Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments (17854 Views)

Did The 19 Northern Gov Support Buhari ? Thisday Vs Punch/ Vanguard Newspaper / Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Govt Buildings In Abuja &19 Northern States / ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by lagcity(m): 7:20am On May 18, 2012
Shocker for Jonathan: Northern govs defend Buhari
The 19 northern governors on Thursday rose in defence of the Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari.

Buhari’s party on Wednesday had described the Jonathan administration as the “most corrupt ever,” in response to the Presidency and the Peoples Democratic Party’s attacks on his person over a comment in which the retired General threatened bloodshed in 2015 if the government dared rig the elections.

The northern governors on Thursday said Buhari’s comment was in order, observing that many eminent Nigerians had made worse comments.

Chairman of the Northern Governors’ Forum, Babangida Aliyu, during a question-and-answer session with journalists after the Forum’s meeting in Kaduna, noted that Buhari had only sought to keep the Federal Government on its toes in order to ensure a free-and-fair election in 2015.

However, the opposition Action Congress of Nigeria had also on Wednesday lent its support to Buhari’s warning.

‘’We hold no brief for anyone. But it is true that if elections are rigged, as they have been so shamelessly and brazenly done by the PDP since 1999, naturally people will react, and in doing so it is impossible for anyone to predict how far things can go,” the party said in a statement by its spokesman, Lai Mohammed.

In a communiqué by the northern governors on Thursday, they noted the worsening state of security in their region and resolved to intensify efforts at finding lasting solutions to the problem by reaching out to all stakeholders.

The communiqué reads in part, “The alarming state of insecurity in the Northern states was discussed, thereafter, the Forum resolved as follows:

“We shall intensify efforts to find lasting solutions to the problem by reaching out to all stakeholders.

“The Forum cautioned eminent Nigerians against making inflammatory statement capable of affecting our fragile unity and security. We must be concerned with unity and development of the country in all ramifications.”

Meanwhile, the South-East chapter of the PDP on Thursday cautioned Buhari and described his contentious statement as “incendiary and bereft of patriotic intent.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/shocker-for-jonathan-northern-govs-defend-buhari/

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nobody: 8:42am On May 18, 2012
Why r we forcin ourselves τ̅o live togeda when †ЂΞ truth is clearly obvious?

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by maclatunji: 8:56am On May 18, 2012
Any reasonable person would know that Buhari is standing on Principle. GEJ and PDP have 'egg-on-their-faces' on this one. They raised the stakes and are coming-out as the losers. People are having a lower tolerance limit for misgovernance and maladministration in Nigeria. The quicker GEJ realises this, the better for him.

8 Likes

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by friedrice1: 9:26am On May 18, 2012
The reaction of the presidency to Buhari's statement was such reveals
they had already mapped out plans to Rig the 2015 elections.

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by jmaine: 9:31am On May 18, 2012
What Principle . . .that the CPC did not rig or try to rig the 2011 poll . . . .A resistance to the rigging CPC thugs cost the Late Aikfavour Ukeoma his life . . .a precious life wasted by the blood soaked dogs and baboons of the CPC . . . The same dogs and baboons he is hoping to employ to force his way through . . .sadly for him, he exposed his hands too early . . .

Referencing the Northern Gov means nothing . . .we all have our individual minds to digest the import of the usual deadly antics of Buhari to incite his almajiri foot soldiers . . .

When they ( Northern Governors) handle their Boko Haram mess at the grass root level . . .we might get to warm up to them . . .

Nothing has changed and i wonder what the shocker is . . . .

11 Likes

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by maclatunji: 11:07am On May 18, 2012
jmaine: What Principle . . .that the CPC did not rig or try to rig the 2011 poll . . . .A resistance to the rigging CPC thugs cost the Late Aikfavour Ukeoma his life . . .a precious life wasted by the blood soaked dogs and baboons of the CPC . . . The same dogs and baboons he is hoping to employ to force his way through . . .sadly for him, he exposed his hands too early . . .

Referencing the Northern Gov means nothing . . .we all have our individual minds to digest the import of the usual deadly antics of Buhari to incite his almajiri foot soldiers . . .

When they ( Northern Governors) handle their Boko Haram mess at the grass root level . . .we might get to warm up to them . . .

Nothing has changed and i wonder what the shocker is . . . .

Ask the Punch Editor tongue

3 Likes

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by jmaine: 11:08am On May 18, 2012
maclatunji:

Ask the Punch Editor tongue

grin

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by AjanleKoko: 11:09am On May 18, 2012
Looks like all gloves are off in Nigeria.

GEJ may soon go on record as the worst president in Nigerian history, as far as the Unity of the state is concerned. His watch has overseen a rabid fracturing of the country along ethnic lines, comparable to the period just before the civil war.

He doesn't seem to have good advisers, I have to confess.

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nobody: 11:17am On May 18, 2012
AjanleKoko: Looks like all gloves are off in Nigeria.

GEJ may soon go on record as the worst president in Nigerian history, as far as the Unity of the state is concerned. His watch has overseen a rabid fracturing of the country along ethnic lines, comparable to the period just before the civil war.

may cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

the drinkard cornered that title long ago lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nobody: 11:17am On May 18, 2012

DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA WHO COULD BE A BETTER PRESIDENT ?

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by blacksta(m): 11:27am On May 18, 2012

We echoed the same before the election - Man has no clue what good goverance is. A man who has somehow found himself in a position above his station. I cant see Nigeria lasting with another clueless president like obj to yara and now GEj sounds like a heredity disease.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Beaf: 11:31am On May 18, 2012

Any ethnic group or section that feels too big to be governed by a man from a minority ethnic group can leave.
It is now in every groups interest to arm up, nobody will take bullshiit from anybody in the name of population or "born to rule."
Simple as 2 + 2.

6 Likes

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by AjanleKoko: 11:34am On May 18, 2012
Beaf:

Any ethnic group or section that feels too big to be governed by a man from a minority ethnic group can leave.
It is now in every groups interest to arm up, nobody will take bullshiit from anybody in the name of population or "born to rule."
Simple as 2 + 2.

You must be one of GEJ's advisers undecided

2 Likes

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by egift(m): 11:34am On May 18, 2012
19 Northern Governor (majority are PDP - mind you) support the truth spoken by Buhari, and just then Boko Haram (the PDP terror tool) now wants to bomb all the 19 Northern State houses in the North. Nigerians are you seeing this!

2 Likes

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nobody: 11:35am On May 18, 2012
Beaf:

Simple as 2 + 2.

^^^^ see this fool, why not pack up and leave, are the northerners on your land?

3 Likes

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Beaf: 11:41am On May 18, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Really?
Dude, I see things simply as certain sections playing primitive games that will only backfire big time. Nobody will be missed for the absolute zero they contribute to the Nigerian economy.

These are the same groups that made threats to wipe out the ND on attaining power; so we are armed and we are ready.
Genocide will never happen again within our region, neither will roaches from afar battle not to develop themselves, but for the fruit of our lands. That is all Nigeria is about and that is all those who rant about population and "born to rule" are about. We are ready, are you?

4 Likes

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Beaf: 11:41am On May 18, 2012
DivideUs:

^^^^ see this fool, why not pack up and leave, are the northerners on your land?

I pity you.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by jmaine: 11:43am On May 18, 2012
egift: 19 Northern Governor (majority are PDP - mind you) support the truth spoken by Buhari, and just then Boko Haram (the PDP terror tool) now wants to bomb all the 19 Northern State houses in the North. Nigerians are you seeing this!

Really, . . . So PDP is now bombing PDP and no longer Nigerians . . .You imported to this to whine more about Buhari . . . .How sad could you get . .Effing hilarious . . . Where were you when Boko haram had long signaled their intents to spread their campaign all over the North and then the Entire Nigeria . . .

Sure El-Ru[b]fight[/b] . .is busy updating his twitter handle with some pious junk tweets to his teeming believers
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by egift(m): 11:48am On May 18, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Kanda is not advising anybody. He is one of the Lootercrats. Sycophant of Jonathan. His home Delta is drowning, but he is less concerned with that. He greatly assisted Ibori in getting 'No case to answer'.

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Beaf: 11:56am On May 18, 2012
egift:
Kanda is not advising anybody. He is one of the Lootercrats. Sycophant of Jonathan. His home Delta is drowning, but he is less concerned with that. He greatly assisted Ibori in getting 'No case to answer'.

You sound as desperate as the "born to rule." Right now, we can only watch and be entertained as you lot play increaseningly desperate games, cos with every passing day, what you thought was your cookie jar by right only recedes farther and farther from your grasp. The oil is not for your father.

When the renewal time for oil licenses comes, they will be "renewed." grin
Fight like headless chickens now, you will only dance in crazy circles until you fall.

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Kobojunkie: 11:57am On May 18, 2012
We still dey 2012, yet the fight for what will happen 3 years down the line down reach full force. Oya now . . . Nigerians ooo!!
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Beaf1: 11:57am On May 18, 2012
Beaf:

Simple as 2 + 2.

^
Mini me are you R3tarded?
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Beaf: 12:00pm On May 18, 2012
The battle in Nigeria is all about oil and a huge swathe of licenses that are about to expire. It is also about people like AjanleKoko being used.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Korrection(m): 12:03pm On May 18, 2012
i initially thought Nigeria can never be divided..Now im having a second thought seriously

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by lacasa: 12:06pm On May 18, 2012
AjanleKoko:

grin grin
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by lacasa: 12:11pm On May 18, 2012
Beaf:

Really?
Dude, I see things simply as certain sections playing primitive games that will only backfire big time. Nobody will be missed for the absolute zero they contribute to the Nigerian economy.

These are the same groups that made threats to wipe out the ND on attaining power; so we are armed and we are ready.
Genocide will never happen again within our region, neither will roaches from afar battle not to develop themselves, but for the fruit of our lands. That is all Nigeria is about and that is all those who rant about population and "born to rule" are about. We are ready, are you?

Do all people from South-south come out as retardeensundecided
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by mimifonwon(f): 12:11pm On May 18, 2012
I suggest we make each state independent of the federal government, basically that each region become a confederation. Its that or nigeria just splits. These officials are stealing us blind and tribalism keeps blinding us from seeing a good leader. I think for the sake of our future and that of our children that we should separate. Sometimes a marriage that hurts the children is not worth staying together, and perhaps a separation (like enacting confederacy) can help before we ultimately divorce each other. If only the youths had integrity and didnt take bribe, perchance we can change our own futures and throw these fools out of office. But again because of our tribalistic sentiments,as displayed here on NL everyday, Nigeria will never progress, so a split is necessary.

3 Likes

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by ballabriggs: 12:11pm On May 18, 2012
Never in my life have I seen minorities promote bigotry and hate. A stupid strategy that would ultimately consume Jona's people. Tells you how selfish and stupid the man is. Ethnic minorities promote diversity and equality as they stand to benefit more.

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 18, 2012
yawn - the mad beaf disease is on display again
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Beaf: 12:15pm On May 18, 2012
ballabriggs: Never in my life have I seen minorities promote bigotry and hate. A stupid strategy that would ultimately consume Jona's people. Tells you how selfish and stupid the man is. Ethnic minorities promote diversity and equality as they stand to benefit more.

You blame the victim? Lol! grin grin grin grin
Anyway, from my perspective theres nothing wrong with playing your losing game. Cos I win.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Calebsky(m): 12:23pm On May 18, 2012
Beaf:

When the renewal time for oil licenses comes, they will be "renewed." ;

loadeded!!! simple statement but pregnant with meaning. i see through the eyes of an angle....dont ask me why? hmmmmm....i see
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Beaf: 12:24pm On May 18, 2012
mimifonwon: I suggest we make each state independent of the federal government, basically that each region become a confederation. Its that or nigeria just splits. These officials are stealing us blind and tribalism keeps blinding us from seeing a good leader. I think for the sake of our future and that of our children that we should separate. Sometimes a marriage that hurts the children is not worth staying together, and perhaps a separation (like enacting confederacy) can help before we ultimately divorce each other. If only the youths had integrity and didnt take bribe, perchance we can change our own futures and throw these fools out of office. But again because of our tribalistic sentiments,as displayed here on NL everyday, Nigeria will never progress, so a split is necessary.

+100

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Recession: FG Summons Emergency Session Over Economy / Dele Momodu Reacts To AIT Shut Down: "May God Appease The Gods" / Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.