Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku (12736 Views)

Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread / Olusegun Obasanjo Eating Cassava Bread (Picture) / Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by Nobody: 8:59am On May 18, 2012
[img]http://pointblanknews.com/new/thumbnail.php?file=Untitled_1_495663263.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]
President Goodluck Jonathan now eats locally produced rice and bread made from cassava as part of efforts to encourage indigenous production and stop capital flight, says Minister of Information Labaran Maku.

Maku disclosed this in Abuja on Thursday at the Ministerial Platform where the Ministries of Science and Technology, Defense, Niger Delta Affairs and the FCT presented their performance sheet in the last one year.

``The President is emphasising made in Nigeria products; if you go to the President’s house today, he eats rice produced in Ebonyi State – Abakaliki
- Ofada Rice; the imported rice is not eaten in the Presidential Villa.

``Also there, he eats Cassava Bread that has just been introduced, which is saving Nigeria almost N300 billion in imports.

``From what is going on, if we emphasise and urge Nigerians to patronise the things that are researched and produced here, the country will develop.”

He said that the country would develop only when Nigerians begin to patronise goods researched and manufactured locally.

While commending the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology for its research-based development efforts, Maku said a new Science, Technology and Innovation Policy was required to promote national development.

Maku called on all stakeholders in the country to take advantage of the vast opportunities in science and technology to develop the country.

``The new Science Technology and Innovation Policy remains what is going to be the prop for the development of science and technology in our country.

``We never can develop as a nation until we pay attention to science and technology; the difference between America, Europe, Asia and us is the emphasis on science and technology and human capital development.

``I want to assure you from what you have seen that intellectual property, creativity, is what we need to advance the development of our country.”

The minister urged the science and technology ministry not to relent in promoting scientific and technological research and development, so that by 2015, a lot of the demands in Nigeria would be met.

Maku also called for collaboration between the defense and science and technology ministries for the local production of military boots.

According to him, Nigeria has a large market, which has always attracted investors.

He, however, urged Nigerians to play significant roles in meeting the needs of the market. (NAN)
Source

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by Nobody: 9:04am On May 18, 2012
Good enough for presido, good enough for me wink grin wink

Off to place my order with foodstransfer.com

1 Like

Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by Funkymallam(m): 9:13am On May 18, 2012
eGuerrilla: Good enough for presido, good enough for me wink grin wink

grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by jmaine: 9:18am On May 18, 2012
Okay, we don hear you Info Minister . . .Hope you also extend this "Patronize Nigerian Products" . .by exchanging at least 80 % of the president fleet of cars with indigenous products . .e.g Innoson Vehicles . . .

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by Nobody: 9:18am On May 18, 2012
Ok o... So can anyone tell me where I can buy cassava bread?
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by hakanai(m): 9:24am On May 18, 2012
Okay o!So that means they can reduce the food budget(in millions) meant for the president since it's local content nah.That said has he tried soaking garri with groundnut.Obj dey tidy that one Ijebu style.Now GEJ should try it! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by Ibime(m): 9:55am On May 18, 2012
Hmmm, this cassava bread and Abakiliki rice must be really expensive considering Aso Rock has not remediated any of its N1bln food budget back to the treasury.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by jmaine: 10:05am On May 18, 2012
HNosegbe: Ok o... So can anyone tell me where I can buy cassava bread?

You wan tear ya mouth grin . . .The cassava bread we ate in our Sec Sch days was like a good quality dried leather . . .See as men face dey squeeze to tear a portion of the bread cheesy . . . . And the chewing part was also not fun at all . .

Hopefully research has ended that gruel ritual of chewing Cassa-bread . . .

1 Like

Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by hakanai(m): 10:07am On May 18, 2012
jmaine:

You wan tear ya mouth grin . . .The cassava bread we ate in our Sec Sch days was like a good quality dried leather . . .See as men face dey squeeze to tear a portion of the bread cheesy . . . . And the chewing part was also not fun at all . .

^^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by egift(m): 11:01am On May 18, 2012
So the Minister is saying Jonathan eats N1.3bilion bowl of Abakaliki rice every day? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by iluvnaija: 12:03pm On May 18, 2012
egift: So the Minister is saying Jonathan eats N1.3bilion bowl of Abakaliki rice every day? shocked shocked shocked

Well Said. So can we have the 1.3B budget for food back to the treasury?
We want to see him swallow fufu (Akpu or santa clause) in front of his butt licking ministers in the next FEC meeting, before I will beliv this trash.
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by EFFRAKATA: 12:33pm On May 18, 2012
And so what! Is GEJ a standard for our living?

Mwsheeeeeeeew!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by sholay2011(m): 12:35pm On May 18, 2012
Gud for him...hope he also uses domestically produced laptops and not HPs and DELs?? grin

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by Hoodrat(m): 12:38pm On May 18, 2012
Not new that's the only thing his regime has achieved so far.
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by bakila: 12:39pm On May 18, 2012
Na wa oh. See lying in broad daylight or flourescent light ok make we see how Rice and Cassava will improve or die with this lie.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by philip0906(m): 12:40pm On May 18, 2012
EFFRAKATA: And so what! Is GEJ a standard for our living?

Mwsheeeeeeeew!
+1000
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by maclatunji: 12:40pm On May 18, 2012
It is a big lie, where is the purchase order for the food items being consumed at Aso Rock to prove this assertion? Minister, there is a difference between tasting and eating food.
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by yorke1: 12:41pm On May 18, 2012
Is that what he spend 3 million for daily. Who is fooling who? Bunch of nuisance and rascal
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by bakila: 12:41pm On May 18, 2012
EFFRAKATA: And so what! Is GEJ a standard for our living?

Mwsheeeeeeeew!

That is what they want to sell to us.
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by chuks49(m): 12:42pm On May 18, 2012
Keep deceiving yourselves
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 18, 2012
jmaine:

Lobatan!!! grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by kunyeo(m): 12:48pm On May 18, 2012
Why this self deception? Show me your food budget and your lifestyle and i will tell you if your palate will endure such cassava bread/ofada or not.Leadership by example!
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by sylve11: 12:51pm On May 18, 2012
egift: So the Minister is saying Jonathan eats N1.3bilion bowl of Abakaliki rice every day? shocked shocked shocked

jmaine:

lol . . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by damilola15: 12:53pm On May 18, 2012
Because he's eating Akabaliki/okada rice and plantain bread doesn't mean I should follow suit. angry angry angry
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 18, 2012
eGuerrilla: Good enough for presido, good enough for me wink grin wink

angry angry angry angry angry
Ofada rice and cassava bread no dey the category na!
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by maclatunji: 12:57pm On May 18, 2012
The more I think about it, the more stupid it seems. It reminds me of the days of Abacha when he tried to stop Nigerians from eating Pomo all in the name of using animal hide as leather for shoes and bags.
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by temmytanny(m): 12:58pm On May 18, 2012
I hope the shoes he is wearing is from Aba and the car he is driving is from INNOSON nigeria
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by Silva79(f): 1:01pm On May 18, 2012
Cassava bread and abakaliki rice.....d names r so funny!!! Nxt gist pls.
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by ballabriggs: 1:02pm On May 18, 2012
[size=18pt]and then tops it up with OGOGORO. Useless people.[/size]

1 Like

Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by maasoap(m): 1:02pm On May 18, 2012
Even GEJ's supporters know that this mini-monster was playing on our intelligence and talking us for fools. As you have seen so far, they could only view this topic but didn't have anything to say. That is it, guilt.
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by Freeanijoo(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2012
Why should i care more about this?
Re: GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku by gemstone22(f): 1:14pm On May 18, 2012
I beg make them go siddon joo. Rubbish. Why him no drink garri and groundnut for breakfast? How many people can afford to buy a derica of
ofada rice in naija? Its more expensive than other types of rice. I beg make we hear beta talk jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Bake Nigerian Bread? / Tubers (yam) And Grains Market / 11 Signs And Symbols On Food And Their Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.