Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church (12412 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Which Food Do You Enjoying Cooking Most? / Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by nnewa: 2:22pm On May 12, 2012
In d 70 &early 80's we used t skip brkfast t atnd 7 or 8 am mas til abt 11 am dn come hme t grind tomatoes in d mortar.incidentaly d skipn glud 4 as long as wen i want t brk it.gud but u culd b hungry on ur way bak. Later it was stew late sat rice on sun. Discipln it boils down to
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by pretim(f): 2:25pm On May 12, 2012
armyofone: smiley funny childhood memories Sam Milla

got to a point nne stop cooking the rice until after church smiley
then change to cooking the stew on saturday night but no rice.
no food in the morning because i have to take holy communion and drink wine grin
i found myself remembering the nice stew during Mass grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 12, 2012
[size=14pt]still growing tongue maybe when i grow like you people i will share same experience [/size]
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by topsy1971: 2:28pm On May 12, 2012
bright007: With an appreciable number of commentors remembering how mum use to starve dem of rice and stew b4 going to church,it is really pathetic.You all came from either poor homes or homes where those in charge of affairs ŵėřē mentally sick
If not,I don't see any reason for those actions back then or maybe u should go and ask dem ŵĥŷ they did that.

I don't blame you. Its obvious you grew up in a motherless home and deprived of motherly relationship. otherwise, you would have had the experience being discussed.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by Gentiejag(f): 2:32pm On May 12, 2012
@bright07...walahi....i dnt even no wat to say to u....u ar just plain daft
@topic...i apen to b a seventh day adventist so instead of sundays myn is saturdays(today apens to b 1)...all i cld tink of in church was rice nd chicken stew wit d bottle of malt in d refrigerator...i dnt no y..wait!..**runs off to d kitchen** brb!tym to eat
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by beblessed(f): 2:39pm On May 12, 2012
Even as i celebrate my bday today, i miss my mum who died 17yrs ago...her rice,chicken and stew is unforgetable. D chicken bones where much tastier than wat we have now. On days like this, she makes fresh fish pepper for everyone.
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by sunnshyn(f): 2:44pm On May 12, 2012
Yes o! Madam stainless infact stil makes stew Saturday nite my brothers told me, she wld wake up early sunday morning to cook the rice! I realized she did all dis cos she wanted us to be in a 'state of grace' as we were practicing catholics. I'm so used to it now sef, no food before mass, no matter what meeting I have to attend, and rice and my special stew's reserved for sundays only ooo, I'm sure I'll pass it on to my kids too...lol
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 12, 2012
beblessed: Even as i celebrate my bday today, i miss my mum who died 17yrs ago...her rice,chicken and stew is unforgetable. D chicken bones where much tastier than wat we have now. On days like this, she makes fresh fish pepper for everyone.

HBD to you
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by Fhemmmy: 2:45pm On May 12, 2012
Never went thru that, i am sure if i did, i will leave the church and come and help myself to some during service, cos i wld surely make sure i have a copy of the keys.
Things kids do . . .
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 12, 2012
Fhemmmy: Never went thru that, i am sure if i did, i will leave the church and come and help myself to some during service, [b]cos i wld surely make sure i have a copy of the keys.
Things kids do . . . [/b]

Lol funny sha
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 12, 2012
I always ate before and after church, but it was always rice and stew. I wouldn't have minded though if we didn't eat before church. Rice and stew wasn't all that for me to get excited over. I still eat before going to church. grin
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by gigz31: 2:52pm On May 12, 2012
Everyone don dey claim now....so no body ate garri or fufu hmmmmmm sunday rice.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by bright007(f): 4:18pm On May 12, 2012
Yomieluv: Attimes I wonder what makes front page on nairaland,this thread shows how nairalnders are poverty stricken,from Ǥø̲̣đ forsaken home,and to cap it all,poor background upbringing.nairaland sucks.
please tell them ooo.
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by pusicat: 4:25pm On May 12, 2012
bright007:
Are they all catholics?Your brain must be functionally anaemic for u to say starving to church is å form of disciplinary measure?
I never expected anybody to dance to my tune.Its just d manner they were celebrating an insensible act instead of remembering and praying for it not to happen to their wards.
God i cant imagine wat is wrong wit mad rat
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 12, 2012
Dang, wonders shall never end. A thread for LIFE-LONG FOOD MONGERS?
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by tpia5: 4:44pm On May 12, 2012
op

what's the point of the thread.
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 12, 2012
bright007: With an appreciable number of commentors remembering how mum use to starve dem of rice and stew b4 going to church,it is really pathetic.You all came from either poor homes or homes where those in charge of affairs ŵėřē mentally sick
If not,I don't see any reason for those actions back then or maybe u should go and ask dem ŵĥŷ they did that.

Maybe we were poor then, but its got nuffin to do wit d mental illness in ur family,
Besides, now we can eat it as much as we want to... Nd to remind u, waiting after service for d sunday rice had nuffin to do wit bein poor... It was just a sunday norm for almost every nigerian home.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by aieromon(m): 4:51pm On May 12, 2012
Yours is better.I used to be fed beans and pap every Sunday morning and woe betide me if I nod my head during service grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 12, 2012
bright007: who cares if u are poor now or rich then?Maybe your insensible parents didn't tell u that starving to church ŵăš å strategy used by them for food conservation.Its similar to declaring fast at home wen there is no food!Poor u!I can imagine how malnourished u ŵėřē wen growing up.

As a MOF, i neva starved, i only had to take tea and expect d rest later...
Comin here to brag about how u had whateva meals before church doesn't make 190 love u.. U dig?
Its not by force to comment... So bro..u can either roll or bounce..
I love d thought of yesteryears... And I'm glad i enjoyd every part of my childhood..
Stop broadcasting to the whole world dat u were locked up!
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by cosby07: 5:13pm On May 12, 2012
nothing wey i no go hear for nairaland laff wan tear my belle
Re: Cooking Before Church And Eating After Church by 1forall: 5:14pm On May 12, 2012
Yuk! :-&

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Awesome Cakes By Sazzy's Place Lagos / Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips / My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.