Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,089 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:42 AM

How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk (9860 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / What Is Life Like As An Illegal Immigrant In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by Dantecmu(m): 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2007
Hello Fellow Nairalanders i recently introduced a colleague of mine to this forum. Cause his inbtw making a decision that might end up bothways. Now the issue is this we both work with a telecommunication company in Nigeria he just secured a 6months multiple entry visa to the UK. And his bent on resigning come December 2007 so he could collect his 13th month Pay cheque and all necessary allowances and Disappear to the UK. I have being to the UK and i have seen pple who made it illegally and some others who see there decision as the biggest mistake of there life. Now from those who have experienced it how easy is it to SETTLE AS AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN THE UK. What are his Chances on the street. Do You think its worth the show.
Responses Posted on this topic would go a long way in influencing his decision come Dec 2007.
Thanks
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by jogociny(m): 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2007
Please tell him not to think about it.

1 Like

Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by Dantecmu(m): 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2007
Siena:

Dan, not worth the grief upon detection.

And, they will detect, sooner or later. . .

What do u mean?

1 Like

Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by K2: 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2007
Not advisable. The odds are seriously stacked against him. Just tell the individual to visit and go back to his job. That's more prestigious
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by Tats(m): 12:02am On Nov 14, 2007
Dantecmu:

What do u mean?

It means it is not worth the sorrow he will experience if he is fished out by the authorities as an illegal immigrant.

And he is sure to be found out sooner or later.
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by D1O(m): 12:48am On Nov 14, 2007
I might not be the very best person to be commenting on this having just been in London for about two months now on a student visa.

However, I am not a baby and I should be able to name a spade when I see one, and bliv me, I have seen loads of Nigerians doing stuff here that make me wonder if there is any justice in the world at all.

I'd reckon that if your friend has no LIFE in Nigeria, then he might just be welcome to try, but since he is in a type of job that gives him the prestige required for the BHC to issue him a multiple entry visitors visa, and above all, a job that is so honorable as to give him a 13 months pay check upon reignation, then my candid advice to him would be to just visit and go home. Its so much more fun that way. It makes a whole lot of sense that way. It is the wisest thing to do.

I am not sure I'd want to start saying what I've seen Nigerians doing here in the name of survival and on one occasion, I was actually chanced to hear one talking so flambouyantly on the phone to an obviously bambuzzled brother back home.
Such things create the wrong impression and get people thinking that Prince Charles and his mother dash money every Memorial week or halloween or Guy Fawkes night, all na lie.

All said, its a good place to be, but not worth living in illegally, I think.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by ifyalways(f): 1:14am On Nov 14, 2007
hmmmn that really so?immigrants beware !
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by Dantecmu(m): 3:55am On Nov 14, 2007
Well i must confess. i am impressed with the response i have gotten so far. But please this is one topic i know makes a lot of sense pple back here in Nigeria make this mistake all the time. Now let me give two instances.

Instance 1
During my visit to Dublin a friend asked me to stay over at his place so i could keep another friend of his company who was coming in from Nigeria cus he was going to be at work when his friend flew in from niaja via KLM. After the arrival of this Youngman i jokingly asked him how was Ur experience with the immigration officers takin into consideration what i experienced at the Port of Entry his words where MEN THIS COUNTRY FINE O MAKE UNA NO LET ME CHANGE MY MIND I FIT STAY HERE O. Then i asked him what do u do in Nigeria he said he works with CHEVRON

2nd Instance.
Was at a Party sometime a house party of course and i was sampling opinions of pple around somebody bluntly told me MY FRIEND I SEE UR NEW HERE PLEASE DON'T BE CARRIED AWAY SOME OF US ARE TRAPPED HERE AND CANT EVEN FEED THREE TIMES THATS WHY THE INCREASE IN POPULATIN HERE. IF U GOT A LIFE IN NIGERIA GO BACK.

@D10
Thanks my bro am amazed when pple say the can actually use a visiting visa to study in the UK. Is this true?
@Nigerians in tha UK
Make Una tell pple wey dey here the black and white abeg me inclusive cus sometimes it flips through my brain as an option even haven seen the miserable life illegal immigrants are leaving abroad.
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by jacq(f): 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2007
Here my 2 cents.

Life as an illegal allien in europe is a wasted bleeped up yrs of a mans/womans life bicos you are allways afraid they are coming to get me (police) in the car,in the train ,everywhere and everyday might be the last day here so is an illegal alliens life is here in europe.
You can't work officially and most job u can do is in the black.
i myself here in europe i do envy pple back home in naija who are working in good paying jobs even if their month salary is what i will make in 1 week of working here,why do i envy then just bicos they can be who they want to be without worries that pple don't like me because i am black or they can be able to see their family where they feel like and so many other things,and making genuine friends here in europe is hard.
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by jaybee3(m): 3:00pm On Nov 14, 2007
No sensible person should leave a world of certainty for an unkown.
I happen to work for an organisation that is closely linked with the home office and was at a conference dat had a speaker from the home office outlining plans for the controversial new biometric passports and id cards(they will make it mandatory for everyone to carry it). Argument is, why leave a country that provides you with security of a good job, freedom to move freely without any fear whatsoever of deportation and most importantly you being classed as a first class citizen for a country that is fast becoming a police country.
On the other you can argue your case based on the strength of the pound. You really have to remeber that money ain't everything in life and the only way you will be able to make enuff money than what you are making in naija is doing additional shady stuffs which thus increase your chance of being caught.
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by anusule(m): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2007
My guy, illegal immigrants are now making the news of the day o! the UK government is already fighting hard to tackle the problem. As many forumers have said, if you have a good job in Nigeria, its better than to be an illegal.

1 Like

Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by shimfe(m): 7:47am On Nov 15, 2007
Hello Guys,

All your responses are wonderful & very sesible .But what i want to know or ask ratther is that Are you guys saying that if one comes into uk as a legal immigrant will this be a far better option? And woul you advise that one can take achance to relocate with a work permit visa for instance even if he has a Good paying job in naija?
Pls i will honestly need sincere responses to this.
ONE LUV,
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by shimfe(m): 7:50am On Nov 15, 2007
In a nut shell What are the chances of a LEGAL IMMIGRANT to uk, who has a WORK PERMIT visa like HSMP?

Pls i need responses,
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by wany(f): 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2007
A lot of you guys are talking crab,just because a lot of you are lucky to have god fathers that can give you jobs you open your big mouth and talk crab.do you no how many people in naija have been out of school for 7yrs without jobs.and they can find there way into uk and do menial jobs is ok,even if its a run and hide thing.atleast you will enjoy all the basic amenities that is suppose to come with life ok.which way of making money is not dirty,the ritual or the ocultic stuff you have to get into before secureing a job in a multinational.or the conterfeit cash,human cargo,ghost worker embezlement,or the juju you use for business,you name all this means is as a way nigerians make it here.freedom in what sence,you been free physical while you are trap spiritualy.my bro is better you are not free physical but free spiritually and concience wise,atleast when you send your kudi down its not blood money or some ones tears. nairaland una doooooo well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by Tats(m): 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2007
wany:

A lot of you guys are talking crab,just because a lot of you are lucky to have god fathers that can give you jobs you open your big mouth and talk crab.do you no how many people in naija have been out of school for 7yrs without jobs.and they can find there way into uk and do menial jobs is ok,even if its a run and hide thing.atleast you will enjoy all the basic amenities that is suppose to come with life ok.which way of making money is not dirty,the ritual or the ocultic stuff you have to get into before secureing a job in a multinational.or the conterfeit cash,human cargo,ghost worker embezlement,or the juju you use for business,you name all this means is as a way nigerians make it here.freedom in what sence,you been free physical while you are trap spiritualy.my bro is better you are not free physical but free spiritually and concience wise,atleast when you send your kudi down its not blood money or some ones tears. nairaland una doooooo well

I give up completely! Absolutely nothing to say lipsrsealed
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by jaybee3(m): 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2007
@ wendy
Topic/discussion is clearly about someone with a job wanting to leave certainty for uncertainty (def not abt unemployed grads wanting to better 'emselves).
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by shimfe(m): 7:23pm On Nov 15, 2007
wany:

Common Guys I need sincere responses from my earlier quote above.K2,D10 etc how far i need your opinion on his . Pls wany, Tata & Jaybee do not divert our attetion from the above quote.
Guys pls Shoot
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by osasp(m): 7:35pm On Nov 15, 2007
mehn my guy, i would advice you to stop your friend from coming over. theres nothing worse than walking down the street and flinching to every sound of the siren from a distance and the government isn't helping matters at all. i just saw someone talking about the biometric passport.once this is introduced(which it will), it would be literally impossible for any illegal immigrant to walk the streets. a family friend of ours is presently on the run because the police have denied him a stay(we all know how hard it is to get a stay).but the thing is, this guy is made, he makes about 800 pounds every week just for repairing laptops and unlocking phones so that is another thing you should consider but if u ask me personally, i think nothing beats waking up every morning and going about your daily activities with a free mind, no fear, no discrimination(something you might still suffer even if you are legal here), so thats my opinion really, don't come
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by funkybaby(f): 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2007
@ topic

honestly, life has its way of treating people.

i know two women that are illegal immigrants and currently have  well-paid jobs in UK and are almost done with paying the mortgage on their houses in UK.

i know some young men in UK that have the red pali, but do not know what the want from life. they have no rented crib of their own. All they do is go around fu*cking divorcees, single mums and those shameless ''london mamas'' who in turn accommodate them and feed them.

why not tell your friend to just go to UK, and spend say 2weeks and see things for himself. he should then come back and renew his visa. getting stuck in UK is not really advisable.

does he have ''streetwise'' friends or family in UK that can ''show'' him the way if no, then make he gum his ass in naija.

if he is hell bent on going to UK to ''hussle'', then he should just work for some few months and then come back home. please note that this advice is best suitable for young people say below the age of 27, who are graduates, with little or no responsiblities back home and who have friends or relatives to accommodate them willingly in uk. i know some young boys that are doing this and they are doing relatively very well -- 3months in london, 4 months in naija. naija is home, london is home.

your friend might be lucky and get a good job the second day he steps in uk, he might be unlucky and not work for the whole 6months.

this way, if he makes it fine, if he gets deported fine.

there should be no wife or child that will be asking for soup money monthly or school fees from him.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by wakagirl: 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2007
''I'd reckon that if your friend has no LIFE in Nigeria, then he might just be welcome to try, but since he is in a type of job that gives him the prestige required for the BHC to issue him a multiple entry visitors visa, and above all, a job that is so honorable as to give him a 13 months pay check upon reignation, then my candid advice to him would be to just visit and go home. Its so much more fun that way. It makes a whole lot of sense that way. It is the wisest thing to do.''

That is the word my man! You need to see some people who are better off at home suffering over here. If you've got a good job at home living illegally abroad is not worth it, its ridiculous
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by wakagirl: 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2007
I concur to funkybaby as well but tell your friend he will not do office work o and his certificates are useless without working visa.
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by Dantecmu(m): 10:01pm On Nov 15, 2007
@funky baby
  First and formost let me say thankyou for contributing to my topic as far as travel is concerned am LOYAL.
@All
  Now let me tell you what i know his reasons are so you understand the reason for his decision. The reasons are he is a contract staff with this telecommunication company as in his not a papermanenttaff and he earns btBTW00 and 120 thousand Naira a month. The point is this he sees no future with the company the Thirteenth Month is not much of a big deal cus your entitled to it haven worked with the company for a year so it comes every December. He is less than 26 and owes nothing to nobody. This Guy na my Paddy o. i think  it still boils down to meeting the right click in lonLondond what they can actually do for you as in SHOWING YOU THA WAY.

@FUNKYBABY,OSASP,ANUSULE
Is it possible to study in Londonth a visiting visa. are there schools that dont verify status in tha uk.

shimfe:

Hello Guys,

All your responses are wonderful & very sesible .But what i want to know or ask ratRather that Are you guys saying that if one comes into uk UK a legal immigrant will this be a far better option? And wouwouldu advise that one can take achChance relocate with a work permit visa for instance even if he has a Good paying job in naija?
Please i will honestly need sincere responses to this.
ONE LUV,

Guy u would deffinatly succeed in tha uk UK any visa other than the one which says NO WORK AND NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS.
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by fakedavid: 10:04pm On Nov 15, 2007
Go for it boy - u will be ready to clean gutters just as others do. its not new.
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by D1O(m): 11:58pm On Nov 15, 2007
@davidyland
If it were just cleaning gutters, I would pardon that. But put yourself in my shoes when u are trying to feel cool and represent ur country so well b4 everyone else in ur predominantly multinational course team. You speak well, u act civil, u dres fine, u treat ladies like ladies, u make eye contact with people when u speak to them, u love shaking hands and all the stuff that my father taught me about gentlemanliness. And everyone in your class is really diggin ur style and some are even beginning to talk about visiting 9ja either xmas or easter break. THEN somebody asks, HOW COME ALL THE TOILET CLEANERS AND SECURITY WARDENS IN OUR UNIVERSITY ARE NIGERIANS

And u really dont know how to answer to that because it is true, in my uni, ppl wey dey clean toilet na my country ppl. PPl wey dey clean train and pick newspaper for littered underground station, na my country ppl.

And u call that life?

Granted, things could be rough back home, but abbbbbeeeeeeg, no b like this na. with regards to the bloke on a contract with a multinational, I bliv he already belongs to that class and even if the contract ends he'd still be able to survive till things happen like they did b4.

with regards to the exchange rate, what we always tend to 4get is that as the pound is high, so is the cost of living in London. So the system is fashioned in such a way that pretty much what you earn here goes back here. For instance, I live in uni hall, one room and I pay 100 pounds a week. If my math is correct, thats like 25,000 naira every week FOR ONE ROOM. Thats like 100,000 naira every month, and in case u still dont get the picture, thats like 1.2 million naira pa FOR A ONE ROOM UNIT. Where will u pay that in Nigeria?

I am not saying every nigerian in london is paying what I am paying for accommodation. Far from it. What i am saying is that if u are living at a certain level in Nigeria, then theres no gain coming down here to clean wash toilets at my uni or wash toilets at my hall or even pick newspapers and stuff at underground stations.

I say this often, when i'm done with this academic event, I'm going home straight. I cant live in a country where big man and small man dey inside train breathing down each others neck. A country that tries to discourage u from using ur car by introducing daily congestion charges. A country where a can of becks is the equivalent of 300 naira. a country where one journey on the Bus is like 250 naira.

It would be nice to visit, but to live here as an overstayer, PLS THINK TWICE, unless of course, u have no life back home, and I mean NO LIFE.
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by fakedavid: 12:32am On Nov 16, 2007
@D10

Wo - look - all that na story -

check this one out:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=93958.msg1685751#msg1685751
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by Ndipe(m): 5:33am On Nov 16, 2007
Not worth it, tell your friend that a bird in a hand is worth two in the bush. Sometimes, I wonder what the essence is, of leaving a cushy life back home to move abroad. I mean, what else really do you want to accomplish in this life?
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by fakedavid: 10:44am On Nov 16, 2007
@Ndipr abi na Ndigo

Why u no come back home come dey clean guteer like u dey do for where all of una dey -

Suddenly all the people wey dey say Nija no good, na them come they advice this boy to stay - why una no carry una kaya come back home then? See hypocrisy in action o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by ty4real(m): 1:45pm On Nov 16, 2007
Really this is quite interesting! But this is my own piece about this whole stuff,try enter that place as a legal immigrant,u will be able to soar high and for those saying make people wey neva come to stay back,I think they should come back and deliver what they have learned from there to their home country and see if they can cope with the rate at which security and human rights are being trampled upon and treated as if it is a dog thing.
At least,the law supports u and u can go all the way if ur paper complete over there cool. cool

1 Like

Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by Dantecmu(m): 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2007
[s] i need opinions from those who started out illegally and have gotten there stay. [/s] lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by mrpataki(m): 11:20pm On Nov 16, 2007
Dantecmu:

i need opinions from those who started out illegally and have gotten there stay. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I knew this was what you intended with this topic of yours. I was just waiting for you to come out straight with it. As I usually tell you, go get a life!
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by ArmedLion(m): 12:21am On Nov 17, 2007
mrpataki:

I knew this was what you intended with this topic of yours. I was just waiting for you to come out straight with it. As I usually tell you, go get a life!
i thought as much. . , not that he really cares about the people that he wants to hear comments from, he just want to assess them in his poor judgment and have something to laugh about. i can't understand how people respond to a person who has obviously been fooling people with meaningless lies. this is the dantecmu who claims to have travelled all europe, he also claims to have his master degree and has served nysc at 21, and he now has 2 years work experience in his 23 years of age? embarassed
this guy should be flogged in public cheesy
Re: How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk by DisGuy: 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2007
thing I don't understand is that a growing number of people that reside or want to reside abroad illegally are what we will consider educated and gainfully employed Nigerians, why do they intentionally choose to study/work with a visiting visa?

know someone who works with an oil company, he travels to Scotland and Houston or thereabout regularly for training and some holiday but still wants to relocate by force by force.

some other bank manager and his wife checked out with a visiting visa though they is not doing too bad but you wonder what makes these educated and employed people leave their 'proper job' to go hustle undecided

D1O:

I say this often, when i'm done with this academic event, I'm going home straight. I can't live in a country where big man and small man dey inside train breathing down each others neck. A country that tries to discourage u from using your car by introducing daily congestion charges. A country where a can of becks is the equivalent of 300 naira. a country where one journey on the Bus is like 250 naira.

It would be nice to visit, but to live here as an overstayer, PLS THINK TWICE, unless of course, u have no life back home, and I mean NO LIFE.

why not?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG / Help: Cable Visa To Belarus / It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.