Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine (14078 Views)

RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna / Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by javalove(m): 2:39pm On May 10, 2012
olaadegoke: Mode9 is overrated i beg...Not even a single hit song for almost a decade yet we no go rest for 'legend' rapper undecided..i beg na Niaja we dey no bi Yankee

Where did you stop in school if I may ask?

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by pdpiperpippen: 2:39pm On May 10, 2012
Muna u just shot your career in the heart, no one's going buy ur album or attend ur shows! U wld hv to Bleep ur way outa this mess like u alys have. Rmbnr shay say toto dey get expiry date.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by 9zeros(m): 2:42pm On May 10, 2012
olaadegoke: Mode9 is overrated i beg...Not even a single hit song for almost a decade yet we no go rest for 'legend' rapper undecided..i beg na Niaja we dey no bi Yankee
who'z dis b1tch?. so drake is better dan talib kwali?. 'hit song' doesnt make u a gud rapper, unless u talkin commercial success. we talkin about wordplay n punchlines. go listen 2 lagbaja n co, stay away from d rap game. st'upid murfocka!

1 Like

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by snthesis(m): 2:43pm On May 10, 2012
i'm definitely goin with Muna kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by montelik(m): 2:45pm On May 10, 2012
^^ me too grin

1 Like

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by RuuDie(m): 2:50pm On May 10, 2012
BABE!:

Here's the fre[i]akin[/i]g dialogue;

Muna: I don't agree with you. I don't agree, but let's pass the mic.

M0de9: That's why I'm a judge.

Muna: C'mon, I have a say too, you know.

Mode9: That's why I'm a judge.

Muna: ** laughing** Pass the mic. How won't she laugh sef. What a disgrace!!!

Mode9: *twisting his neck and blinking rapidly** I've been listening to hip hop for a long time. TRUST ME. TRUST ME. YOU HAVE TO RESPECT MY OPINION.

Coz Mode9 should know better!!

We all know Mode9's decision/opinion was right. It's true he's been in the game for years and he knows far better than Muna. That's why he should have put her on the spot by asking her to refute his claim or support her's. But, NO, He decided to go the Agbero/bus conductor route.

How the french is it ridiculous? If Ryan says he doesn't agree with Simon, would Simon start b1tching? Simon is right 90% of the time, and if anyone disagree with him, he simple puts them on the spot!

Irrelevant.

First of all, it is an immense responsibility that hinges on the shoulder of a compere, host or MC of a show! It takes the absolute diplomat to be able to do such a job - and I hardly think Muna covered herself in glory there.

Like I said earlier, Muna as MC is in control of that show; she is the mediator, the negotiator. Judges only speak when they have to - the MC on the other hand can address or banter with just about anybody - the crowd, the judges, contestants, even folks backstage - so it was more in Muna's hand, power or jurisdiction to avert the unnecessary tension or inconvenience and she failed woefully.

Language, choice of words, how you communicate is also very crucial in such a role. I know its a hip-hop show, but knowing given the circumstances "Pass the mic" sounded more like a dismissal even to my ears. . .that said, I still conclude that the blame ultimately lies with the event managing/organizing group. . . either they didn't train the people right or they just outrightly picked the wrong people for the job!

2 Likes

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by RuuDie(m): 3:00pm On May 10, 2012
RuuDie:

Also, Mode or any of the judges can only ask the contestants questions when necessary except probably during banters; the host on the other hand can ask just about anybody, even the audience questions - watch your BBA, X-factor, American Idol shows well and observe the host.

Factoring this to Cowell-Seacrest is utterly ridiculous - for one Seacrest clearly knows how to go about airing differing views while engaging the audience and judges conversationally not confrontatinally!

Well, ultimately the blame goes to whoever packaged that event - I believe they didn't take time out to really educate the principal actors well enough.

@ Babe!.

Please read again the following paragraphs, focusing on the emboldened text and when you finish please tell me why you reckon the statement in the first paragraph, referencing other shows, is irrelevant?

1 Like

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by angelz(f): 3:05pm On May 10, 2012
she don apologies.
mode9 fans, make una 4giv am
Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by norrisman: 3:39pm On May 10, 2012

When last did KRS 1, ICE T, Method Man, Red Man release a hit record. So beuase them no dey get airplay again, make Nicki Minaj dey disrespect dem abi?

1 Like

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by sylve11: 4:07pm On May 10, 2012
Abeg make una forget Muna ooooooooooooooooooooo, the girl is disrespectful from birth. ''Pass the Mic''. so disrespectful. cool cool cool Abi she feel sey Mic na Prick. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by miccodb(m): 4:11pm On May 10, 2012
i just watched d shit. she was totally out of place to have done that. i believe roles were dished out. Mode9 was the 'judge' and muna 'presenter' so WTF!!!youthful exuberance!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by Chanchit: 5:04pm On May 10, 2012
jim jones:

blessings. i couldnt have said it better meself!
Plz, u n d person u quoted should not jst try study law, cos u won't win a case, by lookin @ it from d yansh..... If "9" kept shut, how would we know mumu did not knw her job as a presenter, not a judge..... I knw it wud b a little while before she gets another presentin job, cos we don't even knw the job she's really doin.... Jack of all trade, includin' prostitution....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by Chanchit: 5:08pm On May 10, 2012
shizzle11: All you Muna haters can burn to ashes in the deepest part of hell. And that braggadocio that calls himself mode9, who made him a legend in rap music Excuse me ..."i don't agree with you " and how does that amount to an insult. Stupid fools
Na u go first burn to ashes, with that bi.....t..ch u always dream of fu....ckin', u'll finally get to **ck her , in hell... Three***some, with l.u.c...ifer...

1 Like

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by Friz122: 5:21pm On May 10, 2012
Who be dat goat wey dey talk sey mode no sabi rap?wetin u know go back dey listen daddy showki oh u no get biz 4 rap mumu.
Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by Chanchit: 5:22pm On May 10, 2012
javalove:

I thought you will respond to my post like your first post. . .You are an empty barrel. . .It's either you talk back at your husband/boyfriend/senior brothers/uncles/lecturers/bosses in public when you should not. . . It's not rocket science...no girl can teach his father how to have sex. . .Muna of all people cannot heckle modenine in public saying "Just pass the mic....pass the mic".

She for try am with Idris Abdul Kareem now, na one eye, 4 teeth she for carry go house. . .stupid uncultured girl...

BRAND MUNA IS BAD FOR BRAND NOKIA is my new campaign. . .No company should sign up an artiste not in good books of consumers. Ask Tiger Woods. . .

U r on point bro'...
Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by Chanchit: 5:24pm On May 10, 2012
BABE!:

Olodo, I asked, which route would you prefer mode9 go?
Will u just sharrrrrap, and go sleep.... Can't u figure out dt u lost the argument already...?

1 Like

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by Chanchit: 5:32pm On May 10, 2012
snthesis: i'm definitely goin with Muna kiss kiss kiss
I know say na dt breast wei she pack iside dt kpangolo dey turn your head....
Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by BABE3: 5:48pm On May 10, 2012
RuuDie:

First of all, it is an immense responsibility that hinges on the shoulder of a compere, host or MC of a show! It takes the absolute diplomat to be able to do such a job - and I hardly think Muna covered herself in glory there.

Like I said earlier, Muna as MC is in control of that show; she is the mediator, the negotiator. Judges only speak when they have to - the MC on the other hand can address or banter with just about anybody - the crowd, the judges, contestants, even folks backstage - so it was more in Muna's hand, power or jurisdiction to avert the unnecessary tension or inconvenience and she failed woefully.

Language, choice of words, how you communicate is also very crucial in such a role. I know its a hip-hop show, but knowing given the circumstances "Pass the mic" sounded more like a dismissal even to my ears. . .that said, I still conclude that the blame ultimately lies with the event managing/organizing group. . . either they didn't train the people right or they just outrightly picked the wrong people for the job!

I'm done with you. I can't stand sounding like a broken record to myself.

Chanchit:
Will u just sharrrrrap, and go sleep.... Can't u figure out dt u lost the argument already...?

[i]Cun[/i]t, dropping 57 curse words and sounding like a key stage 2 pupil don't clarify your point. Olodo.

Quote me and counter my point(s) like normal people on the thread have done.

1 Like

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by REMMEI(m): 6:16pm On May 10, 2012
JUST WATCHED THE CLIP..THAT MUMU GAL IS DISGUSTING I SWEAR..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by Josh316(m): 6:25pm On May 10, 2012
Mayflowa: In my opinion, Mode 9 is not a nice person. He has fragile emotion and I am sorry for his wife! The event that culminated into this loggerheads wasn't neccessary at all. Muna initially was just playing by saying: "I do not agree with you". That is a very simple statement to call her head for? Mode 9 just turned it into fiasco. That was ungentlemanly especially to take back the Microphone and wanna say more. For a swaggin man, that is an opportunity to even lay the babe! she might just be looking for an opportunity to engage Mode 9. Mode 9 dey crase.... Anyway, I respect him in the rap game.

But what was so annoying was Muna retorts of 'pass the mic' That was very uncivil. She could have laugh over the brawl instead of heating up remarks. These guys are not cultured mehnn....

How could they not manage their personality in public. Moreso, were they not paid for these jobs? Nokia could sue their ass by these acts and make them living examples. They are degrading a successful marketing brand by their ego. mtsheeeeewwwwwwww!

;Bros, i hvae a feeling they've laid each other previously... this might be some fiesty luv things in a sadistic manner.... Look at the tweet by Muna and u'll see signs of somefin sexual... wink wink grin
Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by solomon111(m): 6:34pm On May 10, 2012
shizzle11: All you Muna haters can burn to ashes in the deepest part of hell. And that braggadocio that calls himself mode9, who made him a legend in rap music Excuse me ..."i don't agree with you " and how does that amount to an insult. Stupid fools
Look at this woman wrapper above me,trying to score some points with an anonymous chick.
If mode9 is not a Naija rap legend,then who is?
Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by jimjones: 6:35pm On May 10, 2012
Chanchit:
Plz, u n d person u quoted should not jst try study law, cos u won't win a case, by lookin @ it from d yansh..... If "9" kept shut, how would we know mumu did not knw her job as a presenter, not a judge..... I knw it wud b a little while before she gets another presentin job, cos we don't even knw the job she's really doin.... Jack of all trade, includin' prostitution....

look at this retard. modenine had to make a fool of himself in order for deadheads like you to realize that that skank na mumu? modenine has always been an immature old man...with a massive inferiority complex. he has no idea what it means/takes to be the bigger man...and like a more intelligent(than you and modenine combined) @babe had mentioned earlier, modenine could easily have put her on the spot...engage her in an intelligent conversation, rather than blab about the number of years he's put in - absolutely irrelevant years, i might add. disagree with modenine and his ultimate defense is always "bla bla bla...i've been in the game forever...bla bla bla." isnt this the guy that did the song about arsenal football club? legend indeed. modenine=idris=azadus=legends of mediocrity

1 Like

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:47pm On May 10, 2012
javalove:

Trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How will you feel, as an experienced engineer, a youth corper that studied engineering heckles you in public I can't believe there are eads out there willing to make a case for Muna. . .apparently, you are as egocentric as she is. What does she know about hiphop? I listened to her songs and she can never in her wildest dreams spit like or pen lyrics like Modenine. . .its like Lil Wayne challenging the judgement of KRS1 publicly on hiphop. . .

She was damn disrespectful!!! Simple as ABC. . .Typing what she said is not same as when she said it. . .not at all!!! Please go back and watch the video again. . .and modenine only said "Trust me, I've been listening to hiphop for a long time..." when she was claiming she had an opinion too. . .If she wanted to be a judge or that good to be a judge, Nokia would have made her one. . .not trying to assert herself as the judge. That's plain wrong!!!

Modo had every reason on earth to act the way he did. . .its an insult on his legendary status, an insult to someone who single-handedly put Naija on the real hiphop radar. . .

You don't disagree with judges!!! I'm pretty sure everyone in that hall had an opinion. . .She was just freakinf childish!!!

It's a shame really. . .a shame to anyone who tries to defend Muna. . .

are you honestly saying you haven't seen Simon tell an artiste that his performance was poor and Seacrest says I don't agree with you Simon and the crowd screams in support of Seacrest? Imagine Simon saying do you know how many albums I have recorded? Do you know how many stars I have raised?
Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 10, 2012
yuzedo: Tufia! What a stupid, insincere, corny apology! Absolutely reeks of "i am beautiful so you shouldn't stay mad at me and i can get away with anything cos thirsty niggaz have given me too much attention and relevance, thus everyone should treat me like a queen". . angry
She should stuff it! Zap her, Zap her silly apology, Zap that oafish Manager or whatever PR dude of RGM records or whatever that was justifying her deviant, outlandish and saucy display, and i hope a train derails at mushin and drives straight to their respective houses and jams both of them uninterruptedly and sequentially unless they publicly and genuinely apologize, nay, beg Mode9 for forgiveness for her rude and thoughtless behavior to a legend and her older brother's senior! angry
woooooow...guy u r too mouthed for real...i second ur opinion abeg..to add to ur comment,if she doesnt apologise wella,let ol d scenes of FINAL DESTINATION 1 TO 5 occur sequentially to the Arrow...mtcheeeeewwwww
Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:56pm On May 10, 2012
mangbede:

I c u have dsame xteristics wit muna. Are u also a retired beuty queen?n do u also talk down on ur husband/boybriend in public?
Maybe you believe Women have know business speaking in public. If a man talks and a woman doesn't agree, she is rude. Muna hosted the show, she is a rapper and she believed the other rapper did better. She just said I don't agree. I can't decipher the tone you guys talked about. Then Mode started given us his credentials. That what lead Muna to tell him to pass the mic. Like it or not she has her opinion. She is not the judge so her opinion won't affect anything. So why Mode went Bananas beats me.
Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 10, 2012
[quote author=javalove]

Trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How will you feel, as an experienced engineer, a youth corper that studied engineering heckles you in public I can't believe there are eads out there willing to make a case for Muna. . .apparently, you are as egocentric as she is. What does she know about hiphop? I listened to her songs and she can never in her wildest dreams spit like or pen lyrics like Modenine. . .its like Lil Wayne challenging the judgement of KRS1 publicly on hiphop. . .

She was damn disrespectful!!! Simple as ABC. . .Typing what she said is not same as when she said it. . .not at all!!! Please go back and watch the video again. . .and modenine only said "Trust me, I've been listening to hiphop for a long time..." when she was claiming she had an opinion too. . .If she wanted to be a judge or that good to be a judge, Nokia would have made her one. . .not trying to assert herself as the judge. That's plain wrong!!!

Modo had every reason on earth to act the way he did. . .its an insult on his legendary status, an insult to someone who single-handedly put Naija on the real hiphop radar. . .

You don't disagree with judges!!! I'm pretty sure everyone in that hall had an opinion. . .She was just freakinf childish!!!

It's a shame really. . .a shame to anyone who tries to defend Muna. . .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .![/quote
touche!...ride bro...nothing doseth u

1 Like

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:11pm On May 10, 2012
mangbede:

I c u have dsame xteristics wit muna. Are u also a retired beuty queen?n do u also talk down on ur husband/boybriend in public?
I have seen Seacrest disagree with Simon alot of times. Simon never went crazy. Mode actually fueled the issue not Muna. She disagreed with his opinion and Mode tried to run her down with his credentials. That caused Muna to tell him to hand over the mic. Muna losing her temper was wrong but Mode not over looking her opinion was also wrong. She has her opinion but it affects nothing to the show. Just as sometimes the crowd disagrees with the judge's opinion but it doesn't affect the result
Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 10, 2012
9-zeros:

who'z dis b1tch?. so drake is better dan talib kwali?. 'hit song' doesnt make u a gud rapper, unless u talkin commercial success. we talkin about wordplay n punchlines. go listen 2 lagbaja n co, stay away from d rap game. st'upid murfocka!
that fool thought rap z ol about sucesss..next tym he wil b saying lil wayne z a berra rapper than nas..i no blame am,i blame internet for giving him an opportunity to exhibit his retar.dness/foolishness on NL

1 Like

Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:40pm On May 10, 2012
naijasexy: She's just plain arrogant, that's all. No amount of support from anybody here can justify what she did.

Mode9 or not, telling a judge that you opinion (as a meager host) matters is just absurd. Granted, Mode9 reacted strongly but it's quite insulting when a child (Muna) now claims that her knowledge of a certain concept (Rap) beats that of an elder (Mode9).

She should tender a proper (and formal) apology as that thing she posted on twitter cannot be considered one.
Muna never put herself above Mode9. She clearly stated " I respect ur opinion". Stop making things up.
Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by JimOvia: 7:57pm On May 10, 2012
Why are you guys so blind and short-sighted. All this na publicity stunts by nokia. Before now how many of you knew that break the beat show was going on? How many of you commenting even know what Nokia break the beat is about? Well, now you do. Nokia is happy that this fake beef is exposing the brand more. Controversy sells
Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 10, 2012
But sorry, who says Modenine is legend? U must be smoking sand
Re: Muna Aplogizes To Legend Modenine by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 10, 2012
BABE!:
Nigerians and their egotistical and unruly traits!!! Bunch of empty barrels.

How does Muna's statement "I don't agree with you" correlate with Mode9's reply "I've been in this game for years, TURST ME. . .that's why they made me a judge" . . .

Couldn't the elephant (mode9) have said "Why don't you agree with me?" or something more manly?

He's a sissy!! I couldn't stop laughing at the way he was twisting his neck while talking, like a female teenager... Olodo like him.

I can't even imagine Simon Cowell responding to Ryan Seacrest like that. . . Yes, Muna wasn't a judge, but so french what?! People disagree all the time, at least she didn't insult him. The best thing he could have done was to ask her questions that would make her look like a f00l. Kapish!!

Rap legend my arse!! Empty nonsense.

This is what happens when mother feeds infact with cowbell instead of natural breastfeeding, i though u most have grown little brain by now. For goodness sake, Muna is the presenter, she dont have to do what she did, if she dont agree with the judge, she should keep it to herself, Mod9 is the judge and not Muna, if it were to be like US, Muna is finished, because no body will ever hire her for show again, there is a reason why they have judges and presenters, presenters dont interfare with the work of judges, nigerian mentality, lawyer always thinking he can do the work of a doctor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

[music] Rarara -buhari Dodar (official Audio) / Which Song Made Your 2016? / 17 Nominations For Nigeria In ChannelO MVA 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.