Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:45 PM

Bankers' Forum - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bankers' Forum (89562 Views)

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bankers' Forum by slaykay07: 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2007
Maybe it happens but you don't know. But it would begin to happen soon, so maybe that is where people should be looking at not retail banking.

The reason why it's not at that stage yet is because fund management is still very new to Nigeria and secondly there lots of Exchange-traded and OTC derivatives that are not avaliable in Nigeria yet(source of serious money).

If i would advice anyone about a job, i would advise you to work in a asset management division of a bank.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Scopium: 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2007
[size=13pt]@Slaykay07 I'm enjoying your argument as far as my right mind is concerned what you are saying is right, at least I've not seen anything wrong yet. The truth always leaves a bitter taste. If truth is not bitter many of the people who opposed you venomously on this post would have been suffering from diabetes by now.[/size]
Re: Bankers' Forum by slaykay07: 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2007
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Scopium, all i can say to my friend sabak is that one day he would find out from a literate as he already concluded that am an arogant illiterate.

I can only laugh once again to my dear friend SABAK. I wish he knew,
Re: Bankers' Forum by Scopium: 4:13pm On Dec 06, 2007
slaykay07:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Scopium, all i can say to my friend sabak is that one day he would find out from a literate as he already concluded that am an arogant illiterate.

I can only laugh once again to my dear friend SABAK. I wish he knew,
[size=13pt]You are most welcome. Most of these banks and so called bankers can be very annoying.[/size]
Re: Bankers' Forum by Lauradee01: 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2007
I have read all that our compatriot,slaykay07 has said and i just cant help but laugh.
Who knows who this guy really is. He may be one of those guys who spend all day on the internet hoping to maga one mugu. And am sure hes an educated one jugding from all the grammar hes blowing.

Well,am speaking for all the Nigerian bankers in ther house.We are PROUD to be NIGERIAN BANKERS and we know what we are doing. If given better opportunities, the sky will be just our stepping stone.

The stress much, but like one nairalander said,the pay is good.

Think Banking,Think Oceanic.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Edufresh(m): 7:21pm On Dec 06, 2007
Hi can any banker assist me to submit a business proposal to his/her bank.

It is a wonderful program/idea that will make waves in the banking industry and the economy in general.

Chinedu Ezeh
edufresh@yahoo.com
Re: Bankers' Forum by folahann(m): 9:05pm On Dec 06, 2007
I know Banking is such an interesting stuff but the is scary
Re: Bankers' Forum by folahann(m): 9:09pm On Dec 06, 2007
may be you should create a thread for marketing
Re: Bankers' Forum by cgift(m): 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2007
if you like, take the job, if you like, ditch am. na for inside this bank job people like me build house, marry, born pickin and what else. if them say make we sleep for office i ready. infact, i no fit count the number of times i don sleep for office sef. You dey feel me? You know say garri sweet for mouth.

2001 when i finish se4rvice i bin stay house for three months b4 STB call me that time and i will like to say, an idle mind, na devil workshop. so my pple, if you seebankwork wey dem tell you say na 12 p.m. you go they close, abeg collect am o!
Re: Bankers' Forum by bisisexy(f): 5:32pm On Dec 10, 2007
pls all our fellow nairalanders,that are bankers,try ro help me out,i would like to work in a bank too
Re: Bankers' Forum by benik(f): 6:21pm On Dec 10, 2007
nawa o, am almost thru wit my nysc and i want a bank job, God help us all.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Lady2(f): 3:12am On Dec 11, 2007
For those that want a banking job or work in banking, I hope ur qualified to.
I hope u studied something relating to banking (finance, accounting, management information systems, management, etc.) and not english, etc.

Please we need people who studied it to be doing the job. We don't need people who do it just for the money.
Love ur job please. THANKS. grin grin grin
Re: Bankers' Forum by cunny88(m): 7:13am On Dec 11, 2007
konti:

experience true happiness @intercontinental bank.
THE NEW FACE OF LEADERSHIP grin grin grin
sure , true happiness could b xperienced @IBPLC. Dr Akingbola is really doing a gud job takin d bank 2 greater hyts.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Ajike: 11:52am On Dec 11, 2007
hummmmmmm! bank work can be killing and time consuming really but the set of people that are not paying armed robber salary should be put into consideration. May be they should allow them to close earlier than their main staff cos i cant see any reason why labourer (HND holders) which you pay stipend shld be closing as late as 10pm like pple you pay armed robber salary, is very dehumanizing abeg angry
Re: Bankers' Forum by lockster: 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2007
@darknight
which of the banks HCM are u working out from. because i need a change of Job.
can u post your e.mail addy so that i can forward my CV to u? mine is abussygirl@yahoo.com
Re: Bankers' Forum by somebody(f): 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2007
You know what slaykay, go and have a rest somewhere. Don't worry we get it, you are some big shot asset manager or whatever you want to call yourself. I'm sorry to say but people like me make me embarassed to say that I live abroad. Your various statements on this thread show me that you think you know it all because you work wherever. If you are as intelligent as you so desperately want to portray, you should know that you cannot always do as you do in jand in Naija, you adapt to environments. Fine in jand, bankers are EDs, MDs etc but if in naija they all call themselves bankers why do you feel the need to condemn them. Its obvious that you've met all sorts of people from Nigeria that call themselves bankers, obviously that is the way it is done there. In Nigeria, they are known as bankers and its a pity their naming conventions don't suit your ideal definition of "banker" but please let them be And so because top directors in Nigeria agree with you, then you are automatically right. Please, those directors are human beings too and I don't even care if they own the banks. They were even probably indulging you when you were going on about it. Your conversation with your uncle only serves to convince me that you think you know too much, you better chill with your half-baked theories. People like you will move to Naija and won't want to adapt and think they would make it. I have seen and heard of people like you that think the western way is the only way but please wake up to reality. Before you go on about how I don't know anything, I studied engineering in the UK and so know when you can or can't use engr plus I now work in an I-Bank so save your breath on how I am ignorant. Even Americans and British have differing views, spelling, pronounciations etc, does that mean that someone is wrong. Please let Nigerians be jo.!

You also mentioned that someone shouldn't move from Asset management to Retail Banking because your boss is making miliions of pounds of bonus in AM. Is this in Nigeria?? So why advice someone on what you know little about. Do you know if Retail Banking is more lucrative in Nigeria?? Oh sorry I forget Asset Management must be more lucrative, it works that way abroad. Big hiss!!
Re: Bankers' Forum by onydchic(f): 8:55am On Dec 12, 2007
@ somebody

well said jo
Re: Bankers' Forum by seun001(m): 11:30am On Dec 12, 2007
got this from punch,

The Central Bank of Nigeria has approved the harmonisation of job titles in the banking industry to foster easy interaction between the institutions, the public and third parties. A circular to all banks and discount houses, posted on the CBN website on Monday, and signed by the Director of Banking Supervision, Mr. Ignatius Imala, said some banks designated their personnel, particularly the top management staff, with job titles that were different from the conventional ones. Imala, in the circular referenced BSD/DIR/GEN/CIR/V.1/018 and dated December 7, 2007, stated that while the practice might not be bad in itself, it might be difficult for the public and third parties to know the levels of authority and responsibility such designations depicted. He explained that for simplicity and comparison across banks, it had become necessary to harmonise such designations with those already well known. The CBN has, therefore, outlined acceptable equivalents for the major conventional titles. In the CBN circular, conventional titles like ‘Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer’, ‘Deputy Managing Director’ and ‘Executive Director’ were retained. However, for ‘General Manager,’ the acceptable equivalent is ‘Senior Vice- President’, while the acceptable equivalent for ‘Deputy Manager’ is ‘Vice President’. The acceptable equivalents for others like ‘Assistant General Manager’, ‘Principal Manager’ and ‘Senior Manager’, according to the circular, are ‘Assistant Vice-President’, ‘Principal Manager’ and ‘Senior Executive Associate’ respectively. The CBN also reminded banks that section 5.2.2 of the Code of Corporate Governance for banks disallowed the creation of the position of Executive Vice-Chairman and required that the position of the Chairman of the Board must be separate and distinct from that of the Chief Executive Officer.

guess this settles the fight hmmmm!
Re: Bankers' Forum by slaykay07: 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2007
I guess ignorant people can now see from the punch article above, what i was talking about with job titiles in Nigeria.

I looks like CBN directors read my recent posts about it. Like i have always said, only if you knew,
Re: Bankers' Forum by slaykay07: 12:35pm On Dec 12, 2007
Somebody,

Why are you ashamed of yourself

You know what slaykay, go and have a rest somewhere. Don't worry we get it, you are some big shot asset manager or whatever you want to call yourself. I'm sorry to say but people like me make me embarassed to say that I live abroad.
Re: Bankers' Forum by somebody(f): 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2007
slaykay, I miss your point. where does it say junior people should not call themselves bankers? From what I read, they are changing job titles of general mangers etc, it does not say that the other people should not call themselves bankers. Maybe you should go back and read your previous posts.
Re: Bankers' Forum by somebody(f): 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2007
Slaykay, obviously english is also your problem. I can never be ashamed of myself, its you who sounds like someone with a complex.
Re: Bankers' Forum by slaykay07: 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2007
lol, So you're intelligent enough to spot it, good. I was speaking your language
Re: Bankers' Forum by somebody(f): 9:11pm On Dec 12, 2007
slaykay, sorry you wouldn't even be able to speak my language. Maybe in another life.
Re: Bankers' Forum by KAK74: 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2007
Hello all,

can anyone please feed me back on this issue? I live inParis and heard that FIRST BANK is about to settle here. Can someone confirm?

Tks to all,
Re: Bankers' Forum by uchetobi(f): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2007
Thanx somebody
Re: Bankers' Forum by cecegorz(m): 5:04pm On Dec 13, 2007
KAK74:

Hello all,

can anyone please feed me back on this issue? I live inParis and heard that FIRST BANK is about to settle here. Can someone confirm?

Tks to all,

Below is an excerpt of the Speech delivered by First bank's MD during the annual awards last week.

'We have equally made significant progress with the internationalisation of our operations. In October this year, we celebrated the 25th anniversary of FirstBank operations in the United Kingdom, where we have a subsidiary, FBN Bank (UK) Limited.

In addition to our Representative Office in South Africa, we have made rapid progress to also establish in China, while exploring the possibility of a presence in the Middle East. Through FBN bank (UK), the FirstBank group is now represented in France. Our intent is to maximize global opportunities for our teeming customers across the world'
Re: Bankers' Forum by Falcon(m): 11:42am On Dec 14, 2007
grin   It isn't easy, at all,  at all.  grin
Re: Bankers' Forum by cecegorz(m): 1:10pm On Dec 14, 2007
@slaykay
I just went through all the blind arguments u've been posting on this thread and just felt sorry for u. ur's is just a case of ignorance gone on rampage.
Because Nigeria Banking industry is not following the naming convention of wherever u claim to be does not give u the right to just dabble in here and start insulting civilised people. Or don't they have simple decorum where u are, since u refused to learn while were in nigeria (imagine calling ur uncle 'silly' in a public forum).

Please, if u don't belong here, feel free to take a walk. There are so many other threads where u can market ur monumental complex.
Re: Bankers' Forum by ifylove505(f): 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2007
Signor Zax
Sorry! I didn't get the topic, was it OCEANIC BANK'S FORUM or BANKER'S FORUM. These Oceanic guys should take their marketing elsewhere and allow us to enjoy discussions aon this thread.
This is a WARNING! It's a red-eye warning! (Sorry Wyclef for borrowing your line)

And you wey get bank job de complain, nobody force to go work there, if you no like the work, then take a dive in the Atlantic and stop pissing me off. Haba! People de sufa find work, you get work de complain. Afta now, una go de quote MILLIONS p. a. fro salary and you no wan work.

Make una just SHUT UP! before I go vex o!

@ Signor Zax, God bless you my brother.I really wonder why they are all complaining.People can really be ungrateful.At first it was like,'God please give me a job, any kind of job',now they are full of complains. If you don't all mind,if the stress is so much, quitely resign and allow others that would be more diligent enjoy the work including the stress.

@poster,you could have posted something better and not this silly complain of yours.
Re: Bankers' Forum by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:51pm On Dec 14, 2007
Future Financial Planner here, hola at me, I'll get you straight!!!
Re: Bankers' Forum by chychy(f): 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2007
Mr. Mrs. Miss Bankers, una well done oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not in the banking industry but would very much like 2 be, and if i cld choose, it wld be HCM cos that's what i do now.
[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Pay Structure of Most Nigerian companies as at February 2017 / Top 10 Highest Paying Federal Government Jobs In Nigeria & Salaries / Why Do Judges Destroy Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.