Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent (1876 Views)

I Dont Know Wat To Think Of My Girlfriend ADVICE NEEDED (pic Evidence) / Missing Orekoya Kids Found! Read The Official Statement From OLX / WHATS UR VIEW ON THIS STATEMENT?... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by hassymo5(m): 7:48am On May 16, 2012
1. don't want her to marry a catholic and i am a catholic
2. one of her uncle shouted on her who is this MOSES (me), we work together with that uncle of her's, and he knows that i am from a muslim baground, he said to her ok will shall start from his family baground,and my girl keep crying
3. dont want her to marry a catholic, some women gossiper's when and told her mum, that her son in law to be is a catholic they even showed her mum my mother at a catholic church in there area, that makes her mum to cry all night which cos another problem for my girl
4. my girl found a place close too where she work and was ready to move cos of distance and the parent wont allow her. sayin im the one causing it...
5. because of all these, they when ahead to report her to some council of elders and pastors
6. cos of all these she want me to travel somewhere for a while cos she is afraid her parent, elder and pastor will sermon me
7. they stupit one, her parent told her to buy a car for them and build a house for them before getting married, can u believe this, her salary is just 50,000
pls nairalander, what advice do you have for me and my girl, especially my girl cos she is always crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by feminineA: 9:13am On May 16, 2012
Its obvious you two still have a long way to go if you really want to get married. First and foremost what does ur girl want for herself?? She needs to have a firm grip of herself and be in control. Tears won't solve it but to put her feet down so irrelevant people won't impose wrong decisions on her.
Also what's her dad saying?didn't c anything about him in the picture painted.
Am sure when u started dating her you knew it will be a bumpy ride coz there is also problem when it comes to religion and denominational differences.
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by Nobody: 10:22am On May 16, 2012
Tell your girl to grow up first. The council of elders and co with her parents that could not do the needful and build a house for themselves when the economy was 4x better than waht we have now must be ignored for atleast 2 yrs during which your woman must have gone through self discovery.

Why is your muslim background causing her family concern? where do these kind of people spring from? Yourself inclusive. I dont think any of you are christians all of you are just religious people. You all dont even understand what you want cause here you are defining your denominations making it more important than your beliefs. Your girlfriend is not old enough to get married. Why you may ask? well you see she isnt even fighting for herself. Her parents tell her to buy a car and build a house for them on a salary of 50,000 naira monthly and she is crying.? What for? People sef!
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by Nobody: 11:46am On May 16, 2012
Passing by
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by hassymo5(m): 5:15pm On May 16, 2012
guy dis is a serious issue
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by moremi2008(m): 7:00pm On May 16, 2012
Your "girl" needs to make up her mind! Are you ready to marry her? Have you told her this? If yes, then ask her to make-up her mind. If she doesn't choose you, then she doesn't love you and you're better off without her. Marriage is a serious agreement between two grown adults!
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by hassymo5(m): 8:36pm On May 16, 2012
moremi2008: Your "girl" needs to make up her mind! Are you ready to marry her? Have you told her this? If yes, then ask her to make-up her mind. If she doesn't choose you, then she doesn't love you and you're better off without her. Marriage is a serious agreement between two grown adults!
thanks for that!!!
The father is the one saying she is not going any where!!!!!
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by Busybody2(f): 10:49am On May 17, 2012
hassymo5: 1. don't want her to marry a catholic and i am a catholic
2. one of her uncle shouted on her who is this MOSES (me), we work together with that uncle of her's, and he knows that i am from a muslim baground, he said to her ok will shall start from his family baground,and my girl keep crying
3. dont want her to marry a catholic, some women gossiper's when and told her mum, that her son in law to be is a catholic they even showed her mum my mother at a catholic church in there area, that makes her mum to cry all night which cos another problem for my girl
4. my girl found a place close too where she work and was ready to move cos of distance and the parent wont allow her. sayin im the one causing it...
5. because of all these, they when ahead to report her to some council of elders and pastors
6. cos of all these she want me to travel somewhere for a while cos she is afraid her parent, elder and pastor will sermon me
7. they stupit one, her parent told her to buy a car for them and build a house for them before getting married, can u believe this, her salary is just 50,000
pls nairalander, what advice do you have for me and my girl, especially my girl cos she is always crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a possibility they are already eyeing a rich suitor whom they prefer to fulfil their requirement of getting a car and a house, and you don't fit the mould.

In this instance, not only the parent, but their kitchen sink is not interested in you! But you should still go and meet those council of Elders though to further express your interest. . .You have tried your best and sometimes our best is just not goood enough. I wish you well.
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by hassymo5(m): 11:20am On May 17, 2012
Busy_body:

There is a possibility they are already eyeing a rich suitor whom they prefer to fulfil their requirement of getting a car and a house, and you don't fit the mould.

In this instance, not only the parent, but their kitchen sink is not interested in you! But you should still go and meet those council of Elders though to further express your interest. . .You have tried your best and sometimes our best is just not goood enough. I wish you well.

Thanks but my girl love me, she is starting to be rud to her people over me and because of what they are saying
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 17, 2012
She does not need to be rude. She only needs to calmly tell them what she wants and be serious and yeah mayb you should meet the council of elders.
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by hassymo5(m): 3:33pm On May 17, 2012
andromida: She does not need to be rude. She only needs to calmly tell them what she wants and be serious and yeah mayb you should meet the council of elders.
meet the council of elders without them,without them asking me to come,,, No NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by hassymo5(m): 3:33pm On May 17, 2012
andromida: She does not need to be rude. She only needs to calmly tell them what she wants and be serious and yeah mayb you should meet the council of elders.
meet the council of elders ,without them asking me to come,,, No NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 17, 2012
Thought the Council of elders want to meet you which is why she told you to travel or something.
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by hassymo5(m): 3:42pm On May 17, 2012
andromida: Thought the Council of elders want to meet you which is why she told you to travel or something.
NO,SHE WAS JUST AFRAID THAT THEY MIGHT SERMON ME, JUST LIKE SHE WAS SERMONED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 17, 2012
hassymo5: 1. don't want her to marry a catholic and i am a catholic

That #7 was pure wickedness. If the parents are even remote Christians they should understand that SOMEONE could use that statement to try and hamper their daughter's marital life whether or not you are even involved in the picture in the future.

As with something as crucial as marriage, if you are both Christians, the VERY first thing you should do before putting yourself in the "We are romeo and Juliet therefore Hollywood tells us we are right" state-of-mind is to first check with God that indeed you are both to be together in His plans. At the end of the day, God's will is the only thing that matters.

Please do not be deceived by emotions and butterfly-in-the-tummy feelings, NOTHING should have happened without that first step being sorted out so you know with all certainty how things suppose turn out no matter what people say. It would be a shame if after all the energy and time put into the Romeo and Juliet dance, that the whole thing was never God's will to begin with...

Get people you trust and who are not biased by the situation to join you. When God answers, there is usually certainty and there is confirmation by many.
Re: This Statement From My Girlfriend Parent by hassymo5(m): 8:28am On May 18, 2012
guy but love is above all,

(1) (Reply)

Whose Responsibility Is It To Choose Wedding Date? Advice Needed. / Advice For Holiday Destinations Outside Nigeria / Toddler Spends 3 Solid Minutes Telling Dad He Loves Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.