Ekiti State government to order,on her Flamboyant International Airport project.
Thanks.
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by OAM4J: 7:43pm On May 08, 2012

Probably "O'Shiit!!!"

O'Waste.

@Topic

A good one at a good and affordable price too.
Re: Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. by Fhemmmy: 7:47pm On May 08, 2012

Probably "O'Shiit!!!"

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17)

Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday / Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu / PHOTO: Buhari And Saraki At Jumat Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.