Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? (16828 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Nobody: 3:34am On May 20, 2012
I do not know about the Jewish Yahweh. I do not know about the Christian God. I do not know about the Islamic Allah. But I know that the Eledumare of Yoruba people is not deaf. He does not wait 47 years without responding to supplications as the Christian God and Islamic Allah have obviously done. The Yoruba Eledumare is swift and effective. But the problem is that the Yoruba have abandoned their Eledumare for the Christian God and the Islamic Allah. Now they are in quandary. They are in disarray. They are in dilemma. They are in predicament. I believe this problem is replicated among most of the ethnic nations in the geographical location referred to as Nigeria.

We have abandoned our roots. We have abandoned our fore fathers. We have abandoned our ways. We have abandoned our identities. We go around in borrowed robes. We are following the wrong faiths. This is why the prayers would never avail Nigeria. This is why Nigeria would NEVER make it. It is why Nigeria would break up whether we like it or not.

REMI OYEYEMI

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Nobody: 3:45am On May 20, 2012
^^^I'm not here to knock the next man's religion (I'm of both muslim and christian backgrounds, and I see myself as a christian) - but why did we leave our own God, and embrace a 'god' who has refused to answer our prayers??

The Europeans who created Christianity, have benefited from the faith - hence why Europe is the most prosperous continent on the planet...Their God has answered their prayers.

The Arabs who created Islam are smiling with enough oil to last generations.. The opulence in the gulf region can't be replicated in any other part of the world.. I live in London, but what I saw in Dubai when I went there - made London look like the slums in 'Welcome to Lagos'.

Indians who created hinduism are now finally smiling because krishna has now answered their prayers...

Chinese/Japanese/Koreans who created buddhism are now smiling courtesy of buddha...

The Jews (who Jesus was said to be one of them) don't even believe in neither Christianity nor Jesus, but their YAHWEH has been so kind to them

Even the Brazilians had to create SANTERIA (combination of Yoruba gods and Christianity) for their own God to answer their prayers...

But Nigeria, the most religious (foreign religions) country on the planet is still stuck in the medieval age, with mega-churches and mega-mosques everywhere, andnothing to show for it... What happened to our 'God'??

I'm just trying to get a reasonable discourse - please, civility is important.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 20, 2012
Front page please!!
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:32pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex:

Chinese/Japanese/Koreans who created buddhism are now smiling courtesy of buddha...

Good post. everything in order. just want to add that Buddhism is an Indian creation. The Chinese, Japanese and Koreans have their own Traditional Religions which they still practice.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:33pm On May 20, 2012
btw dont expect any such topic to come to the front-page. Nairaland is controlled by christians who wont let that happen. such topics will never come on the front. .
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
btw dont expect any such topic to come to the front-page. Nairaland is controlled by christians who wont let that happen. such topics will never come on the front. .

We have to force, so everyone can join the discourse... I'm tired of the way Nigeria is.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Avicenna: 1:57pm On May 20, 2012
There is nothing listening to your prayers. All the European countries have more or less abandoned religion. It has served its purpose(controlling the masses,slavery and exploiting the colonies).
African people simply abandoned their Gods (eledumare) because it was inferior to the foreign concept of God. The 'advanced' technologies(blasted mirrors) Of those foreigners did not help matters.
And you still want people to return to that?
Abolish all religions and let us think for ourselves. We must not wait for a non existent being to solve our problems for us.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by JeSoul(f): 1:59pm On May 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
This isn't true.

Seun the owner and head admin is an atheist and Mukina the second in command is a muslim. They pick the topics that go on the FP. And if you pay any attention to FP topics, they are mostly controversial towards christianity because it gets more attention & drives more traffic. So on the contrary your topic would be a good candidate.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 20, 2012
Op.

Yoruba muslims and christians still call their God olodumare to date

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:20pm On May 20, 2012
JeSoul: This isn't true.

Seun the owner and head admin is an atheist and Mukina the second in command is a muslim. They pick the topics that go on the FP. And if you pay any attention to FP topics, they are mostly controversial towards christianity because it gets more attention & drives more traffic. So on the contrary your topic would be a good candidate.

we will see. i have never seen a Pagan topic out there to date. you see, sometimes the admin and mods might even be scared to encourage or post such topics on the front page. .
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Enigma(m): 3:43pm On May 20, 2012
JeSoul: This isn't true.

[b]Seun the owner and head admin is an atheist [/b]and Mukina the second in command is a muslim. They pick the topics that go on the FP. And if you pay any attention to FP topics, they are mostly controversial towards christianity because it gets more attention & drives more traffic. So on the contrary your topic would be a good candidate.

From what I recall from the early days, Seun was already an atheist when he started the forum. smiley

cool
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

we will see. i have never seen a Pagan topic out there to date. you see, sometimes the admin and mods might even be scared to encourage or post such topics on the front page. .
pagan are u really a pagan as ur moniker suggest?
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 20, 2012
Front page plzz!!
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by annajess: 4:27pm On May 20, 2012
olodumare ooo
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by logicboy: 9:21pm On May 20, 2012
This is where I really dislike Nigerian christians and muslims on Nairaland. They run away from truthful questions like this. COWARDS

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:32pm On May 20, 2012
toba: pagan are u really a pagan as ur moniker suggest?

*sigh why would i waste my time here if i was not i have spent a lot of valuable time here. . sad

logicboy: This is where I really dislike Nigerian christians and muslims on Nairaland. They run away from truthful questions like this. COWARDS

yes they are all a lot of COWARDS
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by logicboy: 9:47pm On May 20, 2012
Cowardly christians and muslims
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by amor4ce(m): 7:36am On May 21, 2012
Christians worship Zeus and the end result of that is torment in the lake of fire and brimstone!
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by wirinet(m): 11:42am On May 21, 2012
Yoruba people and indeed black people generally abandon their indigenous gods for foreign gods because they were conquered. When a people is conquered by superior power, the conquered people usually see their conquerors gods, culture, language and everything else as superior.

The yoruba people abandoned eledumare for yahweh and Allah because they were conquered by Yahweh worshipers from the coast and by Allah worshipers from the dessert, and Eledumare was unable to protect them.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by logicboy: 12:26pm On May 21, 2012
wirinet: Yoruba people and indeed black people generally abandon their indigenous gods for foreign gods because they were conquered. When a people is conquered by superior power, the conquered people usually see their conquerors gods, culture, language and everything else as superior.

The yoruba people abandoned eledumare for yahweh and Allah because they were conquered by Yahweh worshipers from the coast and by Allah worshipers from the dessert, and Eledumare was unable to protect them.

Sad but truthful
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:38pm On May 21, 2012
wirinet: Yoruba people and indeed black people generally abandon their indigenous gods for foreign gods because they were conquered. When a people is conquered by superior power, the conquered people usually see their conquerors gods, culture, language and everything else as superior.

Olorun would never have interfered and stopped the onslaught of the colonizers for 2 reasons:

1) The Gods do not interfere directly. they only inspire and influence the course of material actions.

2)The Yoruba hardly did anything or put much wholehearted effort to curb the onslaught. After the fall of Oyo, instead of fighting back, they run off into the forests and they break up and start a full-scale Civil War amongst themselves..
As the famous Pagan Greek proverb goes, : "The Gods help only those who help themselves" (the actual one goes: "Along with Athena, move also your hand" . Athena is the Greek God of Wisdom)
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 21, 2012
My fellow Africans do join me in this divine mission from CHUKWU OKIKE to revive and establish the CHURCH OF AMADIOHA the igbo God of war thunder!. Amadioha is mightier than Science because his faithful children shall never die by man made Bullets,bombs or sword! May the peace of Amadioha be upon you all! Meditate upon this image of Amadioha

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by AnotherOkija: 7:58pm On May 21, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: My fellow Africans do join me in this divine mission from CHUKWU OKIKE to revive and establish the CHURCH OF AMADIOHA the igbo God of war thunder!. Amadioha is mightier than Science because his faithful children shall never die by man made Bullets,bombs or sword! May the peace of Amadioha be upon you all! Meditate upon this image of Amadioha

Chi gozie gi, ezigbo nwa..

I am solidly behind you.. We have strayed far from the gods that faithfully stood by our fore-bearers.. Like prodigal children we need to retrace our steps..

The true god of Justice.. Amadi-oha..

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by ektbear: 8:08pm On May 21, 2012
Meh.

Religious is largely a personal thing.

For my great-great-grandfather and most of the people in our town and state, Christianity was a more attractive option than our previous religions.

Live and let live. Nobody owes anyone else an explanation for their religious decisions.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by logicboy: 8:56pm On May 21, 2012
ekt_bear: Meh.

Religious is largely a personal thing.

For my great-great-grandfather and most of the people in our town and state, Christianity was a more attractive option than our previous religions.

Live and let live. Nobody owes anyone else an explanation for their religious decisions.

Spoken like a true slave. Slavery and submission were more attractive to your great grandfathers
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:58pm On May 21, 2012
logicboy:

Spoken like a true slave. Slavery and submission were more attractive to your great grandfathers

haha lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:00pm On May 21, 2012
Another Okija:

I am solidly behind you.. We have strayed far from the gods that faithfully stood by our fore-bearers.. Like prodigal children we need to retrace our steps..

Brother you are on the right track, but dont become this foolish biafra4thearmy's follower. he is a fraud and a christian agent. I suggest you go find an authentic Igbo Dbia Priest, not this online gag.

this is what he said to me:

Biafra4tharmy: to be honest with you my secret plan for CHURCH OF AMADIOHA its just a cover up to train religious fanatics that will teach Moslems a damn lesson in violence. Why do you think i choose a God of war? When we have hundreds of other igbo Gods. I want to breed fanatics that wil return fire for fire![b] You think i dont believe in Jesus Christ? Wake up this is politics man! [/b]Dont you see my USERNAME and Personal text?
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 21, 2012
Another Okija:

Daalu Nwanne Mmadu . Igbo bu eze anyi ji egbe mmiri aga njem.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by ektbear: 9:24pm On May 21, 2012
Lol.

Slave=religion is a personal choice, live and let live?

Nobody has to answer to anyone else for their religious choices, is the point.
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by logicboy: 10:08pm On May 21, 2012
ekt_bear: Lol.

Slave=religion is a personal choice, live and let live?

Nobody has to answer to anyone else for their religious choices, is the point.

This is why our country is an epic failure.

Do Jews ever forget holocaust? No, it is a part of their history. They dont take kindly to the nazi sign (swastika)

Nigerians on the other hand wish to forget about slavery. The wish to forget their history. They rush to the same religion that enslaved their forefathers.

Shameful

1 Like

Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by ektbear: 11:00pm On May 21, 2012
Nevertheless, it is a choice that everyone is permitted. Nobody can dictate to another what religion he must follow.

If somebody wants to follow the religion of the so-called slave masters, so be it.

If they choose freely to do this, no wahala
Re: Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? by logicboy: 11:55pm On May 21, 2012
ekt_bear: Nevertheless, it is a choice that everyone is permitted. Nobody can dictate to another what religion he must follow.

If somebody wants to follow the religion of the so-called slave masters, so be it.

If they choose freely to do this, no wahala

"So-called slave masters"

angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Churches Should Close Before 9am Today To Enable Members Go To The Bank / The Coming Of Christ / Sex Magick: How To Cast Powerful Spells With Your Sperm & Orgasm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.