Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client (4784 Views)

Poll: I'm not joining the TwoGo4X API effort because...

I don't do VB.NET: 66% (2 votes)
I don't use 2go on PC: 0% (0 votes)
I don't use Sourceforge, put it on GitHub: 0% (0 votes)
I don't like OpenSource: 0% (0 votes)
I like 2go as it is: 33% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

How To Build And Design A Mobile Application Like 2go, Whatsapp, Mixit / How Do Whatsapp And 2go Make Their Money? / Want To Start A Mobile Social Network Like 2go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 3:47pm On May 11, 2012
anyone interested? check out https://sourceforge.net/projects/twogo4x/

here's the gist in summary:
There are everal things wrong with the 2go instant messenger:
-the app is poor on most platforms e.g android, blackberry and even pc!
-2go cannot be accessed via the web using a browser alone.
-2go can be more than it is right now.

This is an API for 2go. Hopefully, anyone can now write a client for the 2go network (even a web interface), improving on things therefore solving all 3 problems.

I have decompiled an older version of the 2go app for java mobiles and analysed it's java classes therefore most of the 2go GUI elements can be reconstructed.
I've started some work on the API (using VB.NET) but will need help in areas such as
-the network protocol (using wireshark)
-java code deciphering
-and API testing.

To start
1. download 2go4x.jar
2. download kemulator
3. use 2go4x.jar with kemulator on your pc and send us the log file!

3 Likes

Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by Seun(m): 3:55am On May 12, 2012
Don't use sourceforge. Use github.
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 6:49am On May 12, 2012
seun, pls add reasons
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by randomguy1: 10:57pm On May 12, 2012
just downloaded it on my bb 9800, it just flashes endlessly, after a while it generates an exception message and closes
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 11:41pm On May 14, 2012
hmmm, does 2go from its publishers work on ur phone? What is on sourceforge is a java .jar file and an emulator. The aim is to get people to use it (preferably on pc) and submit the emulator logs which will then be used to develop an API implementable on any device
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 6:50am On May 16, 2012
12 downloads in 6 days and counting. Have you got it? sf.net/projects/twogo4x
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 2:56pm On May 24, 2012
By downloading 2go4x.jar and using it on your pc through kemulator (also available for download in Files->res), you will be able to use your existing 2go account to log in to the popular IM service. Uploading the log file (log.txt), Wireshark dumps (if you can), or deciphering the reverse-engineered .jar file (Files->src) will help us build the 2go4x API to be used by all to freely expand our much beloved 2go network!
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by SayoMarvel(m): 6:14pm On May 28, 2012
Will the finished product be propietry or open source? I may be interested in taking up the desktop client. I've got some experience in Swing smiley
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2012
Ofcourse it'll be open source! That's the main reason for doing this ('this' being an API for 2go). If it had been open source, someone would have written a better client than what is available for, say, android.
The code i've written is already on sourceforge.net/projects/twogo4x
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 8:02am On Jun 24, 2012
A one man hackathon isn't much fun! Want to be part of the effort? Go to sourceforge.net/projects/twogo4x

Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 11:51am On Jun 29, 2012
just put up a poll. Check it out at the top of the thread
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by SayoMarvel(m): 2:38am On Jun 30, 2012
My answer to the poll is not among the options. Actually, I've not joined because I'm currently tied down with academic stuffs. However it may be better to put it on GitHub for better integration with my IDE. I love this project and appreciate the work done so far. I've not tackled any "project" with VB too but that's not the issue. *off-to-sourceforge-to-check-the-project-out* smiley
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2012
SayoMarvel: My answer to the poll is not among the options. Actually, I've not joined because I'm currently tied down with academic stuffs. However it may be better to put it on GitHub for better integration with my IDE. I love this project and appreciate the work done so far. I've not tackled any "project" with VB too but that's not the issue. *off-to-sourceforge-to-check-the-project-out* smiley

which IDE do you use? I chose VB.NET because it's easy enough to serve as pseudocode for people who know other languages because as the name implies 2go4x will be on several platforms e.g 2go4PC, 2go4Android etc and thus other languages will be used to implement it.
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by SayoMarvel(m): 8:53am On Jul 01, 2012
cripnip:

which IDE do you use? I chose VB.NET because it's easy enough to serve as pseudocode for people who know other languages because as the name implies 2go4x will be on several platforms e.g 2go4PC, 2go4Android etc and thus other languages will be used to implement it.

Netbeans/Eclipse for Java projects (and anything somewhat related). I also have Visual Studio which I use for WP7 projects. As I said, VB.NET would not really be a limitation as I'm open to learning new languages and VB.NET won't be a tough nut to crack.

Currently, I'm very familiar with Git/GitHub, Mecurial/Bitbucket and my Netbeans is setup to integrate properly with these. My Eclipse also has Mecurial installed.
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2012
ok. seems GitHub is the hot new thing. i hope it's easier to set up than sf.net's svn. major update coming up soon, might just put it up on github.com/olibenu
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 8:17am On Jul 28, 2012
i have major update planned so i'm thinking of closing the poll on 1st August. so what will make it easier for you to join the 2go4x effort? i'll need to work on your suggestions
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2012
That is just sad. Just closed the poll and noticed the number of votes. Anyway, i'll go ahead and scratch my itch!
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
2go4x? Always rejects my logins. Reports username/password errorembarassed
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 5:34pm On Aug 03, 2012
Docjay487: 2go4x? Always rejects my logins. Reports username/password errorembarassed

strange. does the official client do the same?
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 8:17am On Aug 17, 2012
There's a major update coming up. I'm not going to say more than one word for now: 'IConverse'.
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2012
trying to put the design documents up on github.com/olibenu
give me a little while to get this git thing up and running
i thought it was as easy as sourceforge.net
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 11:56am On Sep 05, 2012
finally! after wrestling with git and github,
i have put the design documents up.

take a look at https://github.com/olibenu/iconverse
pay special attention to iconverse.pdf, it tells the whole story

i will soon put up a demo. just a little time, i'm hammering it out now
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by Hackomania(m): 11:04pm On Nov 22, 2012
This is great bro... I'm so loving it. What's the status so far?
Re: Twogo4x: A Better 2go Client by cripnip(m): 11:18am On Nov 29, 2012
Hackomania: This is great bro... I'm so loving it. What's the status so far?
thanks hacko. currently, i'm moving focus from 2go4x (sf.net/projects/twogo4x) to IConverse (github.com/olibenu/iconverse).
a simple gui and an open source library (both showing my vision for IConverse) will soon be up at GitHub. very soon

(1) (Reply)

Mathematics As Backbone Of Programming / Computer Science Project Topic Needed / Scan And Secure Your Website Against Hackers,ddos,proxy Users And Sqli Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.