Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:02 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi (44596 Views)

Giroud- "I'm Better Without Ozil." / 5 Reasons Why C.ronaldo Is Better Than Messi / Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by devyktur(m): 11:44am On May 21, 2012
ddippset: fergie calls him unstoppable, wenger calls him play station, xavi and iniesta call him the best ever, rooney calls him the best in history, eto calls him god, balotelli calls him the only footballer better than him, robben and ribbery say they are not as good as him, maradona calls him his successor, grondona can not tell who is better messi or maradona, guordiola calls him the gretest, john terry's kids love messi more than their dad, thiago silva says you need the sign of the cross to stop him, pele gets sleepless nights because of him, Nowadays we see debates like who is the gretest, maradona, pele or messi. Ronaldo's name does not even get a mention!ronaldo fan boys quit tring to put to names ronaldo and messi in the same sentences. You are being ridiculous.

Pls help me tell them. The most painful thing is dat deep down their hearts/minds, they know Messi is better. Even Ronaldo himself knows this. Grow up haters!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by iluvnaija: 12:46pm On May 21, 2012
I love C.R but messi is not from this planet, Messi is a spirit. My comparison for both of them is when CR is with the ball he dribble one at a time but for messi is like a thief coming to steal in your house running with the stolen item then crowd of people running after him to catch him that is exactly who messi is. Messi will take on 3-4 defenders and still succeeds and that makes him the best in my opinion.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Mcleo007(m): 1:44pm On May 21, 2012
iluvnaija: I love C.R but messi is not from this planet, Messi is a spirit. My comparison for both of them is when CR is with the ball he dribble one at a time but for messi is like a thief coming to steal in your house running with the stolen item then crowd of people running after him to catch him that is exactly who messi is. Messi will take on 3-4 defenders and still succeeds and that makes him the best in my opinion.

This man haff kiiii me ooooo grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by mbaemeka(m): 2:10pm On May 21, 2012
I went through the whole thread and wondered whether to chip in more than has already been said.

First things first though, CR7 did answer those interview questions gracefully. He said "at the moment" i am better. Whether he is or not the "at the moment" as someone rightly pointed out should be taken in context with the other statements.

The issue of who is better then is very clear and easily messi. Many of the posters here are purely sentimental in saying one player needs to move to another league to prove his mettle. A good player is a good player regardless of team or assisting players and for that alone messi reigns supreme. The issue about who peeped who this season is the only reasonable matter worthy of a debate. Ronaldo won the more significant trophy and scored the winner and as such on the basis of that he should be adjudged as la ligas best player 2011/2012 a title messi has enjoyed for a good 4 seasons. That is were it should end. The ballon d'or is more encompassing and is determined by more individualistic successes than one being achieved in a group. The world cup is the only thing that can reasonably affect the decision and as we witnessed in 2010 couldnt even deter Lionel.

Messi brings to mind the success of Federer in his hay days: he not only garners the individual and most prestigious awards but he does it with such aplomb and grace. He outscored every player in the UEFA CL-his fourth time in a row, he outscored CR7 in the league, he assisted more goals than every other player save ozil, he netted 8 hatricks, his free kick conversion rate is far better than CR7s, hell even his heading conversion rate. This is a fact many CR7 apologists fail to see- the big picture!

As far as i am concerned Messi would forever me remembered in history as the greatest player that ever graced the game and to think that he has achieved all this at the age of 24 is even more mind boggling since stats say that most players play their best football between 27-32. It could only mean the young man is just warming up. You would think so highly of Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Robben, Rooney, RVP etc but when you shine them in the light of this phenomenom they look average. I tell you in CR7s heart of hearts he knows that messi is the greatest.

but i still give all the credit to CR7 this year and hope he finishes second during the awards-they shouldngt give it to xavi and iniesta again as they have done in time past.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Mcleo007(m): 2:12pm On May 21, 2012
The statistics published on soccernet.com shows
clearly Messi scored 72 goals/284 shots where as cr7
scored 60 goals/351 shots. Messi's shot accuracy on
goal is 143 /284shots where as crybaby penaldo is
137/351. Also Barcelona played a total of 63 games
this season in 6 competitions, messi played 59 of the
63 games,the others only played half of those games
eg) pique (31) puyol(40)pedro(30)villa(17) sanchez(30)
abidal (35) inesta/fab (38)..so another word Messi
pretty much carried Barcelona on his own this
season (considering in 2011, Pedro and Villa each
chipped in 25 goals)! Also, if people really watch
games closely, u will notice that where ever messi
touches the ball theres alwais 3-4 markers on him, in
chelsea/ac milan game there was at least 4 defenders
circling him same with the classico game, mourinho
parked the bus with 9 defenders and most of the time
theres 3 real madrid defenders on him tag or pulling
his shirt back. If you watch cr7 play, hes alwais given
all the time n space in la liga to make decisions and
shoot from long range, but unfortunately in big
games in the CL, he could never deliver! people can
say all they like but when it comes down to facts, i bet
none of em can even name 1 decent defender from
each la liga team. This is why CL is so much harder
than la liga, defence, man marking, time on the ball
to make decisions, game intensity are so much faster
and cr7 cudnt handle that...messi has proven himself
over n over again in the CL for the past 4 years and
hes already over 51 CL goals/68 games (at age 24
only) and look where cr7 is again?? 39 goals/86
games(age 28). and if people wanna talk bout cr7
being a big game player, once again i will remind u
guys to watch the following 1) Euro 2004 finals v
greece 2) 2006 wc semi final portugal v france 3) euro
2008 quarter v Germany 4) Man Utd v Kaka's Ac Milan
2007 CL semi final 5) 2010 world cup qtr final v spain
6) 2009 CL final v Barcelona 7) 2008 CL final v chelsea
(the penalty miss cool 2007 FA Cup Final loss to Chelsea
9) Real v Barcelona 5-0 loss 10) 2011 CL semi finals
loss to barcelona 11) December 2011 classico loss to
barcelona 12) Spanish super copa loss to Barcelona
the list will jus go on n on and forget bout all the
other records messi broke the past couple seasons
coz the list will jus go on n on and put cr7 to shame!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by ddippset(m): 3:06pm On May 21, 2012
Breaking news: lionel messi wins goal.com la liga player of the season.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by yesboss20(m): 7:58pm On May 21, 2012
Mba Emeka has said it perfectly. No objection!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by yesboss20(m): 8:15pm On May 21, 2012
The debate on who is better: Cristiano or Messi is simply pointless in my opinion! The main question remains: could Lionel Messi rise to be the greatest footballer of all-time? And my response would be probably!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by brainchild78(m): 8:36pm On May 21, 2012
is ronaldo on crack. lionnel messi is better than ronaldo. check the recorded facts based on achievements and skills profile.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by darediamond(m): 12:09am On May 22, 2012
Until Messi move away to Other league and Prove himself, he remain Local Champion.
C.Ron is the Best.
Can you Compare Gurdiola withe The SPECIAL ONE-Super Mourio?
Who Is The Best?
Between Lampard and Mikel who is an Homebase Player and who is a Professional?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by darediamond(m): 12:09am On May 22, 2012
Until Messi move away to Other league and Prove himself, he remain Local Champion.
C.Ron is the Best.
Can you Compare Gurdiola with The SPECIAL ONE-Super Mourio?
Who Is The Best?
Between Lampard and Mikel who is an Homebase Player and who is a Professional?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Celyt(f): 1:31am On May 22, 2012
Here's the last page, no other comments,

THE MERCILESS is simply DA BEST in the world of soccer in this 21st century(at the moment). But maybe in the next eighteen years, my son would take over as the world best wink
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by ademi87(m): 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
coolI tink I preva Ronaldo sha...bcoz d guy plays a very nyc nd decent futball...he can score with both legs perfectly,he is very gud at area ball coz he has alot of jumping power,her can dribble nicely nd he's got swaggz in his game...d boy is clean nd very tushed,he plays futball in a corporate way,too handsome..se ronaldo features can neva be ova emphasized
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Mcleo007(m): 8:32pm On Oct 07, 2014
ademi87:
coolI tink I preva Ronaldo sha...bcoz d guy plays a very nyc nd decent futball...he can score with both legs perfectly,he is very gud at area ball coz he has alot of jumping power,her can dribble nicely nd he's got swaggz in his game...d boy is clean nd very tushed,he plays futball in a corporate way,too handsome..se ronaldo features can neva be ova emphasized

Gay alert!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by ademi87(m): 8:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
Mcleo007:

Gay alert!
kai...dis is why we need to ban weed,dongoyaro nd monkey tail in dis country....wetin drag gay alert come dis matter nw? [sup][/sup] kissr u jst noticing dat ronaldo is handsome ne?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by Mcleo007(m): 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
ademi87:
kai...dis is why we need to ban weed,dongoyaro nd monkey tail in dis country....wetin drag gay alert come dis matter nw? [sup][/sup] kissr u jst noticing dat ronaldo is handsome ne?

You outlined his features like you tripping.. tongue
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi by ademi87(m): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
Mcleo007:

You outlined his features like you tripping.. tongue
goddamit...tripping Understatement.....I av too much lust for C RON kiss we played togeda at lisbon.....in my dreams tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Premiership Highest Goal Scorer (who)? / Fans Return To The Stadium In France As PSG Win French Cup / Manchester United Vs West Ham (4 - 0) On 13th August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.