Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election (16027 Views)

Peoples Mega Party (PMP): Aggrieved PDP Men Float New Party / Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by scopusng(m): 8:04am On May 13, 2012
Trustees (BOT) of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) retired General Muhammadu Buhari and the national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu have kick started a deal expected to lead to the formation of a new political party.
Sunday Trust exclusively gathered that a "reform committee" has already been constituted by both the CPC and the ACN to actualize the dream that galvanize their supporters and members to work together at grassroots level. Both Buhari and Tinubu met last week Sunday in Lagos to discuss on the way to save Nigeria from the grip of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Confirming the development with Sunday Trust, a CPC chieftain Pastor Tunde Bakare said, "As far as I know, the party's hierarchy has formed a reform committee to look into the past activities and prepare for the future. Until the committee finishes its assignment, anybody talking about CPC affairs is just shooting into the air and singing what he likes to say. When that committee finishes and submits its report and strategic position taken on how to move the party forward, then it would be made public. Until then, it is mere guesswork."
Another CPC chieftain and the party's governorship candidate in April 2011 general elections Mr Osita Okechukwu explained that the current alliance will lead to the formation of new political platform with new logo.
Okechukwu stated that both the ACN and the CPC now have enough time to mobilize their members and supporters at the grassroots level to key into the new plan for an alliance.
He noted that leaders from both parties expressed fears during the failed alliance talks on the unlikely possibility of adequately enlightening their members and supporters at the grassroots to understand the critical issues like the change of logo which will be involved in the alliance bid before the 2011 general election. He said, "the good luck we have is that General Buhari has already gotten all members to agree on this position. Whether Mr A is going to be President tomorrow or Mr B will be governor, councillor or minister, what is important is that between 2012 and 2014, let there be strategic meetings.
"There are issues that will be resolved as we move along. But first of all, let us make sure that the man who is a councillorship candidate for the CPC in Udi Local Government is going to come into the same merger with the man who also runs for the ACN. The same thing with the man in Uyo, Yenagoa, Oshogbo and Ekiti. If you don't do that, you have not done a merger. You might take it simply that if Buhari moves, Tinubu moves, then they have moved. It's not a fact."
He added, "We are even going to change name. The party is going to change name. We might change logo. These are things you have to enlighten people about because the other time when we wanted to do it, it was said that it was too close to the election. We wanted to change logo to have ACN/CPC, some of our people said no. When we went to INEC, the commission directed us to go through the Electoral Act because they are not the lawmakers. These are what time might allow us to do. And if you want to do it, you must go through this level if you are serious.

http://ediong..com/2012/05/bola-tinubu-and-buhari-to-float-in.html
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by Mynd44: 9:57am On May 13, 2012
It won't work. Reason? No party is big enough for Tinubu and Bakare. Remember the 2011 election when Bakare was asked to step down and he did not.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by hakanai(m): 10:50am On May 13, 2012
Mynd_44: It won't work. Reason? No party is big enough for Tinubu and Bakare. Remember the 2011 election when Bakare was asked to step down and he did not.
^^^ Obviously from the read you can see that they know about that and the reason for a committee to walk on a common front.Like they said it's slightly timely to start all the setup now.Where they don't agree they have time to go back and come up with a agreeable position.It's workable if the right people encourage them and suggest the importance of Good candidates for position on a common platform at the end.

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by scopusng(m): 11:50am On May 13, 2012
For me, I think it's possible. Buhari and Fashola ticket could work magic.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by redsun(m): 11:55am On May 13, 2012
Buhari is finished.His is beginning to play very filthy,like a seasoned nigerian politician with dead idoelogy.

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by Gbawe: 12:04pm On May 13, 2012
scopusng: For me, I think it's possible. Buhari and Fashola ticket could work magic.

Without a doubt. The reality is that Buhari remains perhaps the most popular politicians amongst ordinary Northerners and Fashola is extremely popular everywhere especially in the SW. That may be the ticket to rout the PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by Gbawe: 12:06pm On May 13, 2012
haka_nai:
^^^ Obviously from the read you can see that they know about that and the reason for a committee to walk on a common front.Like they said it's slightly timely to start all the setup now.Where they don't agree they have time to go back and come up with a agreeable position.It's workable if the right people encourage them and suggest the importance of Good candidates for position on a common platform at the end.

Indeed. If such an alliance is truelly in the offing, then time is of the essence to iron out teething issues.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by Mynd44: 12:19pm On May 13, 2012
haka_nai:
No doubt you are right but from what the article said who will make the most sacrifices? The ACN were willing to compromise once but having tasted the blood of the PDP, I doubt they will be interesting in shifting. Plus Bakare thing every and anything Tinubu reeks of corruption is he willing to hug this "devil" cos that will make him an hypocrite. Just my opinion anyway
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by hakanai(m): 3:47pm On May 13, 2012
scopusng: For me, I think it's possible. Buhari and Fashola ticket could work magic.

^^^ Honestly i think that Buahri and Tinubu should stick to the party manifesto and act as fathers/council to the younger folks.We have Fashola,El-rufai,don't know about Ribadu,Bakare,Dora Akunyili & alot more fresh and proven young fighters and visionaries.They should promote fresh people with proven records.Some people could be woe from other parties.Once they present a formidable platform.Buhari seems to be working for somebody else to replace him.I hope he does that,than run personally.I hope regardless of the permutation Fashola is part of it.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by hakanai(m): 3:54pm On May 13, 2012
Mynd_44:
No doubt you are right but from what the article said who will make the most sacrifices? The ACN were willing to compromise once but having tasted the blood of the PDP, I doubt they will be interesting in shifting. Plus Bakare thing every and anything Tinubu reeks of corruption is he willing to hug this "devil" cos that will make him an hypocrite. Just my opinion anyway

^^^^ Yes but i believe they have initiated the merger modalities.If in anyway they come up with issues,its only natural to quarrel but they should do all that before 2015.In any groupings such storming stages are bound to happen
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by Rhino5dm: 4:36pm On May 13, 2012
I don't think buhari can win any election in nigeria of today. Best bet is Fashola and SLS ticket.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by ektbear: 5:25pm On May 13, 2012
Meh.

If it is Fashola/somebody else, I support the alliance.

If it is northerner/somebody else, I have zero interest.

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by belovedaja(m): 7:05pm On May 13, 2012
They want to form an islamic party that will jihadized the entire country. It will not work.

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by egift(m): 7:47pm On May 13, 2012
belovedaja: They want to form an islamic party that will jihadized the entire country. It will not work.
what a waste of spermatozoa.

6 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by ektbear: 7:51pm On May 13, 2012
egift:
what a waste of spermatozoa.

lmao grin

Too bad his mother didn't end up swallowing him
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by Mynd44: 8:24pm On May 13, 2012
ekt_bear:

lmao grin

Too bad his mother didn't end up swallowing him
The best part of him ran down his father's legs
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by mikolo80: 8:53pm On May 13, 2012
WHICH KAIN MUMU BE DIS BELOVED DOG
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by Funkymallam(m): 10:34pm On May 13, 2012
Gbawe:

Without a doubt. The reality is that Buhari remains perhaps the most popular politicians amongst ordinary Northerners and Fashola is extremely popular everywhere especially in the SW. That may be the ticket to rout the PDP.

That will b a very popular ticket but will religious bigotry allow it?
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by hakanai(m): 10:43pm On May 13, 2012
ekt_bear: Meh.

If it is Fashola/somebody else, I support the alliance.

If it is northerner/somebody else, I have zero interest.

^^^What ever rocks your world guy!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 13, 2012
Last I checked Dora Akunyili was in APGA.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by ektbear: 1:06am On May 14, 2012
haka_nai:

^^^What ever rocks your world guy!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

I don't have a high opinion of Northern politicians. So why would I be interested in seeing any of them as president?
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by Nobody: 1:36am On May 14, 2012
Muslim-muslim ticket will not work cos hausas will not allow christian-christian ticket

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by Mynd44: 1:49am On May 14, 2012
Laalamed: Muslim-muslim ticket will not work cos hausas will not allow christian-christian ticket
That is the same kind of thinking that got us into this crap in the first place. When Abiola won the election was it not a Muslim Muslim ticket? But we have left our sanity behind and pursuing religious some agenda that will lead to most likely, our ruin
NB I am a Christian

3 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by Super1759: 8:46am On May 14, 2012
If this is true.its reali a bad move to checkmate pdp.some people are reali working hard to hijack this country....sobs....
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by moderattor: 8:52am On May 14, 2012
Fashola and Buhari are muslims.
Any little boko haram propaganda will make it impossible for xtians to vote their team.
Boko haram has finished Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by Nobody: 8:53am On May 14, 2012
Lie lie e no go work, even if all parties join together against pdp they won't win unless the siting president will have to leave the seat during the election period but as long as he is seating una go see PDP rigging machine at work.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by stiyke(m): 8:54am On May 14, 2012
It may only work if Fashola is president while Buhari is vice.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by moderattor: 8:58am On May 14, 2012
stiyke: It may only work if Fashola is president while Buhari is vice.
Major Mohammad General Buhari
cannot accept that.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by moderattor: 9:00am On May 14, 2012
stiyke: It may only work if Fashola is president while Buhari is vice.
Major General Mohammad Buhari
cannot accept that.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by ebgbest(m): 9:00am On May 14, 2012
It jus a waste of time. Buhari should step aside fro 9jria politic coz dat dude is 2relegious. He is a fanatic, beliv me no norther wil rule dis com3 again. After gudluk is David mark. Gbam
Re: Bola Tinubu And Buhari To Float New Political Party Ahead Of The 2015 Election by ckkris: 9:06am On May 14, 2012
EFCC should get ready to hound all these thieves that worry Nigeria. As for Alhaji Tunde Bakare, him own na small. Even in this Nairaland sef, EFCC go first catch Gbawe, then him go know say Nigeria is greater than all these tribal skirmishes. At least Jona don survive one year, wey dem just de bomb innocent people. Jona will outlast all of them politically. Na wetin, they no de fear God? Haba!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sanitation Violation: 170 Caged In Enugu (Photos, Video) / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move / Afikuyomi Not Our Member – Lagos APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.