Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Have You Given Up On Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Given Up On Nigeria? (6070 Views)

Poll: Have You given Up On Nigeria?

Yes: 60% (93 votes)
No: 40% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

I Have Given Up On Nigeria / No Reliable Statistics On Nigeria's Poverty Rate- World Bank / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Speech On Nigeria’s Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Blackteeth(m): 12:42pm On May 10, 2012
I think this is a very important question that will decide the future of Nigeria, but most of us do not realize it. The answer you choose will tell us if there is hope for the country or not. And here is the reason:
If you have given up on Nigeria, it means that you normally wouldn't be encouraged to work or volunteer to improve the situation in any way possible. And on the other hand, if you haven't given up on Nigeria, it means you still believe that the country has a bright future and therefore it will motivate you to work towards realizing that bright future in any way you can.
Some of us who will respond to this question may be moved to lie and say they haven't given up on Nigeria just to appear like a faithful, loyal and honest citizen, but PLEASE we need the sincere truth to this question and not lies because the truth will tell us if there is real hope for this country.
If the number of people who say they have given up on the country exceeds the number who say they have not, then Nigeria is in trouble because it means less foot soldiers to work towards the development of the country.
In my own opinion, I have given up on the country and that's the truth.

I can recall a certain poll that the owner of this site altered because he didn't like the result. I hope it wouldn't repeat again. Whether the result is favorable or unfavorable, the truth must be known.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by ak47mann(m): 12:50pm On May 10, 2012
long time cool cool cool cool
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:38pm On May 10, 2012
I have so much faith in the entity called Nigeria that we would wether this storm and more and grow into the most complex society in existence.

Mark my word, Nigeria will be a great Nation... I just pray I get to see it before I die.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by worldman(m): 3:42pm On May 10, 2012
Since before I was born I have losing hope this country NIGERIA
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 10, 2012
Almost, unless something unprecedented in the history of mankind happens. My hope lies across the Niger.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by biilwwu(m): 3:46pm On May 10, 2012
ak47mann: long time cool cool cool cool
Okija_juju: I have so much faith in the entity called Nigeria that we would wether this storm and more and grow into the most complex society in existence.

Mark my word, Nigeria will be a great Nation... I just pray I get to see it before I die.

I, Believe in Nigeria, There is hope for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Muttex(m): 3:47pm On May 10, 2012
Nigeria Hope? when the politicians are still alive .......

1 Like

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by victorian(f): 3:51pm On May 10, 2012
yes sad
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by xynerise: 3:56pm On May 10, 2012
Keep hoping. Soon the trumpet will sound and judgement day will begin from Nigeria. grin
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by cindylee: 3:56pm On May 10, 2012
Let me use Nigerian term, e go better. I have never seen a better Nigeria. It has always been like this. Right from when I was a kid. Always used to saying up NEPA! Bad roads, fetching water from well. Buying unclean "pure water". Giving money to police men. So really, I don't know the meaning of a better Nigeria or better country. Maybe those who live in developed nations can describe to me what it looks like to live in a good and developed country.

Well as for hope, which man lives on earth without hope? The day you lose hope is the day you die. "waiting for godot" "En attendant godot"

3 Likes

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by sylve11: 3:56pm On May 10, 2012
Somedays, Nigeria will be great, but not now. i have hope. cool
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 10, 2012
My Husband and Inlaws are Nigerian and Proud!and being my Hubby ifemi..I will always have Faith and Hope for Naija!..Personally speaking I love Naija very much!I know corruption and killings happening there, boko haram etc..we need to persevere through!..Education is Key!..voting for the right leaders!..also playing our part in the community as good citizens..its gonna take time for Naija to heal but each step is monumental for "progression"towards a better Prosperous Nigeria.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by JimmyBoy1: 3:57pm On May 10, 2012
I have not given up, I am still hopeful.

1 Like

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by jice(m): 3:57pm On May 10, 2012
i still believe in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by inspirenet: 4:02pm On May 10, 2012
Blackteeth: I think this is a very important question that will decide the future of Nigeria, but most of us do not realize it. The answer you choose will tell us if there is hope for the country or not. And here is the reason:
If you have given up on Nigeria, it means that you normally wouldn't be encouraged to work or volunteer to improve the situation in any way possible. And on the other hand, if you haven't given up on Nigeria, it means you still believe that the country has a bright future and therefore it will motivate you to work towards realizing that bright future in any way you can.
Some of us who will respond to this question may be moved to lie and say they haven't given up on Nigeria just to appear like a faithful, loyal and honest citizen, but PLEASE we need the sincere truth to this question and not lies because the truth will tell us if there is real hope for this country.
If the number of people who say they have given up on the country exceeds the number who say they have not, then Nigeria is in trouble because it means less foot soldiers to work towards the development of the country.
In my own opinion, I have given up on the country and that's the truth.

I can recall a certain poll that the owner of this site altered because he didn't like the result. I hope it wouldn't repeat again. Whether the result is favorable or unfavorable, the truth must be known.

One thing i know is that Winners never quit. And quitters never Win. There is hope for Nigeria notwithstanding the current situation of things.

The fact still remain, there is no unity of purpose. This came up as a result of greed, selfishness and covetousness on the part of Leadership.

But notwithstanding, there is hope. Nigeria would rise again. Nigeria will flourish again. God's will.

1 Like

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 10, 2012
i still believe in Nigeria
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Kanto: 4:06pm On May 10, 2012
If nigeria is populated with the kind of bigoted hate mongers we see on nairaland then there is no hope for people who are full of hatred can never provide good governance. This is why there is so much corruption because the leaders have no love so they loot everything and condemn the masses to suffering and poverty.

Untill nigerians learn to love there will never be progress.

1 Like

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by ismhab(m): 4:09pm On May 10, 2012
I hope my great grandchildren will have hope for Nigeria, as for me the way things are going in this country i see no any hope in the near future.

1 Like

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by jamace(m): 4:09pm On May 10, 2012
YES. No iota of hope in me for Nigeria because Nigeria has no leaders but bizmen in power.

Until something drastic happens, count me out.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Piyke: 4:10pm On May 10, 2012
I believe in naija. Though disappointed with the pace of change. I think we would get there. Not yet as bad as zimbabwe where a loaf of bread sold for more than a million Zimbabwe dollars b4 they started using dollar n pounds as local currency.

Just like we've had and still have a few "good" governors eg Chime, Fashola, Duke... A time would come when we would have someone "good" as president. The sign of that president would be the one that stops importation of finished petroleum products and gives naija excess power cheesy.

Developed countries also went through this phase I believe and conquered it so I'm hopeful.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by LogicMind: 4:21pm On May 10, 2012
i have given up totally.
i only needed to travel and see a few states and tribes to know that i have nothing in common with some people calling themselves my countrymen.
nigeria was a british experiment which does not benefit anybody.
divide it and see enjoyment and prosperity for all.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by lacasa: 4:22pm On May 10, 2012
Even God, helps those who make an effort τ̅☺ Help theemselves.

Not by Hoping or by waiting for Magic or Miracles

Hope is When we decide we are †ЂΞ captains O̶̷̩̥̊͡f our future aπϑ destiny in Life, not by saying "e go better" or "God dey".

As for ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ this thread is not appropriate
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Ardedaryor(m): 4:25pm On May 10, 2012
no i will neva inrespective of no template of improvement........ God help this country
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Kockane(m): 4:40pm On May 10, 2012
There are two solutions to the nigerian mess: either a disintegration of the whole geographical conjecture into smaller individual units OR a return to regional system of government where each region is a confederate member of a central government located in abuja. Besides these two alternatives, I see no progress for nigeria.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by omenziate(m): 4:41pm On May 10, 2012
Until this crop of politcians die o, only then will hope come
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Donbrig: 4:41pm On May 10, 2012
I so much believe in a better Nigeria. If the Afghans, Iraqis, Somalians, Sudanese and other troubled nations could be so hopeful of a better tomorrow, I see no reason why Nigerians should not be hopeful. All that is happening in Nigeria at the moment is just a test of time to strengthen our tomorrow. Nations must face trials to triumph. Boko Haram will only strengthen our security like never before. We don't have to blame our govt or system for every problem in the country, lets play our own little roles in changing Nigeria. God is so busy in Heaven working out things for Nigerians. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Sirmuell(m): 4:52pm On May 10, 2012
Fellow Nigerians, I don't believe in Nigeria not anymore cuz the evil that men do live after them so the future we would have believed in has been squandered by our leaders. Nigeria will be worst than what it is now in the next 50years but the only grace that would save us as human beings si only if the country is divided and every tribe and religion go their separate ways but if we keep managing in ignorance I'm sorry to say it but Nigeria can and will never know true or meaningful development as a Nation. Nigeria is a failed Country in all ramifications.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Litmus: 4:53pm On May 10, 2012
http://www.sys-con.com/node/2274733

Nigeria has overtaken South Africa to become the continent's largest mobile market with now over 90 million subscribers, and yet market penetration stands at only around 60% in early 2012. Subscriber growth had slowed significantly during the global economic crisis, re-accelerated in 2010 but then slowed again in 2011. Much of the remaining addressable market is in the country's rural areas where network rollouts and operations are expensive. This in combination with declining ARPU levels is forcing the networks to streamline their operations and to develop new revenue streams from services such as third generation (3G) mobile broadband, mobile payments/banking, and others. At the same time the operators are rolling out national fibre backbone networks to support the ever increasing demand for bandwidth. At least two operators are rolling out fourth generation (4G) LTE networks.

How difficult it is to succeed in Nigeria's highly competitive mobile market became evident with the spectacular failure of Multi-Links in 2011 in which seasoned heavyweight Telkom South Africa lost almost its entire investment.

This report contains a market overview and analysis, key statistics, regulatory issues, profiles of major players, including financial results where available, and two scenario forecasts for the mobile market in 2013 and 2016.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by hamsky: 5:01pm On May 10, 2012
I have given up on the intergrity of the country because it was "designed" by Lord lugard to be a colonial territory and not a country. Even though the british governor at that time warned Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe and Tafawa balewa about this they still carried on, I guess they were too anxious to create a country they can call there own (in the context of being citizens of it). However I havn't given up on the fact that Nigeria is the only place a nigerian can become really really rich (I don't mean looting oil or government's money) but the land is it very fertile for fast growing investments.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 10, 2012
I had always hoped nigeria would get better until i joined nairaland.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Agimor(m): 5:11pm On May 10, 2012
Those of you saying you have lost hope in 9jirian,what else are you guys still waiting for before you relocate.remember there is a saying that do not think of what your country will do for you,rather what can you do for your country.though nigeria is going through some difficult moment its an avenue for us to show our potentials and pray fervently.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by jamace(m): 5:11pm On May 10, 2012
I have lost hope completely in Nigeria. The present crop of politicians are not leaders. They are looters in power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: When Ilorin People Visit Lagos For The First Time / Buhari Has Been Vindicated, "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy"see Why / INEC Honours 77 Outstanding Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.