Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,267 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures (41322 Views)

Ancient Egypt Biggest Mistake Was Failing To Colonize The Rest Of Africa! / Greece, Philosophy, And The Afrocentric Obsession With Ancient Egypt / Nairalander Thinks Ancient Egypt Were West African Lmao (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 8:53pm On May 09, 2012

Sphynx, 4th Dynasty

Head of male figure, 12 Dynasty, British Museum

Amenhotep III, 18 Dynasty
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 9:02pm On May 09, 2012
double post
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 12:40am On May 11, 2012

Narmer, 1st King of Kemet

New Discovery
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 10:39pm On May 16, 2012

Narmer, 1st King of Ancient Kemet

Amenhotep III, 18 Dynasty
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by morpheus24: 10:41pm On May 16, 2012
please don't tell me you think the people were some how black west Africans
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by merge(f): 4:51am On May 17, 2012
morpheus24: please don't tell me you think the people were some how black west Africans

You are ignorant.
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:43am On May 17, 2012
morpheus24: please don't tell me you think the people were some how black west Africans

yes i agree. please dont start that again about the Ancient Egyptians being black. it is annoying, foolish and based on useless sentiment. Only the Nubians were blacks from Sudan. The Egyptians were brown-skinned and resembled Berbers (E.g., Touareg).
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 17, 2012

True. It's embarrassing when they try to feed off Egypt.
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by Fulaman198(m): 5:01pm On May 17, 2012
As much as how some of you do not like being referred to as black, we are because that is how Westerners see us, only in Africa do we identify by ethnic groups. Watch these videos and learn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TRBVMGugx8

And Also watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvJ0F299kFQ

So these are Egyptians saying they are black, not us Nigerians saying this brown-skinned nonsense that Horn Africans like to use. While in reality no one is actually white or black, We are by definition black. Our brothers in Senegal recognize this, we need to as well.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:36pm On May 17, 2012
only Nubian Egyptians are black.i know many Egyptians and Coptics (quite pure Egyptians)with pre-islamic surnames like Bayumi, Nefer, Quebui, Effendi, etc., and they are all yellowish brown skinned. .

Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:39pm On May 17, 2012
this is Nubian. very few pure exist today, in the Nile regions/Aswan, etc..:

1 Like

Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by Abagworo(m): 9:53pm On May 17, 2012
One thing of note is the deliberate nose manipulation. I dey laugh.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:59pm On May 17, 2012
Abagworo: One thing of note is the deliberate nose manipulation. I dey laugh.

hmm. . i wonder why
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by Fulaman198(m): 10:25pm On May 17, 2012
Correct, but what I am saying is that if you watched those two videos, they were classified and self-classified as "black"
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 8:33am On May 20, 2012
Like in America with the natives, people who live in Egypt today are not the same people who lived in Ancient Egypt like 5000 years ago!! The same can be said about other ancient African location such as Punt, Ethiopia, Southern Africa, etc. Ancient Kemet (Ancient Egypt) has been occupied by many foreign invaders like the Hyksos, Assyrians, Ancient Greek, Romans, Persians, Muslim Arabs, French, British, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by Fulaman198(m): 3:09pm On May 20, 2012
AmunRaOlodumare: Like in America with the natives, people who live in Egypt today are not the same people who lived in Ancient Egypt like 5000 years ago!! The same can be said about other ancient African location such as Punt, Ethiopia, Southern Africa, etc. Ancient Kemet (Ancient Egypt) has been occupied by many foreign invaders like the Hyksos, Assyrians, Ancient Greek, Romans, Persians, Muslim Arabs, French, British, etc.

This is true, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 12:14am On May 21, 2012

New discovery

Relief of Ankhirptah, 6th Dynasty, Berlin Museum

Aswan Museum
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 12:20am On May 21, 2012

Bronze figure of Kneeling King with incised Medu Neter (hieroglyph in greek language) on it, Kushite, Napatan Period

A Granite Head Of Ramesses II wearing the Blue Crown, 19th dynasty

Broad Collar, Dynasty 18, Metropolitan Museum
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 12:30am On May 21, 2012

Limestone statue of Ay (Aye), 18th Dynasty during the reign of Tutankhamun

Canopic jar of Queen Tiye (Tiya), 18th Dynasty

Collossal statue of King Aspelta (Merykare), 25th Dynasty (aka Nubian/Kushite Dynasty), Nuri Pyramid, Nubia (known as Kush by the Ancient Egyptians among other names)
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 12:41am On May 21, 2012

Detail of Statue of King Amenemhat I (Amun is at the Head I) sitting on a throne, Cairo Museum

Detail of Statue of King Amenemhat I/Sehetepibre sitting on a throne, Cairo Museum

Colossal statue of King Thutmose II, Aswan Museum

Model of a princess. New Kingdom, 18th Dynasty. Wood, gold leaf. Gulbekian Museum
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 9:12am On Jul 16, 2012

Amenhotep III, 18th Dynasty, Louvre Museum

Amenhotep III, Neues Museum
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 9:14am On Jul 16, 2012

18th Dynasty

King Djedefre, 4th Dynasty, Louvre Museum
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 9:21am On Jul 16, 2012

Ipet Isut Temple (Luxor/Karnak), Waset

King Amenemhat I ( meaning "Amon is at the Head I" ) , first ruler of 12th Dynasty
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 9:29am On Jul 16, 2012

Isis nursing Thutmose III

King Senusret I (Sesostris I in Greek) Ausar Pillar (Osiride Pillar)
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2012

Senusret I (also Sesostris I in Greek), Ausar Pillar (Osiride Pillar) Luxor Museum

Isis nursing King Thutmose III, 18th Dynasty
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by ababda: 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
this is Nubian. very few pure exist today, in the Nile regions/Aswan, etc..:

You are just as ignorant as they are, the nubians both past and present was a diversity of different types.

he earliest portrayal of Nubian wrestlers is found on a wall painting from the tomb of Tyanen, an Egyptian officer (d. 1410 B.C.)(4) (See Figure 1). The picture shows five men marching together, with the last man carrying a standard which has two wrestlers on it. All but one of the men have Nubian physical characteristics. The contrast between the Nubian wrestlers’ girth and the trim Egyptian, is pronounced. Perhaps the Nubians were a detachment of wrestlers. The sticks that the first four Nubians brandished were used in a dueling competition. Depictions of stick fighting and wrestling competitions often appear together, implying that the same people participated in both events.(5) Certainly these combative sports were used for military training. While it is known that the Egyptians recruited Nubian archers into their army, perhaps this picture implies that Nubian wrestlers were also highly esteemed by the Egyptians.
http://wysinger.homestead.com/nubiansport.html
Here is the website above

nubians who live in the north

So called nubian groups that live beyond the 3 cataracts.

The nubians were and still today several different groups, here is the names ancient used for the different so called nubian groups
Ta Seti, Medjay, [/b]Yam, [b]wawat, Irem, Kush among other groups. They were not the same people but different groups that lived further south. In fact Ta Seti was the first nome in ancient Egypt, and the people that ruled during the 12th dynasty were Ta Seti or now the western term Nubian origin. Mind you i am using non Afrocentrist web site to go my information

Amenemhet I of the 12th dynasty

Then a king will come from the South,
Ameny, the justified, my name,
Son of a woman of Ta-Seti[i][/i], child of Upper Egypt,
He will take the white crown,
he willjoin the Two Mighty Ones (the two crowns)

from the website below
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/amenemhet1.htm

Interesting, Amenemhet eliminated his other potential rival who happened to be nubian as well according to Egyptologist.

Many Egyptologists believe that Amenemhet's inscription implies that a great ruler will come to the throne of Egypt upon the death of Mentuhotep IV, who will lead the country into prosperity. It is fairly certain that Amenemhet the vizier was predicting his own rise to the throne as Amenemhet I. However, we are told that he had at least two other competitors to the throne. One was called Inyotef, and the other a Segerseni from Nubia

from the same website
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/amenemhet1.htm

At the same time this same group of so called nubians went to war with other groups further south

Various pharaohs of Nubian origin [/b]are held by some Egyptologists to have played an important part towards the area in different eras of Egyptian history, particularly the[b] 12th Dynasty. These rulers handled matters in typical Egyptian fashion, reflecting the close cultural influences between the two regions.
...the XIIth Dynasty (1991–1786 B.C.E.) originated from the Aswan region. As expected, strong Nubian features and dark coloring are seen in their sculpture and relief work. This dynasty ranks as among the greatest, whose fame far outlived its actual tenure on the throne. Especially interesting, it was a member of this dynasty that decreed that no Nehsy (riverine Nubian of the principality of Kush), except such as came for trade or diplomatic reasons, should pass by the Egyptian fortress and cops at the southern end of the Second Nile Cataract. Why would this royal family of Nubian ancestry ban other Nubians from coming into Egyptian territory? Because the Egyptian rulers of Nubian ancestry had become Egyptians culturally; as pharaohs, they exhibited typical Egyptian attitudes and adopted typical Egyptian policies. (Yurco 1989) [20

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nubia
Again here is the website above

Also

In the New Kingdom, Nubians and Egyptians were often so closely related that some scholars consider them virtually indistinguishable, as the two cultures melded and mixed together.

Here is a article from the New York times 2011

More recently, our own Western prejudices — namely the idea that geographic Egypt was not a part of “black” Africa — have contributed to the dearth of knowledge about Nubia. The early-20th-century archaeologist George Reisner, for instance, identified large burial mounds at the site of Kerma as the remains of high Egyptian officials instead of those of Nubian kings. (Several of Reisner’s finds are in the show, reattributed to the Nubians.)

In one of his catalog essays the archaeologist Geoff Emberling, who conceived the show along with Jennifer Chi of the institute, examines some of these historical errors.

“We now recognize that populations of Nubia and Egypt form a continuum rather than clearly distinct groups,” Mr. Emberling writes, “and that it is impossible to draw a line between Egypt and Nubia that would indicate where ‘black’ begins.

Here is the website from the New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/arts/design/nubia-ancient-kingdoms-of-africa-review.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Please don't speak if you are not educated about this topic.
Even though i don't agree with everything the Op trying to convey, at least he is somewhat educated about it.
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 9:20am On Jul 18, 2012

King Senusret I (Sesostris I in greek), 12th Dynasty, Luxor Museum
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2012

Amenemhat I, 1st King of 12th Dynasty, British Museum
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2012

Agricultural scene, corn emptied into a Silo, Tomb of Ounsou, Waset (Thebes in greek) Dyn 19
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2012

A Nubian drummer carrying his instrument with raised arms, Tomb of Tjanuny (TT74), 18th Dyn during Tuthmosis IV
Re: Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures by AmunRaOlodumare: 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2012

Relief of Nefertiti, late 18th Dynasty

Relief of Nefertiti, 18th Dynasty

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olowo Of Owo, Folagbade Olateru-olagbegi Has Died / Historical Relation Between Edo And Yoruba Culture And Politics / Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.